Started on: 11-12-2004 10:57 PM
Replies: 215
Last post by: Ks86gt on 10-20-2009 06:27 PM
fierobrian

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2005 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobrianSend a Private Message to fierobrianDirect Link to This Post
bump for the great work , and you have a pm
NEVER HAD TOP BILLING ON PAGE 4 BEFORE

[This message has been edited by fierobrian (edited 05-25-2005).]

IP: Logged
TejasFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2005 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TejasFieroSend a Private Message to TejasFieroDirect Link to This Post
How do you polish the fins?
Electrathon

Feedback score:    (39)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 254
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2005 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TejasFiero:

How do you polish the fins?

I mask them off so that there will not be a lot of powder on the fins. Then I use a fine belt on the belt sander and "grain" the top. It looks similar to stainless steel that way. I have tried polishing them to a higher gloss, but the quality of the alliminum does not look good that way.

Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2005 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamDirect Link to This Post
Electrathon, I sent you a pm.

------------------
(formerly known as sqoach)
86 SE 4 spd - undergoing reconstructive surgery
86 SE auto - receiving heart transplant - it's alive!!
86 GT auto - daily driver

85 GT 4 spd - parts car

achbaby

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2005 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for achbabySend a Private Message to achbabyDirect Link to This Post
Hi i'm new to the forum but must say your work looks awesome. I was wondering if anybody had any engraved plenums without that dam little hole in the neck of the plenum and would like to sell one of them. My 87GT with 49K on it is one of the few V6's i have owned without that little hole. But i want to ship my plenum and Tbody out to D.Morse so i need a spare. Once i get them back a was wondering what you would charge to have the valve covers, plenum, and Tbody powdercoated. Also if you would strip the valve covers and plenum as well; if so include that in your price. Not to be a pain in the ass, but do you also polish the ribs on the valve covers and plenum? The ruby red looks great. I just need a price on what things would cost and one i get them back from Darrell, i'm in! thx!!!
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2005 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by achbaby:

Hi i'm new to the forum but must say your work looks awesome. I was wondering if anybody had any engraved plenums without that dam little hole in the neck of the plenum and would like to sell one of them. My 87GT with 49K on it is one of the few V6's i have owned without that little hole. But i want to ship my plenum and Tbody out to D.Morse so i need a spare. Once i get them back a was wondering what you would charge to have the valve covers, plenum, and Tbody powdercoated. Also if you would strip the valve covers and plenum as well; if so include that in your price. Not to be a pain in the ass, but do you also polish the ribs on the valve covers and plenum? The ruby red looks great. I just need a price on what things would cost and one i get them back from Darrell, i'm in! thx!!!

Post a new thread in the mall onder want to buy to see if you can find an upper plenum. I am not sure what you mean about the hole though...

If you are sending the throttle body to Darrell, have him send it back coated. I can't do it once it has been assembled.

I will do your valve covers and upper plenum for $70. $20 more if I strip it (it is not worth even trying for $20, but some people are persistant). I have valve covers for a core, but no engraved plenum cores (i do have unengraved, but they are less cool to most). $20 shipping on the three parts.

I "grain" the ribbs, very similar to the origional appearance. I mask them to keep the powder off, then use a fine belt on the belt sander to shine them. Generally they do not look very good if you try to polish the alluminum to a high gloss.

achbaby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2005 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for achbabySend a Private Message to achbabyDirect Link to This Post
Yeah for 20.00 bucks what the heck, that's cheap enough for me; i can't see who would want to go through that trouble just to save 20 bucks. I will definitly send you those things once i get an engraved plenum. You do nice work and your prices are very reasonable. thx
achbaby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2005 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for achbabySend a Private Message to achbabyDirect Link to This Post

achbaby

454 posts
Member since May 2005
Also, will you do the deck vents off an 87GT. I wanted to get them coated red. $$??
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2005 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Also, will you do the deck vents off an 87GT. I wanted to get them coated red. $$??

I have had a few people ask me about doing these. Let me do a set up for my car in the next few days and I will get a price. There are a lot of anoying little places to make sure gets coated on these.

FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2005 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyDirect Link to This Post
Electrathon,
I sent you a PM and in it I wanted to know if you can do these parts for me and how much it will cost:
smoked chrome 2.8 air tubes
smoked chrome alternator bracket
smoked chrome throttle body
smoked chrome cold air intake tube (metal)
smoked chrome thermostat fill neck (tube)
smoked chrome alternator casing
semi or gloss BLK wipers
semi or gloss BLK GT engine Grills
semi or gloss BLK side view mirrors
semi or gloss BLK drip rails
red calipers

Thanks A lot
Alex

------------------
There's two types of cars in the world, Fieros and everything else.

ziggy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2005 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ziggySend a Private Message to ziggyDirect Link to This Post
Do you have anymore dogbones for the 2.8?
PFF
System Bot
achbaby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2005 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for achbabySend a Private Message to achbabyDirect Link to This Post
Ok let me know how the deck vents turn out and if you will do them or not, if so i got a pair to send asap. thx
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2005 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ziggy:

Do you have anymore dogbones for the 2.8?

I thought I had one more, but looked around and can't find one.

Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2005 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Electrathon

5233 posts
Member since Dec 2002
I sent you a PM and in it I wanted to know if you can do these parts for me and how much it will cost:
Sorry, I got sidetracked and didn't respond. I am assuming that you are sending me all of these parts?

smoked chrome 2.8 air tubes
$7.50 each
smoked chrome alternator bracket
$7.50
smoked chrome throttle body
Can't do it, have Darrell Morse bore and coat it.
smoked chrome cold air intake tube (metal)
$10
smoked chrome thermostat fill neck (tube)
$7.50
smoked chrome alternator casing
$15, I can press out the bearings, recomend as a good time to replace them.
semi or gloss BLK wipers
$7.50 each
semi or gloss BLK GT engine Grills
I have not done a set of these yet, but I think they will be a pain. I will try a set in a few days.
semi or gloss BLK side view mirrors
$15 each
semi or gloss BLK drip rails
$7.50 each
red calipers
$10 each. I will not reasemble them for liability reasons. I have GM rebuild kits, they are not really that hard to do. The fronts are very easy, the rears do take some mechanical experience, but not that bad.

Plus shipping

FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2005 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Electrathon
That sounds great, I will be sending you all the cores. I just need to get my cold air intake and other parts. I will let you know when I am ready to send the stuff. How long does it usually take to prep, powder coats and send out the parts. Thanks alot.

Alex

Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2005 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
Remember I do this as a hobby in my free time, so I don't have all day to work on things. Generally if I am sent one or two parts, they will be done in a couple days (depending on other life issues that come up). A batch this big can take up to a couple weeks.

The prep work is what takes all the time. I sandblast everything to make sure there is proper adheasion. You need to clean (degrease) all the parts prior to shipping. I will do the stripping.

achbaby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2005 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for achbabySend a Private Message to achbabyDirect Link to This Post
keep me posted on the engine grills. If they come out nice but are a pain in the ass to do, charge me extra; i'll pay. I just get sick of painting them each year. thx
FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2005 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyDirect Link to This Post
Electrathon
I have a sand blaster, I wouldn't mind sandblasting all the parts for you. I know it would save you time so, if it would help I can do that to prep them. Thanks

Alex

Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2005 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTRwideboby:

Electrathon
I have a sand blaster, I wouldn't mind sandblasting all the parts for you. I know it would save you time so, if it would help I can do that to prep them. Thanks

Alex

Yes, sandblasting would really speed it up. Keep in mind that the parts must be spotless. Every spec of paint that is left will be a spot that the powder will not stick. Even if you just get most of it off I can quickly do the finish work.

Aaron

FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2005 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyDirect Link to This Post
Electrathon
Cool I'll do my best to clean the as good as possible for you , I am only waiting for a couple parts and I will get them done before I send them. Thanks and I will let you know befor I send anything to make sure you are ready. Thanks

Alex

------------------
There's two types of cars in the world, Fieros and everything else.

Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2005 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
I updated the main page post with a few new parts.
PFF
System Bot
achbaby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2005 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for achbabySend a Private Message to achbabyDirect Link to This Post
Any luck on those deck vents?? I know you had said you would try a set first. Was it possible to do? Let me know? Also do you have gloss black wiper arms ready to go. If so can i buy a set already done without a core. $?
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2005 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Any luck on those deck vents?? I know you had said you would try a set first. Was it possible to do? Let me know? Also do you have gloss black wiper arms ready to go. If so can i buy a set already done without a core. $?

I sandblasted for an hour today till I gave up. I'll finish it up tomorrow and coat it and see how it comes out.

I can do a set of wiper arms in gloss, $20 shipped for a pair, I have a couple extra sets at this time so not too big of a deal on the core

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2005 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
1. PM sent regarding the 2.5 dogbone. I'll take it if you accept cash, MO, or Western Union.
2. Let us know about the vents. I'm interested!!
achbaby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2005 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for achbabySend a Private Message to achbabyDirect Link to This Post
Ok great. Can i send you a money order for 20 bucks? 20.00 shipped without a core? If so can you send me a mailing address? As far as the deck vents, count me in if your successful coating them. I have a spare pair to send that have never been painted and are in nice shape with the paint fading. So they might be easier to strip. Just give me a price on coating them with a bright red and i will ship them along with the money for the wiper arms. thx
achbaby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2005 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for achbabySend a Private Message to achbabyDirect Link to This Post
Any luck??
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2005 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
I did one. It took me over an hour and a half to get the paint off. Coated it last night. It looks good, but I had outgass reactions. It also had pitting from years of corosion eating away at it. With hindsight, I should have done it in semi-gloss rather than gloss, which is much more forgiving when working over old, pitted parts.

I am going to put one in the oven on clean and see if it can take the heat. If so, the paint will come off much easier.

powrmajik

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2005 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for powrmajikSend a Private Message to powrmajikDirect Link to This Post
I am looking for a price on an engraved plenum in the highest gloss black you can find...90% or more. I have the plenum but it will need to be blasted and coated. PM me.

Many Thanks,

------------------

Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2005 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
I tried stripping one of the engine vents in the oven last night. The alluminum warped from the heat, so that process is out.

For now, unless someone wants to do the stripping on this part, I am not really wanting to do the time and effort to coat them.

achbaby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2005 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for achbabySend a Private Message to achbabyDirect Link to This Post
That's kewl. I strip mine and then send them out to you. Give me a price to do a stripped pair. Also i need a price again to strip a set of valve covers and plenum and have them coated. thx
achbaby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2005 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for achbabySend a Private Message to achbabyDirect Link to This Post
Please let me know. I may spend the time to strip a pair of deck vents, would you then coat them? $$? Let me know. thx
PFF
System Bot
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2005 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

That's kewl. I strip mine and then send them out to you. Give me a price to do a stripped pair. Also i need a price again to strip a set of valve covers and plenum and have them coated. thx

If they come to me stripped, I will do the prebake and coating and return shipping for $55.

I have a set of wiper arms done in gloss black.

I will do the valve covers and all plenums for $100, plus $20 more if I strip them. Generally about $20 more return shipping. I have many colors, but prefer "ruby red".

achbaby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2005 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for achbabySend a Private Message to achbabyDirect Link to This Post
So that would be 140.00 with shipping for the plenum and valve covers. Plus 55.00 for the deck vents. Plus whatever the cost of the wiper arm are. I think they were 15.00 for a set. Just out of curiousity, you gave me a quote earlier (pg 4 of this topic) for 70.00 to do the plenum and valve covers plus 20.00 to strip them and 20.00 to ship. A total of 110.00. I don't have a problem with 30 extra bucks; because your work is top notch. I was just wondering if your prices went up. Not a big deal just curious.
Also is the ruby red more of a red or orangish red? thx
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2005 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
The $100 was to do the complete intake and valve covers. $70 if I just do the upper plenum and valve covers.

I have had to raise prices a little, but have kept this one the same.

The ruby red is more of a true red than the origional. There is a color called vermilion that is similar to the origional. I generally use ruby red becaues I like the look far better. I can do it in either color though.

achbaby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2005 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for achbabySend a Private Message to achbabyDirect Link to This Post
I will just be sending the upper engraved plenum and valve covers; my bad. Do you think it would look that much better sending out the the whole intake. I like the ruby red for the engine. As for the deck vents, i need a red that would be closer to the red you might see on a viper; i did my calipers with the paint kit for 39.99 from Eastbay; i just want the vents to match that somewhat. What do you think? Do you do anything with metallic flec?
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2005 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
The lower intake looks very good done, a clean look. Personally, I would not go to the work of pulling it off unless it was for another reason though.

I have been using all Eastwood powders and have good luck with them. It is very hard to judge colors on the web, there are so many variables. You can go to their site and see what they have. I would hate to try and match something and miss though.

There is a metalic additive available. So far I have never tried it. It is about $10 for enough additave to add into a half paund of powder, and I don't know how it looks when sprayed. It possibly might take away from the smoothness too. Just not sure about it.

[This message has been edited by Electrathon (edited 07-09-2005).]

achbaby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2005 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for achbabySend a Private Message to achbabyDirect Link to This Post
Yes i ment Eastwood. A typo, sorry. The only reason i have the plenum off is to refinish it and have it honed by darrell morse. I wasnted to let you know i have to ship my plenum out to him next week. As soon as i get it back i will get it to you.
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2005 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
If you want to, and to save on shipping, have Darrell ship it directly to me.
achbaby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2005 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for achbabySend a Private Message to achbabyDirect Link to This Post
I would but i need to ship the valve covers anyways, i may put it all in one box
greengoblin0129

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2005 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Direct Link to This Post
p.m. sent
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock