Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  ATTENTION ALL CHRISTIANS: Please pray for the salvation of Wichita (Page 9)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
ATTENTION ALL CHRISTIANS: Please pray for the salvation of Wichita by Boostdreamer
Started on: 04-23-2013 09:57 PM
Replies: 566
Last post by: Australian on 05-30-2013 07:09 AM
yellowstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NoMoreRicers:

This is completely inappropriate, not safe for work, and not related, do not click here.

Click to show

But it's awesomely funny!
IP: Logged
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

yellowstone

9299 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by User00013170:

And there is no room for religion in the military. They have a job to do.

While I agree that as a public institution, religion should not have any official role in the military IMO, the fact is that there isn't a better way to make people kill or die happily than a belief that "deus vult". Disclaimer: this is not aimed at the US military in particular but all of them.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:
While I agree that as a public institution, religion should not have any official role in the military IMO, the fact is that there isn't a better way to make people kill or die happily than a belief that "deus vult". Disclaimer: this is not aimed at the US military in particular but all of them.

That may be true. I don't know. I never had that feeling or belief. Religion or faith of any kind was never pushed on us. People attended church of their own free will.

Serving in the military is not about turning normal people into killing machines. It is a job like many others. Some people go into it for reasons more patriotic or more mercenary than others. That is the individual. They are all trained to do a job or MOS (Military Occupational Specialty). That MOS might be truck driver, heavy equipment operator, military police, payroll or benefits clerk, etc. The "jobs" that military personnel perform usually have a civilian equivilant. Service members spend a far greater time performing the duties of their MOS than they spend pointing weapons at live targets.

So it stands to reason that if military personnel spend most of their time being normal people in normal jobs, they would need to also be able to practice their faith as they normally would. That has always been allowed until now. But that's all fine. We have too many pesky rights and privileges now and they do little more than confuse the poor souls they were created for. Thank goodness this administration will clear out as many as they can. God bless them.

------------------
Jonathan

Please join me in prayer that forum member Wichita gives his life to the Lord Jesus.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/100383.html
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/121056.html

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

So it stands to reason that if military personnel spend most of their time being normal people in normal jobs, they would need to also be able to practice their faith as they normally would.

Absolutely, why shouldn't they? Just the military itself should not have a role in it.

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 05-02-2013).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

What if one has an opinion that those who say they follow and are example of the Christian ways are condescending in speech, crass is conduct, selfish in love, hypocritical in faith, and exemplify no purity. What if one believes Christians are evil. What then?

We all have opinions. The true Christian should continue to do it right, and maybe they'll get noticed by the person with that opinion instead of the people you describe above. Maybe they wont. But Jesus is the real example.

Texasfiero said it well.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Absolutely, why shouldn't they? Just the military itself should not have a role in it.

Some bases are tighter than others. Field operations can last for weeks and longer. What if a soldier is on restrictions and cannot leave the base? What if the unit is in a lock down? Who's going to be authorized to come onto those bases to conduct services? Who's going to be allowed into secure or tactical exercise areas to conduct services. For security and safety purposes alone, the military needs to provide these things to their own.

------------------
Jonathan

Please join me in prayer that forum member Wichita gives his life to the Lord Jesus.

User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post05-02-2013 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Some bases are tighter than others. Field operations can last for weeks and longer. What if a soldier is on restrictions and cannot leave the base? What if the unit is in a lock down? Who's going to be authorized to come onto those bases to conduct services? Who's going to be allowed into secure or tactical exercise areas to conduct services. For security and safety purposes alone, the military needs to provide these things to their own.

Or people can just practice quietly on their own ( and not try to indoctrinate others ). Since everyone there currently is a volunteer, they should have accepted the restrictions up front. Due to its very nature, military life requires compromises, and this is one of them. There are others too.

[This message has been edited by User00013170 (edited 05-02-2013).]

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Or people can just practice quietly on their own ( and not try to indoctrinate others ). Since everyone there currently is a volunteer, they should have accepted the restrictions up front. Due to its very nature, military life requires compromises, and this is one of them. There are others too.

I read my contract. There was no mention of religous restrictions up front. Military life DOES require compromises. The practice of faith is NOT one of them. The military, like most industries, try very hard to attract a representative sample of the population. Integration of all kinds is the goal.

I have yet to go to any church service where members drag unsuspecting citizens in and "try to indoctrinate" them. If a soldier doesn't want to attend the worship service, he doesn't have to. His choice. Some faiths are not meant to be quietly practiced on your own. Christianity for example. Why don't people get taken to Heaven as soon as they give their lives to Jesus? Simple, they need to spread the gospel (good news) of Jesus.

Mark 5:19
Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee.

Luke 7:22
Then Jesus answering said unto them, Go your way, and tell John what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached.

Matthew 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Mark 16:15
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Why is it OK for you to say what a Christian should do when you're not one but it is wrong for a Christian to do what they think is right?

------------------
Jonathan

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

Why don't people get taken to Heaven as soon as they give their lives to Jesus? Simple, they need to spread the gospel (good news) of Jesus.

Do people spread the "bad news" of Jesus?
(j/k)

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 05-02-2013).]

User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post05-02-2013 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Why is it OK for you to say what a Christian should do when you're not one but it is wrong for a Christian to do what they think is right?

Because they are wrong.

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Because they are wrong.

Nurb, What branch of the military did you serve in?

------------------
Jonathan

PFF
System Bot
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post05-02-2013 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

I read my contract. There was no mention of religous restrictions up front. Military life DOES require compromises. The practice of faith is NOT one of them. The military, like most industries, try very hard to attract a representative sample of the population. Integration of all kinds is the goal.

Not everything is in black and white. I still say 'faith' has NO place in the military. It only gets in the way of the job that needs to be done.
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post05-02-2013 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

User00013170

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Nurb, What branch of the military did you serve in?

It isn't relevant. I'm was referring to Christians being wrong ( in response to the question of why i can say what i said, aside from my right of free speech... ).

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

It isn't relevant. I'm was referring to Christians being wrong ( in response to the question of why i can say what i said, aside from my right of free speech... ).

Please just answer the very simple question.

------------------
Jonathan

User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post05-02-2013 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Please just answer the very simple question.

Ill have to decline, as that crosses the line for me for personal information that i don't give out.

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by User00013170: Or people can just practice quietly on their own ( and not try to indoctrinate others ).

When I was in the military, nobody tried to indoctrinate anyone with religious ideology. Church attendance was voluntary. It is a service that the military provides to those who want it, not a requirement or an indoctrination tool.

There are very good reasons for the military to have their own clergymen. Even as an agnostic, I understood why the religious service members should have clergymen available to them. The conditions that soldiers endure while on duty can absolutely crush their morale. For a military unit, keeping morale up is EXTREMELY important. For many soldiers, spiritual support can help with that. But trucking in 3rd-party clergymen can quickly become a logistical (and security) nightmare. Hence the military chaplains.

On a side note, I find it ironic that some of the atheists here are just as intolerant as the religious people whom you are mocking. And you seem just as eager to push YOUR ideology on THEM. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post05-02-2013 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

When I was in the military, nobody tried to indoctrinate anyone with religious ideology. Church attendance was voluntary. It is a service that the military provides to those who want it, not a requirement or an indoctrination tool.

I didn't mean that it was, just that it shouldn't be.
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post05-02-2013 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

User00013170

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by Blacktree:

On a side note, I find it ironic that some of the atheists here are just as intolerant as the religious people whom you are mocking. And you seem just as eager to push YOUR ideology on THEM. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

I'm not an Atheist, but thanks for playing

( and Christians/etc can believe what they want, even when it is mostly a scam based on superstition and peoples innate weaknesses . But until i have proof otherwise, ill still say they are wrong and misguided for not having facts but claiming its 'truth'. )
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Ill have to decline, as that crosses the line for me for personal information that i don't give out.

Here, I found something for you.

------------------
Jonathan

User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post05-02-2013 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Here, I found something for you.

huh? ( sorry but i don't always catch humor since i have little of it myself )
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Looks like BALLS to me. Don't know if that was the intended pseudonym, though.
PFF
System Bot
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post05-02-2013 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Looks like BALLS to me. Don't know if that was the intended pseudonym, though.

At least i wasn't the only one that felt it was far to abstract. I'm sure its no big loss tho.

( unless that is god.. a soccer ball and that was what he was trying to convey.. )

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2013 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post
Wichita and Blacktree, I prayed for you both. I will continue to do so.

Have a blessed day!

------------------
Jonathan

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2013 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
Wichita, some of my wife's family in Cuba is into Santeria and I'm having them do something to a chicken for you

Hope it helps!

(My point being: is there a difference, except for the chicken?)

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 05-03-2013).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2013 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistDirect Link to This Post

(My point being: is there a difference, except for the chicken?)

The chicken would argue there's a BIG difference!
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Thats not a prayer, not to God.

Mark 11:25
And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

1 Peter 3:12
For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are open to their prayer. But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.

Luke 6:28
Bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you.

2.5 hang in there bud. Boostdreamer I am with you brother. Surprised by the people whom seem to be decent on this forum, yet you mention the Lord and they become just the opposite.

Peace be with you

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 05-04-2013).]

User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post05-04-2013 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

Surprised by the people whom seem to be decent on this forum, yet you mention the Lord and they become just the opposite.

Peace be with you

From both sides of the isle.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post
Wichita and Blacktree, I have prayed for you both. I will continue to do so.

Have a blessed day!

------------------
Jonathan

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007

Originally posted by solotwo:
2.5 hang in there bud. Boostdreamer I am with you brother. Surprised by the people whom seem to be decent on this forum, yet you mention the Lord and they become just the opposite.

Peace be with you

Thanks for the support! I appreciate it! This thread has been very eye opening for me.

------------------
Jonathan

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

But Jesus is the real example..

Which version of Jesus?

Question! Let's take one version, like Mark. The vast majority of Christians never have read or heard the entire story of the book of Mark. So how can you know what example Jesus needs to be to you.

If Jesus is the example, I have to ask, Why Jesus. Is there not others?
CrazyDragn

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post

Which version of Jesus?

Question! Let's take one version, like Mark. The vast majority of Christians never have read or heard the entire story of the book of Mark. So how can you know what example Jesus needs to be to you.

Yes, there are other Jesus has placed here to lead by example. However, those people follow Jesus so they can lead by example, at least the moral ones.
The first four books of the Bible are there to show the different understanddings that lead to one conclusion. HE IS LORD OF ALL.
Doesn't matter if you believe in Him, He believes in you.

------------------
Notchie to Fast Back Conversion

After Market Steering Wheel Conversion

PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Which version of Jesus?

Asking which version of Jesus is like asking which version of Jonathan do you want to respond to this thread. Do you want "husband Jonathan" ? Do you want "student Jonathan"? Do you want "father Jonathan"? Do you want "neighbor Jonathan"? Do you want "lazy bum around the house in my underwear Jonathan"?

They are all me. I'm not any one of them all day long. I have to be different things to different people and different in different situations. All still me, though.

Jesus is Jesus no matter what He's doing also.

------------------
Jonathan

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007

Jesus is the example because He is the only being to have ever been born, lived, and died without sin. There are no others that I'm aware of who make that claim.

------------------
Jonathan

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007
Oh, and rose from the grave on His own power!! I better mention that before somebody goes off on a tangent.

------------------
Jonathan

Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

Jesus is the example because He is the only being to have ever been born, lived, and died without sin. There are no others that I'm aware of who make that claim.

Why then that most versions (canonized versions) only have Jesus life referenced the day he was born, then nothing for 33 years of his life, then Jesus story resumes only the last year if his life. Who knows if Jesus sinned during those 33-years of his life that were not spoken of (canonized versions).

There are other gospels that speak of Jesus during childhood, where Jesus sinned and even murdered a kid.

Jesus was baptized, so that is when his sins were washed away.

To me, there isn't anything appealing or exciting about Jesus. Not for sure he is a good enough. It is so ambiguous and clouded by doubt, just don't see why God would choose such a unclear and mildly complicated story of a Jewish Preacher. It doesn't feel like something a God would do.

If this story of Jesus and the belief of that story is the work of God and the only way to that God's home and salvation. Dang, I really question the intelligence of such a God. It's not a God I would follow.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Why then that most versions (canonized versions) only have Jesus life referenced the day he was born, then nothing for 33 years of his life, then Jesus story resumes only the last year if his life. Who knows if Jesus sinned during those 33-years of his life that were not spoken of (canonized versions).

There are other gospels that speak of Jesus during childhood, where Jesus sinned and even murdered a kid.

Jesus was baptized, so that is when his sins were washed away.

To me, there isn't anything appealing or exciting about Jesus. Not for sure he is a good enough. It is so ambiguous and clouded by doubt, just don't see why God would choose such a unclear and mildly complicated story of a Jewish Preacher. It doesn't feel like something a God would do.

If this story of Jesus and the belief of that story is the work of God and the only way to that God's home and salvation. Dang, I really question the intelligence of such a God. It's not a God I would follow.

We know Jesus DID NOT sin because Satan had to go to Him personally and tempt Him to sin.

If there is a story of Jesus sinning as a child, it is not a "gospel" and it is a false writing.

Baptisim does not wash away sin. It is a public showing of a commitment to God.

Need an exciting savior? He walked on water. He resisted sin including the direct temptation of Satan. He brought people back from the dead. He healed blind and lame people, He healed lepers, He turned water into wine. He fed multitudes with five loaves and two fish. He stood up to every authority figure of His time. He was beaten until He could bleed no more and was still not dead. He rose from the grave on His own power. He asked for forgivness of those who nailed Him to the cross. He could have called angels down to set Him free from the cross but He CHOSE to stay there until His life was finished.

What more were you looking for?

------------------
Jonathan

Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2013 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

We know Jesus DID NOT sin because Satan had to go to Him personally and tempt Him to sin.

If there is a story of Jesus sinning as a child, it is not a "gospel" and it is a false writing.

Baptisim does not wash away sin. It is a public showing of a commitment to God.

Need an exciting savior? He walked on water. He resisted sin including the direct temptation of Satan. He brought people back from the dead. He healed blind and lame people, He healed lepers, He turned water into wine. He fed multitudes with five loaves and two fish. He stood up to every authority figure of His time. He was beaten until He could bleed no more and was still not dead. He rose from the grave on His own power. He asked for forgivness of those who nailed Him to the cross. He could have called angels down to set Him free from the cross but He CHOSE to stay there until His life was finished.

What more were you looking for?

It's just a story that is made up like many of them are. I can tell you the story of Superman or lets take Buddha for example. The day he was born Buddha he was able to talk and took seven steps. Buddha utter these words the day of his birth:

"I am chief of the world,
Eldest am I in the world,
Foremost am I in the world.
This is the last birth.
There is now no more coming to be."

Buddha also had miracles quite similar to Jesus. He healed people, he walked across water, he turned undrinkable water into clean drinkable water, he saw the future and also went to a deathless state where he left his earthbound body after he had his final meal with his disciples (last supper).

The story of Buddha is quite similar to Jesus, with the only exception is that the story of Buddha was before Jesus.

Besides that point. I have some questions for you.

Question: You speak of Angels. What are Angels? What do they look like? What do you do in heaven when you get there?

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 05-05-2013).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post05-05-2013 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

What do you do in heaven when you get there?

That's easy.
You worship.

Thinking about it like that, it could start to seem like slavery.

Once to are granted entrance to Heaven, can you ever do anything to be kicked out?
Do you have free will in heaven?
Because, if achieving Heaven is still no guarantee to everlasting peace & joy, then all it really is just more hoops to jump through.
For eternity.

The Everlasting Upsale....

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 05-05-2013).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2013 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

That's easy.
You worship.

Thinking about it like that, it could start to seem like slavery.

Once to are granted entrance to Heaven, can you ever do anything to be kicked out?
Do you have free will in heaven?
Because, if achieving Heaven is still no guarantee to everlasting peace & joy, then all it really is just more hoops to jump through.
For eternity.

The Everlasting Upsale....

But you can get there with just your last dying breath. You can go your whole life sinning, then at the last moment, say you believe in Jesus and be at the pearly gates.

Sort of like Jesus's whole life didn't matter much, just the last year towards his death that matter.

"My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?"
CrazyDragn

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2013 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post

It's just a story that is made up like many of them are. I can tell you the story of Superman or lets take Buddha for example. The day he was born Buddha he was able to talk and took seven steps. Buddha utter these words the day of his birth:

"I am chief of the world,
Eldest am I in the world,
Foremost am I in the world.
This is the last birth.
There is now no more coming to be."

Buddha also had miracles quite similar to Jesus. He healed people, he walked across water, he turned undrinkable water into clean drinkable water, he saw the future and also went to a deathless state where he left his earthbound body after he had his final meal with his disciples (last supper).

The story of Buddha is quite similar to Jesus, with the only exception is that the story of Buddha was before Jesus.

Besides that point. I have some questions for you.

Question: You speak of Angels. What are Angels? What do they look like? What do you do in heaven when you get there?

Confucius was before that time too yet he still lays where his heart stopped.

I CAN take you to Buhda's Grave, however - Jesus is not in his.
Matter of fact, all those who claim to be the messiah are all in their graes still to this day - all but ONE.

Budhism and all other forms of religion are just that religion -this is because you have to do things to stay in good standings.
Faith is of Jesus Christ - you do nothing but believe and follow Him in his teachings and turn your ways away from the evil one.

The Greatest trick the Devil ever pulled - was trying to make you think he (the Devil) didn't exist.

If you really read the Bible, then you know of storys when Jesus was a child. Being taught to be a carpenter, and stories of being left behind in the city (as a child) who was "about his Fathers work" teaching to the elders of the church - during the time a census was being taken in bethelham. Also, they were hiding Jesus from Harod.

The Bible was also passed down first hand. You don''t get this just by reading but by researching geneology - the Bible gives you this geneology for a purpose. Adam lived long enough and new Methusela the oldest recorded living human on earth (Noah's Daddy) and I could continue about who new who and how it was passsed down - but I would rather you find these things out by reading the Bible - It's there.

I tell you this thru peacefull thoughts and pray for you my brother.

------------------
Notchie to Fast Back Conversion

After Market Steering Wheel Conversion

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock