Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  "In Memoriam: Fiero Members" for those we've lost. (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
"In Memoriam: Fiero Members" for those we've lost. by madcurl
Started on: 12-31-2006 04:44 PM
Replies: 316 (22682 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 04-24-2024 07:21 PM
Fierochic88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2022 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rest in peace Ron Christian. https://www.dennisonfuneral...RMhwAYt1p7c7dw37LdJg

Ron was a character that many of us got the opportunity to know in Facebook communities and in person these past few years. I am not sure if he had a presence here.

~ Jen
IP: Logged
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2022 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I read a few weeks ago, on one of the Farcebook Fiero groups, that Ed Parks - former owner of the Fiero Factory - passed away a couple of months ago.
I believe that Rosy is still in Alabama.

There were no details provided, and I haven't heard anything else.

One of the legends of the industry. RIP.

If anyone has any contact with Rosy, please send our regards.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 07-11-2022).]

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2022 04:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I read a few weeks ago, on one of the Farcebook Fiero groups, that Ed Parks - former owner of the Fiero Factory - passed away a couple of months ago.

I met Ed in Florida and several times in NJ and Al and found him to be a nice guy. When he visited NJ to add to his vast collection he even drove my Turbo GT. We lost touch when he sold the Fiero Factory and retired supposedly to an RV on the lake somewhere. I am sorry to hear that he has left us. I would guess that he was in his late seventies

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2022 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And again...
I just discovered that Francis Truglio (creator of the Trueleo intakes and headers) passed in September of 2020.
I was FB friends with him and happened to stumble across his page, yesterday. Posted by his son.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2022 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And again...
I just discovered that Francis Truglio (creator of the Trueleo intakes and headers) passed in September of 2020.
I was FB friends with him and happened to stumble across his page, yesterday. Posted by his son.

I was just thinking about his products the other day. This is sad
Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2022 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The motor and harness in my current ride came out of an Ed Parks car.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2022 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Francis Truglio's intakes and headers were a welcome addition to the Fiero community back when they were developed and released. It's therefore surprising, and rather a shame, that it took two full years for any of us to learn of his passing. Raydar, thanks for letting us know.
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2022 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could you forward or provide a link to the facebook page. I last saw Francis in 2018 and he was struggling with multiple health issues. He had to step away from Fiero related projects because of the blood thinners he was on. He had just published a novel and had also built a number of RC large scale battleships. He was a true gentleman and one of the most creative individuals I've ever met.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2022 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

Could you forward or provide a link to the facebook page.

Here it is.
https://www.facebook.com/francis.truglio

Not any real additional info, since Tracy's (his daughter?) announcement.
==================================

Edit - Okay... I found myself clicking on the thread heading, since it was "highlighted" in the topic list.
Of course, once I did that, I had to scroll through the thread again. There's an amazing number of people who have gone before us. Makes me appreciate just how fragile life can be.
(It also made me realize how crummy FB can be, at providing "current" info, regarding people you may want to hear from, or keep up with.
If you're on FB, check in with your friends from time to time.)

Y'all stay healthy, and stay safe.
Peace.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 09-10-2022).]

steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2022 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you. A couple of pictures of his turbo 2.8 that he was very proud of.

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2022 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After we moved to VA I had always hoped we could connect but he had some health struggles that pushed it back. So sad to hear this.

~ Jen
PFF
System Bot
007DOUG

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2022 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 007DOUGSend a Private Message to 007DOUGEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jim Sutter of IRM (International Research Motorsports) in November 2021.

He and wife Barbara (passed in July 2021) were THE source for Fiero modifications in 80s & 90s (pre-internet days). Chin spoilers, whale tail wings, wrap around wings, Intergrated Rockers, Indy roof scoop, IMSA widebody kits, turbo kits, suspension kits, apparel, etc etc etc

https://www.legacy.com/us/o...obituary?id=31861971

[This message has been edited by 007DOUG (edited 09-12-2022).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2022 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
heybjorn

James Michael Thompson, born October 16, 1952, passed away September 11, 2021. He was preceded in death by his father, James, and brother-in-law, Steve Smith. He is survived by his mother, Minnie Thompson, and siblings, John Thompson (Bess), Fred Thompson (Denetta), and Richard Thompson, and Jane Smith. He is also survived by his wife, Linda Thompson, children Brad Thompson (Mary), Kevin Thompson, Stephen Thompson, David Thompson, and Kimberly Gorhan, and his grandchildren Laura, Phillip, Seth, Natalie, Levi, Sawyer, and Hudson.
Mike loved to make people laugh. He enjoyed playing the guitar. He also loved to delight others with his cakes and pies.

Was wondering why I had not heard from him in a while. Mike was a good natured person, even when life was hard he took it in stride. I remember when he lost his drivers license and was hopeful that the medication would do the trick. Sadly it did not and he lost his license to drive.
But he did ok, he had his family and his love of Guitars and pie.

It saddens me to post this, it saddens me even more that I missed my friend for over a year and never took a minute until now.

RIP Mike, save some pie for the rest of us.

https://www.youtube.com/@heybjorn/videos
https://www.facebook.com/mike.thompson.75641297

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2022 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

heybjorn

First heard (and commented on) Mike's passing in This thread. Very sorry to hear the news.

Mike was one of the nicest guys ever on this forum. RIP sir.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2022 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

First heard (and commented on) Mike's passing in This thread. Very sorry to hear the news.

Mike was one of the nicest guys ever on this forum. RIP sir.

News to me as well. Thanks for sharing.
Rest in peace, man.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 12-02-2022).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2022 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

heybjorn

ugh.

heybjorn, you made me laugh, and you made me listen. to some music and some other stuff.... RIP buddy.

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2023 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reading this post is very sad for myself as I knew many of the people who passed on. Having lost my first wife about 20 years back when my children were in their teens I will simply say that it must happen . Life has an expiration date for all of us.
Just found out from Villain that Jim (JW) Cleary of St Peterburg, Fla, left us a few months ago. He ran a shop called FieroMotive. I did some business with him. He was a nice guy and treated me fairly. I bought one of the last C4 Taillight panels that he had him and I think of him when I look at my Fiero.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2023 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So sad to read this thread, so many people I remember over the past 20+ years on here... when I joined... when I was basically just a kid.

I see that Ed Parks died too... so disappointing, and sad that I'm only now finding out only 2 years later.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2023 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

So sad to read this thread, so many people I remember over the past 20+ years on here... when I joined... when I was basically just a kid.

I see that Ed Parks died too... so disappointing, and sad that I'm only now finding out only 2 years later.

This is the 24th year of this forum. Many of us were here from the beginning and joined when we were in our 20's and 30's. In that crowd there are now many middle age and senior Fiero owners. The good news is that the Fiero hobby still seems to attract the youth and at Carlisle there are many.
We cannot halt the life cycle, but pay tribute to those we have lost and take joy and appreciate the living Fiero community as we do here. .

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2023 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

This is the 24th year of this forum. Many of us were here from the beginning and joined when we were in our 20's and 30's. In that crowd there are now many middle age and senior Fiero owners. The good news is that the Fiero hobby still seems to attract the youth and at Carlisle there are many.
We cannot halt the life cycle, but pay tribute to those we have lost and take joy and appreciate the living Fiero community as we do here. .

So true!

I was 18 when I got my Fiero in 1996, and the first thing I joined was Peter Zurich's Yahoo mailing list. I came on here fairly early-on, at least a year or two earlier than my join date, but I lost the account name and password. I actually had two accounts, one at work, and one at home... hahah... but I've long since forgotten the one at home. But yeah, I was definitely in my early 20s. I'm 45 now... and it's crazy to me how time has flown.
Midwest Fiero Clubs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2023 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Midwest Fiero ClubsClick Here to visit Midwest Fiero Clubs's HomePageSend a Private Message to Midwest Fiero ClubsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please share this throughout the Fiero community. A memorial tribute is being developed to our Fiero friends that have passed on - this can be those who have passed more recently or those who have been gone many years. This tribute will be available for viewing at the 40th Anniversary Show and online as well. We invite you to share with us anyone who has ever been involved in the Fiero world and enjoyed their car as they deserve to be remembered.

When submitting photos consider those both recent and from many years ago. For more information and to submit a tribute, please contact Jennifer Lindsey Green at jennifer@midamericafieros.com
(Please submit by July 1st to be included at the 40th Anniversary Which is July 12-16th 2023.)

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2024 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Copied over from Here

Originally posted by aqua-man:

I hope this is in the correct topic to put this in. Our dear friend Spoon (Charles Witherspoon) has passed and went to meet his beloved in heaven. I have not been posting for the last number of years because of business and just life but Charlie has relied on this and many sites to get information to build his 1986 SE 3800 supercharged Fiero with power steering and many other mods. I acquired his Fiero a few days ago and it will be cherished along with my 1986 GT 4.9. I also acquired a number of parts along with the car that I am considering on selling and will post later.

Earl Rissel
erissel@verizon.net

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2024 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36403 posts
Member since Apr 99

Originally posted by Spoon Here:

I don't mind how many forums and sub-forums there are here, this has got to be the best source of Fiero info out there IMO. Areas that I have no interest in I stay out of for the most part.

I'm ol school and remember when there was no internet forums and a car collector could spend his entire lifetime hunting for a fender emblem or a hood ornament for a 49 Nash.

Pennocks Fiero Forum is a god-send. It's the link that keeps us together and its available 24/7 at no cost to us.

The thought of seeing "Page Not Found" one day would be a terrible loss.

And it's a terrible loss each and every time a valued PFF member drives off into the eternal sunset.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2024 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet Here:

I have some bad news- Rusty (rinselberg) has passed.

He was president of the Golden Gate Fiero club......did a very good job as president....quiet man.

He did not participate in the GGF Zoom meeting in March which set off warning bells.....Someone did get the police to do a wellness check but did not enter his unit. Today I drove down to Sunnyvale and asked a few neighbors......the third one told me that they decided two weeks ago to do a serious wellness-check and had the property manager open the unit- and they found him deceased- had been for a while.

I know some on here disagreed with some of his views- but he was a very nice man- always considerate of others and just a very good man.

R.I.P. Rusty

This is terribly sad news. Rinselberg was a very active participant in O/T and P&R discussion. I always admired the fact that he was so steadfast in his beliefs, even though he often faced biting criticism from a small core of forum members.

It's always disappointing to never be able to properly say good-bye. Safe journeys, my friend.
Kitskaboodle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2024 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In person Rusty was all of these three things: quiet, shy but always courteous. I too was shocked by the news. He was way too young. Ironically, Rusty and I both (at different times) held the same job: President of GGF.
Kit
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2024 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry to hear this. I send my condolences to all who knew him. He was obviously highly regarded.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2024 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RIP Rusty.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2024 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is sad news indeed. Rinselberg was one of the most tenacious people I've ever met on the internet. His enthusiasm for a variety of subjects will be missed.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2024 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't been reading the forum regularly, but today I logged in to see if I needed to announce this sad news. Eric (cvxjet) has it covered. Rusty's sudden passing has us all saddened. RIP, Rusty.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2024 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rest in peace Rusty... you will absolutely be missed, both here on Pennocks, and with your friends and colleagues.
MarkS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2024 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkSSend a Private Message to MarkSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RIP Rusty. It is so sad he was gone for awhile and no one knew.
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2024 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very sad news all around.

RIP rinse!
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2024 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MarkS:
RIP Rusty. It is so sad he was gone for awhile and no one knew.

I thought the same thing but did not feel right mentioning it. At least we noticed it and checked on him.

What's sad is that he did not know how well we thought of him, .
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2024 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

I thought the same thing but did not feel right mentioning it. At least we noticed it and checked on him.

What's sad is that he did not know how well we thought of him, .

I think much to his dismay (for me being right), he likely now DOES know how much we think of him.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2024 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Todd, I sure hope so. Many artists did not become renowned till after they died.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2024 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know this thread is a reminder that life is fleeting, just makes me think it's a good time right now to say - Hey anybody here who just wants to talk my inbox is open. I know I've been MIA for a while but I'm here in spirit and I care about you guys.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2024 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

You know this thread is a reminder that life is fleeting, just makes me think it's a good time right now to say - Hey anybody here who just wants to talk my inbox is open. I know I've been MIA for a while but I'm here in spirit and I care about you guys.

I was thinking, ... it may be time to reach out and let people know you are glad they are here. Before we can not.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 04-24-2024).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock