Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Is It Time For A Grand Rapids MI Fiero Club Yet? (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Is It Time For A Grand Rapids MI Fiero Club Yet? by Snapperhead
Started on: 03-02-2014 09:30 AM
Replies: 365 (5428 views)
Last post by: solotwo on 12-09-2014 10:16 PM
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2014 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Snapperhead:

Anyone going to Lane automotive open header cruise Friday night and the car show Saturday?

Vince

I was but I have to work now.......have fun
IP: Logged
Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2014 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

I was but I have to work now.......have fun

That sucks, I plan to take lots of photos and video

Vince
kendallville

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2014 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Working on the car this weekend So can't make the show
Hopefully I will have a gas gage that works .
Some one take pictures , It seems the only way I get out of the house.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2014 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love to but have family coming into town.
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2014 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a big deal, it's worth just just watching if you can't bring a toy. Friday nite will be an open header cruise ( allowed by the man) Link to the info

Saturday will be a very large turnout Link to Car Show

Anyway if you can make it just to hang out for awhile it would be worth it...

Vince
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2014 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Real Oldies Concert At The Ball Park & Classic Car Show. Saturday May 31, 2014. At 5th 3rd Ball Park, Comstock Park(Grand Rapids). The info says the car show starts at 3 PM and the concert starts @ 6 PM. More info at wgvu.org/realoldiesconcert2014.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 05-24-2014).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2014 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went to the oldies concert and noticed not many cars at the show. No fieros.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2014 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Originally posted by Snapperhead:

Ok a few shows added.

Fricanos on Alpine Tuesday May 20th 2014 is the start of the Tuesday cruise in. There will be a lot of cars there as long as we don't get rained out.

I added the Kool Chevy show on Saturday June 14 2014. See the flyer on the face book page or my website calendar. We Pontiacs are welcome.

Vince

I might be r & r the crossmember the weekend of the Kool chevy show.
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2014 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We won't be back from the power tour in time.

Vince
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I 'll try to swing by and see the cars.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2014 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is going on around central/west/south Michigan?
PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

What is going on around central/west/south Michigan?

tomorrow is Gilmore car barn cruise in. not sure about the weekend.........
Dotrenrew

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotrenrewClick Here to visit Dotrenrew's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotrenrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm heading out to the Dewitt cruise in this evening. I doubt there will be any other Fieros there.

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh I remembered snapperhead mentioning cruise in at Fricinos on Alpine
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002

tomorrow is Gilmore car barn cruise in. not sure about the weekend.........

Is there a cost to that and are the barns open? I would like to show my wife the barns.
Dotrenrew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotrenrewClick Here to visit Dotrenrew's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotrenrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm at the Dewitt cruise in and I'm the only Fiero. There are four fricken Reattas and no classic Mustangs.
kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is there a cost to that and are the barns open? I would like to show my wife the barns.

Just looking at their web page " With the exception of the Blue Moon Diner, the buildings are closed for the event."
never been there but it did sound like a good idea

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks like rain......maybe
I do not think it cost anything to enter the grounds for the "Cruise-Ins"
as a side note the barn themselves are worth the entrance at almost any price.
some are big enough to hold a small Zeppelin

screen cap from a vid I made.......from the 2nd floor!!! lots of room

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 06-18-2014).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dotrenrew:

I'm at the Dewitt cruise in and I'm the only Fiero. There are four fricken Reattas and no classic Mustangs.

No Capital City Cars?

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 06-18-2014).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
I think us Fiero owners on the west side of the state should get together with Capital City Fieros

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 06-18-2014).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think us Fiero owners on the west side of the state should get together with Capital City Fieros

oooooooo have I got a suggestion for a place to meet, tooooooooo!!
last year there was a carshow on the grounds after the runs
if all goes good I may be in the thing just a thought
http://themichiganmile.com/wordpress/

PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

oooooooo have I got a suggestion for a place to meet, tooooooooo!!
last year there was a carshow on the grounds after the runs
if all goes good I may be in the thing just a thought
http://themichiganmile.com/wordpress/

Now all we need to do is get the attention of the Capital City Fiero club.

Hello Capital City
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello.......
Sorry, members have been busy with Power Tour, AACA, work, retirement, family..... .

I am tentatively planning to go to Centreville on Friday nite; if it rains, then Saturday for the downtown show instead.
Albion has a nice afternoon to dark show in the downtown on the 3rd of July, nice turnout, good cars.
Taco Bell on Beckley in Battle Creek has a cruise-in every Saturday late afternoon.
Sturgis s having a big shindig on the 28th of June.

Not speaking for the complete club membership, of course, but we would love to get together with you folks. In the past, we have done a club cruise to the Portland town festival, and part of our Pontiac Excitement Weekend two years ago was a ralley to the Gilmore Museum where we were allowed to park our cars on the museum grounds.

Let us know what works for you!

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Hello.......
Sorry, members have been busy with Power Tour, AACA, work, retirement, family..... .

I am tentatively planning to go to Centreville on Friday nite; if it rains, then Saturday for the downtown show instead.
Albion has a nice afternoon to dark show in the downtown on the 3rd of July, nice turnout, good cars.
Taco Bell on Beckley in Battle Creek has a cruise-in every Saturday late afternoon.
Sturgis s having a big shindig on the 28th of June.

Not speaking for the complete club membership, of course, but we would love to get together with you folks. In the past, we have done a club cruise to the Portland town festival, and part of our Pontiac Excitement Weekend two years ago was a ralley to the Gilmore Museum where we were allowed to park our cars on the museum grounds.

Let us know what works for you!

Hello Joe I know you are busy keeping all the Fieros on the road . I know you have lots of work at the shop. The Portland show sounds good it is not far from GR. Gilmore is always great. Keep us informed.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve, I don't even know when the Portland show occurs. Anyone here have knowledge to share?
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll check
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
I think this is what they are reffering to: 08/18/2013 Portland Cruiser's Car Show 12:00 to 4:30pm at the Red Milll on North Water St. Dash Plaques and Goodie Bags to the first 100 Cars- Registration begins at 10:30am. Top 20 Trophies including Best of Show, D.J, Entertainment by Rob Pearson and Three Husbands on the Loose,50/50, Lots of Door Prizes and More... Fun For The Whole Family. Food Prepared by the Portland Boy Scout Troop 129. All proceeds to be Donated to a Family in need, Organization or Both, Red Milll on North Water St., Portland, MI , Sunday noon - 4:30 pm, registration 10:30 am. Please contact Terry Thelen Phone: (517) 647-7651 or visit http://portlandcruisers.com for details, 517-647-7651
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now all we need to do is get the attention of the Capital City Fiero club.

Hello Capital City

Steve I talked with Bob on the power tour and he said he will contact us on up coming events so we can join in.. He will contact you or myself as things come up.

Vince
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went to the Cruse in at Fricanos tonight. Only one Fiero. Hey north end Fiero owners where were you? Lots of nice cars. I managed to take a few pictures. They have the cruise in every Tuesday evening.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 06-25-2014).]

Dotrenrew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DotrenrewClick Here to visit Dotrenrew's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotrenrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is anybody from the west side plan on going to Fieros in the Village?

http://www.michiganfieroclub.com/show2014.html
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think all the Fiero owners in West Michigan are hiding in caves or something. Never see them or hear from them other than Snapperhead and the guys from Kalamazoo. The rest?? Who knows?

Thanks for the info. This is the first I heard of this event.

Steve

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 06-26-2014).]

MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My wife and I went there a couple of years ago and it was a lot of fun. There were a whole lot of Fieros there that year. So maybe we can go there again. I think I won something for having the most worn tires. I think 3 out of four of them were showing cords that day.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I posted the Michigan Fiero Club show info on the facebook page.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ooooooooo.......this looks like a great way to debut the 3800 Mera
i got word it "should" be done by July 4th.......heres hoping no boogies happen and i should be able to run this.
i am like 4 miles down US-131 away from I-94 East......so i got the S.West corner meet up spot at the house.
plus it'd be cool to get a snap of the house with a ton of Fieros

*EDIT*

OOOOOOHHHH WOW!!
now i am totally down!! i did not know exactly where Lake Orion was til i just trip-tik'd the route........i will be making a quick stop here too. even if i have to be here at 8 AM ohhhhh yeah! Mr. Lingenfelter and I have talked about the Mera of which he already knew of before we met. soooo i got to stop by and show him...one real quick if thats cool with the group AWESOME!

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 06-26-2014).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
swiped off the Cars&Coffee FB site........if anyone needs a bit of a nudge

these alone like are why I would go on a "any given Saturday", blast there and back. it does end a 10 Am after all

*edit*

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 06-27-2014).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
leave at 6-6:30am......get to Wixom lickety-split. early morn Sat traffic is low anyway, so its a Cannonball Run, maybe?

slip out the Cars&Coffee hit the blasters and in Orion Lake in time to be Judged even.....or not and take our time at the C&C.

I am open to anything as long as it hits the Lingenfelter event even for 10 minutes....less than a mile off the highway

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 06-27-2014).]

Dotrenrew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotrenrewClick Here to visit Dotrenrew's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotrenrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like the Lingenfelter/Fieros in the village day is pretty well planned.

What is everybody doing for the 4th? Looks like Mark and I will be in Corunna. It would be nice to see some GR guys over there. It's an easy shot straight down 21.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To answer question about the 4th, Bicycling and going to a movie and my up to Pentwater to sisters cottage. Thats just the 4th.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 07-01-2014).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone going the Fricanos cruise in tomorrow on Alpine? Weather is supposed to clear up by evening.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 07-01-2014).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock