Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  3.4TDC/4.9l/3800(SC) Swap kits and parts (Page 7)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
3.4TDC/4.9l/3800(SC) Swap kits and parts by FriendOfYours
Started on: 02-29-2012 11:28 PM
Replies: 308
Last post by: rogers9280 on 08-27-2013 09:50 PM
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2012 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
I just got off the phone with FOY and with any luck I'll be going down to pickup my car this weekend.
------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

[This message has been edited by Capt Fiero (edited 11-17-2012).]

IP: Logged
Purple86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2012 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTDirect Link to This Post
*sigh* well my kit has not arrived yet... The owner of the garage where I was doing the swap needs the space for the winter so I no longer have a shop to perform the swap... I'm dissaponted.
Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2012 05:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTDirect Link to This Post
Still yet to receive my order...

Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2012 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTDirect Link to This Post

Purple86GT

1592 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Well this sucks.. I hate to have to do this but I tried calling and sending emails. The guys at Froy are really nice and helpful but no one is returning my calls or emails anymore.. I had to open a PayPal dispute. I really hope I get the kit soon so that I can close this, but I need to take some steps to protect myself.

I really hope there is some explanation for this and it can be resolved in a friendly manner..
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2012 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Copied from my other post.

Have you tried calling him. I spoke to him on the phone and got the low down on FOY Racing, If I were you I would call him. The foyracing email is no good you need to call him.

I spoke to him and he felt it would be a bad idea for me to make the 8hr return drive while I am still taking Morphine 3 times a day. So on Friday he is going to take my car and drive it up to Canada Customs for me, so all I have to do is go through USA Customs pick up the car and then turn around and head for Canada Customs. I believe he said his father would he following him in a 2nd car. I told him Dyno or not I just wanted my car back. So he is really going above and beyond to get things straight with me. I believe his phone number is in this thread, or send me a PM and I'll send it to you. Whenever I call the number I have he always picks up.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2012 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTDirect Link to This Post
Still no parts, no emails, no contact...

Capt Fiero, did you get your car back on Friday?
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2012 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Nope, I made a rather long post in my thread. 350+ miles round trip and still no car. They are going to make it up to me by paying for my fuel for the drive AND Delivering my car to my door when it is done, which should be Sunday or Monday.

------------------

NightMare Cruiser

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2012 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:

Nope, I made a rather long post in my thread. 350+ miles round trip and still no car. They are going to make it up to me by paying for my fuel for the drive AND Delivering my car to my door when it is done, which should be Sunday or Monday.

Where's the thread?

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2012 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
This is a link to the last page, but you can go to page one if you want the entire read, https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...2/HTML/125304-3.html

------------------

IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Direct Link to This Post
I sent him back my dogbone it needed to be modified to fit my Fiero X mounts... He said he was going to ship it Thursday 2 weeks ago... Still no reply...
NightMare Cruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IanT720:

I sent him back my dogbone it needed to be modified to fit my Fiero X mounts... He said he was going to ship it Thursday 2 weeks ago... Still no reply...

Crap!! I was just about to send him mine! Did you have a issue with your Factory Alt bracket having a lip on it? Mine has a lip and the dog bone doesn't sit flush. I'm thinking I have to grind the lip off.

PFF
System Bot
Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2012 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTDirect Link to This Post
Still no parts or contact from Froy...
NightMare Cruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2012 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserDirect Link to This Post
FriendOfYours

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post11-26-2012 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
FOY as of right now, are not taking orders. As Capt stated we are having some serious internal issues and I've been locked out from our accounts. My partner is being difficult to say the least

My question is, why haven't you called? Our number is posted everywhere

Purple, you need to talk to customs. Like I said and anyone can confirm, we have no tracking to Canada. We have shipped a dozen kits since yours was out and some of those people have posted here. It is not our intention to rip anyone off
Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2012 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FriendOfYours:

FOY as of right now, are not taking orders. As Capt stated we are having some serious internal issues and I've been locked out from our accounts. My partner is being difficult to say the least

My question is, why haven't you called? Our number is posted everywhere

Purple, you need to talk to customs. Like I said and anyone can confirm, we have no tracking to Canada. We have shipped a dozen kits since yours was out and some of those people have posted here. It is not our intention to rip anyone off

I have called several times, left voicemails, sent emails.. I actually rather not bring up stuff like this in a public forum but it's the only way I get a reply from you guys. Not just this time but in the pas also (see my posts from a month ago in this thread)

I understand you are going through some tough times and I sympathise with you. I really need some communication from you however. As stated in the other thread, I have lost my work area to perform the swap because of the delays. I now have a Fiero with no engine / transmission sitting outside in the snow.

I can't contact customs because I have nothing for them to go on. I don't know where the package was shipped from, how much it weighs, what it looks like, etc.. I don't even know your real name...

So I've been painted in a corner here, I'm not looking for a fight or discredit anyone. I hope it's just a shipping problem and everything will fall back into place, but I need to take steps to protect my investment.

As for a tracking number, as soon as insurance is added, you get a tracking number. Same if a signature is requested. (the filler neck I sent you had a tracking number and I was able to tell when you received it)

FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-26-2012 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
I do not have a single phone call from you for at least a couple weeks, when we spoke last. I'll give you my cell number. I can give you all of the specifics for the package

I don't know about shipping FROM Canada, but shipping TO Canada I have been told numerous times that they cannot track it. A quick google search will confirm this

[This message has been edited by FriendOfYours (edited 11-26-2012).]

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2012 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

I don't know about shipping FROM Canada, but shipping TO Canada I have been told numerous times that they cannot track it. A quick google search will confirm this

I have to say that I agree on this count, at least via USPS from my experiences.
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2012 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
The few cupholders I have made and shipped to Canada, while USPS wouldn`t tell me where the package was after leaving the border, it did tell me when the package was in customs waiting to be released.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 11-27-2012).]

Twinn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TwinnSend a Private Message to TwinnDirect Link to This Post
As someone that lives in Canada right on the US border and regularly ships to the US and receives packages from the US I can tell you it depends on the company used. A large company like Fed Ex or UPS will be able to track the package between the border, simply because they will be delivering it on either end. If you use another company like Canada Post or USPS the item will only be tracked to the border.
Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2012 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTDirect Link to This Post
OK.. I’m at the end of the rope here.

I called Canada Post, they can’t help because there is no tracking information. They recommended the seller contact USPS and initiate a trace.

I called Canada Border Services, I work for the Federal Government and managed to internally trace someone who can help me. This person told me there would be NO problem with car parts and they would not be held up in customs unless something illegal was packaged with them. And if it were held up, the receiver would be notified by Canada Border Services by phone and by mail. Even with the Christmas rush, the max wait time at the border is 2 to 3 weeks.

I contacted USPS. I estimated that my package would weigh approx. 50lbs, 18” X18” X 10” (all just estimated.. ) and assuming it was shipped the cheapest way possible, USPS assures me it would be at the boarder no later than 8 days after being shipped but most likely within 6 days. They also confirmed that only the shipper can initiate a trace or investigation.

Canada Post assures me the parcel would take no more than 3 days to get from the processing plant (customs) to my door.

So what is going on??

I have been patient, I have deal with delays that should not have happened, I sent you parts that arrived to your door within 4 business days from my shipping date and they were also car parts. People have been sending me PM’s that they also are waiting on parts for a ridiculous amount of time.

I have been receiving all sorts of excuses that caused me to delay initiating a chargeback with PayPal, when I finally decided to go ahead with a chargeback, according to PayPal, it was too late. Lucky for me, my credit card company looks out for its clients and charged PayPal back. Oddly enough, this prompted PayPal to make an “exception” to their rules and open an investigation.

I understand you have had a new baby, your better half has had some complications, your business partner has caused you some grief, etc. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, but this ridiculous. because off all these delays, I no longer have a workshop to use for my engine swap. (the owner is using it to store his cars for the winter) I had to pay from my pocket to get my car towed back home and have to store an incomplete car in my driveway for the winter.

If and when I receive my parts, I will update or modify this post, but other need to know what is going on here. I am not alone in this, I will let others speak for themselves.

[This message has been edited by Purple86GT (edited 12-06-2012).]

rogers9280

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2012 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogers9280Send a Private Message to rogers9280Direct Link to This Post
My recommendation is to not do business with these guys, I ordered a 4.9 flywheel from them 5 weeks ago, made payment immediately.he was quick to send invoice for more than quoted price, didn't respond back when I questioned it. I decided to make payment anyway. I was told flywheel would be 1 week fab time and then shipped, when I finally got ahold of them after repeated attempts and told it was going out that day, this was just past the 2 weeks point. More than 3 weeks have past, still no flywheel, repeated emails and phone messages with no responses.

DO NOT do business with this establishment.

They can't even man up and try and resolve issue.
PFF
System Bot
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-07-2012 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
I've already responded to him

But, who are you? I don't have any out standing 4.9 orders. And whats with people saying they call? I always have my phone!

*Went back and found you through PM. Calling you now

[This message has been edited by FriendOfYours (edited 12-07-2012).]

NightMare Cruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2012 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserDirect Link to This Post

I've already responded to him

But, who are you? I don't have any out standing 4.9 orders. And whats with people saying they call? I always have my phone!

*Went back and found you through PM. Calling you now

Yea you have the phone with you. However, you never answer. I'm guessing you listen to the voice mail then decide if you want to talk.

I linked to my posting about FOY stuff!!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/063989.html

Stay Away from this guy!!

------------------
It's a CAR, now drive it!!

http://community.webshots.c...rx32?vhost=community
Coming Soon 3800 swap: Fierox: Mounts

FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-07-2012 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
You got all your parts, what is your deal? WE CAN'T BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR PARTS NOT FITTING WITH OTHER VENDORS MOUNTS

Rogers, I just sent you the screenshots like I said. I have nothing in my voicemails nor in my inbox here. I have 760 messages in our PM here. It isn't saying full and I have been getting other messages

We have dozens of happy customers on here and I have legitimate reasons for why things have been slow and painful, but I am trying to take care of everyone. I have no issue with people posting things publicly, we are a business and everything is out there especially when there is a forum. If you have a problem, post it, then you can't say we tried to ignore you. All will know. I want to help everyone be happy

[This message has been edited by FriendOfYours (edited 12-07-2012).]

Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTDirect Link to This Post
Frienofyours sent me a PM yesterday stating he will send me a replacement kit. (F23/3800 swap kit, alternator relocate, htob, flywheel and my filler neck). If I receive this kit, I will chalk this up to a shipping problem with the shipping company.

Thank you for taking the time and steps to making this right.
Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2012 06:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTDirect Link to This Post
BUMP,

Just waiting on shipping confirmation / tracking number.
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-13-2012 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
It will be a couple days before I can finish a set and get it out. We are installing our 3rd motor into Capt Fiero's car and he's gunna have my head if I don't finish soon

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...2/HTML/125304-6.html

Your chargeback went through btw
Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2012 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTDirect Link to This Post
As I promissed, as soon as I receive my complete kit, I will resend the payment in full.

Hopefully it will be shipped soon.

Thanks.
Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTDirect Link to This Post
Any update on the status of my kit?

Cheers!
NightMare Cruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserDirect Link to This Post
I see tumble Weeds!
rogers9280

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogers9280Send a Private Message to rogers9280Direct Link to This Post
Still looking for 4.9 flywheel? I've called your personal cell phone and left multiple messages, you dont call back. i wont accept that you didnt get messages this time. On pff you stated that you sent it, I never received it. If you sent it, it needs to be tracked. Not returning my phone messages is just irritating me even more.

You have repeatedly stated on this thread that people complain about you not getting messages. I think it's time to figure out how to fix this problem?
PFF
System Bot
Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2012 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTDirect Link to This Post
Bump...
Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2012 06:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTDirect Link to This Post
Bump...
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-22-2012 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
You don't have to keep bumping, my inbox works just fine lol

I'm trying to get everything done this weekend. I'll update on Monday
rogers9280

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2012 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogers9280Send a Private Message to rogers9280Direct Link to This Post
Just thought everyone should know, I had to go through a PayPal claim dispute to get my money back. I total now, it will have taken me 9 weeks to get everything. Doing business with this guy is nothing but trouble. Prices are good, but useless if you can't receive parts. I will NEVER do business, nor recommend him to anyone. I will continue to tell this story. I don't want others to go through this like I did. Most fiero owners are good people.
Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2012 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogers9280:

Just thought everyone should know, I had to go through a PayPal claim dispute to get my money back. I total now, it will have taken me 9 weeks to get everything. Doing business with this guy is nothing but trouble. Prices are good, but useless if you can't receive parts. I will NEVER do business, nor recommend him to anyone. I will continue to tell this story. I don't want others to go through this like I did. Most fiero owners are good people.

Sorry to hear about that. In this thread, FROY mentioned that all the parts were completed and about to be sent out this wwekend. (so by today I guess) https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/126447.html

I'm going to wait for a UPS tracking number and see if this kit finaly arrives before passing judgement. I liketo see the good in people and I hope somehow the post office where all the packages were dropped off was sucked up in a mysterious black hole and that's why all the kits were lost.. This time with UPS or whatever other carrier. I should get tracking #'s

Kepe ya posted!

cheers!

rogers9280

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2012 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogers9280Send a Private Message to rogers9280Direct Link to This Post
I don't know how you got my posts deleted, but, as promised, I will continue to tell everyone how horrible your customer service is a what a liar you are. I ordered a 4.9 flywheel over 8 weeks and no responses from you. After nasty posts from me on your thread, you finally responded back, promising to send out product, still no product. I finally had to go through PayPal and do a claim.

Do not do business with this guy, he is horrible and a liar. His response to me when I was mad was, I don't get why your so mad over a flywheel.
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-31-2012 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
I certainly didn't get your posts deleted. Cliff wouldn't ever do that

My response was that I was very sorry, things are bad, and that it was sad you would wish so ill of me for being late. I did not ever lie to you, there were delays. I never sent tracking and didn't ship or anything like that. You got your refund like I said I would. I have dozens of happy customers on here, I apologize that things didn't work out well. Feel free to paste my responses. I have been nothing but cordial and compliant. I have not accepted a single order in 2 months, I am trying to get things worked out with everyone

[This message has been edited by FriendOfYours (edited 12-31-2012).]

Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2013 05:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTDirect Link to This Post
Any updates on shipping with tracking #?
85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2013 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTDirect Link to This Post
Who are the dozens of happy customers? I'm seeing more like a dozen pissed off former customers
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock