Started on: 03-18-2014 12:44 PM
Replies: 25 (856 views)
Last post by: FieroMaster88 on 04-01-2017 09:03 PM
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While reading T Top install threads I came accross about 4 that were very well done with great information, and pictures.

Mister's Thread:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...3/HTML/000070-2.html

jscott1's , Thread:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...040710-1-029407.html

joesfiero's thread:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...130314-1-083737.html

joesfiero's thread part 2 Half way down on page two
//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...0314-2-106375-2.html

Lunatic's thread:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/093969.html

When my hard drive died I lost the links to two others that were very well done. I have used "Search" and have hit in excess of 560 threads. There were many many more, but I got tired of looking threw them before I gave up.

Anybody else have a link, or a thread of their own,please post it here so they will all be in one, easy to find thread.

------------------
88 Coupe 3.4 V6

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 05-13-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I created a Google Doc to keep all of my Fiero links in. This also allows me to share it with friends to contribute &/or review.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:

Jonathan Miller, 'jscott1's , Thread:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...040710-1-029407.html

The link you posted was a duplicate of Mr's thread. I fixed it for you.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OOPs, and thanks
-J
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Joe,
we should just trade cars...

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 03-19-2014).]

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

Joe,
we should just trade cars...

Tom l am pretty happy with mine. Just wish l had T tops. The 3.4 runs flawless. 24-25mpg on trips isn't bad.
joesfiero

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did a T-top install. My thread has some information, but I never posted finishing pics. My T-top thread is here and my full build thread with more finishing/finished pics is here with the t-top portion starting on the second page.

-Joe
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2014 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:
Tom l am pretty happy with mine. Just wish l had T tops. The 3.4 runs flawless. 24-25mpg on trips isn't bad.

Mine already has T-tops and I get upper 20s mpg.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2014 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by joesfiero:

I did a T-top install. My thread has some information, but I never posted finishing pics. My T-top thread is here and my full build thread with more finishing/finished pics is here with the t-top portion starting on the second page.

-Joe

Thanks Joe. This was one of the ones I lost. I added it to my first post above.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2014 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

josef644

6939 posts
Member since Nov 2006

Originally posted by joesfiero:

-Joe

Joe, PM sent
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need someone to help me find the courage to cut into my 88! I've always wanted a t-top and just purchased a complete kit. What have I gotten myself into? Oh, are p seals still available anywhere?

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project
01 BMW 525i: The other summer car
03 BMW X5: bad weather car

PFF
System Bot
TommyRocker

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2017 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was planning ttops as well but everything I've found says the seals are not available and the adapted seals from other cars just slow the leaks down a little. I'll end up either keeping the sunroof or going full targa if it's going to leak anyways. I'd love for someone to come up with a source for proper seals.
boysatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2017 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

I need someone to help me find the courage to cut into my 88! I've always wanted a t-top and just purchased a complete kit. What have I gotten myself into? Oh, are p seals still available anywhere?

I used the 81-88 mustang p seal. They're available for $50 for a pair brand new and fit exactly the same, but I ended up gluing mine on because the adhesive tape on them wasn't the best.

I'll email you some of the pictures from when I cut my t-tops in. I did a much nicer job than C&C did on the car I removed them from. Looks like they used a dull steak knife and a hammer to install them originally. Buy some 303 weatherstrip conditioner. I coated my seals 3 times before installing and sofar 8 times after the install and the weatherstripping looks like new again. Also get some medium/purple glue that they use to glue rc car tires, makes fixing any little tears in the seals super easy to helps to glue them to the car where regular weatherstrip adhesive doesn't work as well.

As other people did, I used construction adhesive to make sure the roof was bonded when riveted and I even drilled more holes for rivets for more strength. I used fast drying black seam sealer I got from O Reilly auto parts and it worked awesome. My roof is more water resistant than the stock sunroof was.
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2017 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by boysatt:

I used the 81-88 mustang p seal. They're available for $50 for a pair brand new and fit exactly the same, but I ended up gluing mine on because the adhesive tape on them wasn't the best.

I'll email you some of the pictures from when I cut my t-tops in. I did a much nicer job than C&C did on the car I removed them from. Looks like they used a dull steak knife and a hammer to install them originally. Buy some 303 weatherstrip conditioner. I coated my seals 3 times before installing and sofar 8 times after the install and the weatherstripping looks like new again. Also get some medium/purple glue that they use to glue rc car tires, makes fixing any little tears in the seals super easy to helps to glue them to the car where regular weatherstrip adhesive doesn't work as well.

As other people did, I used construction adhesive to make sure the roof was bonded when riveted and I even drilled more holes for rivets for more strength. I used fast drying black seam sealer I got from O Reilly auto parts and it worked awesome. My roof is more water resistant than the stock sunroof was.

I'm excited to install them on my car. Was reading the install manual earlier.
pcwentworth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2017 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pcwentworthSend a Private Message to pcwentworthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have a link to the mustang p seals? Looking on LMR or other mustang sites, it looks like there is a set for 84-86 and for 87-88
Phil
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2017 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Realize that P seals are mostly cosmetic. Just to keep dust from settling on the weatherseals, which as the name suggests is what keeps out the weather. I've been driving my car for 15 years without P seals.
boysatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2017 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pcwentworth:

Do you have a link to the mustang p seals? Looking on LMR or other mustang sites, it looks like there is a set for 84-86 and for 87-88
Phil

These are the seals I purchased for my fiero, looks and fit exactly like the fiero ones, only downfall is the adhesive tape they used is crap so I glued mine on.

mustang p seal
pcwentworth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2017 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcwentworthSend a Private Message to pcwentworthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just to make sure I understand correctly, is it the weather seals that are impossible to get ?
turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2017 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anybody have a source for the drip edges?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2017 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pcwentworth:

Just to make sure I understand correctly, is it the weather seals that are impossible to get ?

yes, The weatherseals only exist in new old stock (if you can find them) or used.

The P seals are mostly cosmetic.

Drip edges are another thing I didn't know existed. I've been running without them as well for 15 years.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2017 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Three years old and counting,
PFF
System Bot
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2017 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I've read through all the t top install threads and I think I'm going to do it. I have my kit sitting in the garage. I have to sandblast and paint some of the parts first. I'm still pretty nervous about cutting my car though.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2017 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

Well I've read through all the t top install threads and I think I'm going to do it. I have my kit sitting in the garage. I have to sandblast and paint some of the parts first. I'm still pretty nervous about cutting my car though.

Just make sure you cut inside the line and you can use a grinder to fine tune it. It's not brain surgery, you don't have to be within a .001 of an inch.
boysatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2017 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are a few pictures of my install

boysatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2017 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

boysatt

1232 posts
Member since May 2005
How it looked finished. I really took my time and did things much nicer than C&C did on the car I pulled the roof out of. I lot of attention to how the seals fit, parts line up and sealing every spot I could ever get water through. I even modified my drip rails so I could keep them on, as I see almost all the t-top cars they are missing. No I am just finishing up redoing most of my interior, as the old sunroof leaked for years and caused a lot of stains on the interior.

FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2017 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock