Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The New and Improved Quarter Mile List (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The New and Improved Quarter Mile List by Blacktree
Started on: 05-02-2008 01:12 AM
Replies: 758 (40772 views)
Last post by: ls3mach on 04-27-2022 01:54 AM
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's too bad people gotta lie about their timeslips on here!
IP: Logged
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know a lot of people like to embellish about how fast their car is everywhere, but this particular thread was I hope one that had ACTUAL runs with videos and corroborating feedback about their times and speeds. It is a valuable resource for people looking at engine mods and swaps to decide and get an idea about just how fast a particular mod will make their fiero go. I am sorry to read that someone would try to tarnish that and I am glad that the truth has been brough out.... peace

Fieros_Forever

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fieros_ForeverSend a Private Message to Fieros_ForeverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WOW! Game. Set. Match.

I have never really understood why people want to post fraudulent information on the internet. If you have seen the picture, odds are, someone else has also, or can find it with a little research. In these cases, Google is NOT your friend.

When Cardomain first started, this fellow that I had met on there and myself went through the exotic car section, and proved many of the people that posted the pictures of the cars were not the actual owners. We had about an 8 out of ten success rate of the ones that we tried to disprove. If we could not find a picture, I would say in the comments: "Cool car, but fraud is rampant here. If you would not mind, place a cup turned upside down on the right rear of the (insert car). Then we will know that you are not just another person claiming to own an exotic."

Never received one picture, but I did get a lot of "I'm in Vancouver, and the car is in Miami" reply's.

Either way, back to the thread. I just had to comment. That was a big time bust.

-FF
1986 Fiero 2M6

Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's sad to see such a good reputation for a car get screwed by a lair wanting to stroke his own ego.

I think there should be a new slip/video requirement
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I ran low 8's on my stock Fiero...

In case it isn't clear... I'm kidding
Fiero_Fan_88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump.

Am I the only one that's waiting for some form of an excuse or apology?

------------------

carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am still not entirely convinced that it was actually Mr. Ferrari that posted that... it just doesn't sound like the guy I met last year... but who knows. He was dead honest about issues he was having with driving the car and he almost had a rear wheel bearing come apart on the way home from the Dell's last year... I dunno, just smells fishy to me. I guess if he never shows his face at any future local Fiero events around here, we will know... it would be a shame as well, it is a great car.

As for waiting for an apology on the Internet... have fun.

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 05-28-2010).]

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_Fan_88:

Bump.

Am I the only one that's waiting for some form of an excuse or apology?

He was caught lying and hasn't posted on the forum since being exposed.
I seriously doubt we will hear from him ever again.

katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am so glad that I read threads from start to current. That was entertaining. I know dark is a little rough around the edges but in all the reading I have done here and other forums to include clubgp involving dark, he seams right 99% of the time. Dark's comments on the slip led to me to a little research. Good find on that time slip AkursedX. You beat me to it. I have been browsing myself as a shot in the dark. (no pun intended)
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2010 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems like this thread needs updated recently....... There is apparently a NEW member of the TEN second group in our midst...... way to go Dark... peace

Pete
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2010 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
13.089@103.75

100+ degree Texas night @ a canned 3.25 tune

3800 S/C, Stock 4T65E-HD, 3.1 pulley, IC, VS cam, 1/2 109 race gas + 1/2 93 pump gas.

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 08-14-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2010 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Updated

PS: looks like someone will be breaking into the 12's this fall.
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2010 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ran a 13.886 at 96.58 mph with a 3900 4t65e. Can't get pip to work on my new computer but would email it to someone.
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2010 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can email the files to me and I'll post them for you.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2010 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How come DH is not listed in the 10 sec group?

When I get the 12 sec slip should I EDIT my old post or add a new one?
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2010 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

How come DH is not listed in the 10 sec group?

When I get the 12 sec slip should I EDIT my old post or add a new one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW6fxDyyn0M
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2010 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are Joshua Riedl's photos of his timeslip:

Unfortunately, they're barely legible. I tried digital enhancement, but it didn't do much good.

Also, DH's time has been updated. Congrats for getting into the 10's! Cool video, too.

Edit to add: Nosrac, it might be a better idea to make a new post with your new time, so it gets my attention.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 08-23-2010).]

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2010 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As ashamed as I am for the time vs my setup, you can update the modlist to: ST2 cam / built trans / slicks / T67 turbo / C16 race gas.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

As ashamed as I am for the time vs my setup, you can update the modlist to: ST2 cam / built trans / slicks / T67 turbo / C16 race gas.

For your next mod, Just take it to the car wash, and that should put you in the 9's.....LOL....ROTFL
joesfiero

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sooo glad I checked up on this thread, EPIC!

my engine is getting ready to be put back into the car when I get a chance.

stock L67 block and heads
NIC cam
LS6 springs
custom headers, true dual exhaust
Getrag 5 spd
N* TB
Gen V
42 lb injectors
I will be tuning it with my powrtuner
2.8/3.2/3.4 pulleys

Anyway, think I can get into the 11s if my trans holds together?

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope, you will have to try to break your trans to get into the 11's.

It took me a 100shot of nitrous to get down to 11.97@120, picked up 6 tenths and 10mph, but you do have a few more mods than I did. I don't think its enough to pick up 100hp though. I hope you are going to use slicks or a soft compound drag radial or your trans will for sure explode. Wheel hop is no joke.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 5spd spec5
11.53@126.7

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 08-24-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
joesfiero

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well than maybe a 50 or 75 shot should do the trick. I will be running some nice soft tires if I ever do take it to the track. I probably will only run it a handful of times because its supposed to be a driver so I dont need to be down from breaking a trans on a hard launch.

-Joe
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Justin is underestimating what that cam can give in a manual setup I think. If you can rev to the moon and still shift it fast, you might have a chance of getting a really low 12 out of it.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by joesfiero:

Sooo glad I checked up on this thread, EPIC!

my engine is getting ready to be put back into the car when I get a chance.

I will be tuning it with my powrtuner
2.8/3.2/3.4 pulleys

Anyway, think I can get into the 11s if my trans holds together?

11 are my goal too and I just received my powrtuner. However, I am still waiting on access privilages from the Forum so I can get the software and start scanning. How long before they hook me up? I also have an Auto so i am NOT too worried about breaking my trans with my current power level. I Hope to be running 11's in about a Month or so just need to knock off 1.1 seconds.

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 08-24-2010).]

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2010 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac: For your next mod, Just take it to the car wash, and that should put you in the 9's.....LOL....ROTFL

BWAHAHAHA!!!

On a side note, I'm hoping to break into the 14's with my new 3.4 V6. But watching you guys screaming down the track almost makes that seem pointless.
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 03:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a few tenths quicker. I broke BOTH axles on the next pass. Opps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I43FosMSEl0
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Both axles, without a LSD..... I think you just put that engineered LSD guy out of business.
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt: I got a few tenths quicker. I broke BOTH axles on the next pass. Opps.

I'm a little surprised that you're breaking axles, and not the transmission. Have you done anything special to that Getrag?

BTW, that's a really nice video... puts my video camera to shame.
Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I break axles every time out to the track. This time, the outer sheared off the driver side and the inner CV cup popped on the pass side. Transmission is just as it came out of the junkyard.

Here is an in car video from yesterday... This is on low boost, leaving off idle, just trying to get the fueling dialed in for 3rd, 4th, and 5th gears. This camera died before I could get any of the faster runs in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocsiO-lc-tg

[This message has been edited by Jncomutt (edited 09-09-2010).]

AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

I'm a little surprised that you're breaking axles, and not the transmission. Have you done anything special to that Getrag?

BTW, that's a really nice video... puts my video camera to shame.

He runs an F23 Getrag transmission.

------------------
'88 GT- 3800 Turbo 11.367@121.03mph
gmtuners.com -Build info

Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guess the secret is out?
PFF
System Bot
AkursedX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

Guess the secret is out?

I thought you've posted about that a long time ago.....

What car were you running against in that in-car run? Looks like an Evo?

Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Only on the other site, its actually been under wraps here. Not that it matters anymore, my auto is ready to go in. I beat the piss out of that thing and can only break axles, even when I tried to do trans damage. Luck or strength?

That other car was an evo. He came over to me afterwards asking if I did "that v8 kit with some spray". He said I came past him on the back half like I just flipped on another 150hp. lol.
AkursedX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Only on the other site, its actually been under wraps here. Not that it matters anymore, my auto is ready to go in. I beat the piss out of that thing and can only break axles, even when I tried to do trans damage. Luck or strength?

That other car was an evo. He came over to me afterwards asking if I did "that v8 kit with some spray". He said I came past him on the back half like I just flipped on another 150hp. lol.

Hehe, yeah it looks like you pulled him pretty hard on the top end judging by how quickly you were reeling him in.

I'm kinda bummed that you're going auto, but at the same time, I'll be excited to see what kind of numbers you can get with a solid launch. Your manual trans has held up quite well considering the abuse.
lildevil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SO JEALOUS! Not only of the times and mph but that you get to race on the Z-Max! What size turbo and cam are you using?
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2010 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What kind of mods are needed to run the F23 getrag? Did you need to fabricate something for the shift linkages?
Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2010 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure, I've been repeatedly told it doesn't bolt up... Something about the 02 cavalier bellhousing or something..
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1/4 ET = 12.259@109.11
3800SC, S2 intercooler, 2.8" pulley, 42.5lb's, N* TB, Pacesetters headers, VS Cam, DHP Powrtuners, 4T65E-HD, Street Radials(Hancook Ventus V12)

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

So I beat a (Z06) Vette by about 3 car lengths but the Vett posted a faster time......WTF....
He was comming on like gangbusters towards the end but I still crossed the line first.
I was grinnin ear to ear when I though I ran a 12.03 but when I looked closer my timeslip I had the slower time although I tottally PWNED the Vett. You know he asked the typical "what kind of engine do you have in there" question and I respond....It just a "Grand prix 3800 SC V6." But I conviently leave out the "Heavily Modded part"

The Vette did have a bad start because of a late reaction time but still....
I should have his traps and 1/4 time since I did win by 3 car lengths. oh well, I DID win. and I guess that is what REALLY matters.
I WILL be in the 11's with some Race gas and more timing in the upper RPM's and I don't even need Drag Radials to do it either...LOL
My 1/4 traps are way too slow but can be fixed really easy with my DHP powrtuner.

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 10-09-2010).]

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NICE!
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

1/4 ET = 12.259@109.11
3800SC, S2 intercooler, 2.8" pulley, 42.5lb's, N* TB, Pacesetters headers, VS Cam, DHP Powrtuners, 4T65E-HD, Street Radials(Hancook Ventus V12)

So I beat a (Z06) Vette by about 3 car lengths but the Vett posted a faster time......WTF....
He was comming on like gangbusters towards the end but I still crossed the line first.
He did have a bad start because of a late reaction time but still.... I should have his traps and 1/4 time since I did win by 3 car lengths. oh well, I DID win. and I guess that is what REALLY matters.
I WILL be in the 11's with some Race gas and more timing in the upper RPM's and I don't even need Drag Radials to do it either...LOL
My 1/4 traps are way too slow but can be fixed really easy with my DHP powrtuner.

Hey you should come down to Houston and have my guy help you out with your tuning. He's on ZZP's website as a preferred installer and he has a shop that specializes in 3800's. Your car should be able to hit the 11's with a really good tune I would think. Let me know and I'll forward his info to you, or actually just contact him on here, his name in Tengis.

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 10-09-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock