Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  "In Memoriam: Fiero Members" for those we've lost. (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
"In Memoriam: Fiero Members" for those we've lost. by madcurl
Started on: 12-31-2006 04:44 PM
Replies: 263 (18653 views)
Last post by: Rickady88GT on 09-15-2021 11:10 PM
G-Man

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2021 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G-ManSend a Private Message to G-ManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My turn to update this thread (Unfortunately). Ethan Allen (yourfriendethan) passed away on July 27th. His wife said he was working under his Fiero and it somehow ended up falling and crushing him underneath. She did not discover him for a bit but the coroner said it wouldn't have mattered.

I had just met Ethan at the meet-n-greet we had on July 17th. He was a good guy and I was looking forward hanging with him at other events.

Gary
IP: Logged
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2021 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTClick Here to Email IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by G-Man:

My turn to update this thread (Unfortunately). Ethan Allen (yourfriendethan) passed away on July 27th. His wife said he was working under his Fiero and it somehow ended up falling and crushing him underneath. She did not discover him for a bit but the coroner said it wouldn't have mattered.

I had just met Ethan at the meet-n-greet we had on July 17th. He was a good guy and I was looking forward hanging with him at other events.

Gary

That's sad. I was glancing at his Indiana thread and he was so happy to meet up with you guys a couple weeks ago and also looked forward to future events. My condolences to his family

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 07-31-2021).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 446
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2021 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickClick Here to Email PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My turn to update this thread (Unfortunately). Ethan Allen (yourfriendethan) passed away on July 27th. His wife said he was working under his Fiero and it somehow ended up falling and crushing him underneath.

Oh man, that's awful. I had posted a few times in the one thread he had an opportunity to start... Finally got a Fiero!

We had shared a laugh about mixing up the terminology for "front" and "rear" exhaust manifolds. Ethan seemed like a good guy. What a crying shame.

My most sincere condolences to Ethan's friends and family.
Fiero Vice

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2021 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gary

That's terrible. Out of respect & for education purpose, is there any more details on how his Fiero was jacked up?

Even though, there is a picture in those manual books on how to set it up, it's still confusing for a lot of people, including me.

And I see people still setting it up wrong from pics or on youtube all the time.

To honor his memory, we should have a thread to educate all of us on safety & how to set up jack stands properly.

I see there are few threads, but it weren't very clear. So, I'll go ahead & set up a thread in his honor & memory.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 08-01-2021).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2021 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickClick Here to Email PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Vice:

To honor his memory, we should have a thread to educate all of us on safety & how to set up jack stands properly if there isn't one.

That would be a great idea.

I've been a member of this forum almost since day one. Twenty-two years. This has got to be one of, if not the saddest event I've ever seen posted here.
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 201
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2021 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTClick Here to Email Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the loss. I guess words just can't fix what happened.
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2021 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Click Here to Email Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is absolutely terrible news... Safety is paramount when working on cars, and jacking up a Fiero is very unique. May he rest in peace.

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

coolink13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2021 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coolink13Click Here to Email coolink13Send a Private Message to coolink13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am saddened to read this news. He probably thought it was safe. Things happen sometimes. My condolences
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 152
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2021 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Click Here to Email Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow. So heartbreaking. I had recently seen a few of his posts on FB with the car and how elated he was to have it. If you find out of specific needs his family has that the community can assist with, please let us know.

~ Jen
G-Man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2021 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G-ManSend a Private Message to G-ManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's the obit for him: https://www.simplicity-fune...aries/Ethan-Allen-2/ I did see a note about contributing to an education fund for his kids but didn't look into that too much.

I don't have any particulars on how he had the car supported. He was talking about needing/wanting to build a garage to work in later this year or next so I suspect he was working in his driveway?

His wife said she will not be keeping the car so once she gets past the initial grief, she's going to reach out to me to put it up for sale in the Mall.

Gary
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2021 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very sad indeed, that obituary brought tears to my eyes. The idea to get a how too lift and secure a Fiero safely would be great. These cars are seeing a uptick in popularity and would help towards the safety of all the newcomers.
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 324
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2021 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaClick Here to Email Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was saddened and shocked to learn that Ethan, a 38 yr old forum member and Fiero owner was killed in a tragic accident. While I did not know Ethan anyone with a screen name yourfriendethan, speaks loudly for the type of person he was. Reading his obituary; this was undoubtedly a good and decent family man that we lost. Rest in peace with Christ from a friend you never met.
Rexgirl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2021 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RexgirlSend a Private Message to RexgirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wayne was only on here briefly, but he was passionate about cars, as most of us are.

https://www.maxsass.com/obi...300456#/obituaryInfo

He posted under two names, the last being Karrnutt, and he was the man I trusted with the future care my Mera, something I would only do with only a very few people. Like the members here.
While he and I have a different style, he was truly a good man.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2021 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Click Here to Email Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rexgirl:

Wayne was only on here briefly, but he was passionate about cars, as most of us are.

He posted under two names, the last being Karrnutt, and he was the man I trusted with the future care my Mera, something I would only do with only a very few people. Like the members here.

I am so incredibly sad to hear that Wayne has passed. Last time I received an update, I knew he was nearing the end. I know that Mera meant the world to him so I'm glad to hear you were able to make it happen.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2021 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageClick Here to Email TheDigitalAlchemistSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rexgirl:

Artist, Writer, TV-Personality, Teacher, Motorcycle Test Rider, Designer/Builder, Local Activist, Steward of Clover Glen Farm, Lung Transplant Recipient, Husband, Father, Grandfather, and Friend Wayne Wm. Peterson was all these things, and much more. In a life that spanned 70 years he was able to cram two lifetimes of living, into one. Steadfast in his belief that, "you can achieve anything, with the right amount of tool's, time, and talent...
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2021 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageClick Here to Email fierofoolSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Melanie Nadeau called me last week but asked me to hold off until she contacted me again. Steve Nadeau, aka 84fiero123 passed on August 24. He had suffered several strokes after I had visited with them on June 27. He had requested to go to hospice and passed 5 days later. Melanie was with him at the time.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2021 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTClick Here to Email IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Melanie Nadeau called me last week but asked me to hold off until she contacted me again. Steve Nadeau, aka 84fiero123 passed on August 24. He had suffered several strokes after I had visited with them on June 27. He had requested to go to hospice and passed 5 days later. Melanie was with him at the time.

That's sad news. He was a good guy to chat with.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2021 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prayers for the families of those we have lost.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2021 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickClick Here to Email PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Steve Nadeau, aka 84fiero123 passed on August 24.

Very sorry to hear this. Steve was quite a character. I interacted with him innumerous times over the years in O/T.

My condolences to Steve's friends and family.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2021 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, my. I am so sorry to hear about Steve. He was one of my favorite members on here.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2021 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageClick Here to Email Cliff PennockSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow... Very sad to hear. I've met Steve once back in 2007 in Pittsburgh. One of the nicer guys I've met. I was so impressed he drove all the way to Pittsburgh in his camper just to meet me. Rest in peace, Steve...
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 195
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2021 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadClick Here to Email olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sad to hear, I'm glad he was with his loved one when his time came.

RIP
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2021 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageClick Here to Email TheDigitalAlchemistSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Steve Nadeau, aka 84fiero123 passed on August 24.

Sad news,
I enjoyed our interactions over the years.
Helped him out with a hard drive recovery once, he offered me a puppy as payment. (should have taken him up on that...)
R.I.P, buddy.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 201
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2021 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTClick Here to Email Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am sorry to hear this. Never met him in person but argued with him many time on PFF. I would definitely have sat down with him over a great dinner, on me. Just because we disagree does not mean we can't get along.
My condolences to his family and closest friends.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock