Started on: 04-15-2024 01:42 PM
Replies: 32 (549 views)
Last post by: theBDub on 05-04-2024 05:43 PM
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2024 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would anyone that happens to have his personal e-mail, shoot him an e-mail to make sure he's OK?

Genuine concern... he's been gone for over a month. I know people come and go, and the Fiero Forum isn't their life, but he was a die-hard regular, and we just want to make sure he's doing OK ... point being, if he's not doing OK, we might be able to give him some positive well wishes and maybe someone local can help him.

@Cliff Pennock, would you mind shooting Rinse an e-mail (since you have access to it), and just see if he's doing ok? Not asking you to share it, but just let him know if he needs anything, we're here to help him. (Going to report this post so you see it).

Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2024 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've sent him an email. Will let you know if he responds.

It looks like he hasn't visited the forum for about a month now.
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2024 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Todd, I am also concerned about him. He used to be in a nearby Fiero club. I don't know the name of it so I can not inquire there. I have been toying with the idea of contacting the Sunnyvale Police for a wellness check but I do not have enough information to do so.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2024 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IIRC, he was in Golden Gate Fieros.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2024 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Cliff, I appreciate it.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2024 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

IIRC, he was in Golden Gate Fieros.

Inquiry sent.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2024 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was not sure how I contacted the Golden Gate Fiero club. It must have been a hyper link. I was not sure they had my contact information. So I used my e-mail. In less than four hours I received a reply.

Mary Szpara <msbear@pacbell.net>

Apr 17, 2024, 12:28 PM (19 hours ago)

to me
Yes we are trying to reach Rusty. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mary Szpara

Heh, Rusty. I would like to Fed Ex him a case of WD-40.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2024 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mary Szpara <msbear@pacbell.net>

Mary, I do not have enough information to ask law enforcement to do a wellness check.  Or file a missing persons report.  They might have better abilities to look at hospitals and any other places he might be.
Can you do that for me ?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2024 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Mary Szpara" likely is (or was?) married to John Szpara. John is now a resident of a southeastern state.
Point is, they may not be close enough to the situation to be able to assist, much.
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2024 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fierobear knows Rusty. At least he did a few years ago. He might be a good person to ask.

edit: I sent fierobear a PM with a link to this thread.

[This message has been edited by Doug85GT (edited 04-20-2024).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2024 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:
"Mary Szpara" likely is (or was?) married to John Szpara. John is now a resident of a southeastern state.
Point is, they may not be close enough to the situation to be able to assist, much.

Thanks Raydar. I just sent an inquiry to Golden State Fieros, and in about four hours she replied. Not to say you are not right. She could be concerned just as we are, from a distance.

Originally posted by Doug85GT:
Fierobear knows Rusty. At least he did a few years ago. He might be a good person to ask.

edit: I sent fierobear a PM with a link to this thread.

Thanks Doug.
PFF
System Bot
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2024 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have some bad news- Rusty has passed.

He was president of the Golden Gate Fiero club......did a very good job as president....quiet man.

He did not participate in the GGF Zoom meeting in March which set off warning bells.....Someone did get the police to do a wellness check but did not enter his unit. Today I drove down to Sunnyvale and asked a few neighbors......the third one told me that they decided two weeks ago to do a serious wellness-check and had the property manager open the unit- and they found him deceased- had been for a while.

I know some on here disagreed with some of his views- but he was a very nice man- always considerate of others and just a very good man.

R.I.P. Rusty
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2024 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ughh. I'm so very sorry to hear that.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2024 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36448 posts
Member since Apr 99
cvxjet, I hope you don't mind that I quoted your post and added it to the In Memoriam thread. I'm hoping that forum members will post their condolences there.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 04-21-2024).]

jdv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2024 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jdvSend a Private Message to jdvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He will be missed.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2024 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is sad news indeed. 😟
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2024 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wait... Rinselberg (Rusty?) is dead? Are you serious?

Damn man... I am really, really, sad to hear that. It almost feels unreal. I've never met the guy, but I know he was always a very positive person.

Geeze man, ugh. Anyone happen to know how old he was? Hopefully this had been a long life. Is there a service that's going to be held for him? Can we help pay for flowers or anything?
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2024 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since Rusty was part of a Fiero club this probably won't be an issue with him, but many times a widow or family member who is left with a Fiero has no idea what to do with it. Perhaps Pennock Fiero could offer a service for deceased members where they (we?) help sale the car.

It would be difficult to find out who to contact, and mourning relatives probably don't care much about a car at the time. So it might just be too awkward. But it really could be a valuable service to someone who is completely clueless about cars. My sister's husband was into old tube radio/audio equipment. She had no idea what to do with any of that stuff after he died. Apparently, he got everything online so she did not even know of a local business that she could go to for appraisal.
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2024 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In addition to what CvxJet said, an attempt will be made to contact his brother for more info on what happened, memorial service info, etc.
I will pass it on when I get it.
Kit
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2024 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick- I am glad that you posted that info in "In Memoriam"

I am not sure about his family associations....He was living alone, but has a brother in San Jose...I am planning on contacting the brother next weekend to find out more information, including possible services and Fiero-club materials.

I believe he was slightly older than me (63)....So 65-68....and apparently a Harvard-trained software engineer....all I knew was that he liked Fieros.

Here is a pic of him on the first GGF Vine run (2017).....He is between the two Fieros...

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2024 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well... damn. I'm sorry to hear this.
Thanks to all for chasing this for "us".
PFF
System Bot
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2024 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I often disagreed with him, but am very sorry to hear of his passing.

I'm almost 50 and what I've learned is that most of what we learned is absolute BLUUSHEETROCK.

I may have held political or patriotic beliefs or whatever in the past, but with "10-30" years left...*maybe* , I just care about having fun with the time I have left.

Vaccines cause Autism for some people. Both the Democrats and republicans just care about their own agendas. and BOY, are they RICH.

but we struggle for healthcare and mental care and whatnot. but we bicker over overseas politics... just go take a walk in a forest and sniff some grass or pet a snail or something...just dont feed your kids Lunchables... Robots and AI. good luck and hope you all do ok...

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2024 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow... That's terrible news... 😔

I had my suspicions when my logs showed he abruptly stopped visiting the forum in March (exact date and time known). People simply don't do that. They might stop posting for a while, but never do they simply stop visiting. And seeing how active he was in the P&R section, I knew something must be terribly wrong. I have experienced this once before - with my brother. He too was found deceased in his home.

I never understood why he got so many negative ratings. Sure he was very passionate about his political beliefs, but I never found his posts insulting or derogating towards others. Obviously I don't venture much in the P&R section so I might be completely wrong but the posts I saw were never any of that.

RIP "rinselberg"...
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2024 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He got his negs long before P&R was began Cliff.
I know one of the other (non-Fiero) boards he was on, and I will try to get word of his passing to them.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2024 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man, poor guy... the place just won't be the same without him. I'm definitely sad to hear about this. I was hoping "Rusty" was someone else.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2024 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going to miss him !
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2024 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35957 posts
Member since Jun 2003
A PM from rinselberg that I did not delete.

{quote]
Hi Cliff,

If you were to engage with this (on Sea Levels) or at least give it a "browse", that would be like an early Christmas present for me. I think it's "innovative."
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...6/HTML/121795-3.html

I was part of a nice Christmas season gathering at the start of the week (Sunday) for the Golden Gate Fieros group. It was hosted by the former leader of the group and his wife, at a veritable mansion in the hills that are immediately north and east of San Jose. It was about 2000 feet above sea level.

Thanks for your good thoughts.

I am looking forward to "seeing you" again soon.

Among the locals here, especially the Fiero groupers, they usually call me "Rusty."

Pennock's Off Topic... Dilly Dilly.

----- Original Message -----
I am not sure your faith celebrates Christmas.

Happy holidays.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2024 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

A PM from rinselberg that I did not delete.

{quote]
Hi Cliff,

If you were to engage with this (on Sea Levels) or at least give it a "browse", that would be like an early Christmas present for me. I think it's "innovative."
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...6/HTML/121795-3.html

I was part of a nice Christmas season gathering at the start of the week (Sunday) for the Golden Gate Fieros group. It was hosted by the former leader of the group and his wife, at a veritable mansion in the hills that are immediately north and east of San Jose. It was about 2000 feet above sea level.

Thanks for your good thoughts.

I am looking forward to "seeing you" again soon.

Among the locals here, especially the Fiero groupers, they usually call me "Rusty."

Pennock's Off Topic... Dilly Dilly.

----- Original Message -----
I am not sure your faith celebrates Christmas.

Happy holidays.

Ugh... yeah, I'm really going to miss the guy. I actually felt like I could have a conversation with him about things that we totally didn't agree on. He was very mild-mannered, intelligent, and generally an all-around nice guy. Pennock's will forever be different without him on here. I don't want to make this about me... but you know, you hear about people passing on (from time to time on here), and it's sad. But it doesn't really affect me, really. But like, when I came to the realization that he died yesterday, I thought about it all night, and into the morning. I'm sure he's fine now... but it's sad for the rest of us.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2024 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Wait... Rinselberg (Rusty?) is dead? Are you serious?

Damn man... I am really, really, sad to hear that. It almost feels unreal. I've never met the guy, but I know he was always a very positive person.

Geeze man, ugh. Anyone happen to know how old he was? Hopefully this had been a long life. Is there a service that's going to be held for him? Can we help pay for flowers or anything?

I was told he was 72.

I don't know if there will be any service. The only contact we have for his family is his brother, Steve. We've had no luck getting a response from him.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2024 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

I was told he was 72.

I don't know if there will be any service. The only contact we have for his family is his brother, Steve. We've had no luck getting a response from him.

Anyone know if they eventually got ahold of his brother?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2024 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe an autopsy would have been performed. Of which a report was issued listing cause of death. Accidental, homicide, suicide, undetermined, or a medical reason.

I don't have enough information to inquire, and frankly, I am scared to know.
PFF
System Bot
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2024 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

He got his negs long before P&R was began Cliff.
I know one of the other (non-Fiero) boards he was on, and I will try to get word of his passing to them.

It was still politics all the same, just when TOT still had politics.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2024 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

theBDub

9691 posts
Member since May 2010
This is a huge bummer.

He was a light for me here on the forum.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock