Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  "In Memoriam: Fiero Members" for those we've lost. (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
"In Memoriam: Fiero Members" for those we've lost. by madcurl
Started on: 12-31-2006 04:44 PM
Replies: 316 (22684 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 04-24-2024 07:21 PM
G-Man

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2021 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G-ManSend a Private Message to G-ManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My turn to update this thread (Unfortunately). Ethan Allen (yourfriendethan) passed away on July 27th. His wife said he was working under his Fiero and it somehow ended up falling and crushing him underneath. She did not discover him for a bit but the coroner said it wouldn't have mattered.

I had just met Ethan at the meet-n-greet we had on July 17th. He was a good guy and I was looking forward hanging with him at other events.

Gary
IP: Logged
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2021 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by G-Man:

My turn to update this thread (Unfortunately). Ethan Allen (yourfriendethan) passed away on July 27th. His wife said he was working under his Fiero and it somehow ended up falling and crushing him underneath. She did not discover him for a bit but the coroner said it wouldn't have mattered.

I had just met Ethan at the meet-n-greet we had on July 17th. He was a good guy and I was looking forward hanging with him at other events.

Gary

That's sad. I was glancing at his Indiana thread and he was so happy to meet up with you guys a couple weeks ago and also looked forward to future events. My condolences to his family

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 07-31-2021).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2021 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My turn to update this thread (Unfortunately). Ethan Allen (yourfriendethan) passed away on July 27th. His wife said he was working under his Fiero and it somehow ended up falling and crushing him underneath.

Oh man, that's awful. I had posted a few times in the one thread he had an opportunity to start... Finally got a Fiero!

We had shared a laugh about mixing up the terminology for "front" and "rear" exhaust manifolds. Ethan seemed like a good guy. What a crying shame.

My most sincere condolences to Ethan's friends and family.
Fiero Vice

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-31-2021 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gary

That's terrible. Out of respect & for education purpose, is there any more details on how his Fiero was jacked up?

Even though, there is a picture in those manual books on how to set it up, it's still confusing for a lot of people, including me.

And I see people still setting it up wrong from pics or on youtube all the time.

To honor his memory, we should have a thread to educate all of us on safety & how to set up jack stands properly.

I see there are few threads, but it weren't very clear. So, I'll go ahead & set up a thread in his honor & memory.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 08-01-2021).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2021 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Vice:

To honor his memory, we should have a thread to educate all of us on safety & how to set up jack stands properly if there isn't one.

That would be a great idea.

I've been a member of this forum almost since day one. Twenty-two years. This has got to be one of, if not the saddest event I've ever seen posted here.
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2021 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the loss. I guess words just can't fix what happened.
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2021 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is absolutely terrible news... Safety is paramount when working on cars, and jacking up a Fiero is very unique. May he rest in peace.

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

coolink13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2021 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coolink13Send a Private Message to coolink13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am saddened to read this news. He probably thought it was safe. Things happen sometimes. My condolences
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2021 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow. So heartbreaking. I had recently seen a few of his posts on FB with the car and how elated he was to have it. If you find out of specific needs his family has that the community can assist with, please let us know.

~ Jen
G-Man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2021 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G-ManSend a Private Message to G-ManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's the obit for him: https://www.simplicity-fune...aries/Ethan-Allen-2/ I did see a note about contributing to an education fund for his kids but didn't look into that too much.

I don't have any particulars on how he had the car supported. He was talking about needing/wanting to build a garage to work in later this year or next so I suspect he was working in his driveway?

His wife said she will not be keeping the car so once she gets past the initial grief, she's going to reach out to me to put it up for sale in the Mall.

Gary
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2021 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very sad indeed, that obituary brought tears to my eyes. The idea to get a how too lift and secure a Fiero safely would be great. These cars are seeing a uptick in popularity and would help towards the safety of all the newcomers.
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2021 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was saddened and shocked to learn that Ethan, a 38 yr old forum member and Fiero owner was killed in a tragic accident. While I did not know Ethan anyone with a screen name yourfriendethan, speaks loudly for the type of person he was. Reading his obituary; this was undoubtedly a good and decent family man that we lost. Rest in peace with Christ from a friend you never met.
Rexgirl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2021 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RexgirlSend a Private Message to RexgirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wayne was only on here briefly, but he was passionate about cars, as most of us are.

https://www.maxsass.com/obi...300456#/obituaryInfo

He posted under two names, the last being Karrnutt, and he was the man I trusted with the future care my Mera, something I would only do with only a very few people. Like the members here.
While he and I have a different style, he was truly a good man.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2021 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rexgirl:

Wayne was only on here briefly, but he was passionate about cars, as most of us are.

He posted under two names, the last being Karrnutt, and he was the man I trusted with the future care my Mera, something I would only do with only a very few people. Like the members here.

I am so incredibly sad to hear that Wayne has passed. Last time I received an update, I knew he was nearing the end. I know that Mera meant the world to him so I'm glad to hear you were able to make it happen.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2021 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rexgirl:

Artist, Writer, TV-Personality, Teacher, Motorcycle Test Rider, Designer/Builder, Local Activist, Steward of Clover Glen Farm, Lung Transplant Recipient, Husband, Father, Grandfather, and Friend Wayne Wm. Peterson was all these things, and much more. In a life that spanned 70 years he was able to cram two lifetimes of living, into one. Steadfast in his belief that, "you can achieve anything, with the right amount of tool's, time, and talent...
fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2021 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Melanie Nadeau called me last week but asked me to hold off until she contacted me again. Steve Nadeau, aka 84fiero123 passed on August 24. He had suffered several strokes after I had visited with them on June 27. He had requested to go to hospice and passed 5 days later. Melanie was with him at the time.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2021 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Melanie Nadeau called me last week but asked me to hold off until she contacted me again. Steve Nadeau, aka 84fiero123 passed on August 24. He had suffered several strokes after I had visited with them on June 27. He had requested to go to hospice and passed 5 days later. Melanie was with him at the time.

That's sad news. He was a good guy to chat with.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2021 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prayers for the families of those we have lost.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2021 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Steve Nadeau, aka 84fiero123 passed on August 24.

Very sorry to hear this. Steve was quite a character. I interacted with him innumerous times over the years in O/T.

My condolences to Steve's friends and family.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2021 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, my. I am so sorry to hear about Steve. He was one of my favorite members on here.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2021 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow... Very sad to hear. I've met Steve once back in 2007 in Pittsburgh. One of the nicer guys I've met. I was so impressed he drove all the way to Pittsburgh in his camper just to meet me. Rest in peace, Steve...
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2021 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sad to hear, I'm glad he was with his loved one when his time came.

RIP
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2021 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Steve Nadeau, aka 84fiero123 passed on August 24.

Sad news,
I enjoyed our interactions over the years.
Helped him out with a hard drive recovery once, he offered me a puppy as payment. (should have taken him up on that...)
R.I.P, buddy.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2021 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am sorry to hear this. Never met him in person but argued with him many time on PFF. I would definitely have sat down with him over a great dinner, on me. Just because we disagree does not mean we can't get along.
My condolences to his family and closest friends.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2021 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sadly, I need to bump this thread again.
I just learned that Bob Goodwin, better known to most of us as "legutt" passed, about a year ago, almost a month after his 80th birthday.
He was a Facebook friend, and I hadn't heard from him for a while, which is sort of normal considering how Facebook works. Anyway, I started looking a little further.

Link to obit

Robert Leon "Bob" Goodwin, age 80, of Jonesboro, passed from this life on Friday, October 16, 2020, at St. Bernards Medical Center in Jonesboro.

Born in Detroit, Michigan, Bob grew up and graduated Hazel Park High School there. Bob was a swimmer on the varsity swim team and played the drums in the marching band. Following high school, Bob served an enlistment in the U.S. Coast Guard and following his military service began an electrician's apprenticeship. Bob completed his certification and served as an industrial master electrician, as foreman, for Chrysler Motor Company in Detroit from 1960-1978. In 1978 he and his wife, Ruth, moved to Arkansas where he operated an industrial and agricultural electric contracting company which he operated until retirment.

Bob was a member of Central Baptist Church where he was a member of the Agape Sunday school class. While living in Detroit he and Ruth were active with Calvary Baptist Church in their church youth group and often led bicycle trips on excursions reaching into Canada, hosting bible studies and gatherings in their home, and taking seniors each year on a trip to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Bob enjoyed building and driving vehicles with speed including racecars, boats and go carts. He once had the opportunity to race against Paul Newman, and he beat him to the finish line. He was a talented photographer and utilized his own darkroom to develop his film. He enjoyed going on hunting trips and although he did like to hunt, he often spent time serving as the camp cook which was another hobby and talent. Bob and Ruth opened and operated The Windows restaurant in Jonesboro for a period of time, and in 1989 Bob and his dear high school friend, Paul went on a multi-week mission trip to Papua New Guinea. During this trip Bob was also able to experience, in person, WWII history, which was one of his passions. Bob also loved traveling with Ruth. Their favorite places were Paris and North Carolina, but Bob just loved a long drive anywhere, especially with a friend or loved one.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 10-20-2021).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2021 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I talked with Bob many times regarding Super Duty engines, of which he seemed to have a good collection of engines and engine parts, including 1 race car with an SD4. He was always a pleasure to talk with. Always willing to help. RIP, Bob.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2021 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So sorry to hear this. He sounded like a neat guy.
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2021 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is with a heavy heart that I post Dave McClung ( bmwguru ) and his wife Josephine lost their son Evan on Oct 19 2021, he was 22.

His announcement https://www.facebook.com/da...ts/10225917128531481

My deepest condolences to Dave and your family.
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2021 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

It is with a heavy heart that I post Dave McClung ( bmwguru ) and his wife Josephine lost their son Evan on Oct 19 2021, he was 22.

His announcement https://www.facebook.com/da...ts/10225917128531481

My deepest condolences to Dave and your family.

Dave and Joey are two of the nicest people I've ever met. No parent should ever have to bury their child. Sad sad news.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2021 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

Dave and Joey are two of the nicest people I've ever met. No parent should ever have to bury their child. Sad sad news.

I am saddened to hear that Dave and Josephine lost their son Evan at such a young age. R.I.P. Evan. My sincerest condolences and prayers go out to the McClung family for their tragic loss. They are nice people and at one time were very active in the Fiero community.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2021 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, this is bad news.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2022 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another good one gone. 😞

R.I.P. FieroJess.

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2022 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Another good one gone. 😞

R.I.P. FieroJess.

How did this happen, do you know?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2022 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Some type of illness (not covid). Maybe some of the west coast guys can chime in ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-30-2022).]

87_FieroGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2022 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87_FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Some type of illness (not covid). Maybe some of the west coast guys can chime in ?

Sadly, it's true. Our good friend Jess Roque passed away from cancer on Jan. 24th. He was a fun, hilariously funny, and kind guy. He would treat you like a good friend minutes after meeting you. He'll be missed greatly.

------------------

1988 Pontiac Fiero GT, Black w/Beechwood interior
Featured in the 2018 Fiero Store calendar month of May
2017 Subaru Crosstrek Premium

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2022 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bob Holtz passed 2/9/22. Bob was originally from Michigan retired a couple of years ago and relocated to Florida with his Fieros and got into Mini Coopers.
GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2022 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

Bob Holtz passed 2/9/22. Bob was originally from Michigan retired a couple of years ago and relocated to Florida with his Fieros and got into Mini Coopers.

So sorry to hear this. Carol & I had a long conversation with Bob about retirement at the 35th. Previously had talked to him at Fierorama. He was driving his Mustang at the time instead of his nice Fiero!
mafv8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2022 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mafv8Send a Private Message to mafv8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So sad to hear this, I attended multiple shows here is Michigan with Bob, I remember him pushing my Fiero with a couple of others at a show when I was having battery problems, we got it started and I drove home, thanks Bob.

------------------
84SE, aero body, 4 speed and an injected 355 V8

[This message has been edited by mafv8 (edited 02-14-2022).]

copperhens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2022 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

6-29-19. Me, Paula, Bob and Brian. Bob was a great friend to me and I went to several shows with him in Michigan and Illinois. I’ll never forget when I got to drive his Fiero. He was so young
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2022 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My gosh! I didn't know this. Hadn't heard a word from anyone about his passing.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock