Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The New and Improved Quarter Mile List (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The New and Improved Quarter Mile List by Blacktree
Started on: 05-02-2008 01:12 AM
Replies: 758 (40812 views)
Last post by: ls3mach on 04-27-2022 01:54 AM
Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2012 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dcplasma:

WOOT... thank you mister BlackTree

I will be racing at Lonestar Motorsports Park on February 18th. We are going to try to put DC Plasma in the 9's.

I never would have have thought that the first fiero into the 9's would be electric. Very cool. Keep the shiny side up!

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 5spd spec5
11.54@132.7

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 01-16-2012).]

IP: Logged
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2012 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What are we calling legal Fiero's now? As there have been a few front wheel tublar chasis Fiero's that have run 9's.
If it looks like a Fiero, is it a Fiero?
Does it have to be mid engined? Spaceframe?
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2012 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

Its not nearly as easy as you think.

I agree, but talking smack is fun. That means you should get up off your touche and run that 9 as there will be many more in the mid 10's in 2012.

You will be further down that list if you aren't going to put up some killer times.

Hell, I may not run a 10 but I am sure as Hell going to try to run a 9.
dcplasma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2012 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcplasmaClick Here to visit dcplasma's HomePageSend a Private Message to dcplasmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

What are we calling legal Fiero's now? As there have been a few front wheel tublar chasis Fiero's that have run 9's.
If it looks like a Fiero, is it a Fiero?
Does it have to be mid engined? Spaceframe?

I was looking at a tubular frame, it would drop another 500 to 750 lbs. But I'll keep my space frame for now it is very stiff for the slalom course.

In the NEDRA the rules go : Stock Street, Pro Stock Street, Pro Modified Street. Extreme Street. Each level allows a little more modification. The list of mods are specified for each level. Perhaps PFF could begin tracking the level of mods.
You said front wheel, I think you meant front engine?
I think one of the big things would be original chassis, like mine has. But I think Franks Fierce Fiero is a beautiful fantasy Fiero that I sure wish I could build someday and should have some place. Dan Lenz's is very nice too. He wouldn't sell me the roller or I would have bought that one.

------------------
DC Plasma - 800 Battery HP 10.4 128mph
http://www.youtube.com/dcplasmaracng/

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2012 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Perhaps PFF could begin tracking the level of mods.
I think one of the big things would be original chassis, like mine has.

We do track most of the mods.
...yeah, Front engine... my bad

I agree, we have to define what a Fiero really is, as there ARE a few 9' sec Fiero's as far as I am concerned.

Mine however, will be a DD low 10 sec car I hope.

I plan on driving my "mostly" Full weight Fiero (no spare) to the track Boomin the Stereo, lay down the law, collect my 10 sec slip, and then drive it back home with the AC on.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2012 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think you should have to use a Fiero trans for it to be a Fiero. What now bishes. Fastest MT ftw.

------------------
11.54@132.7

fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2012 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a Fiero:

A 4-cylinder Fiero belting out only 370 bhp took the NHRA's Competition Eliminator title at the Keystone Nationals on September 15, 1985 with a best 1/4-mile time of 9.72 seconds at 134.41 mph.
- The Fiero won well over 40 races in the 36 months it raced.

Why isn't it on the list?
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2012 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No one on the forum currently owns or races it.
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2012 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wasn't clear on what kept the car on the list or made the list. I know some of the cars on the list have been sold and some members have dropped off the Forum that are posted.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2012 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

This is a Fiero:

A 4-cylinder Fiero belting out only 370 bhp took the NHRA's Competition Eliminator title at the Keystone Nationals on September 15, 1985 with a best 1/4-mile time of 9.72 seconds at 134.41 mph.
- The Fiero won well over 40 races in the 36 months it raced.

Why isn't it on the list?

I think it should be on the list... if nothing else just to show historical performance for an all out drag race car from 1985.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2012 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

I agree, we have to define what a Fiero really is, as there ARE a few 9' sec Fiero's as far as I am concerned.

PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2012 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru: I think it should be on the list... if nothing else just to show historical performance for an all out drag race car from 1985.

If we can find a video of it, or a valid timeslip, I will gladly put it on the list.
Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2012 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Should note it as "historical" or otherwise keep it separate from people who are currently running.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2012 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

370 bhp / with a best 1/4-mile time of 9.72 seconds at 134.41 mph.

Could someone please calculate the weight of that car to accomplish that?
AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2012 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

Could someone please calculate the weight of that car to accomplish that?

Approximately 1800lbs.

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2012 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AkursedX:

Approximately 1800lbs.

OK. That would have been then some kind of tube chassis race car I guess. Would be nice to see some pics of it.
Fog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2012 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FogSend a Private Message to FogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was looking at a tubular frame, it would drop another 500 to 750 lbs. But I'll keep my space frame for now it is very stiff for the slalom course.

In the NEDRA the rules go : Stock Street, Pro Stock Street, Pro Modified Street. Extreme Street. Each level allows a little more modification. The list of mods are specified for each level. Perhaps PFF could begin tracking the level of mods.
I think one of the big things would be original chassis, like mine has. But I think Franks Fierce Fiero is a beautiful fantasy Fiero that I sure wish I could build someday and should have some place. Dan Lenz's is very nice too. He wouldn't sell me the roller or I would have bought that one.

I agree with that. The mods are shown in the list, so everybody on the top can have some bragging rights. Fastest electric/drag/streetable etc. If someone loves Fieros so much to make a rear engined, dual front axle, hydrogen powered, mid axle drive Fiero and runs 6-s then he should be on the list.
dcplasma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2012 04:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dcplasmaClick Here to visit dcplasma's HomePageSend a Private Message to dcplasmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I said I was going for the nines, and here it is.
On Feb 23rd in Bradenton at the NEDRA Nationals. Racing with a bunch of Diesels...we ran a 9.898 at 134.4mph.

Here is the time slip.

We ran against Shawn Lawless in his S11 Lemonjuice pickup. He ran in the tens. It was the quickest pro-modified electric drag race of all time.
This 9 second run makes DC Plasma the fastest Electric Conversion "Car" in the world. We are 9 hundreths behing Shawn's best truck time.
I met someone who also had a Fiero there. I wonder if he is on this forum? Maybe he could chime in.

Video to follow....

[This message has been edited by dcplasma (edited 02-26-2012).]

TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2012 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And again, CONGRATS on the 9's!!!

------------------
(TRSX) The Zombiero - "Thrice resurrected"
1985 GT, 4 Speed Muncie, 3.4PR V6, 15" Lace GT wheels, Power everything, sunroof, Red with gray effects. Driven and enjoyed daily.

Fiero GT- 2 seater, mid engine, rear wheel drive, H.O. V6, manual rack and pinion steering, fully independent suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes, no ABS, no traction control, no speed limiter, available T-Tops. So, outdated econo-box or classic sports car? You decide.

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2012 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
VERY COOL!!!

Not only are you the first forum member to break into the 9's, but you did it with an electric car! FieroX and DH have their work cut out for them.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 02-26-2012).]

dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2012 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations! Saw that one coming. Are the 8s next?
PFF
System Bot
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2012 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you ask DH he is already running 8's ...bhaaaha

------------------
11.54@132.7

AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2012 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on hitting the 9's DCPlasma! I am amazed at what you electric-hot-rodders are doing nowadays!

------------------
'04 Mazda RX8 Build Thread
'88 GT- 3800 Turbo 11.367@121.03mph (Sold and gone now)
GM Tuners

LFiero67

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations, that is an accomplishment, no matter what you use for a power source!

------------------
11.425 @115.60
Best 60' 1.543 seconds
3800 S/C 4T65E

New combo : Billet 6262 Precision turbo, PT1001 intercooler, ST1 cam, 130lb springs, comp pushrods, HV3, otherwise stock L36.

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats, Who said a Fiero wasn't a good Drag platform? Bring that baby out to Texas Motor Speedway this summer for the Drag and Brag.
dcplasma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcplasmaClick Here to visit dcplasma's HomePageSend a Private Message to dcplasmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is the first video from the race.
This was the fastest EV conversion drag race of all time.
Truck had hit nines before but didn't on the this day, he ran 10.6.

We ran in our 26.6" Eagle GT's due to the dew forming on everything. 3.08 rear end.
Melted the tires down during the burnout, I think that is the trick.

Metric

[This message has been edited by dcplasma (edited 02-27-2012).]

TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pappy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy electrons that's awesome!!!

DC Plasma - Congrats are in order to you and your team!

Figero88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 04:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Figero88Send a Private Message to Figero88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First post, been lurking for a while. The car is a 1988 Fiero notchback -formerly a base 4 cylinder- with an Archie LS3/F40 6-speed swap (transaxle cryo treated and quaife LSD epuipped). Running 225/50R15 tires in the rear on stock fiero GT wheels (sleeper!). Created to be a fast street/show car that is respectable on the strip. Mission accomplished.
First time slip is first run in the car, shifting conservatively. Second timeslip is fifth and final run for me for the night. 12.75 with 123 mph trap speed and terrible 60 foot time. Hope photo downloads below. First time using photobucket.

dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see what you say about the 0-60 time. Were you just being careful or was there a complete loss of traction off the line?
fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on the 9's DC Plasma! After being at the top spot for almost 3 years, it feels kind of relaxing to let someone take the top spot for awhile. I have had major axle woes lately, and the guy that makes the axles not rectifying the problem doesnt help my cause at all. I am working with a new vendor for fiero high performance CV shafts so hopefully this summer I can get back out and make some tracks.

I will challenge you to this DC, you are faster in the 1/4 mile now, but how will that thing hold up on the Power Tour
PFF
System Bot
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Figero88:

First post, been lurking for a while. The car is a 1988 Fiero notchback -formerly a base 4 cylinder- with an Archie LS3/F40 6-speed swap (transaxle cryo treated and quaife LSD epuipped).

Hey there... glad you joined the forum. What a great first post... showing off a car in the 12's!

You and I met last spring at Cars & Coffee show when the San Antonio club was holding their Fiero Round-Up.
I was in the red T-Top coupe.

I remember commenting on various cars to you... but had NO IDEA that you owned the LS3 Fiero,... I kept looking for the owner... come to find out I already had.

Anyway... nice car... hope to see you at the next Round-Up.
--blake

oh! and congrats DCPlasma on your slip!... fastest Fiero in the US lives in Texas! Woot, Woot!

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?
......................................................www.northtexasfieroclub.org

dcplasma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dcplasmaClick Here to visit dcplasma's HomePageSend a Private Message to dcplasmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroX:
Congrats on the 9's DC Plasma! After being at the top spot for almost 3 years, it feels kind of relaxing to let someone take the top spot for awhile. I have had major axle woes lately, and the guy that makes the axles not rectifying the problem doesnt help my cause at all. I am working with a new vendor for fiero high performance CV shafts so hopefully this summer I can get back out and make some tracks.
I will challenge you to this DC, you are faster in the 1/4 mile now, but how will that thing hold up on the Power Tour

I race a pretty mean slalom course, http://www.youtube.com/user...g/c/7F8A8506B0011A90

what is the "Power Tour"?

Metric
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Considering I am well over 500lbs heavier, and trapping almost 10mph faster (on 15psi vs my normal 25+) Im not worried.

I am content with justin and I both having the highest trap speeds.

Anyone else see a sore loser around?

Then someone beats the trap, "Well he's running special tires, mine is only using ______ tires."

The "latest" I can find for Darkhorizon's time "verified" is from 2009, that's 3 years of him bragging on a 12 second car.

Darkhorizon 11.754@119.01 ( 88 Coupe / 3800, Intercooled HX35 turbo, 1.8 YT rockers, 14psi, Pump gas, Stock 2.93:1 4T65E-HD trans)

Perhaps there is something I am missing here. He sure is loud and obnoxious for being the "drummer" of the racing crowd.

Troll face fits for his avatar, but it past time to switch. Here is my suggestion.

Brad
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually.....
He just recently went 10.55 with his car and there is a youtube video of it, several actually. Looked like he could have more in it from the looks of the video as he did not leave all that hard. I agree he can be kinda abrasive but he is actually the second or third fastest full body fiero around here the last time I checked... I do like the crybaby tho....hmmm Peace

Pete

[This message has been edited by Pete Matos (edited 02-29-2012).]

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

Actually.....
He just recently went 10.55 with his car and there is a youtube video of it, several actually. Looked like he could have more in it from the looks of the video as he did not leave all that hard. I agree he can be kinda abrasive but he is actually the second or third fastest full body fiero around here the last time I checked... I do like the crybaby tho....hmmm Peace

Pete

Ahh, very cool. Then perhaps he could simply post some time slips to show he isn't just trolling for a reaction.

Brad
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am pretty sure he has timeslips photos here somewhere. As I said there is video of it on youtube if you search it.... nevermind here ya go...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5li6oojNCIM

So while he is kind of a wiseass and annoys a lot of folks here you cannot discount the fact that he is a major player in the fiero speed circles. I for one wish he would cut the bull and really let that car go on the track and let us all see the nine I think it has in it... would be awesome. Peace

Pete

[This message has been edited by Pete Matos (edited 02-29-2012).]

fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I race a pretty mean slalom course, http://www.youtube.com/user...g/c/7F8A8506B0011A90

what is the "Power Tour"?

Metric

The power tour is an event hosted by hot rod magazine every year where thousands of hot rods and muscle cars drive a set route across the country in a 7 day span.
normsf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for normsfClick Here to visit normsf's HomePageSend a Private Message to normsfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

OK. That would have been then some kind of tube chassis race car I guess. Would be nice to see some pics of it.

Hello,. could this be the car. http://cars.oodle.com/view/...02432568-pulaski-pa/
dcplasma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2012 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dcplasmaClick Here to visit dcplasma's HomePageSend a Private Message to dcplasmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[B]muscle cars drive a set route across the country in a 7 day span.

Oh heck no....
I have a range of about 15 miles. Very fast miles but only 15.

We are going to try the TEXAS MILE in Beeville Texas on March 23rd this year. Registration is complete and license applied for.
Will try to do 150mph crossing the line. That will be at half current to keep heat down.

------------------
DC Plasma
900 Battery HP 1.551 6.321 112mph 9.898 134.4mph
http://www.youtube.com/dcplasmaracng/

[This message has been edited by dcplasma (edited 03-01-2012).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock