Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  12" brake upgrade for an 88 coming for sale (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
12" brake upgrade for an 88 coming for sale by GSXRBOBBY
Started on: 09-19-2004 09:50 PM
Replies: 237
Last post by: GSXRBOBBY on 06-03-2005 09:11 PM
GSXRBOBBY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2004 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Haven't tried them yet with a 15" wheel.

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
93 Northstar and 5 speed Getrag
thespeedshop@sbcglobal.net
My build thread

IP: Logged
Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post11-30-2004 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
Which calipers are these going with stock or corvette and what is the price for 2 rear brackets ?
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2004 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
The stock caiper, it is more then enough with the larger rotor. Braking is cut in almost half, if the braking was any stronger you'd roll the car, ok not really but it really makes a large difference!!!!
The rear brackets? The package comes with them "4 inner rings, 2 left and 2 right side support brackets, and 4 rotors".

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2004 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Direct Link to This Post
PM Sent
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2004 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Sent one back buddy!

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2004 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Just to let everyone know today I upgraded my U.P.S. account so shipping will be easier for all of us. I will most likely be shipping 2 day ground instead of next day to save money, we will also most likely be shipping sometime just after Christmas if thing continue at this rate so the holidays should not slow things down for us?

Again, this is me just keeping you all updated.

Bobby

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2004 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post
Deposit sent! I feel like a kid a Christmas...I can't wait to get them on my car with some new 17" wheels!
Thanks for putting in the leg work on this.
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2004 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
I am writing you with some updated news, I have run into my first problem. I talked with many different places, around 14 places trying to get a good deal on good rotors. I then had them all narrowed down to 5 places.
(1) The first place I tried to make the final deal with started to plat some BS games with me such as adding extra money to the shipping cost and would not allow me to use someone other than there shipper. They also told me they wold be zinc coated and then later tried to add that as an extra charge, so I desided not to use them.
(2) I worked out a final deal with a second place. They sent me a set of cross drilled rotors to look over. They are junk, it looked as if they took a standard rotor and just hand drilled it out to make it cross drilled, it was ruff looking. Also, even though I was told they were zinc plated it did not appear to be. I sent them back!
(3) The last 3 places I have been talking to are in California, I though I was going to pay about $200 for shipping them to my location here in N.W. Indiana but due to the weight of 30 lbs. each I am looking at $552 for shipping, and that freight not UPS. UPS will only ship a package under 150 lbs. so I would have had to shipped many smaller packages and we would have been looking at close to $1000 just to get the rotors here.
If I continue at the price I posted I am going to be losing money per person. I am sorry to say I can not do that.
(4) I did find a local company near me late last week, they are the supplier for all the midwest Napa auto parts stores "as far as performance brake rotors go", they also deal with some other area performance shops near me. They are sending me a pair of rotors to look over and they should be here Monday, Tuesday at the latest. After I look them over and if I deside they are good enough to use they will need to order more to be made. That will take about 2 weeks I am told, they just don't have an extra 72 rotors for our order and for them to supply there other accounts. There price is more then what I was hoping to send, infact they are about $18.00 more then the others, but then again they are alot less than most. But I am a strong believer in you get what you pay for, and this warehouse has a great reputation for selling high quility high performance parts. I will again let you know what I have found after I look them over.

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

rodmcneill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2004 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rodmcneillSend a Private Message to rodmcneillDirect Link to This Post
Are the rotors you are looking at, U.S. made or import?
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2004 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
U.S. made, I don't really trust imported parts for american cars! I have heard guys buying replacement hoods and fenders from across seas and they just don't line up right. Really don't want to have to worry about that when it comes to brakes!

Thats also why I have had some trouble finding just what I really want to use with a good price. At first I thought I would have to settle for one or the other. But I have worked out that problem.

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2004 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
I dont remember if I said so already, but I will take a set if they're gonna fit stock 15" rims. As soon as we find out, I'll send a deposit.
PFF
System Bot
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2004 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Here are the rotors I have made final.

This picture is the rotor, but I did not take it. I do not think this rotor pictured is coated?
They are US made and looked great, a pair were brought me down to me today for me to look them over. They looked great and the order should be here in 2 weeks, he said maybe 3 weeks with it getting close to Christmas but that would be a safe guess. They are coated and have the best clean cut to them! They will have a 90 day warranty on cracking and worping.

The standard rotor will look just like this one to a T other than having the holes and slots of caurse.

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2004 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post

GSXRBOBBY

3122 posts
Member since Aug 2003

Happy Holidays Everybody

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

[This message has been edited by GSXRBOBBY (edited 12-06-2004).]

MarkJPana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2004 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkJPanaSend a Private Message to MarkJPanaDirect Link to This Post
those look nice, definitely something i will be doing once i get this darned 3.4L in.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2004 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Bobby, Looking good!

I gather that this is something that you're going to keep offering, for a while?

I am interested in a set (and maybe another, further down the road) with the standard rotors, but it's not going to be something I can do anytime in the next couple of months. I've put myself temporarily into debt buying some other stuff, and Christmas is coming up, too.

------------------
Raydar
88 3.4 coupe...........

Coming soon...
88 Formula, presently under the knife.

Read Nealz Nuze!

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 12-07-2004).]

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2004 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
I am going to try to pay out to have a few extras made and then a little down the road we can try to do it again, but with a smaller order it will cost more, how much more we'll see. Again, I am just doing this as a way to help everyone and if its needed down the road I have done all the leg work and al of the shopping around so it would be easier next time around!

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

2-tone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2004 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2-toneSend a Private Message to 2-toneDirect Link to This Post
if this kit fits under formula wheels i'll be getting a set

------------------
88 coupe 4.9 Izusu 5-speed Rockcrawl chip. True duels.No A/C . Built to run.

MarkJPana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2004 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkJPanaSend a Private Message to MarkJPanaDirect Link to This Post
email sent with my info, tell me where to send it and the cash will be out
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2004 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
E-mail was sent back, just to let everyone know any money sent with Paypal can be sent to thespeedshop@sbcglobal.net until the 1st of the year, after Jan. 1st they will need to be sent to 219customs@verizon.net they can also be sent to that e-mail address now.
I have sold out part of the shop and its name. Our new shop here in N.W. Indiana is going to be 219 Customs.
Thanks for you support guys, Bobby

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

[This message has been edited by GSXRBOBBY (edited 12-10-2004).]

MarkJPana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2004 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkJPanaSend a Private Message to MarkJPanaDirect Link to This Post
sent the deposit, thanks
AnimalGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2004 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AnimalGTSend a Private Message to AnimalGTDirect Link to This Post
Deposit sent via paypal.
Scott
PFF
System Bot
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2004 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Mark and Scott, got them and thanks for joining. PM sent

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

VISCERAL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2004 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VISCERALSend a Private Message to VISCERALDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I have an 87 GT and already have the 12" brake hardware. I would like to know the price for a set of 88 front and rear vette rotors, that are cross drilled, slotted, zinc plated and still have the stock 5x115 bolt pattern. I plan on using HD 6000 uprights, s10 outer axles and wheel bearings, and the modded front corvair bearing hubs. Please let me know. Either PM me or Patrickmcp@hotmail.com
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2004 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
PM sent

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2004 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Okay I'm in as well,

And free bump

86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2004 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
I sent you an email GSXRBORRBY
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2004 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86GT3.4DOHC:

I sent you an email GSXRBORRBY

Bobby

86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2004 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, bobby, fat fingers, is that why you didnt respond, cause I mispelled ur name ? lol
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2004 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
86GT3.4DOHC, I did not get one from you try 219customs@verizon.net

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post12-12-2004 04:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
Just curious about your choice of drilled rotors why not use slotted instead of drilled because over time these fail and develops cracks between the holes,a few years ago the NSX had problems where the rotors exploded and tore the front ends upon the calipers clamping the rotors not trying to interfere with your orders but just pointing out a safety issue also read the lower section of this ebay ads .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7939022363&category=33564

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2004 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Master Tuner Akimoto:

Just curious about your choice of drilled rotors why not use slotted instead of drilled

The picture above shows drilled and slotted

PFF
System Bot
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2004 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Master Tuner Akimoto, I did talk to a few of the guys on Ebay selling rotors, most want to much even with a bulk order, a few other are selling really junk rotors!!!!!!!!!
Most are in California or Canada which is going to cost me $400 to $600 just to have them shipped here. I found a local place that has some really nice rotors and there is no shipping, just tax on them. And they have gave me a good deal on a bulk order.

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2004 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post

GSXRBOBBY

3122 posts
Member since Aug 2003
The first bulk order of rotors were ordered earlier this week and should be here in 2 weeks, well depending on the Christmas rush. When they get here the machine shop is going to start making the brackets, rings and redrilling the rotors. I am hoping that shouldn't be more or at least much more than a week. So the first order should be ready to be shipped in about 3 weeks from now. The second bulk order of rotors will be ordered in 2 or 3 weeks from now, all the brackets and rings will all be made the first time so the second wave of orders will only have to wait for the rotors to be shipped and redrilled so they should be ready a week or 2 after the first order or should I just say 4 to 5 weeks from now.
Again, to be fair I am shipping them in the order I got the money from each person unless they do not have there second half. However, alot of the first orders I did get, they paid in full so they will get them in the first come first shipped order, again just to be fair.
No really new big news just passing along some info. to keep you guys updated.

I am still taking orders for the second bulk order of rotors.

At this point to just be safe, please start to e-mail me at 219customs@verizon.net
Bobby

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2004 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
If anyone here has missed it Archie has started a fight on the other thread!

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2004 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post

GSXRBOBBY

3122 posts
Member since Aug 2003
Top Line, Standard and cross drilled rotors
They are up in Canada and David was really nice.
Just to much for shipping.

Master Metal, they have all types of rotors
They are in Long Beach Cali. Bummer over there tried hard to get a good deal but again shipping was high.

Greg over at Grip Force, They are over in Cerritos Cali. he had an ok deal sent over?

Performance Brakes, Advanced Tuners, and Buy Brakes.com were from Ebay and they also tried but again shipping was high.

These are the guys I would like to pass along, the other I am not going to even bring up, they sell junk or wouldn't work on price!

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
219customs@verizon.net
My build thread

jaygt

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-14-2004 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaygtClick Here to visit jaygt's HomePageSend a Private Message to jaygtDirect Link to This Post
hi i am still interested. i live in toronto canada. just need the brackets and shims.
jaygt

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-14-2004 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaygtClick Here to visit jaygt's HomePageSend a Private Message to jaygtDirect Link to This Post

jaygt

120 posts
Member since Feb 2004
hey what thread is archie starting a fight?
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Heres the site https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/047271-3.html if you have anyother questions e-mail me

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
219customs@verizon.net
My build thread

PontiacJ8
From: Clay, New York w/ all the trees & the cars hidden in between!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacJ8Click Here to visit PontiacJ8's HomePageSend a Private Message to PontiacJ8Direct Link to This Post
bump
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2004 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Waiting on the rotors, its like the Army. Hurry up and then wait!
They should be here within a week I am hoping.

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
219customs@verizon.net
My build thread

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors