Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  "In Memoriam: Fiero Members" for those we've lost. (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
"In Memoriam: Fiero Members" for those we've lost. by madcurl
Started on: 12-31-2006 04:44 PM
Replies: 302 (22268 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 03-20-2024 07:07 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2018 03:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting the info regarding BENGAL4's passing away. I too remember his posts here. 60 is just way too young.
IP: Logged

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2018 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prayers for comfort for the friends and family of DRA. aka David Andrews, friends and family of the wife of Fierofool (aka Charlie), and friends and family of BENGAL4.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-14-2018).]

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2018 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Once again, Georgia Fieros has lost a treasured member. GrannyLinda, wife of TopNotch had been hospitalized for more than a week and passed away last night. She was a strong supporter of the Georgia Fiero Club and it's activities. Through the years, she has served as Secretary/Treasurer and a member of the Board of Directors.

Quoting TopNotch on the Georgia Fieros Forum:

Last night my beautiful wife Linda passed away.
She was the bravest woman I knew. She was in constant pain from severe rheumatoid arthritis but never complained. She was loving and kind to all and generous to anyone who needed her help.
She always wanted to be a part of whatever I did, so when I joined this club, she came along too, even though she couldn't have driven a Fiero even if she wanted to. She not only attended nearly every meeting but served as secretary/treasurer much of our time in the club.
And when she saw the yellow T-top Fiero I now drive on eBay, it was she who made the winning bid.
Fierochic88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2018 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So sorry to read this. I also need to share the loss of MAFOA member, Scott Manger. Scott was a longtime Fiero owner and most recently had a beautiful chocolate brown 87GT. His widow, Tiff, is keeping the car and brought it to Carlisle in his memory. She plans to participate in Fiero events moving forward which will help us remember Scott.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2018 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

So sorry to read this. I also need to share the loss of MAFOA member, Scott Manger. Scott was a longtime Fiero owner and most recently had a beautiful chocolate brown 87GT. His widow, Tiff, is keeping the car and brought it to Carlisle in his memory. She plans to participate in Fiero events moving forward which will help us remember Scott.

This is a sad story and my heart goes out the the Manger family but there is something that also brings hope. Didn't know Scott and Tiffany real well but it was great that she showed up in her husbands memory with a Fiero and won an award. The fact that she will remain active in the club is great news. There are other MAFOA members (including myself) that have experienced similar loss and I am certain that MAFOA and the Fiero family of folks will always make her feel welcome and make her membership worthwhile.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

RockDorkette

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2018 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RockDorketteSend a Private Message to RockDorketteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi there. This is Tiffany, Scott Manger's wife. Thank you for the kind words. When I met Scott I hardly knew a thing about fieros. (I still kinda don't lol) I had never even heard of or seen a fastback or mera. It brought me such joy going for cruises with him and watching him talk about his car to people that I felt I had to keep it. I still have a ton to learn since I'm pretty car illiterate in general and I sometimes have a hard time answering fiero questions when I have his car out so I felt I needed to join the club so I could meet new people and network for when I may need assistance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2018 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RockDorkette:

Hi there. This is Tiffany, Scott Manger's wife. Thank you for the kind words. When I met Scott I hardly knew a thing about fieros. (I still kinda don't lol) I had never even heard of or seen a fastback or mera. It brought me such joy going for cruises with him and watching him talk about his car to people that I felt I had to keep it. I still have a ton to learn since I'm pretty car illiterate in general and I sometimes have a hard time answering fiero questions when I have his car out so I felt I needed to join the club so I could meet new people and network for when I may need assistance

Welcome to the forum.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2018 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RockDorkette:
I felt I needed to join the club so I could meet new people and network for when I may need assistance

I am so sorry for you loss. There are certainly many people in your local club I am sure that will help in any way that they can. We that are farther away will be glad to answer any questions that you may have. If there is one thing I have learned since becoming a part of this community, is that you will never find a nicer group of people. I consider quite a few people I have met on here extended family now. If there is ever anything you are uncertain of, just post a new topic here in General chat.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 09-26-2018).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2018 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately we lost another member, "dratts". I had spoken with him many times over the years. Very good guy.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/077111.html

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 09-26-2018).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2018 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Unfortunately we lost another member, "dratts".

Oh man... I'm really sorry to hear that.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2018 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just read the news about dratts. I had no idea he was ill. That is sad.
I liked him. He was always civil and kept an open mind.
RIP
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2018 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My condolences to Dratt's friends and Family.
I only knew him on PFF but he will be missed.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2018 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Unfortunately we lost another member, "dratts". I had spoken with him many times over the years. Very good guy.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/077111.html

Wow! It was only a month ago that he reported to the forum that he had cancer and had to sell his collection. My sincerest condolences to the family for their loss. It sounds like part of his legacy will be the collection of Fieros that he left his family with. The guy was only 72.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2018 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bob Steiger former owner of Twin Lakes Auto in Paxton, Illinois passed away September 27th. Bob was a great Fiero mechanic and worked on all three of my Fieros. Bob had retired several years ago.

Robert (Bob) A. Steiger Sr., 75, of Cissna Park IL.
Passed at home on September 27, 2018 after a battle with cancer.
He was born 2/8/43 Detroit MI., the son of Alfred and Catherine Steiger.
Bob married Jerry Kay McCallister on November 30, 1963 in Detroit, MI.
He was preceded in death by his father, step father, mother and 1 brother.
He is survived by 6 brothers, 3 sisters, his wife Jerry Kay, a son,
Robert A. Steiger Jr. (Molly) of Paxton IL., a Daughter Gayle L. Rix (Ernest)
of Rantoul IL., 4 grandchildren and 9 great grandchildren. Mr. Steiger was
a member of the United Methodist Church in Cissna Park IL. He was a
United States Air Force Veteran. Never actually retiring, his life long
occupation was in autobody paint and repair and was the owner of
Twin Lakes Autobody. His specialization in Pontiac Fieros and his
affiliation in several Fiero Clubs earned him the nick name “Fiero Bob”.
In Lieu of flowers memorials can be made to Carle Hospice,
The United Methodist Church in Cissna Park, Cancer Care 2757
7th Ave. 22nd Floor New York, NY 10001 or to a charity of the donor’s choice.
Memorial Service will held Saturday Oct. 6th at the United Methodist Church
Cissa Park 9-11am Visitation, Service following the vistiation.

[This message has been edited by Old Lar (edited 10-02-2018).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post09-30-2018 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Donald Duane Ratts, 77

Donald Duane Ratts, 77, died on Sunday, Sept. 24, 2018, in Post Falls, Idaho. He was born in Pinehurst, Idaho to Herbert and Lillian Ratts on Jan. 22, 1941. He joined his older brother, Dave and was followed by his younger brother, Larry and his sister, Judy (Lagerquist).

Donald joined the U.S. Navy in 1958 and served until 1963; then he joined the Reserves. He married Janice Boley in 1963 and had four children, Becky Moore of Niece, Calif., Casey Ratts of Cobb Mountain, Calif., Robert Valentino of Petaluma, Calif., and Stephanie Johnson of Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.

He is survived by his brother, Larry Ratts; his four children; nine nieces and nephews; eight grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.

A celebration of his life was held Thursday, Sept. 27, 2018.

“The world lost a true original early this morning. My mom’s brother and my Uncle Don lived life his way. To most on the outside it may have seemed like ‘What is this guy thinking?’ But I don’t think I ever saw him without a smile and the mischievous sparkle in his eyes. He was truly someone, no matter the differences in your beliefs, you knew he still cared about you and considered you a friend. No doubt you could always count on an interesting conversation in his company. I will miss him, as I know many others will as well. Thanks for the memories. Love you Uncle Don Ratts.” — Brian Lagerquist
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2018 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Georgia Fieros just received word that the wife of Paul McKibben passed away yesterday. She was a regular attendee alongside Paul at The Fiero Factory Swap Meets.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2018 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am sorry to hear of these recent losses to our community I always have a sense of dread when I see this thread come back to the top of the list
DotTC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2018 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I am sorry to hear of these recent losses to our community I always have a sense of dread when I see this thread come back to the top of the list

No truer words have ever been spoken.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2018 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So many familiar names in this thread, so many leaving us.
It awaits each and all of us but that doesn't make it any easier to bear.
Rest in peace each.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2018 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

So many familiar names in this thread, so many leaving us.
It awaits each and all of us but that doesn't make it any easier to bear.
Rest in peace each.

Still visit PFF occasionally, haven't checked this thread for awhile. Terribly bummed to read some of the names listed here.

RIP, Fiero Buddies (and spouses)

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2018 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prayers for the families and friends of those who have passed.
PFF
System Bot
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2019 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very sorry to update this with the passing of California Kid...
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/098670.html
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2019 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is with sadness that the Wisconsin Fiero Fanatics has shared the passing of their longtime member John Klink on 2/23/2019. John & his wife Joyce helped out at the Dells Run event for the past 20 years...

https://www.churchandchapel...ee-Wisconsin/1836842
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2020 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm afraid it's time again to bring back this thread.

I just found out yesterday that Clynt, well known in the local Fiero community, passed away earlier this month.

Clynt's username here was hellbentkrusty. He seldom posted, but Clynt is quite known at PFF for his contributions to John's car in the thread, RBS in-Limbo (extreme makeover). In that thread, Clynt appears in picture after picture as he spent an extraordinary amount of time helping John with his car.

Clynt also had his own spectacular custom Fiero... a choptop/widebody 4.9 powered notchie. Many pictures of that car have appeared here, as well as in This thread in the local Fiero club's forum.

Beneath a seemingly gruff facade, was a gentle man with a heart of gold. RIP my friend.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-01-2020).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2020 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:
I just found out yesterday that Clynt, well known in the local Fiero community, passed away earlier this month.

I always hate to see this thread pop back up.
I send my condolences to all who know and love him.
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2020 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never met Clynt but followed his thread on his local forum, I based my rear tire sizes on his build. RIP
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fly high Dad...(Jim Gilbert - TooManyFieros)

On July 21, 6 months to the day of his diagnosis, Dad lost his battle with pancreatic cancer. At 71 years and 5 months, his life was so much more than his 4 separate battles with this dreaded disease.

Dad was truly a Renaissance man. There was never anything he couldn't fix and we were all blessed to learn from him, particularly with his knowledge of all things Pontiac Fiero. Over the course of the last 21 years he probably repaired or rebuilt nearly 100 of them and helped so many people answering questions online even while he was ill. His ownership was an urban legend in his parts - at times people would see me driving one and say, "Do you know that guy in Oley who has 50, 100, 500 (pick a number) of those cars?" I always got a chuckle. (For the record, the most we had consecutively was 27 - 21 of which were running).

Dad also had a great work ethic and high expectations. I can definitely frequently here him in my mind when I'm cleaning my car and thinking about a shortcut or when I'm tired but know there's more I can do in a day. He seldom met a stranger... and he was always willing to lend a hand. He was a great grandfather and I'm grateful my nephew is the spitting image of him. He was so many things to so many people. His tech sessions were legendary - once dropping an engine (with 2 assistants) in 31 minutes.

While I never imagined my dad wouldn't make it to my 40th birthday, I'm grateful for the nearly 40 years we had together.

[This message has been edited by Fierochic88 (edited 07-31-2020).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jen,
I offered my condolences in your FB posting, but I must jump in here.
I'm not sure if I ever met your dad. If I did, it would have been a long time ago. Regardless, he was obviously an outstanding gentleman. That fact is reflected in who you are.
I know he was/is proud.
I send my condolences to you, and to everyone else here who knows and loves him. Peace.
Steve H.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Jen,
I offered my condolences in your FB posting, but I must jump in here.
I'm not sure if I ever met your dad. If I did, it would have been a long time ago. Regardless, he was obviously an outstanding gentleman. That fact is reflected in who you are.
I know he was/is proud.
I send my condolences to you, and to everyone else here who knows and loves him. Peace.
Steve H.

Thanks Steve for this incredibly lovely message. I believe you and Dad may have crossed paths at the FOCOA show in Williamsburg but goodness that was eons ago. Dad and Mom would have been there with his Black 85GT and he was probably pitching in and helping in some way. I do think that might be one of the few shows where he wasn't gearing up for a hard luck award and it was really a great trip for us. We had a lot of fun.
FTF Engineering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jen, It is a sad time indeed.

I learned so much from your dad. Some of it even acceptable in mixed company. Not much, but some.

He was one of those tireless guys who always seemed to get so much done. Seemed like the only time he stopped working was when he simply had to. And even then, it wasn't for very long.

My favorite story.... One night I was helping him fix rusted brake lines on his car so the car could make it to Carlisle the next morning. It was very late, and we were both exhausted. We were fabricating a new piece of line to replace one that was leaking. Right rear. I was in charge of forming the flares because I had the knack of the flaring tool. We had one end done and had the line in place. All was needed was to form the second flare, secure down the flare nut, and bleed the brakes.

Well on that final flare, I got the best flare I have ever gotten in my life! I showed it to Jim with pride. He smiled and nodded approvingly.

It was at that exact same instant was when I noticed that I had not put the flare nut on the line before I did the flare. I let out every swear word I've ever heard, and even made up a few new ones on the spot. Your dad just smiled at me and handed me the tubing cutter. Thankfully there was just enough excess length to cut off the flare, put the nut on, and do it again.

RIP Jim Gilbert
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So sorry for your loss Jen. 😢
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2020 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sincere condolences to you Jen and your family.... never met your dad but from all the comments I’ve read I’m positive he was and will remain in your hearts and mind a great man...
Thoughts and prayers coming from up north of you ...

Danyel

Edited for typos ...

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 08-01-2020).]

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2020 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you guys. Bruce - that is a great story - I don't know that I ever heard it! ;-) But he had that way about him...

~ Jen
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2020 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So sorry to hear this... My thoughts are with you and your family.

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2020 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I only met Jim Gilbert a few times and found him to be a welcoming and friendly person. At an MAFOA planning meeting a few years back at the Gilberts home, I recall being invited into the basement where there was a large model train layout that Jim built from scratch. He ran his trains for us and that was entertaining and fun. Jim was a man of many talents,an electrical engineer, an ace mechanic, a heck of a nice guy and a good family man. He will certainly be missed. R.I.P. James Gilbert
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2020 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys. Dad sure made an impression.

Jen
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2020 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I realized in responding to another post that this thread missed another sad update - the passing of Ron Treichel, aka Paced84, just 9 days after my dad. Ron passed away on July 30 after a significant decline in his health over the past year or so.

I honestly can't recall how long ago I met Ron, although I know it was at least at the 20th, but likely before then perhaps when I traveled out to the Dells in 2002 or one of the many FOCOA National Shows we attended from 1999-2002. He was easy to talk to and we always enjoyed not only our conversations with Ron, but his sidekick and grandson, Jimmy. Ron was a wonderful grandfather to Jimmy, building him a beautiful Indy replicacar that in so many ways mirrored the actual Pace Cars that led the pack in 1984.

Ron also lived to collect Fiero memorabilia and Fiero knowledge. He worked to save as much as he could from Plant #17, even pulling out many bricks that he offered to the Fiero community for reasonable prices or donations to show raffles through the years. He was never too busy to answer an e-mail or offer knowledge to an inquiring mind, many times even my own.

I last talked to Ron on July 18. I was in the process of losing my Dad and Ron sent their thoughts and prayers from MI. He also was working to help me get files for go-kart logos - aiding community members until the end.

I'm sure somewhere I have some better pics of Ron but this is a brick he sent me a few years back as a birthday gift. His handwriting is preserved on it and along with it, many memories for me.

Ron - thank you for thanking me...rest in peace.

~ Jen

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2020 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

I realized in responding to another post that this thread missed another sad update - the passing of Ron Treichel, aka Paced84, just 9 days after my dad. Ron passed away on July 30 after a significant decline in his health over the past year or so.

I honestly can't recall how long ago I met Ron, although I know it was at least at the 20th, but likely before then perhaps when I traveled out to the Dells in 2002 or one of the many FOCOA National Shows we attended from 1999-2002. He was easy to talk to and we always enjoyed not only our conversations with Ron, but his sidekick and grandson, Jimmy. Ron was a wonderful grandfather to Jimmy, building him a beautiful Indy replicacar that in so many ways mirrored the actual Pace Cars that led the pack in 1984.

Ron also lived to collect Fiero memorabilia and Fiero knowledge. He worked to save as much as he could from Plant #17, even pulling out many bricks that he offered to the Fiero community for reasonable prices or donations to show raffles through the years. He was never too busy to answer an e-mail or offer knowledge to an inquiring mind, many times even my own.

I last talked to Ron on July 18. I was in the process of losing my Dad and Ron sent their thoughts and prayers from MI. He also was working to help me get files for go-kart logos - aiding community members until the end.

I'm sure somewhere I have some better pics of Ron but this is a brick he sent me a few years back as a birthday gift. His handwriting is preserved on it and along with it, many memories for me.

Ron - thank you for thanking me...rest in peace.

~ Jen

So strange! I had just thought about Ron last week week and wondered how he was doing.

I enjoyed talking history with him and sharing info.

He got me two bricks from the plant. The reason I was thinking of him was due to the bricks as I was dusting and moved them.

He will be greatly missed. I always wanted to get him Fred and myself together to do a book on the Fiero to set the record straight.

I will miss him he was a major pillar in the Fiero community.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2020 04:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for letting us know Jen.

Ron was a very special person. He promoted his great love and passion for the Fiero and Fiero Community. We had many great talks.
But to me, the most amazing part of Ron was his continuous support of Jimmy. Honestly I cannot say that I have seen a more loving relationship. Anyone would be lucky to have Ron as a mentor, but Jimmy has especially benifited from it and you could see it in the smile on his face. Ron had true compassion. This is really a sad loss.

My prayers and condolences go out to his family and especially Jimmy. He will be missed.

In the picture, Ron is the gentleman on the right.

[This message has been edited by R Runner (edited 12-20-2020).]

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2020 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was talking to Ron about buying his go kart earlier this year but was unable to due to the shutdown. Sorry to hear of his passing. 😢
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock