Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  ATTENTION ALL CHRISTIANS: Please pray for the salvation of Wichita (Page 8)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
ATTENTION ALL CHRISTIANS: Please pray for the salvation of Wichita by Boostdreamer
Started on: 04-23-2013 09:57 PM
Replies: 566
Last post by: Australian on 05-30-2013 07:09 AM
texasfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kyunderdawg:

Thank you, texas. I will respond later when I'm away from work and have more time. Though we've never met, I have much respect for you..........and your comedic timing ( in other threads ) .

Sometimes.....comedy is the ONLY reasonable response.
IP: Logged
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-30-2013 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85sliverGT:

I can tell you why your getting negs, it's because a lot of people disagree with you and unfortunatly people use the rating system to express that.

Yes, but I found a way to make that null & void; Never negative rate anyone.
That way, you're not part of this problem of "scarlet lettering" someone simply because you don't like what they have to say, despite the fact that you pretend to actually support free speech other then that which you agree with...
It's a dangerous road.

Judging others starts to get good to you, and before you know it gets real easy, real fast.
After awhile, as you peer down from your righteousness-on-high, you may come to realize that it's all been a drug, just like any other drug.
And you've just been getting high on manufactured superiority.

When in fact everything really is just ashes to ashes, & dust to dust.
All the same.

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

There is a way to communicate without sounding like a jackass.

I just thought I'd let you know that, in case you forgot.

Thanks. But please explain how my statement is different from stating a belief in a deity? Just because I don't go to a house of worship to express my belief and because other people generally don't share my belief, why shouldn't my belief in Ford be the only true way to salvation? Why is it any more improbable and/or ridiculous?

And there's a reason I chose Ford: https://en.wikipedia.org/wi...#Fordism_and_society

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 04-30-2013).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Thanks. But please explain how my statement is different from stating a belief in a deity? Just because I don't go to a house of worship to express my belief and because other people generally don't share my belief, why shouldn't my belief in Ford be the only true way to salvation? Why is it any more improbable and/or ridiculous?

And there's a reason I chose Ford: https://en.wikipedia.org/wi...#Fordism_and_society

Because you, them, and I know that you're mocking the belief of something the majority of humans believe in.

I just think it can be done with more poise, and I think you know that too.

If you believe in Ford as a higher power, more power to ya.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Found on road dead

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 04-30-2013).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub: I just think it can be done with more poise, and I think you know that too.

Maybe he's channeling JazzMan?
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

The biggest difference IMO is that I believe you're lying. If you suddenly professed to believe in Jesus, Buddah or any other mainstream deity out of the blue, I'd also think you were lying. You've spent too much time going out of your way to demonstrate that you don't believe life is anything more than a way to keep meat fresh.
Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

The biggest difference IMO is that I believe you're lying. If you suddenly professed to believe in Jesus, Buddah or any other mainstream deity out of the blue, I'd also think you were lying. You've spent too much time going out of your way to demonstrate that you don't believe life is anything more than a way to keep meat fresh.

FWIW, I believe him...as much as I believe anybody else in this thread anyway.

Kevin
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

So this is impossible and you wouldn't believe it....

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

yellowstone

9299 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Because you, them, and I know that you're mocking the belief of something the majority of humans believe in.

So if there were more (how many?) people that shared my belief or if Fordism had a longer history (would less than 200 years like the Mormons be enough?), then it would be good enough to qualify?
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

So if there were more (how many?) people that shared my belief or if Fordism had a longer history (would less than 200 years like the Mormons be enough?), then it would be good enough to qualify?

It has nothing to do with time or popularity. It has to do with the assumption that you are lying about believing in Ford as a higher being that you talk to once in awhile. I stand with what Formula88 said. It is not that you chose a very unpopular thing, it's that you chose anything abruptly and it's the words that you used when describing that belief.

I know you understand what I'm talking about. You aren't stupid, and neither am I. So either you can take what I said and choose to quit mocking a majority of the world that believes in a higher entity, or you can choose to ignore me. I don't really care either way on that. But don't insult my intelligence by twisting what I'm saying and hoping to catch me tripping.
PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

It has nothing to do with time or popularity. It has to do with the assumption that you are lying about believing in Ford as a higher being that you talk to once in awhile. I stand with what Formula88 said. It is not that you chose a very unpopular thing, it's that you chose anything abruptly and it's the words that you used when describing that belief.

I know you understand what I'm talking about. You aren't stupid, and neither am I. So either you can take what I said and choose to quit mocking a majority of the world that believes in a higher entity, or you can choose to ignore me. I don't really care either way on that. But don't insult my intelligence by twisting what I'm saying and hoping to catch me tripping.

You're right and I'm sorry. Seriously. Thanks for the nice exchange of PM's.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kyunderdawg:
Boost,

Sorry if I came off a little harsh. I had minimal time to type a response here at work.

Not harsh at all! Seriously!

------------------
Jonathan

Please join me in prayer that forum member Wichita gives his life to the Lord Jesus.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/100383.html
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/121056.html

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007

Originally posted by texasfiero:
Paul, I'd like to echo your thoughts...

Lots of good stuff in that post! Thanks for taking the time!

------------------
Jonathan

Please join me in prayer that forum member Wichita gives his life to the Lord Jesus.

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Thank you and it was pleasant.

Sorry for the harsh tone.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post
Thank you to everyone who has given me pluses! It feels good to be on the right hand side of the little black mark!

------------------
Jonathan

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007

Yellostone, you seem to be pretty reasonable and you can admit when you may have crossed a line. Would you mind looking at my little logic test and tell me if my conclusion is logical and true?

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:
If I make the statements:

All pencils are yellow.
All pencils are blue.
All pencils are green.
All pencils are different colors.
Some pencils share the same color.

Without assuming anything not stated we cannot CONFIRM any of the statements. What we do know is that if ANY of them are true, only one of them can be true. Agree or disagree? Why?

------------------
Jonathan

Joseph Upson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 05:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

To all Christians on Pennocks,

I have asked forum member Wichita if he would give me permission to pray for him. I also asked for permission to change my signature to include a request for prayer for him. I have asked his permission to start this thread and to ask each of you to pray for his salvation and to add his name to your personal prayer lists as well as your church prayer lists. I wil also be PM'ing him some scriptures from time to time.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/100372.html

Why am I doing this and how did this get started? Very simply because he is one of the most "vocal" members here who takes the stance that there is no God. He also states that prayer has no effect. I hope for his perception of these topics to change drastically. Because he is so opinionated, I believe that if he gives his life to Jesus, he will have a wonderful impact on everyone he comes in contact with. Lord knows you just can't shut him up!!

So, what can you do to help?
1. Join me in remembering him in your prayers by asking that he find Jesus.
2. Contact your church and add him to the prayer list.
3. If you have a favorite scripture that you'd like for him to read, PLEASE PM IT TO ME so that I can forward it to him.
4. Please use this thread to offer encouragement to Wichita. Let him know that he is on your mind and you care about him. Share something that God has done for you. Be positive.

As this thread gets bumped, please let it be a reminder to pray for him. You won't even have to open it to do that. If you have time, I hope that if you do read the messages posted here, you will be blessed by them.

That's a very thoughtful and courageous request to make anywhere now days and I admire you for it and will send up a prayer on his behalf.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Joseph Upson:
That's a very thoughtful and courageous request to make anywhere now days and I admire you for it and will send up a prayer on his behalf.

Joseph, just simply thank you!

------------------
Jonathan

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007
Wichita and Blacktree, I prayed for both of you last night. I will continue to do so.

Have a blessed day!

------------------
Jonathan

Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

So this is impossible and you wouldn't believe it....

It's apparently so impossible the image doesn't even show up.
Or are you asking if I believe in the little red x?
PFF
System Bot
NoMoreRicers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersDirect Link to This Post

Hardy har.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

Works for me. You just go here: http://gardenofpraise.com/images/saul4.jpg
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
The Pentagon says that they will court martial for soldiers for religious proselytization.

Since it is a tenet of Christianity to spread the faith, how does a Christian handle this restriction of their faith if they are members of the military?

http://www.breitbart.com/Bi...hare-Christian-Faith
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

Works for me. You just go here: http://gardenofpraise.com/images/saul4.jpg

Needs the "www"

Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

Taijiguy

12198 posts
Member since Jul 99

Originally posted by Wichita:

The Pentagon says that they will court martial for soldiers for religious proselytization.

Since it is a tenet of Christianity to spread the faith, how does a Christian handle this restriction of their faith if they are members of the military?

http://www.breitbart.com/Bi...hare-Christian-Faith

Military personnel aren't afforded the same rights as civilians. When you enlist you essentially sign away your "rights" in favor of the UCMJ. SO basically they're SOL. Tough crap, so to speak.

[This message has been edited by Taijiguy (edited 05-01-2013).]

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Taijiguy:
Military personnel aren't afforded the same rights as civilians. When you enlist you essentially sign away your "rights" in favor of the UCMJ. SO basically they're SOL. Tough crap, so to speak.

While in Basic Training and AIT, going to Sunday church services was about the only way to get away from Army stuff. It was a welcome break. I hope they don't take that away from current and future soldiers.

------------------
Jonathan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
Ecclesiastes 3:1
User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post05-01-2013 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Taijiguy:

And there is no room for religion in the military. They have a job to do.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Other verses would indicate your life can still be an example.

1 Peter 2:12
Keep your conduct among unbelievers honorable, so that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day of visitation.

1 Timothy 4:12
Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.

Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Other verses would indicate your life can still be an example.

1 Peter 2:12
Keep your conduct among unbelievers honorable, so that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day of visitation.

1 Timothy 4:12
Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.

What if one has an opinion that those who say they follow and are example of the Christian ways are condescending in speech, crass is conduct, selfish in love, hypocritical in faith, and exemplify no purity. What if one believes Christians are evil. What then?

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 05-01-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

What if one has an opinion that those who say they follow and are example of the Christian ways are condescending in speech, crass is conduct, selfish in love, hypocritical in faith, and exemplify no purity. What if one believes Christians are evil. What then?

Reminds me of the famous Gandhi quote:

texasfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post

Base your opinion by judging them in His light, rather than judging Him in their light. "We have ALL sinned....."

Additionally, when I'm called for accounting, I'll only be accountable for my reaction to God's word.

Pilate asked the most important question in all of history. Matt. 27:22 Pilate said to them, “Then what shall I do with Jesus who is called Christ?” They all said, “Let him be crucified!” 23 And he said, “Why, what evil has he done?” But they shouted all the more, “Let him be crucified!”

EACH of us must answer that question, without regard for how those around us live their lives.

Did I accept His perfect gift for forgiveness and live accordingly. Did I husband my family and lead my children to Jesus as Savior? Did I exhibit the traits of Jesus' example?

We won't be judged for their failings.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by texasfiero:

Base your opinion by judging them in His light, rather than judging Him in their light. "We have ALL sinned....."

Additionally, when I'm called for accounting, I'll only be accountable for my reaction to God's word.

Pilate asked the most important question in all of history. Matt. 27:22 Pilate said to them, “Then what shall I do with Jesus who is called Christ?” They all said, “Let him be crucified!” 23 And he said, “Why, what evil has he done?” But they shouted all the more, “Let him be crucified!”

EACH of us must answer that question, without regard for how those around us live their lives.

Did I accept His perfect gift for forgiveness and live accordingly. Did I husband my family and lead my children to Jesus as Savior? Did I exhibit the traits of Jesus' example?

We won't be judged for their failings.

To be honest. I have know idea what you are saying. Can you clarify?
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post

Judging from the things you've said, your opinion of Christians and their beliefs is pretty low. If we only look at the lives of some, it is understandable.

However, there are many Christians who live exemplary lives, sharing the Gospel, and doing their best to live by it. You see their work around the world, helping the needy without regard for race, living conditions, health conditions, and even without regard for their very lives, and yet they still go and serve. They are living examples of what Jesus taught. Judging them by the same standards as those who have failed or disobeyed their calling isn't just.

I simply ask that you, and others who exhibit such hatred for Christians, examine the example that Jesus set. Examine his life, and then judge those people in that light.

Don't reject the Gospel message, to your own peril, based upon what they do. You, nor I, will be held to account for their wrong doing. That judgment will fall upon them.

What will YOU do with this man called Jesus? Are you rejecting Him based upon the failures of those who claim to be followers? You are only responsible for YOUR own decision and how YOU live your life.

You've said you have extensive knowledge of the Bible and have experienced 'church'. Have you turned from God, blaming others for your decision?

[This message has been edited by texasfiero (edited 05-01-2013).]

NoMoreRicers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersDirect Link to This Post
This is completely inappropriate, not safe for work, and not related, do not click here.

Click to show
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by User00013170:
And there is no room for religion in the military. They have a job to do.

I was a full time soldier for four years including participation in Desert Storm with the Big Red One. There was plenty of room for religion. In fact several of my platoon members became conscientious objectors. They didn't get in trouble for it and nobody gave them any crap about it. Our mission was executed without a problem.

------------------
Jonathan

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007

The short easy answer is Jesus is the example. Follow His examples and teachings, not those of men.

I'd rather you judge me on what you personally know about me rather than what somebody else says about me.

------------------
Jonathan

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by User00013170: And there is no room for religion in the military. They have a job to do.

As a former US Army soldier, I can say with confidence that your statement is false. Every major military base (at least every one I've been to) will have at least one house of worship, staffed by military chaplains. Yes, the military has clergymen on their payroll.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wik...s_military_chaplains
TK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
I have not served but from everything I've learned from my family and friends that have over the years, it's pretty much "required".
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock