Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Is It Time For A Grand Rapids MI Fiero Club Yet? (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Is It Time For A Grand Rapids MI Fiero Club Yet? by Snapperhead
Started on: 03-02-2014 09:30 AM
Replies: 365 (5428 views)
Last post by: solotwo on 12-09-2014 10:16 PM
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2014 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I for one would love to join in with you on the drive over. It really would be neat to have a whole line of Fieros for the cruise through town on Friday.

As for the show on Saturday, you had better be an early riser or you will be relegated to the park land down by the river. We didn't get there early enough last year and were down in the park. Hopefully we will get started early enough to be on the street this year.
IP: Logged
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2014 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:

I for one would love to join in with you on the drive over. It really would be neat to have a whole line of Fieros for the cruise through town on Friday.

As for the show on Saturday, you had better be an early riser or you will be relegated to the park land down by the river. We didn't get there early enough last year and were down in the park. Hopefully we will get started early enough to be on the street this year.

What time do you need to be in C-Ville( sorry I used to live there and we called c-ville) to line up for the parade around town on Friday? Does it travel quite slow?
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2014 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are supposed to be lining up at 4:00 pm and I believe that they start driving around through town at 7:00. And they do drive pretty slow. Even though there are cops all around we did see some hot rods doing burn outs. Mostly though it is a low speed cruise through all the neighborhoods with people waving and having fun watching all the cars. There are people out all over town sitting in lawn chairs and having cookouts along the route. I did see some cars that tossed candy to the kids too.

[This message has been edited by MadMark (edited 04-27-2014).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2014 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was concerned about idling all over town. Cant do burn outs anyway, but the last time I did something like that(GR Metro cruise) my engine quit. Why not sure but it did start up after a few minutes and I was able to drive 1/4 at a time till I got home. The first time it happened I had it flat bedded home after the wrecker dropped it off I changed the fuel filter and for 3-4 months it was ok. Second time I just drove the bucket of bolts home and installed a new fuel filter. So I thought I would ask if they idle around town? I probably should just change the fuel filter before I go.
Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

I was concerned about idling all over town. Cant do burn outs anyway, but the last time I did something like that(GR Metro cruise) my engine quit. Why not sure but it did start up after a few minutes and I was able to drive 1/4 at a time till I got home. The first time it happened I had it flat bedded home after the wrecker dropped it off I changed the fuel filter and for 3-4 months it was ok. Second time I just drove the bucket of bolts home and installed a new fuel filter. So I thought I would ask if they idle around town? I probably should just change the fuel filter before I go.

Steve it sounds more like an ignition module to me.

Vince
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If so I'll have to get a shop manual for the 3800. I am not sure were it is located on the 3800.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The coil packs are mounted to the ICM.....
kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to say Hello I have been watching this post. I am not in Michigan , but met olejoedad today.
Bought some rims , and had a nice meeting . I still have some work to do on my car but I get to Michigan
as often as I can mostly Coldwater, Three Rivers , and Sturgis . I would like to join in on some of your
events if you have room.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Kurt. It was nice to meet you and your wife. Call me if you need anything!
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kendallville:

Just wanted to say Hello I have been watching this post. I am not in Michigan , but met olejoedad today.
Bought some rims , and had a nice meeting . I still have some work to do on my car but I get to Michigan
as often as I can mostly Coldwater, Three Rivers , and Sturgis . I would like to join in on some of your
events if you have room.

I will add you to the list.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Originally posted by olejoedad:

The coil packs are mounted to the ICM.....

Thank you,
OOoops didn't read. You said the ICM.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 04-29-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
I'll do a mailing shortly.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
I noticed I have 16 on my list. 12 of the 16 I have email address's. I will do an mailing shortly with the info I have. If you think of something let me know.

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Current list of events

Mendon Dust Off Sunday May 4th
Gilmore Museum Dust Off Saturday 10th
Del Shannon cruse through town Friday August 8th
Del Shannon Car Show August 9th
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will no longer be posting events on this thread.. I will be posting to the Amost Again Once Upon A Time Fiero Club Facebook page.

I will post my events in the event section. I also pined Steves post of events to the top so it will stay there and give all a summery of the events coming. We can just edit the post to keep it current. You are welcome to add events or let Steve or I know and we can add them to the page.

Be sure to look under the events to see the full details.

Thanks,

Vince

------------------
Snapperhead Performance - Custom Hot Rods & Accessories
Stainless & Acrylic Deck Lid, Hood, Trunk & Door Sill Plate Mirrors - Vette Brake Swap Consentric Rings - Powder Coating Service - Hidden Trailer Hitch - PnP Trailer Hitch Wiring Harness - LED Reverse Lights

Threads:
Used Fiero Parts - Custom LED Back Up Lights - Hidden Trailer Hitch - Mirror Panels - Door Sill Mirrors - Vette Brake Swap Consentric Rings

For Sale: 87 GT, Met Orange

Rides:
86 Fiero GT, Blue, V8 " Snapperhead" 2013 Fierorama Best of Show Non-Stock, , 88 Formula White stock soon to be 4.9 met Blue like Snapperhead--- 10 Camaro, 99 K2500 Suburban, 04 Trailblazer

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't spend any time on facebook buy spend more time here. So I will keep this part updated. And PM as often as I can.

Steve
"The old guy"

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 04-30-2014).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is the dust off for the metro cruise? I havent heard any thing on this.
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What is the dust off for the metro cruise? I havent heard any thing on this.

Steve I forwarded the email to you
Vince
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a reminder.....
The Mendon Dust-Off is this Sunday, May 4th.
Be there early! It fills up quickly!
Capitol City Fieros will have several cars there, let's see how many Fieros we can pack into the place!
kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Just a reminder.....
The Mendon Dust-Off is this Sunday, May 4th.
there early! It fills up quickly!
Capitol City Fieros will have several cars there, let's see how many Fieros we can pack into the place!

I don't have tires for my car yet , but my wife is no longer driving her sunfire and I am pretty sure the wheels will fit
my 87 ( see were I am going with this )
Any way , any info on the Mendon dust-off would be appreciated , have to talk the boss into it.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kendallville:

I don't have tires for my car yet , but my wife is no longer driving her sunfire and I am pretty sure the wheels will fit
my 87 ( see were I am going with this )
Any way , any info on the Mendon dust-off would be appreciated , have to talk the boss into it.

The Mendon Dust-Off is Sunday May 4th, early AM to 3PM at the high school in Mendon, Michigan.
PFF
System Bot
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I added a few more events to the events section on the facebook page for everyone

Vince
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Snapperhead:

Steve it sounds more like an ignition module to me.

Vince

My experience with a module is it works or it doesnt. It happened on 88.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is anyone from the Grand Rapids area planning on attending the Gilmore Dust off this next Saturday? Would you like to caravan to Gilmore?

2 Fieros attended the Metro Cruise dust off. Boy was it cold.
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I up loaded a few photos on the face book page and my website. Steve and I were there and no other Fieros... There was some very nice toys there, check out the pics and see. Even the pinup girls were out.

Vince
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Snapperhead

1982 posts
Member since Jul 2006

Is anyone from the Grand Rapids area planning on attending the Gilmore Dust off this next Saturday? Would you like to caravan to Gilmore?

2 Fieros attended the Metro Cruise dust off. Boy was it cold.

Not for sure if we are going. Plan to but we will see.

Vince

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saturday, May 10
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Dust it off and join us for Gilmore Car Museum’s 5th Annual season opening event.

It’s the start of summer and time to get your Antique, Classic, Muscle Car, Hot Rod, Racer – Trailer Queen, Show Car, Motorcycle or Project Car out of the garage, fire it up and dust it off!

This season opening event is only $8.00 per person if you show your antique, classic, hot rod, rat rod, muscle car, project car, racer, low rider, vintage truck, etc. Spectators see the entire Museum Campus and Car Show for only $10.00!
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love to go, but I will be in Indy for the Indy GP race. I have wanted to go to Gilmoure for a while now, but have not made it yet.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have FOURTEEN Fieros at the Mendon Dust-Off today, Capitol City Fieros has seven cars, the West Michigan guys are here too!
Good turnout!
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was a good turnout indeed! I hope someone got some pictures. I was too busy checking out all the cars.
kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a few before my camera battery went dead but have not had time to look at them.
It was good to see so many Fieros in one place, and to meet all the club members.
will post pics soon.
PFF
System Bot
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Funny my battery went dead too. Then I killed my phone battery.. Both were charged before I left the house, I didn't think it was that cold.... I had a nice time never found James, he must have been on a walkabout or hiding inside with the warmth.

Posted pics on the facebook page.

Vince
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My brother rode along and we were walking around looking at cars. Keep moving keep warm, lol. We checked out your car and then saw you leaving. I guess next time we need to come up with a meeting place and caravan to a show.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by solotwo:

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 05-05-2014).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Sounds Great. I helped daughter #3 move into an apartment. Her friend needed her to move out(she owned the house) as her friend's boyfriend was moving in. She was having a hard time finding people on such a short notice and Dad could not let her down. Who all was from the GR metro area that went? I hope someone has pictures, I would like to see all the cars.
kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First The ICM is under the coil packs on the Duke .
Now the pictures

Ok next time maybe I will get a new battery or camera.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes I know about the 2.5. I had an 88 for 12 years.
Thank you for the pictures.
My car is isnt show quality.
Snapperhead posted some on the web site. Unfortunately this POS Dell computer will not show all the pictures that he took. I have the same problem with the pictures he took on Saturday. This dell computer is first class junk.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 05-04-2014).]

Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also posted them on my website. Snapperhead Performance Gallery

Vince

[This message has been edited by Snapperhead (edited 05-04-2014).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Vince
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank you Vince

No problem Steve. I know what that is like. Right now I'm in cell phone hell . it has almost been skipping across the pavement a few times this weekend

Vince
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock