Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  3.4TDC/4.9l/3800(SC) Swap kits and parts (Page 6)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
3.4TDC/4.9l/3800(SC) Swap kits and parts by FriendOfYours
Started on: 02-29-2012 11:28 PM
Replies: 308
Last post by: rogers9280 on 08-27-2013 09:50 PM
CheshireGrin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2012 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CheshireGrinSend a Private Message to CheshireGrinDirect Link to This Post
Waiting on a pm regarding the low mount bracket as I have not received it yet
IP: Logged
FieroCustom

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2012 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCustomClick Here to visit FieroCustom's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroCustomDirect Link to This Post
PM sent about 3.4 DOHC mount inquiry.

------------------
John
1955 Chevrolet 210 Sedan (Shopping list in progress)
1988 SE seized duke...next engine...1996 LQ1 found
~Future 1990 Fiero Clone?
1988 T-Top Coupe rocking 41 MPG!
1986 SE Project Mayhem
1999 F350 Crew Dually ~17mpg city 22 hwy
Wife's 2001 Saturn SL1 51MPG high score

FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post09-24-2012 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
PMs replied

FieroCustom I have nothing
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2012 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Did you get my email day before yesterday about both front suspension control arms and engine mount upgrades when you do my motor swap.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2012 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
I just wanted to say Thank You publicly for the reply. I know with a recovering father and a new baby in the house it can take up a ton of time.

Its getting closer and closer to the day I drop my baby, err I mean car off to you. I know mechanics are the worst customers, as they question everything, but at least I am nearly 6 hours away so I wont' be able to "drop in" and drive you nuts. If this motor build works out as well as we are hoping, I think it will make me one of the fastest 4.9 swaps around, and if it doesn't Nitrous can always solve that.

Also in another thread you mentioned upgraded rocker support beams, are those included in this? I managed to snap one already due to too many 6000rpm shifts, and replaced it with an OE one from the dealer. (forward bank near the deck lid)

See ya soon.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-25-2012 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
The kind words are greatly appreciated! Thank you

The motor we are putting in does not have upgraded rocker rails but we can definitely install them. I think the best we can do $150 but I'll ask the boss
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2012 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Well see what you can do on the price, I figure you will need to remove the old ones anyways to install the Delta Cam, I guess in for a penny in for a pound. With that intake and cam and exhaust combo it should allow the motor to rev much better, which means I will spend more time in the upper rpm range, the last thing I need to do is pop another beam. Fortunatly the last time it happend I was just running around town picking up computer parts and not too far from home. So see what you can do for price, and add it to the list of things to be done to the motor.

------------------

renderareason

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2012 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for renderareasonSend a Private Message to renderareasonDirect Link to This Post
I recently ordered the machined and balanced flywheel, dog-bone mount, low alternator mount, rear engine mount, and thermostat housing. FOY shipped the order quickly, and these parts look great and are definitely heavy duty. The powder coating looks great, I can't wait to get this swap together! Thanks again
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-29-2012 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
Thank you! Glad to hear good feedback. If you ever need anything else, remind us that you have purchased before and we'll give you a discount

[This message has been edited by FriendOfYours (edited 09-29-2012).]

NightMare Cruiser

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2012 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserDirect Link to This Post
Discount?? I have your (3800 SC) Axle, Low mount (alt) Shortened Thermo-neck, Auto Trans shifter plate, Dog-Bone set-up. GREAT PARTS!! You guys went out of your way for me.

------------------
It's a CAR, now drive it!!

http://community.webshots.c...rx32?vhost=community

FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-01-2012 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
Yes! Discounts for every previous customer

Can't say how much as it's based on how much you've ordered. Could be anywhere from 5% to 20%
PFF
System Bot
NightMare Cruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2012 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FriendOfYours:

Yes! Discounts for every previous customer

Can't say how much as it's based on how much you've ordered. Could be anywhere from 5% to 20%

Exhaust system for the 3800 SC swap?? Whats the price for me??
I'll even post pictures of every part I got from you guys!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by NightMare Cruiser (edited 10-01-2012).]

FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-01-2012 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
ygpm
NightMare Cruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2012 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserDirect Link to This Post

ygpm

Ok , i'll go look.

[This message has been edited by NightMare Cruiser (edited 10-01-2012).]

FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2012 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post
Would you happen to have/make PRJ style 3800 fuel rails, or modified ones w/ regulator?

If so, please PM me.

Thanks,
Greg

------------------

Ponti88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2012 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ponti88GTSend a Private Message to Ponti88GTDirect Link to This Post
pm sent....
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2012 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
FriendOfYours do you have an email address for non PFF members to contact you I have had a few people asking me about parts and I am trying to send them your way but they are not on here. Thanks Dan
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-12-2012 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
foyracing@yahoo.com

Feel free to give them our number as well

(203) 433-2835

Thank you!
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2012 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Just a heads up, I gave your number to a British Guy today from here in BC that wants a 3800SC conversion done, and to another guy last week from BC that wants head work done to a V6. We have a club meeting on Saturday and will send be handing out your info to the guys that need mechanical work that can't do it for themselves.

------------------

NightMare Cruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2012 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserDirect Link to This Post

foyracing@yahoo.com

Feel free to give them our number as well

(203) 433-2835

Thank you!

Email Sent.

------------------

NightMare Cruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 04:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserDirect Link to This Post
Any chance you sent out my replacement shifter bracket yet?

------------------

PFF
System Bot
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-13-2012 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
Nope, we've been extraordinarily busy. Yours will certainly work just fine, I'd rather you not have something we didn't build
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-17-2012 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
Bump
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-17-2012 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post

FriendOfYours

655 posts
Member since Feb 2011
Late orders due last week went out today

Check PMs for tracking

Edit:

Many new pictures in the first post!

[This message has been edited by FriendOfYours (edited 10-17-2012).]

FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-20-2012 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
TTT
NightMare Cruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2012 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserDirect Link to This Post

TTT

I sent you a PM did you get it??

Purple86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTDirect Link to This Post
Sent you a few PMs
NightMare Cruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserDirect Link to This Post
I left you a voice mail today.
Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2012 06:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTDirect Link to This Post
Another bump... I called last week, left a voicemail, left a pm last Friday. According to my parcel tracking number, yourn received my package on Monday the 22nd (October). I sent several PM's since then.

I'm sure you are busy and there are several good reasons for the delay in shipping my kit. But I would really appreciate a reply to my messages or a call just to let me know what to expect. My car is still dissasembled in my friend's garrage and I'm well over 2 weeks past schedule from completing the swap.

Thank you,
NightMare Cruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2012 06:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserDirect Link to This Post
Ahh!! I see you added something recently to your axle description. "Axles for Automatic swaps $215 for PAIR All axles must be used with our mounting kit." When I ordered the PASS side axle, you didn't have the "All axles must be used with our mounting kit" part in description!! I'm very sure I mentioned I was using FIEROX's mounts.

Where is my Down Pipe? And Replacement auto shift bracket?
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2012 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Its really not my place to say it, but I am going to say it anyways, as it needs to be explained.

Friend of Yours has 2 things going on, the 1st is nice the 2nd is bad. His wife/girlfriend just had a baby, however there have been several medical issues arise that have sent them to the emergency ward with very serious problems and they may have spent some nights there, https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/096880.html I personally don't know whats going on in the shop, but I know that if I had to choose between a delay to customs or my newborn daughter and hospitalized wife, I would choose the latter. I have met him in person about a month ago and I do trust him. I am sure once he is able to get back to us, he will start updating threads on a regular basis and everyone will be taken care of. Me personally I am not waiting on a single part, I am waiting on an entire car with all new mounts, exhaust, engine and such.

All I can say is drop a PM, make a couple phone calls, and email him. I am sure he will get back to everyone once he has some news to report.

Side note, he was having issues with his phone and voice mail not taking all his messages, So if you call and don't hear back in 24hrs it might be worth a 2nd call.

David aka Capt Fiero.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
NightMare Cruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2012 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserDirect Link to This Post
Capt. PM sent
Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2012 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTDirect Link to This Post
Wow, I hope everything is ok with his daughter! I'm not trying to give them a hard time at all. But I need an update once and a while to keep people on my end.. "happy". I told my buddy that the Fiero would be in his shop for 2-3 weeks. It's been there for well over a month and the last 2 weeks with the engine out of it. I just want to give him a realistic ETA before I get kicked out of there.

Anyhow, I sincerely hope his daughter and family all the best and would still like an e-mail or pm with a status or ETA.

Cheers!
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2012 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Guess this explains why I havent got a PM back from him yet about a 4.9 flywheel..
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-26-2012 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
All PMs have been returned and everyone should now have tracking along with a copy of receipt

Capt, thank you for filling everyone in. We are finally home and I believe I have us all caught up.

I am truly sorry to everyone for the delays and lack of communication this week
CheshireGrin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2012 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CheshireGrinSend a Private Message to CheshireGrinDirect Link to This Post
Link for the 80in belt

http://www.summitracing.com...ac-5060800/overview/

Link to the Idler pulley

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/dac-89004/

Have no idea if necessary or belt length but the one low mount i saw in this thread has either an AC pulley or delete..
part : DORMAN Part # 34196 $28 on rock auto

[This message has been edited by CheshireGrin (edited 10-29-2012).]

IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2012 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Direct Link to This Post
Just recieved my parts from FOY, great quality and simple design... Shifter adapter, modified T stat, and dog bone.... I waited a long time for my parts but FOY made up for it with fantastic communication, and he also threw in a low mount alternator bracket for my time! If I ever need parts I will be back, great business!

------------------
86 Fiero GTX project soon to tear up the street, My build thread! 3800sc, interior, wheels and more! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089483.html

Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2012 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTDirect Link to This Post
Friendofyours, can you please answer my PM or give me a shout? I understand you had some personal issues and delays are understandable. I just want to be kept in the loop as to what is going on with my order. You told me I would have a tracking number by the 27th of October. I haven’t received any tracking information nor have any of my calls or pm’s been answered. I want to work with you but I’m getting worried…

I hate to have to write this in a thread, but I'm getting desperate.

Thank you..
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-31-2012 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
I just called and left a message. I forgot you were in Canada. We have no tracking through USPS when shipping to Canada. Not trying to leave you in the dark. Everyone else has received their parts, don't worry buddy!
Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2012 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTDirect Link to This Post

I just called and left a message. I forgot you were in Canada. We have no tracking through USPS when shipping to Canada. Not trying to leave you in the dark. Everyone else has received their parts, don't worry buddy!

Thank you!
Like I said, I don't want to give you a hard time, I just wanted to know if it was shipped.

Cheers!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock