Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  12" brake upgrade for an 88 coming for sale (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
12" brake upgrade for an 88 coming for sale by GSXRBOBBY
Started on: 09-19-2004 09:50 PM
Replies: 237
Last post by: GSXRBOBBY on 06-03-2005 09:11 PM
Brian27

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2004 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian27Send a Private Message to Brian27Direct Link to This Post
You can count me in for a complete kit with cross-drilled rotors if you are able to make everything work on the stock 15" wheels.
IP: Logged
Rhino88gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2004 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rhino88gtClick Here to visit Rhino88gt's HomePageSend a Private Message to Rhino88gtDirect Link to This Post
count me in for the complete kit with just regular rotors if they fit the 15 inchers
lowfierogt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 247
User Banned

Report this Post11-16-2004 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lowfierogtClick Here to visit lowfierogt's HomePageSend a Private Message to lowfierogtDirect Link to This Post
count me in too if they fit the 15 inch rims.
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2004 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
I am going to try for 15" wheels but thats not what I was after, I will try though. I have the list started, anyone else wanting in e-mail me.

By the way, I may need a small part of the down payment just because I am looking at $4000 in just rotors. But then again I will front most of it and I will not be collecting until we are completely set and ready to go! We will work it all out later guys, again I am just trying to help everyone out and I am not looking at making much on this, just enough to pay off the set up fee and knock off some of my cost for my set.

If I keep buying stuff for my car before replacing my girlfriends crap Neon she is going to kick my butt !!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
93 Northstar and 5 speed Getrag
thespeedshop@sbcglobal.net
My build thread

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2004 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
When I did the set up at Spec clutches I had a few e-mails every so often asking me what was going on?
I am asking for everyone wanting a brake upgrade package to e-mail me with the title of "PFF brakes"!

Please answer as much as this as you wish so I can keep intouch with you guys on any changes or questions that may come up, again this is for my record only and will not be shared with anyone I promise.

I first need to know what forum you belong to?

You are looking for the complete brake upgrade kit right?
Name:
Address:
City:
State:
zip:
phone number:
e-mail address:
Way of payment:
(Paypal, cash, money order, and check, all parts will be held until the
check clears)

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2004 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
So what is the complete price with Rotors and all the parts needed. Do you have a total so I know how much I am going to spend on this. Thanks man, appreciate your hard work. Also how much extra for slotted rotors or cross drilled? And you said you are having the rotors re-drilled for the 100x5 bolt pattern if I read this correctly. Please let me know. I am very interested, just wanted to know prices and how stuff was working exactly. I sent you an email with all my info but I need to double check all this stuff before I end up going through and okaying it all. Thanks dude.

-Amir

------------------

1 of 2: Factory Maroon/Gray 87 GT 5 spd: 2.8L (Best 1/4 mile: 15.57@87mph, 2.0 60ft)
2 of 2: Ferrari Red 88 Formula/4T65EHD: 97 GTP Motor (Best 1/4 mile: 13.704@98mph, 1.938 60ft)

My Website
My CarDomain Site

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2004 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Rare87GT,
I don't have a complete price yet, I am waiting a just a few things. The biggest is a cost of material, which I am pushing to find out. The slotted and cross drilled rotors should not be much more, I am waiting to hear from about 10 more places that I am going to be buying a bulk of them, approx. 72 to 100 of them. I am going the have the rotors redrilled with the Fiero's 5 X 100mm bolt pattern, unless I get a deal on a standard 12" Corvette rotor with slots and it will have the 5 X 100mm bolt pattern already drilled, they maybe close enough in price to be able to get them "we'll see"?

Also, I am hoping to get a good time frame from my machine shop, he has just had a large order from someone else come in. Doing something for the local railroad. There are just a few other issues I need to workout, I am doing this as a side project to also help keep the cost down.
Bobby

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2004 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
The long awaited price is now ready:

$195.00 for caliper support bracket and inner hub ring
$200.00 for redrilled 12" standard rotors with 5 X 100mm bolt pattern
$380.00 for complete package (standard rotors):
(#4 12" rotors with redrilled 5 X 100mm bolt pattern,#2 left and #2 right)
(#4 alum. inner hub rings that will support the rotor on the 88 Fiero hub)
(#4 caliper support brackets, #2 left sides and #2 right sides)
Or
$440.00 for complete package (cross drilled rotors):
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
West Coast Fiero's prices
$305.00 for there front only set,"1/2 a set" (US stock replacement rotors)
$255.00 for there front only set,"1/2 a set" (Imported replacement rotors)
$595.00 for there complete upgrade set (US stock replacement rotors)
$495.00 for there complete upgrade set (Imported replacement rotors)
$216.60 for there mounting kit (support brackets and inner hub ring)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EBAY COST:
$425.00 for a complete set (Standard rotors):
Or
$490.00 for a complete set (Cross-drilled rotors):
(#4 12" cross-drilled rotors with redrilled 5 X 100mm bolt pattern,#2 left and #2 right)
I am not going to be selling these on Ebay until all forum orders are filled and completed!
I am still getting things worked out with the several company that I am looking at to supply the rotors, so they should be up for sale soon.
I am going to have parts being made when I get some more orders in, they will be made and shipped within 3 to 4 weeks of the start date.
Anybody wanting to place an order, I will need half of the full payment up front, or you can make a full payment if you wish to do so. "The only reason I will need half down is I am buying all 100 rotors up front and paying for the shipping costs, and the # 3 set up costs (bracket set up, ring set up, rotor set up) are also needed up front.

As you can see above I am able to beat WCF's prices and we have made the brackets stronger with adding extra bolt threads and stronger steel. All parts are going to be cut very clean by laser and a sand-water cutter so te brackets will not be heated or worped!!!

And I am sorry to say I don't know yet if they will fit under a 15" wheel, I know they will not fit as they are, they may fit with some mods. and grinding to your caliper.

Again any questions feel free to post here or e-mail me thespeedshop@sbcglobal.net
Thanks again Bobby

I did edit on 12-04-04 the price of the cross drilled package, the rotors were more than I was hoping to pay.
------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

[This message has been edited by GSXRBOBBY (edited 12-04-2004).]

Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2004 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Direct Link to This Post
As listed on all the websites offering 12" brake packages, they state it will not fit under stock wheels, needs 17s at least (as far as I know from reading around)

good luck, i'll be gettin in touch

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2004 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Mine was designed to fit under at least a 16" wheel, I am hoping under a 15" wheel but then again that was not my goal when the bracket was made. I thought most of everyone that was going to be doing a brake upgrade such as this one would have upgraded there wheel as well. Again I am sorry it your any going to be using a 15", but I think it maybe still possible but not for sure. I don't even have a stock 15" around here to try it, thats one of the first things I change since they are so small and to me ugly.
Nebiros88, looking forward to hearing from you!

Bobby

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

TM_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2004 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TM_FieroSend a Private Message to TM_FieroDirect Link to This Post
Is the email address posted above the one you want payment sent to?
PFF
System Bot
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2004 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Yes that will be fine, any questions e-mail me thespeedshop@sbcglobal.net

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2004 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post

GSXRBOBBY

3122 posts
Member since Aug 2003

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2004 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
E-mail sent on how and where to send payment.
TM_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2004 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TM_FieroSend a Private Message to TM_FieroDirect Link to This Post
Half payment sent to you via paypal for full kit with cross drilled rotors.
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2004 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
So far guys it looks like we are hitting the ground running!

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

BioDeathWalker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2004 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BioDeathWalkerClick Here to visit BioDeathWalker's HomePageSend a Private Message to BioDeathWalkerDirect Link to This Post
are the cross drilled rotors also going to be slotted.
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2004 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
I have not desided on which one of the 5 places I am talking with about a group buy for the rotors. I am still waiting for two of them to write back with my last questions I have sent. 3 of the 5 sell all type of rotors, "basic style, cross drilled, cross drilled and slotted, or just slotted. I have been hearing or should I say learning that for a daily driver a slotted only rotor maybe better for us? The rotor is stronger and it still has an extra way of cooling itself other than just being vented. It also will not crack as fast it the rotor does need to be turned down the road.

Also, I am looking into a performance brake pad that will work best for us, I will try to get a good deal on a group buy for them also, but again just looking at that right now.

Bobby

Rhino88gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2004 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rhino88gtClick Here to visit Rhino88gt's HomePageSend a Private Message to Rhino88gtDirect Link to This Post
Paypal sent.
cabinettec2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2004 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cabinettec2000Send a Private Message to cabinettec2000Direct Link to This Post
Bobby, I have an 88GT with 2" Held drop spindles in the front.Do you forsee any problems with that setup working with your setup? John
TM_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2004 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TM_FieroSend a Private Message to TM_FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cabinettec2000:

Bobby, I have an 88GT with 2" Held drop spindles in the front.Do you forsee any problems with that setup working with your setup? John

For what it's worth. I have 1.5 inch drop held spindles. My thinking is that the stock brakes fit the same on the held spindles as stock. So by my reasoning is the upgrade should work the same for both stock and drop spindles. It's a chance I'm willing to take. I'll let you know if there's any problems should you choose to wait.

[This message has been edited by TM_Fiero (edited 11-22-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2004 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
I agree with TM_Fiero, if there is a problem with them fitting we will work something out. Maybe getting some new measurements for your spindle either from you or Weld and have a custom sized bracket made, after giving the machine shop all this extra work will should be able to get a good price. I am sure it will be a few bucks more, than again he is a cool guy so maybe not, he gave me a free 3"x3"x4" alum. block so I can make my bracket for my Northstar swap. Try it and if it doesn't fit we will work something out I promise!

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2004 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
***UPDATE***
We are going rather well so far, I have got 3 Paypal orders and 2 checks coming in the mail, please not "The check is in the mail" jokes yet. I have also talked to 4 guys that are waiting until payday this week. Just wanted to give you guys an update so we all know where we all stand, so far we are looking good. I was scared that we had 18 guys wanting them and then when it came down to doing it they backed out, but now I have to say we are going to hit the ground running! Again if anyone has any questions e-mail me or if you want e-mail me and we can talk it out over the phone.
I will be going out of town tomorrow but will be back on Friday, going down to visit my girlfriends parents for Thanksgiving, yes I will be close to hell! But I should be back.....more parent jokes could follow but if any of you here tell her at the next show I will get in trouble. hahahahahaha

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

newfie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2004 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfieSend a Private Message to newfieDirect Link to This Post
I will paypal you today as well.
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2004 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
got it newfie
Again, anyone making payments. I perfer Paypal, infact I just ungraded my account there.
Money orders and cash are ok.
If someone has to send a check please e-mail me first so we can talk!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

sactodreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2004 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sactodreamerSend a Private Message to sactodreamerDirect Link to This Post
Can these be built for 86 rear??

[This message has been edited by sactodreamer (edited 11-24-2004).]

fiero-iwan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2004 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero-iwanSend a Private Message to fiero-iwanDirect Link to This Post
Are the brackets and rings the same for the front and back of the 88?
If so I will also be putting down a downpayment (half).

I want just 2 brackets and 2 rings which I intend to use, first on the front, and later when I have the cash for my Movit (Brembo) brake kit for the front, on the back.

What is the estimated price for the 2 brackets and 2 rings?
What email adress do you use for paypall?

Regards Iwan

p.s. I also sent an email with these same questions...

fiero-iwan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2004 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero-iwanSend a Private Message to fiero-iwanDirect Link to This Post
downpayment made with paypal.......
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2004 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
What is the downpayment and where to send the paypal money? let me know.
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2004 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
to my paypal account under thespeedshop@sbcglobal.net and the down payment will be half of what you wish to buy. If you want the full brake upgrade package that is $400.00 which is $200.00 for the down payment. If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me, or e-mail me and we can trade phone numbers and talk things out, that is if you would rather deal "in person"?

Yes sorry I forgot a "d" with my e-mail address, guess I was typing to fast?

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

[This message has been edited by GSXRBOBBY (edited 11-27-2004).]

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2004 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post

GSXRBOBBY

3122 posts
Member since Aug 2003
sactodreamer, these will not work on an 84 -87, however after this works out I am going to start looking into building a brake upgrade for those years. I have an 86 GT right now I am going to sell most likly in the spring I will will try to have that package completed around then.

fiero-iwan
The brackets are the same from front to back, the sides right to left are what changes. The rings are all the same as the rotors are also the same on all 4 corners.

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

PFF
System Bot
BioDeathWalker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2004 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BioDeathWalkerClick Here to visit BioDeathWalker's HomePageSend a Private Message to BioDeathWalkerDirect Link to This Post
Do you know if the spare tire will fit over the 12" setup?

[This message has been edited by BioDeathWalker (edited 11-27-2004).]

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2004 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
I really don't think it will, infact I think the spare is just under 15" so its even smaller than the stock wheel?
There are a couple of places that I have seen that sell a small kit that helps reverse the wheel so it will fit.

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

FastFieros

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2004 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
Bump and paid....

Loyde

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2004 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Yep got it Fastfiero, we have got a few more orders in. We are getting somewhat close, I have had a few write me telling me next week they will send the money.

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post11-29-2004 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GSXRBOBBY:

I really don't think it will, infact I think the spare is just under 15" so its even smaller than the stock wheel?
There are a couple of places that I have seen that sell a small kit that helps reverse the wheel so it will fit.

Use the Chrysler minivan16" spare instead of your current one.

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2004 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Master Tuner Akimoto now thats a good idea!!!

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

Hank is Here

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2004 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hank is HereSend a Private Message to Hank is HereDirect Link to This Post
Is this a once and done deal? I would like to purchase a set but won't have the cash until after the holidays.
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2004 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
I have to say it will most likely be that way, there maybe a chance of doing it again, that is if the extra sell quickly but otherwise yes its. I will then be looking into helping out the pre-88 guys by designing a better brake upgrade for them.

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2004 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
Uhh.... not to be the stupic guy who asks the stupid question, but Im guessing you use stock calipers with these?? Cant see where anyone has said.

Also, anymore info on the 15" rims? Im definitly keeping my stock rims, plus I think it'll look cool having 12" of brake crammed inside a 15" rim.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock