Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Is It Time For A Grand Rapids MI Fiero Club Yet? (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Is It Time For A Grand Rapids MI Fiero Club Yet? by Snapperhead
Started on: 03-02-2014 09:30 AM
Replies: 365 (5439 views)
Last post by: solotwo on 12-09-2014 10:16 PM
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bummed I missed it but took advantage of an empty house and got a lot done. Had mowing/painting/repairs that needed to be done. Good news is it's all finished so I can go to the next few events like the red barn spectacular and the gr cruise!
IP: Logged
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroMaster88

7680 posts
Member since Nov 2000
I thought you were at Culvers on Westnedge Dan.
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

I thought you were at Culvers on Westnedge Dan.

I know that guy.....he works as a contractor where I work. its totally fun to grind him about how I get to drive mine. and faster too.
40K.....Org Boxer paint too. he said I can come around someday to get some photos of the Mera and this 308. I aint seen it yet, in person.
I love it

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 07-20-2014).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
and speaking of Westnedge.......I have not been to a cruise "out" show before.
it was sweet when 50 cars go out from Playtime Billards next to Kalsee to Kilgore, Lovers, Garden and back.
but the Awesome was Westnedge to Whites and back. nice digs and long hauls. The GT ran free!
bet we don't get to do that again I won loud contest against that GTO too....I was way louder.

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
super cool mix of Muscle and some stand outs. the V8 GT got a lot of attention some Imports Golfs, Audi's Mazda's.....and then this shows up while I was out cruising made my show complete!

goobs of Horsepower.....a few drag cars with over 1000HP alone. most cars were modified some to the moon
good time. heres hope for next year
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should have brought out the x5. It has no mufflers at the moment.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

super cool mix of Muscle and some stand outs. the V8 GT got a lot of attention some Imports Golfs, Audi's Mazda's.....and then this shows up while I was out cruising made my show complete!

goobs of Horsepower.....a few drag cars with over 1000HP alone. most cars were modified some to the moon
good time. heres hope for next year

Nice car Fiero could have turned out like this.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
I have been doing some thinking about the Fiero situation in West Michigan and getting owners together. I think one of the reasons for not much participation at car shows is because a lot of Fieros are not "show cars". I for one do not have a show car. Paint is faded bad on roof & engine cover. Front & rear bumper covers need work. Seats had rips in them., etc. One reason I dont go a show.

MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine is badly faded too. Would love to get it painted, but I don't have enough money right now. I go to some shows, but I go to look around not so much to show off. I still have fun though. The last one was two weeks ago with the Michigan Fiero Club. I didn't take any prizes, but who cares. I did have a lot of people come and gawk at mine because I had my basket on the back with the trailer hitch I made. Also there was a lot of comments about the Lambo doors too.

Someday maybe it will be painted, but if it is not so what. I just love to drive it.
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My problem is a lack of spare time. I still haven't started working on the Indy even though I have a ton of parts for it.
Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 06:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man the Ravenna cruise in was great... You missed a great get together. I don't know the final count but it looked like about 300 or more. There was about any thing made and some things that were never made. I was the only Fiero and she had a steady crowd a round her most of the time.

Oh well, maybe see you all at the next gig... I up loaded some photos on my web site..

Vince

------------------
Snapperhead Performance - Custom Hot Rods & Accessories
Stainless & Acrylic Deck Lid, Hood, Trunk & Door Sill Plate Mirrors - Vette Brake Swap Consentric Rings - Powder Coating Service - Hidden Trailer Hitch - PnP Trailer Hitch Wiring Harness - LED Reverse Lights

Threads:
Used Fiero Parts - Custom LED Back Up Lights - Hidden Trailer Hitch - Mirror Panels - Door Sill Mirrors - Vette Brake Swap Consentric Rings
Rides:
86 Fiero GT, Blue, V8 " Snapperhead" 2013 Fierorama Best of Show Non-Stock, , 88 Formula White stock soon to be 4.9 met Blue like Snapperhead--- 10 Camaro, 99 K2500 Suburban, 04 Trailblazer

PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:

Mine is badly faded too. Would love to get it painted, but I don't have enough money right now. I go to some shows, but I go to look around not so much to show off. I still have fun though. The last one was two weeks ago with the Michigan Fiero Club. I didn't take any prizes, but who cares. I did have a lot of people come and gawk at mine because I had my basket on the back with the trailer hitch I made. Also there was a lot of comments about the Lambo doors too.

Someday maybe it will be painted, but if it is not so what. I just love to drive it.

Good view point. Thanks for the info.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Originally posted by Snapperhead:

Man the Ravenna cruise in was great... You missed a great get together. I don't know the final count but it looked like about 300 or more. There was about any thing made and some things that were never made. I was the only Fiero and she had a steady crowd a round her most of the time.

Oh well, maybe see you all at the next gig... I up loaded some photos on my web site..

Vince

What time did it start. Some real nice cars there.

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

I have been doing some thinking about the Fiero situation in West Michigan and getting owners together. I think one of the reasons for not much participation at car shows is because a lot of Fieros are not "show cars". I for one do not have a show car. Paint is faded bad on roof & engine cover. Front & rear bumper covers need work. Seats had rips in them., etc. One reason I dont go a show.

the only time I care about not having a "show Fiero" is when at a Fiero show I have no Fiero to, show

I usually don't register at general public shows, anyway......I just park it and let the games begin.
I guess with this logic, tho.....going to a "cruise in" would suck in a stock Fiero anyhow. right?

all kidding aside......a Fiero in any condition is always welcome at shows cuz of their age and the fact there aint many around.
I always like to hear from the general public how "they had one in school" or their "parents had one." so no matter what condition they always start a conversion and with any mods it will draw attention.

now the thing that set this last Westnedge show apart.....was the every hour on the hour cruise and back. it sounded like the Hell's Angle's came to town......for like 30 minutes or so. I raced more cars in 30 minutes than I have ever!!! and these cars were no joke. the only stock cars I seen were new(er) Corvettes, Mustangs and Camaros

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 07-21-2014).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone going to Fricanos cruise in Tuesday?
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is anybody from GR going to the Del Shannon cruise and show in early August? At least four Fieros from the Capital City Club will be there.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I plan on the cruise and not sure on the show
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We may do the cruise but not the show.. plan to do the battle creek cruise.

Vince
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We did the cruise and the show last year. It was great fun putzing through the whole neighbourhood. People in lawn chairs cheering us on.

Looking forward to seeing as many GR people as we can.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well there were 2 Fieros at Fricanos cruise in tonight.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Hey I know it is last minute but I just found out. There is a cruise in at The Cheshire Grill on Plainfield NE in Grand Rapids, this Thursday from 5 to 8. That is 100' from Tims place and not far from Dave. I am going to do all I can to get there early. It is so close to me and the other two Fiero owners. It would be nice to show people some Fieros. Surprising at the comments people make. Most dont know it is a Pontiac, the engine is in the rear and it is fiberglass.
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2 Fieros were in attendance at the Cruisin with Elvis at the Cruisin held at The Cheshire Grill on Plainfield NE Grand Rapids, tonight. Tim was there with his 86 GT and 66 Mustang. Hey Grand Rapids Fiero owners, summer nights are getting shorter. Time to take the Fiero for a drive and lets meet and talk and look.

They have a cruise in every thursday

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 07-26-2014).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lots of cars tonight at Fricanos. The most I have ever seen. Lots of Pontiacs. 1 Fiero. Later another Fiero stopped by 84 Customized notchback, and I talked with them about Fieros and their "Barn find" car.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 07-29-2014).]

Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I couldn't make it.... I'm trying to get my shop ready for my new cnc plasma cutting table.

I will be down in Louisville, KY for the big hot rod show this weekend.

Vince

[This message has been edited by Snapperhead (edited 07-30-2014).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.gilmorecarmuseum...r-car-show-swap-meet
Aug. 2nd
anyone up for some Gilmore Car Barn's!???
Saturday is their big To-Do......I am going to try making the Mera there. I figure if I take it easy it may make it!
I will just have to leave early so if I have troubles I can get a tow during daylight hours. its just easier that way

GET YOU SOME!!

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 07-30-2014).]

Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Aug. 2nd
Saturday is their big To-Do......I am going to try making the Mera there. I figure if I take it easy it may make it!
I will just have to leave early so if I have troubles I can get a tow during daylight hours. its just easier that way

GET YOU SOME!!

I would love to go but I will be at the 45th Annual Street Rod Nationals in Louisville, Kentucky

Vince
kendallville

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Aug. 2nd
Saturday is their big To-Do......I am going to try making the Mera there.

I see the web page says the museum will be open, is it worth the trip?
I was thinking of going to the show in Garrett, close to home.
but if it's worth the trip , and enough people are going I am up for a road trip. I lost a hubcap so not quite show ready
( even with the hubcap ) but Fieros don't win anyway. Its almost a 2 hour drive so it would have to be worth the trip.
Would like to see the Mera, never seen one other than pictures.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We may do the cruise but not the show.. plan to do the battle creek cruise.

Vince

As in Cruzin the Gut on August 9?

Best car event in the Midwest!

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Aug. 2nd

GET YOU SOME!!

I would love to but not sure. So much junk is going on, on Saturday. I would have to leave early. My car is not a show car for sure.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 07-31-2014).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kendallville:

I see the web page says the museum will be open, is it worth the trip?
I was thinking of going to the show in Garrett, close to home.
but if it's worth the trip , and enough people are going I am up for a road trip. I lost a hubcap so not quite show ready
( even with the hubcap ) but Fieros don't win anyway. Its almost a 2 hour drive so it would have to be worth the trip.
Would like to see the Mera, never seen one other than pictures.

if you love cars and/or barns, you are in for a treat!!

I do however need to back out of the whole weekend! I have to escort and support a travel team from Oregon so they can in the air retro-fit the Clean Pak system mo money mo money!! but it kills the Gilmore show and the Gingerman raceway rent a super event as well as my friends band from Baltimore playing a strip club in Flint soooooooo sad right now

*edit*

ohhhh yeah and the half day tomorrow for Viper Owners track day at Ginger Man!!!!!!!! why did I have to remember that??? gurrrrr

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 07-31-2014).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My wife would like to go to Gilmore. It looks like the middle of the month will work for us. Not sure when and what is going on
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2014 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any one in the GR area going to the cruise in Coopersville Friday?
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2014 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
This next Tuesday the cruise in at Fricanos is being hosted by the corvette club. Bring some non perishable items. Should be a big outing.
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2014 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not going to the cruise Friday but may go the show Saturday then off to the cruise in Battle Creek.

Vince
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2014 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Several of the Capital City Fiero Club members are going to the Del Shannon cruise in and show in Coopersville. Friday night is the cruise in and I think we are going to have at least 5 Fieros showing up. Hope some of the Western side of the state Fiero Owners can make it too.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2014 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not going to the cruise Friday but may go the show Saturday then off to the cruise in Battle Creek.

Vince

Cruzin' the Gut in BC is one of the best car events in the Midwest! The later you stay, the better it gets!
Hope to see you there!

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Cruzin' the Gut in BC is one of the best car events in the Midwest! The later you stay, the better it gets!
Hope to see you there!

I may try a day trip, back roads calm and casual thru the Country and see if I can limp the Mera, Maybe
I think my tow dude works this weekend heres for trying, cheers

Mera X has been running short trips to do laundry, food shop, and work......lets see it can handle 40 miles all at once

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Met some nice people and some nice Fieros at the Del Shannon cruise.

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Hope to see you there!

Hey take some pictures!
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hanging out at the Gut. Corner of Capital & State.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock