Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The New and Improved Quarter Mile List (Page 15)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The New and Improved Quarter Mile List by Blacktree
Started on: 05-02-2008 01:12 AM
Replies: 758 (40813 views)
Last post by: ls3mach on 04-27-2022 01:54 AM
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2013 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fieroguru: 12.896 @ 114mph (LS4 with LS2 Intake/Injectors/Throttle body, 224/232 camshaft, 12# flywheel, 10" Spec Stage 4+ clutch, F40 6 speed)

Car has more in it when I dial in my launch technique and speed up my 2-3 shift...

IP: Logged
J Gunsett

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2013 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stock LS3 with F-40 transmission. Stock 215/60R 14 tires.

Jack
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
updated
TheRealShadowX

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by J Gunsett:

Jack

That 60' takes a year! With that trap speed and a much quicker 60' you stand to make a much better et.

Keep at it and keep us updated!

------------------

MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jack

Jack did you try running with those other rims and tires to get better traction? And wow on the trap speed. I know your car really pulls once you can get enough traction. And what gear did you start out in?

[This message has been edited by MadMark (edited 10-01-2013).]

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
H$ll yeah....Good to see some LSx times being added to the list...MPH tells forsure that the cars can run much faster times...With some practiceI see high 11s out of both of them. Congrats to both....
J Gunsett

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mark, I tried the tires Joe loaned me and all I could do was spin them all the way down the track. I could not get out of the 15s with them. The tires were 17s with little sidewall and I think that was the problem, thank goodness I brought my good old stock 14s with me. If I do this again I will look into a set of drag radials.

Jack
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://youtu.be/ezFIuTfQjPw

video....

------------------

3800 SC/IC Formula whines more than your girl... 12.7@113
08 Cobalt SS TC - ZZP tuned, K&N SRI, 6k HID's 13.31@107
07 HHR - Wifes (tried to have her get the SS)

[This message has been edited by LoW_KeY (edited 10-02-2013).]

MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mark, I tried the tires Joe loaned me and all I could do was spin them all the way down the track. I could not get out of the 15s with them. The tires were 17s with little sidewall and I think that was the problem, thank goodness I brought my good old stock 14s with me. If I do this again I will look into a set of drag radials.

Jack

That is what I was wondering about. Someday maybe we will have to line up together. I think I would beat you out of the hole and then be trying to hold you off all the way down the strip. Maybe we should do it sooner than later so I might have a chance even. Once you can get all the Horse Power and Torque to the ground I won't stand a chance.

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LoW_KeY:

http://youtu.be/ezFIuTfQjPw

Did you "bog" it a bit off the line?

If so, maybe a bit more gas next time... or were you trying hard not to spin the tires at the start?

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-02-2013).]

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Did you "bog" it a bit off the line?

If so, maybe a bit more gas next time... or were you trying hard not to spin the tires at the start?

Yup.... tires I have suck a huge one. 205 all around tires that came with rims believe theyre w rated too ewww. Planned on going 235's. That and my mysterious surge track night wasn't so bad other days it really to be blunt pisses me off.

I tried launching it and netted a 2.3 spun like crazy. I know its capable lower times but I didn't try any more after I felt the surging not sure if its knock or the maf tables needing more adjustments on the n* tb. It was dyno tuned didn't see any knock issues.

On prowl to get it turbo now with real tires by next year
PFF
System Bot
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a stupid surge this spring...Check you spark plugs the spin on top cap piece was loose on 3 of my plugs... Went to autolite 104"s problem solved..
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright thanks know I'm running ngktr6's I'll give that a whirl Sunday
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yup.... tires I have suck a huge one. 205 all around tires that came with rims believe theyre w rated too ewww. Planned on going 235's.

Although I don't do the quarter mile, I do autocross. It's always a fine line at launch between "bogging" it and a smoke show.

Wider rubber in the back should help your car a lot. Looking forward to seeing more of your runs.
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine where NKG's also...I had never had a problem with NGK's until then.. I was in the process of checking the wires out to see if they had any cracks when I noticed the top of the plug was loose.. So I swapped them out and it went away...
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Although I don't do the quarter mile, I do autocross. It's always a fine line at launch between "bogging" it and a smoke show.

Wider rubber in the back should help your car a lot. Looking forward to seeing more of your runs.

My friend claims wider won't help 1/4 times on speed itll decrease more mass.. I don't know why I try to reason... maybe ill hit it one more time with plugs and 235 tires. I'm guessing I could go that far just need to get rim specs. I know it should be low 12s with those traps
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yup.... tires I have suck a huge one. 205 all around tires that came with rims believe theyre w rated too ewww. Planned on going 235's. That and my mysterious surge track night wasn't so bad other days it really to be blunt pisses me off.

I tried launching it and netted a 2.3 spun like crazy. I know its capable lower times but I didn't try any more after I felt the surging not sure if its knock or the maf tables needing more adjustments on the n* tb. It was dyno tuned didn't see any knock issues.

On prowl to get it turbo now with real tires by next year

See if you can master a 2nd gear start for the 1/4. Worked for me on getter a quicker time (way back when), SBC had a lot of torque, so time was shaved considerable by eliminating the 1-2 shift. Looks by video that you have enough power/torque in second to do it.

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 10-05-2013).]

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well went a new Personal best again today. Cut an awesome reaction time and a great 60 ft. I wish the timing was turned up for that run but I was testing the race gas to make sure it wouldn't detonate.

------------------

LFiero67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice.

Lot of cool builds running at the track lately.

------------------
10.263 @ 134.44MPH - 1.49 60'
Billet 6262 Precision turbo, PT1001 intercooler, ST1 cam, 130lb springs, comp pushrods, HV3, ARP Rod bolts, otherwise stock L36.

Old M90 XP Cam time -
11.425 @115.60
1.543 60'

NoMoreRicers

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

Well went a new Personal best again today. Cut an awesome reaction time and a great 60 ft. I wish the timing was turned up for that run but I was testing the race gas to make sure it wouldn't detonate.

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Need to get that mph up there.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.17@132.6

PFF
System Bot
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

Need to get that mph up there.

You know that aint happenin damn m90... darn balts got an effecient blower over the 3800... darn eco tvs.

Congrats.

I got to thinkin my tires are 6 years old lol.

Whats your back tire width?
NoMoreRicers

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You know that aint happenin damn m90... darn balts got an effecient blower over the 3800... darn eco tvs.

Congrats.

I got to thinkin my tires are 6 years old lol.

Whats your back tire width?

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../103440-10.html#p399
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well went a new Personal best again today. Cut an awesome reaction time and a great 60 ft. I wish the timing was turned up for that run but I was testing the race gas..

Good time and 60'...1.6s is what I used to cut on my old setup all the time with DRs..MPH looks decent for a SC setup..Need to add a 100 shot so u can gain on the top end....bring it down to a low 11...Congrats

Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I need to go ahead and spray a 50 or 75 shot to get the mph up. The M90 is at pretty much all she wrote.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 03:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah I need to go ahead and spray a 50 or 75 shot to get the mph up. The M90 is at pretty much all she wrote.

75 at the least.....but I say 100 shot to give it that extra MPH needed
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

75 at the least.....but I say 100 shot to give it that extra MPH needed

I feel like that big of a shot will start doing head gasket trouble. But I'm going to look into it all. Did you keep the bottle in your trunk?
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I feel like that big of a shot will start doing head gasket trouble. But I'm going to look into it all. Did you keep the bottle in your trunk?

You can run factory stock head bolts well over 500whp, probably more. Factory headgaskets are preferred on the max power 800+ builds as of late.

A 200 shot would be pretty tame on a M90 car running 16-18 degrees of timing.
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

You can run factory stock head bolts well over 500whp, probably more. Factory headgaskets are preferred on the max power 800+ builds as of late.

A 200 shot would be pretty tame on a M90 car running 16-18 degrees of timing.

I'm running Cometic head gaskets over stock ones. What kind of plug gap do I need to run on say a 75 shot?
DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm running Cometic head gaskets over stock ones. What kind of plug gap do I need to run on say a 75 shot?

I am watching this as you and I are at just about exactly the same ET/MPH.

------------------
84/87 NB, 3800SC, E-85, VS Cam, 2.8 Pulley, 4T65E-HD, HP Tuners, AEM Wideband, Regal GS Gauges, S-10 Brake Booster. 1/4 mile -11.906 at 111.93mph

Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DimeMachine:

I am watching this as you and I are at just about exactly the same ET/MPH.

I noticed that. Same mods except looks like I am Intercooled and have a XP cam. What gears are you running in your 4t65e? I think I'm going to try and spray a 75 shot here next spring hoping to dip into the lower 11's @ 120mph.
PFF
System Bot
DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I noticed that. Same mods except looks like I am Intercooled and have a XP cam. What gears are you running in your 4t65e? I think I'm going to try and spray a 75 shot here next spring hoping to dip into the lower 11's @ 120mph.

I would say the E 85 offsets the intercooler. I have the stock 2.92 ratio - darkhorizon talked me out of lowering the ration in another post a while back. I can manage a fairly consistant 1.67 60' time. do you have lower gears to get that 1.6 60' time?
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I would say the E 85 offsets the intercooler. I have the stock 2.92 ratio - darkhorizon talked me out of lowering the ration in another post a while back. I can manage a fairly consistant 1.67 60' time. do you have lower gears to get that 1.6 60' time?

I have 3.29 gears with a custom built converter.

[This message has been edited by Rare87GT (edited 10-07-2013).]

DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was kinda worried about lower gears and converter ganging up and destroying axle parts with good traction. Any breakage so far? Also, I was thinking too of playing with nitrous next year (almost winter in MN). From the research I have done, it seems like 75hp shot on top of our fairly maxed out M-90 setups is about it - so I am not sure if DH was kidding about the 200hp shot or not. I did think that if the basically stock l67 can handle 600 hp turbocharged, why would it not be able to handle a 200 nitrrous shot on top of the 370 hp (estimated) we currently have so long as you retard the timing and keep the AFR in check. I just have not heard of anyone doing more than 75 on the L67 - have you?

[This message has been edited by DimeMachine (edited 10-07-2013).]

Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was kinda worried about lower gears and converter ganging up and destroying axle parts with good traction. Any breakage so far? Also, I was thinking too of playing with nitrous next year (almost winter in MN). From the research I have done, it seems like 75hp shot on top of our fairly maxed out M-90 setups is about it - so I am not sure if DH was kidding about the 200hp shot or not. I did think that if the basically stock l67 can handle 600 hp turbocharged, why would it not be able to handle a 200 nitrrous shot on top of the 370 hp (estimated) we currently have so long as you retard the timing and keep the AFR in check. I just have not heard of anyone doing more than 75 on the L67 - have you?

As far as breaking axles, I have not had any problems. I've done numerous passes in the 1.7 60ft area and 4 to 5 passes in the 1.6's and numerous passes on the street without any failure yet on axles. Knock on wood. I'd say I've hit the sweet spot for this setup. It's done amazing on the street and I can gauge traction easily. Now the turbo folks have way more power and this is merely a comparison based on what I've done. On the street, I've lost to a couple of FAST cars but I've also beat a handful of 10 sec rides that either don't have traction or just plain can't hook up like they do at the track. From a dig not a lot of cars can hang like our setups can. Turbo cars can do well too, but sometimes when the boost comes on it makes it hard. I think a 75 shot is going to work really well. Keep me posted on your setup, etc. Nice to see someone with similar mods racing!

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I was SC'd (3.4 pulley 1.9 rockers stock springs and everything else) I went 12.5@110. Sprayed a 100 shot same day and went 11.9@120 on 110 race gas. Getrag 5 speed. Can't remember what tires. I only started to spray at the end of 2nd gear. You guys will pick up more than you think.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.17@132.6

DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

When I was SC'd (3.4 pulley 1.9 rockers stock springs and everything else) I went 12.5@110. Sprayed a 100 shot same day and went 11.9@120 on 110 race gas. Getrag 5 speed. Can't remember what tires. I only started to spray at the end of 2nd gear. You guys will pick up more than you think.

Did you ever go past the 100 shot? - why or why not? Just trying to gain info for if/when I purchase a nitrous kit to make sure I get the selection of jets I am planning to try - 50hp/75/ 100/ ???
DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DimeMachine

957 posts
Member since Sep 2011

As far as breaking axles, I have not had any problems. I've done numerous passes in the 1.7 60ft area and 4 to 5 passes in the 1.6's and numerous passes on the street without any failure yet on axles. Knock on wood. I'd say I've hit the sweet spot for this setup. It's done amazing on the street and I can gauge traction easily. Now the turbo folks have way more power and this is merely a comparison based on what I've done. On the street, I've lost to a couple of FAST cars but I've also beat a handful of 10 sec rides that either don't have traction or just plain can't hook up like they do at the track. From a dig not a lot of cars can hang like our setups can. Turbo cars can do well too, but sometimes when the boost comes on it makes it hard. I think a 75 shot is going to work really well. Keep me posted on your setup, etc. Nice to see someone with similar mods racing!

That is the thing that makes these fieros so much fun - we can pull a 1.75 sec 60' time at just about any stoplight. Not many camaros/mustnags/vettes/ or other muscle cars can do that...
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That is the thing that makes these fieros so much fun - we can pull a 1.75 sec 60' time at just about any stoplight. Not many camaros/mustnags/vettes/ or other muscle cars can do that...

100% agree with you. The torque we have at any light is virtually unbeatable from a stop. It's really effortless to get it to hook up especially on my Nitto 555r tires.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Converters are huge trap speed bandits. To really gain in the converter side of things you need to go WAY faster at the line, which is tough to do considering you have peak power at most any RPM on a 3800.

I was kinda worried about lower gears and converter ganging up and destroying axle parts with good traction. Any breakage so far? Also, I was thinking too of playing with nitrous next year (almost winter in MN). From the research I have done, it seems like 75hp shot on top of our fairly maxed out M-90 setups is about it - so I am not sure if DH was kidding about the 200hp shot or not.

Few FWD guys have played around with big 200+ setups but due to being derps and or FWD holds them back from producing much of anything public. The "shops" that do most of the advertising doesnt do much to sell it as there is not much money in reselling a nitrous kit for $10 profits.

I did think that if the basically stock l67 can handle 600 hp turbocharged, why would it not be able to handle a 200 nitrrous shot on top of the 370 hp (estimated) we currently have so long as you retard the timing and keep the AFR in check. I just have not heard of anyone doing more than 75 on the L67 - have you?

Nitrous is really quite harsh on a motor.. the nitrous turning on and off is a very binary thing which is not easy on anything... but yes the only thing you have to be worried about is breaking something... A piston is going to break from detonation or overheating (nitrous is pretty cold if your afr is right). The rods will only handle so much power vs rpm, but we have proven those in ideal and less than ideal conditions are very healthy still.

I did a little fiddling around with a 50 shot for awhile and I basically couldnt screw it up.... And I never bothered doing any tuning work on it.

[This message has been edited by darkhorizon (edited 10-07-2013).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock