Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  ATTENTION ALL CHRISTIANS: Please pray for the salvation of Wichita (Page 11)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
ATTENTION ALL CHRISTIANS: Please pray for the salvation of Wichita by Boostdreamer
Started on: 04-23-2013 09:57 PM
Replies: 566
Last post by: Australian on 05-30-2013 07:09 AM
ray b

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

So you say that Heaven doesn't exist, religion/faith is superstition, and Christianity is boring. So why do you go to the trouble to ask that no one prays for you? Afraid you might be wrong?

Next question, I've noticed this boring thread certainly has gotten your attention. Why are you not only READING a boring Christian discussion but POSTING IN IT? How strange!

Can you please explain for the group why you feel an uncontrolable urge to convince people that something DOESN'T EXIST? I can imagine you at Wal-Mart just before Easter! Do you go up and down the isles shouting "THERE IS NO EASTER BUNNY!! THERE IS NO EASTER BUNNY!!" as I picture you do? Why not? Isn't that also superstition? Don't you care about kids?

no I can't imagine me at a wal-mart

and what does eoster's bunny have to do with christians and their quaint belief in zombie savers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eostre

and yes I care about kids as I would ban teaching this christian BS to anyone under age 21
as I see it as child abuse
you may have a right to believe foolish things
but I see a strong need to protect children from your delusions of hell and damnation
and all the other phantasy of goat herders your cults wish to inflict on them
IP: Logged
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

Not only that, but the Kangaroo and the American Bison for example. So Noah would have had to go get these animals from America and Australia and put then on a boat for 40-days and nights and then when the flood water receded, then Noah and family would have to go and put these animals back to their place in America and Australia.

America and Australia didn't exist until they were discovered.

There is too much scientific evidence that areas that would have been totally destroyed that appear to be untouched by any evidence of a flood, even going back to hundreds of thousands of years. The ice core samples also show no evidence of a global flood.

There is evidence of a regional Flood.

If Jesus says that anger is a sin, but Jesus himself showed anger at the money changers at the temple and even at his own disciples, so Jesus sinned. Jesus even mentioned that any person without sin may cast the stones, but Jesus didn't cast the stones because he I assume was with sin. Jesus was so mad at Peter one day that he even called him Satan himself. Clearly Peter wasn't Satan, so why did Jesus call him such a harsh name. Was it the drink that did it?

I don't think Anger is a SIN.....Thou shall NOT get angry...LOL

I have no idea how believers find sense in all of this. Especially since most of you haven't even read the Bible. So what compels you to really believe and have so much faith? What is it that triggers it? Is there like one passage from the Bible or just the story itself of Jesus? I can't seem to figure it out.

It is a Legendary Story grown from the facts of a local Flood that is NOT meant to be taken literally because it DID NOT happen like the story in the Bible depicts. Noah's family DID NOT repopulate the whole earth. They had a history channel documentary about it that applies the science to the legendary story. I am a Christian but I don't believe the hype. Most religions doctrine blind faith as a requirement to inclusion but as an independent thinker that is just plain silly to me.

I have Faith and I believe in miracles but....A wise man once said...If it sounds too good to be true...
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post
The Bible does not say dionsaurs never existed. If man and dinosaurs lived at the same time, which I believe they must have because of the timeline the Bible suggests they could have been hunted to extinction by then. Also, in the days of the dinosaur, before the flood, the earth was enveloped in an outer atmosphere that had a high concentration of water called the firmament. The firmament's existance at that time may have held the air in a tighter consentration and pressure that allowed the dinosaurs to grow so large and also for men to live so long. After it came down as rain, some say the first rain, but I don't know if that's right, the dinosaurs would not be able to exchange oxygen fast enough to survive. If they had been on the ark, could they have been still in their eggs? Could they have been hatchlings? Could the same be true for all the other animals? Paintings depict them as being full grown adult animals but that is pure speculation on the artist's part.

Noah did not have to travel overseas to collect the animals. The Bible tells us that the animals were SENT to him. Did they have to cross an ocean? Were kangaroos in Australia before the flood? Just because they are there now does not mean that is where they were before the flood. Was there such a place as Austrailia before the flood? Are there any texts that document the existance of other continents at that time? Perhaps the flood is how Austrailia became "separated" from Asia. Perhaps the flood is the source of the oceans. Can it be proven either way?

As for sea life. The prehistoric sea life that does not exist might have died out because of the change in salinity after the rain fell.

The ice core samples - how would they show evidence of a global flood? How would flood water penetrate the ice to leave a record? Who's research says there is no evidence of a flood in the ice core? How do we know they are honest? Canada is currently going through a period where scientists are under pressure to make their conclusions back up "conventional" theories. There are people in ALL professions who not only do not want to promote Christianity, want to suppress it. Could any of them be invloved in the ice core research? Is there any way to prove they are not?

God laid down the rules in the very beginning. If you do this...you will die. If it is God's world, He gets to write the rules. If someone wants to live in His world, they have the choice to break the rules and pay the consequences. Do not blame God for their choice to tempt fate, so to speak. It is not God's will for anyone to die. He has provided a way to avoid that. All we have to do is follow that plan. Once again, we have the choice to do our own thing. Just like breaking the rules or laws of this country, there are penalties. Do not blame the state for killing the murderer.

God did not kill the people of the Holocaust. Nazis did. Were they on a mission from God? No. As I said before, it is not God's will for any of us to die. Does that mean He will jump in and push his children to opposite sides of the room until they cool off every time? No! Just like kids, sometimes you just gotta let them fight it out.

Reading the Bible is not a prerequsite to becoming a Christian. It is not required to have faith. It is not required to experience the blessings of God or the gift of salvation from Jesus. That is why a death bed confession can work. If reading the Bible was a condition of salvation, men could boast that they were saved by their reading of the Bible. In other words, WORKS. How do people develop faith? When does it happen? I doubt anyone can pinpoint a time when they started believing. They might be able to tell you when they prayed for salvation but belief generally comes before that. Then conviction, then the prayer for salvation.

I guess you just have to live it. Maybe it is like two kids who wake up one morning and decide they want to go get married and be a happily married couple. It doesn't work that way. Being happy on your wedding day doesn't make you a happily married couple. Deciding to be one doesn't make you one. You have to live in the marriage and experience the marriage and work at making the marriage a good and happy one. One day when you look back, you'll be able to decide if you've had a happy marriage or not. That may describe how I became a Christian. I was brought up in it and I saw the Christian lifestyle around me. I went through periods of dis-belief but those were always conqured. Not by me putting my foot down and proclaiming to have faith from here on out! No, God knows how to handle things like that and He always brought me back in His way. Can belief and faith come in different ways for different people? I don't see why not. Everyone's experience is different from any other person.

------------------
Jonathan

Please join me in prayer that forum member Wichita gives his life to the Lord Jesus.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/100383.html
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/121056.html

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

The Bible does not say dionsaurs never existed. If man and dinosaurs lived at the same time, which I believe they must have because of the timeline the Bible suggests they could have been hunted to extinction by then. Also, in the days of the dinosaur, before the flood, the earth was enveloped in an outer atmosphere that had a high concentration of water called the firmament. The firmament's existance at that time may have held the air in a tighter consentration and pressure that allowed the dinosaurs to grow so large and also for men to live so long. After it came down as rain, some say the first rain, but I don't know if that's right, the dinosaurs would not be able to exchange oxygen fast enough to survive. If they had been on the ark, could they have been still in their eggs? Could they have been hatchlings? Could the same be true for all the other animals? Paintings depict them as being full grown adult animals but that is pure speculation on the artist's part.

So, why are there no human remains found at the same sediment level as dinosaurs? Why are dinosaur remains fossilized, yet, anything from the time of humans is not? Why did early humans not use dinosaur bones for tools (where as they use other animal bones)?

The most simple answer is that those who wrote the "biblical" scrolls did not know about dinosaurs and therefore could not account for them in their writings (or from the verbal stories that were passed down).
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post

The Bible does not say dionsaurs never existed. If man and dinosaurs lived at the same time, which I believe they must have ...

Of course they existed. They're in the museum, aren't they?

www.creationmuseum.org
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

no I can't imagine me at a wal-mart

and what does eoster's bunny have to do with christians and their quaint belief in zombie savers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eostre

and yes I care about kids as I would ban teaching this christian BS to anyone under age 21
as I see it as child abuse
you may have a right to believe foolish things
but I see a strong need to protect children from your delusions of hell and damnation
and all the other phantasy of goat herders your cults wish to inflict on them

What does the Easter Bunny have to do with it? Simple. You spend a great deal of time trying to convince everyone that God does not exist. Why do you stop at the concept of God? Why do you not devote equal time to telling people that the Easter Bunny doesn't exist? How about Bigfoot? Do you post on Bigfoot forums about how dumb they are? Do you bust into Dungeons and Dragons conventions and tell those people how stupid it is to believe in trolls, goblins, fairies, elves, etc?

Why so much effort on God and not the others? Don't they all, according to you, equally non-exist? Or is there some way that God is MORE non-existant than elves?

You missed my question of why do you bother reading and posting in a boring old Christian thread when there are so many more exciting things to explore? The thread was clearly marked as a religious topic and the title clearly calls for Christians to participate. There is no mention of debate or requests for differing opinions.

Please state the nature of the abuse that is suffered by those who have been taught Christianity as a child? What have they been deprived of? Why do children need to be protected from a delusion of Hell? What about horror films that show a rendering of Hell? Ban those movies?

Goat herders are not a phantasy or a fantasy. Goat herders are real! REAL, I TELL YOU!! REAL!!

------------------
Jonathan

Please join me in prayer that forum member Wichita gives his life to the Lord Jesus.

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

So, why are there no human remains found at the same sediment level as dinosaurs? Why are dinosaur remains fossilized, yet, anything from the time of humans is not? Why did early humans not use dinosaur bones for tools (where as they use other animal bones)?

The most simple answer is that those who wrote the "biblical" scrolls did not know about dinosaurs and therefore could not account for them in their writings (or from the verbal stories that were passed down).

I'd be happy to try to answer that but first, quid pro quo, my friend, I've been waiting on answers from you.

You stated a definative "YES" your rights were damaged by someone praying for you. You are not answering the question. Please, give a definative example of how your rights have been damaged and the result of that damage.

You said that your rights had been infringed on. That is not a matter of "belief"! You made a statement that there was a cause and effect but you have yet to cite an example.

Let's pretend I'm a small child in your "Sunday school" or what ever you call the learning system of your belief for children. Please regale me with the tale of the time your rights were infringed upon by an unwanted prayer.

------------------
Jonathan

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007

Originally posted by css9450:

Of course they existed. They're in the museum, aren't they?

www.creationmuseum.org

Job 40:15-24

------------------
Jonathan

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

I'd be happy to try to answer that but first, quid pro quo, my friend, I've been waiting on answers from you.

Ah... I answered you, but since you don't believe in other supreme beings, you will not accept my answer. Until you realize that there may be other (equal) gods, you will never understand how your prays could impact others.

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

jaskispyder

21510 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Elephant
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Ah... I answered you, but since you don't believe in other supreme beings, you will not accept my answer. Until you realize that there may be other (equal) gods, you will never understand how your prays could impact others.

I have no problem at all basing the continuation of this discussion on the hypothetical existance of other gods. So, that being finally straightened out...

Let's pretend I'm a small child in your "Sunday school" or what ever you call the learning system of your belief for children. Please regale me with the tale of the time your rights were infringed upon by an unwanted prayer.

By the way, what belief system is it that you belong to? I know you are not Christian but you never said what you were. Maybe that would be helpful.

------------------
Jonathan

PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007

Elephant

Elephants move their tails like a cedar? I've never seen an elephant like that. The only ones I know of are African and Indian elephants. Both of them have scrawny tails. What kind of elephant are you thinking of?

------------------
Jonathan

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

Elephants move their tails like a cedar? I've never seen an elephant like that. The only ones I know of are African and Indian elephants. Both of them have scrawny tails. What kind of elephant are you thinking of?

Out of the whole thing of aligning this to the existence of dinosaurs in the bible... you discount elephant because of a translated word, "cedar" in a book written from stories passed on generation to generation? Every time I tell the story about the fish I caught....
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

What Job was describing was mythological chaos monsters that only God could capture the Behemoth and Leviathan. These were mythological creatures that were also present in many other forms of literature. The reason for the passage was to ensure Job that God had the power to defeat the devil. If God was so powerful to capture the Behemoth by pulling the ring of his nose, then surely he can defeat the devil. Because these mythological creatures were the images of Satan.

The Kraken!

The passage is no reference to dinosaurs or it would have been referenced in the story of Creation.

But since the Bible isn't needed to be a Christian, then it doesn't matter. We can throw the Bible away.

How then does one become a Christian if the Bible isn't required to be read or heard?
(Remember that Christianity didn't exist in the Old Testament, you had to be a Jew to be in heaven, not Christian)

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

I have no problem at all basing the continuation of this discussion on the hypothetical existance of other gods. So, that being finally straightened out...

Ah... covered. .... to make it into a story.....

My god doesn't like you claiming my soul for another god. My god will punish me (in the afterlife) for allowing you to pray for me. It is my soul, not yours to do with what you wish. My god is a possessive god and my soul must be unspoiled to be accepted into the afterlife. By praying for my soul, you are telling your god to open my soul him and if does so (as a god, he can), then my afterlife is gone.

...What if I worshiped Zeus, and a Christian prayed for me. Zeus might find that offensive and hold it against me....

By the way, what belief system is it that you belong to? I know you are not Christian but you never said what you were. Maybe that would be helpful.

It wouldn't be. Plus you are wrong.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

jaskispyder

21510 posts
Member since Jun 2002

The Kraken!

Release the Kraken! (sorry... just had to do it)
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

What Job was describing was mythological chaos monsters that only God could capture the Behemoth and Leviathan. These were mythological creatures that were also present in many other forms of literature. The reason for the passage was to ensure Job that God had the power to defeat the devil. If God was so powerful to capture the Behemoth by pulling the ring of his nose, then surely he can defeat the devil. Because these mythological creatures were the images of Satan.

The Kraken!

The passage is no reference to dinosaurs or it would have been referenced in the story of Creation.

But since the Bible isn't needed to be a Christian, then it doesn't matter. We can throw the Bible away.

How then does one become a Christian if the Bible isn't required to be read or heard?
(Remember that Christianity didn't exist in the Old Testament, you had to be a Jew to be in heaven, not Christian)

The word dinosaur wasn't envented until the mid 1800's. Dragon tales are prevalent in many parts of the world. Maybe they are all the same thing. You mentioned about 10,000 types of animals. How many of them were mentioned in the story of creation? Are the ones not specifically not mentioned just imaginary?

In the referenced passage of Job, Job is not the one speaking. God is. God is telling Job to observe or to ponder on the animal. God would not be speaking about man's myths to prove His power. Whatever kind of animal it was, it was real, as was leviathan. Could it have been a Humboldt squid? I don't know what it was.

I never said the Bible wasn't needed. I said it wasn't a prerequsite.

Reading the Bible is not a prerequsite to becoming a Christian. It is not required to have faith. It is not required to experience the blessings of God or the gift of salvation from Jesus.

It is necessary in the growth of the Christian. It tells us the things that God wants us to know. If we want to know what God wants us to know, it is there for us.

------------------
Jonathan

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007

It wouldn't be. Plus you are wrong.

I am a Christian so if I pray for you, it would be to the God of Christianity for lack of a better way of saying it. You claim if I prayed for YOU, then you would be damaged by that prayer. You have also stated that YOU HAVE BEEN DAMAGED by unwanted prayer. Then logically, this is a confession that you are not a Christian since this is not the way it works in Christianity.

You have chosen to not tell us what religion you ARE a part of. This also goes against Christian teachings so this is another confirmation that you are not a Christian. You are not proud enough of your faith to disclose it. You are afraid your god will lose control of your soul. Why shouldn't he throw it away on purpose? You're not proud enough of him to even admit that you follow him?

Or is it that you are SOOO intellectual that you have created your own personal designer religion? Your rules, your beliefs, you can change them when you wish, you can say they are too secret to disclose to "infidels". Blah, blah, blah. Everyone on this forum can disagree with me, call me delusional, or a fool but at least I have the courage to say what's on my mind. There are many more on here that will not. I can tell you what I believe and why I believe it. I have tried my best to honestly, completely, and openly to answer EVERY question posted here. Who else can say the same?

Please forgive me if I ignore your questions in the future since you cannot keep up your half of the conversation.

------------------
Jonathan

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

In the referenced passage of Job, Job is not the one speaking. God is. God is telling Job to observe or to ponder on the animal. God would not be speaking about man's myths to prove His power. Whatever kind of animal it was, it was real, as was leviathan. Could it have been a Humboldt squid? I don't know what it was.

I didn't say Job was the one speaking, although it was written in the book of Job so somebody had to write it down so they were describing what God said. I did say that it was God telling Job that he can capture these mythological beast. So where was I wrong?

Anyways, these beasts were from the time before creation, that is why they are mythological. They were singular not plural either.

Just like any of the mythological creatures that are suppose to spring up from the bowels of the earth to destroy mankind (yet again) in Revelations.

Until I see the seven headed, ten horned, ten crowned, which looks like a leopard, with feet like a bear and a mouth like a lion then maybe I might have to fall to my knees and pray to Jesus to save me.

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post
Do what you gotta do. So will I.

------------------
Jonathan

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

you cannot keep up your half of the conversation.

huh? ok

PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post05-06-2013 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

but at least I have the courage to say what's on my mind. I have tried my best to honestly, completely, and openly to answer EVERY question posted here. Who else can say the same?

Please forgive me if I ignore your questions in the future since you cannot keep up your half of the conversation.

That right there is why I won't buy into religion.
The "I'm a better-then, martyr, more understanding-humble-smarter, my way is the truth, etc. etc. etc." mentality.
All the while professing to being open & accepting enough to grant others the right to be ignorant, or misled.

Spirituality?
Private, personal.
Yes.

Religion?
Vocal, invasive.
No.

Proverbs 16:18: "Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall."
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

What does the Easter Bunny have to do with it? Simple. You spend a great deal of time trying to convince everyone that God does not exist. Why do you stop at the concept of God? Why do you not devote equal time to telling people that the Easter Bunny doesn't exist? How about Bigfoot? Do you post on Bigfoot forums about how dumb they are? Do you bust into Dungeons and Dragons conventions and tell those people how stupid it is to believe in trolls, goblins, fairies, elves, etc?

Why so much effort on God and not the others? Don't they all, according to you, equally non-exist? Or is there some way that God is MORE non-existant than elves?

You missed my question of why do you bother reading and posting in a boring old Christian thread when there are so many more exciting things to explore? The thread was clearly marked as a religious topic and the title clearly calls for Christians to participate. There is no mention of debate or requests for differing opinions.

Please state the nature of the abuse that is suffered by those who have been taught Christianity as a child? What have they been deprived of? Why do children need to be protected from a delusion of Hell? What about horror films that show a rendering of Hell? Ban those movies?

Goat herders are not a phantasy or a fantasy. Goat herders are real! REAL, I TELL YOU!! REAL!!

SO MUCH BACKWARD THINKING LETS ANSWER BACKWARDS TOO

yes goat herders are real their phantasy or a fantasy of a god who favors them are NOT REAL

GODFEARERS INSTILL THE FEAR OF A NON-EXISTENT GOD IN CHILDREN
GODFEARERS WANT TO END ALL LIFE ON EARTH AND MAKE EARTH PASS AWAY
that alone is a reason to ban teaching children this BS

YOU DONOT GET EXCLUSIVE CONTROL OF WHO POSTS WHAT WHEN AND WHERE
THAT IS CALL CENSORSHIP AND THERE IS A LONG UGLY HISTORY OF CHRISTIAN CENSORSHIP

FEW D&D FANS WANT TO ENACT LAWS TO PROTECT ELVES OR THE BELIEF IN ELVISH WAYS AS NATIONAL LAW
SADLY CHRISTIAN HAVE A LONG HISTORY OF WANTING AND PAYING FOR SUCH LAWS THAT FAVOR THEIR RELIGION OVER OTHER BELIEFS
AS D&D FAN UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE IN A PHANTASY GAME AND A REAL GOVERNMENT NEED IN LAWS
CHRISTIANS DO NOT AND IN FACT SOME SEE D&D FANS AS TOOLS OF SATAN AND WOULD LIKE TO OUTLAW D&D

IT IS NOT EASTER'S BUNNY
THE BUNNY WAS A SYMBOL OF THE GERMAN GODDESS EOSTRE
CHRISTIANS STOLE THE BUNNY

FREE EOSTRE'S BUNNY

[This message has been edited by ray b (edited 05-06-2013).]

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

The "I'm a better-then, martyr, more understanding-humble-smarter, my way is the truth, etc. etc. etc." mentality.
All the while professing to being open & accepting enough to grant others the right to be ignorant, or misled.

Spirituality?
Private, personal.
Yes.

Religion?
Vocal, invasive.
No.

Proverbs 16:18: "Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall."

Treat me like a punching bag and it's no surprise that I can talk like one. Here I'm held to a higher standard. I'm still human. I get frustrated with all the attacks and my answers are unappreciated and my questions go ignored. You don't like words being put into your mouth. I'd appreciate the same consideration.

Edit to add it took 11 pages of trying to very carefully word my answers before someone got the chance to point fingers and cry "better, smarter, martyr!" Thanks for all your understanding and tolerance.

------------------
Jonathan

[/URL]

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 05-06-2013).]

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007

Originally posted by ray b:

SO MUCH BACKWARD THINKING LETS ANSWER BACKWARDS TOO

yes goat herders are real their phantasy or a fantasy of a god who favors them are NOT REAL

GODFEARERS INSTILL THE FEAR OF A NON-EXISTENT GOD IN CHILDREN
GODFEARERS WANT TO END ALL LIFE ON EARTH AND MAKE EARTH PASS AWAY
that alone is a reason to ban teaching children this BS

YOU DONOT GET EXCLUSIVE CONTROL OF WHO POSTS WHAT WHEN AND WHERE
THAT IS CALL CENSORSHIP AND THERE IS A LONG UGLY HISTORY OF CHRISTIAN CENSORSHIP

FEW D&D FANS WANT TO ENACT LAWS TO PROTECT ELVES OR THE BELIEF IN ELVISH WAYS AS NATIONAL LAW
SADLY CHRISTIAN HAVE A LONG HISTORY OF WANTING AND PAYING FOR SUCH LAWS THAT FAVOR THEIR RELIGION OVER OTHER BELIEFS
AS D&D FAN UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE IN A PHANTASY GAME AND A REAL GOVERNMENT NEED IN LAWS
CHRISTIANS DO NOT AND IN FACT SOME SEE D&D FANS AS TOOLS OF SATAN AND WOULD LIKE TO OUTLAW D&D

IT IS NOT EASTER'S BUNNY
THE BUNNY WAS A SYMBOL OF THE GERMAN GODDESS EOSTRE
CHRISTIANS STOLE THE BUNNY

FREE EOSTRE'S BUNNY

rayb, I didn't ask you to read this or to post here. You are free to do either. You are very upset about something. I'm not sure what. Am I using too much of your bandwith? I have not asked for any laws to be passed, I have not asked anyone to believe what I believe. I have not told anyone to not believe what they believe. I have not asked anyone to stop whatever rituals are important to them.

Somehow, it is very disturbing that I have wished good things for Wichita. People are very upset about it. All I want is for him to not go to Hell. Is that such a terrible thing to want for another person?

Christians didn't steal the Easter Bunny, advertisers did. There's no mention of a bunny in my Bible.

What's the chances you'll go preach your hate somewhere else?

------------------
Jonathan

[/URL]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-06-2013 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

1. Here I'm held to a higher standard. I'm still human.
2. I get frustrated with all the attacks and my answers are unappreciated and my questions go ignored.
3. You don't like words being put into your mouth. I'd appreciate the same consideration.

1. I don't hold you or anyone else up to any standard other then the one they profess.
2. I didn't attack you, I didn't ignore your questions to me, and I don't really know how to respond to "My answers are unappreciated...".
3. I didn't say you said anything. I only compared your stated attitude as the reason I can't buy into religion.

I was not trying to insult your intelligence in relation to your beliefs.
That's not who I am.

If what I wrote hurt you in any way, I sincerely apologize.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 05-06-2013).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

, my way is the truth, etc. etc. etc." mentality.

I agree with you about pride being a negative.
Though its alot of perception understanding and misinderstanding, we probably dont really know eachothers hearts.
The other side of it is:
If one doesnt think what they believe is right, or is truth, then why do they believe it?

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted :

1. I don't hold you or anyone else up to any standard other then the one they profess.
2. I didn't attack you, I didn't ignore your questions to me, and I don't really know how to respond to "My answers are unappreciated...".
3. I didn't say you said anything. I only compared your stated attitude as the reason I can't buy into religion.

I agree with you about pride being a negative.

What standard did I profess? Who have I set a standard for?

Originally posted :

This was posted under my quote so I have to assume it is credited to me. I would call this an attack. You sure didn't take the time to say, "hey, it seems like this, am I reading it wrong?"

Originally posted :

I only compared your stated attitude as the reason I can't buy into religion.

What stated attitued? Are you talking about a general all-encompassing attitude or only a particular attitude toward one thing? Did you ask for further clarification? Did you put words in my mouth? Yes you did.

"I'm a better-then, martyr, more understanding-humble-smarter, my way is the truth, etc. etc. etc."

It has quotations. It was in response to something I wrote but I never wrote that. Did you put words in my mouth? Yes you did.

I don't understand where pride is found in my responses. Why is it considered pride to say what I believe? If that is so, is it not also pridefull for others to say "I don't believe"? Is it not also pridefull for others to say "I believe something else"? Where is the outrage for those comments? Why is it only wrong for Christians to profess their faith? Especially when it is all about wanting something for someone else. Show me the selfishness! Show me the pride!

...Never mind. I'll show YOU the pride. I AM PROUD TO BE A CHRISTIAN. I WILL TELL EVERYONE HERE THAT I'M A CHRISTIAN. I AM NOT ASHAMED OF MY FAITH. I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT OR WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT IT.

I HAVE NOT been pridefull about what I've done as a person. I have only stated what I've experienced. I am not pridefull that I "chose" to be a Christian. I am appreciative of it. Yes I have done my best to answer questions. Yes my questions have gone ignored. Who here has said to me, "Thank you for answering my question"? Have I been shown respect or have most of the posts been condescending?

Have I whined and cried about it? NO. I have done my best to ignore the attitudes and go right along answering the questions just as if they were sincere. I'm not a fool. I know when they're not. Thanks to this thread, I know what trolls are.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistDirect Link to This Post

Until I see the seven headed, ten horned, ten crowned, which looks like a leopard, with feet like a bear and a mouth like a lion then maybe I might have to fall to my knees and pray to Jesus to save me.

skip to 2:08

RUN AWAY RUN AWAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 05-06-2013).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-06-2013 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

What stated attitued? Are you talking about a general all-encompassing attitude or only a particular attitude toward one thing? Did you ask for further clarification? Did you put words in my mouth? Yes you did.

"I'm a better-then, martyr, more understanding-humble-smarter, my way is the truth, etc. etc. etc."

It has quotations. It was in response to something I wrote but I never wrote that. Did you put words in my mouth? Yes you did.

I don't understand where pride is found in my responses. Why is it considered pride to say what I believe? If that is so, is it not also pridefull for others to say "I don't believe"? Is it not also pridefull for others to say "I believe something else"? Where is the outrage for those comments? Why is it only wrong for Christians to profess their faith? Especially when it is all about wanting something for someone else. Show me the selfishness! Show me the pride!

...Never mind. I'll show YOU the pride. I AM PROUD TO BE A CHRISTIAN. I WILL TELL EVERYONE HERE THAT I'M A CHRISTIAN. I AM NOT ASHAMED OF MY FAITH. I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT OR WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT IT.

I HAVE NOT been pridefull about what I've done as a person. I have only stated what I've experienced. I am not pridefull that I "chose" to be a Christian. I am appreciative of it. Yes I have done my best to answer questions. Yes my questions have gone ignored. Who here has said to me, "Thank you for answering my question"? Have I been shown respect or have most of the posts been condescending?

Have I whined and cried about it? NO. I have done my best to ignore the attitudes and go right along answering the questions just as if they were sincere. I'm not a fool. I know when they're not. Thanks to this thread, I know what trolls are.

I said I apologize if I hurt you.
Imagine my surprise that you skip right over that part and concentrate your response to once again all about you.
And there's that pride.
You're misunderstood, you're attacked, you're unappreciated, you're accused, you're disrespected, you're mistreated.

You turned a conversation about religion into a conversation about you.
That pride.
I was not talking about you, I was talking about attitudes like the one that you displayed.

I apologized.
You refused to acknowledge even the effort.

I have done my best to make amends.
Have you?
firstfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 172
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post
damn it... I knew sooner or later I would read something Rayb posted and agree and it's happened.

Religion=business Whether you realize is or not youve been instilled with a fear of the unknown aka what happens when this dance is over and it's time to take your dirt nap. In comes religion to promise you if you come and prey to god and just believe there stories and of course tithe then you'll have a wonderful after life and the suckers fall for it over and over.

Do I believe in god ..I don't know. I sure would like to believe that this isn't all one big accident.

Do I believe in some book that was passed word of mouth for centuries to be total truth..hell no. Hell you can't tell a story in the morning at work without it being blown out of proportion by lunch. Just imagine what happened when it was being passed by word of mouth for that period of time.

Guess I was a mormon for far to long to not see through religion's bullshit.
PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by firstfiero:

Guess I was a mormon for far to long to not see through religion's bullshit.

You supposedly just need to to choose the right god and the right religion to go along with it.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

yellowstone

9299 posts
Member since Jun 2003

If man and dinosaurs lived at the same time, which I believe they must have because of the timeline the Bible suggests they could have been hunted to extinction by then. Also, in the days of the dinosaur, before the flood, the earth was enveloped in an outer atmosphere that had a high concentration of water called the firmament. The firmament's existance at that time may have held the air in a tighter consentration and pressure that allowed the dinosaurs to grow so large and also for men to live so long. After it came down as rain, some say the first rain, but I don't know if that's right, the dinosaurs would not be able to exchange oxygen fast enough to survive. If they had been on the ark, could they have been still in their eggs? Could they have been hatchlings? Could the same be true for all the other animals? Paintings depict them as being full grown adult animals but that is pure speculation on the artist's part.

Wow, just wow...! I knew that people who believe what you believe existed but I've never actually "met" one before. Even my Christian friends don't believe that. I'm flabbergasted!

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

I said I apologize if I hurt you.
Imagine my surprise that you skip right over that part and concentrate your response to once again all about you.
And there's that pride.
You're misunderstood, you're attacked, you're unappreciated, you're accused, you're disrespected, you're mistreated.

You turned a conversation about religion into a conversation about you.
That pride.
I was not talking about you, I was talking about attitudes like the one that you displayed.

I apologized.
You refused to acknowledge even the effort.

I have done my best to make amends.
Have you?

You apologized when it seemed you didn’t know what for. I wanted you to know and understand where I was coming from. If you say it was unintentional, I accept that.

Once again, this has nothing to do with pride. Almost every single question and answer posted here has been directed at me and my personal experience and beliefs. I did not ask for it to be that way. I do not like it this way so I’m certainly not prideful about it.

You brought up the attitude thing again. I’m still not getting what you’re talking about. Please cite the quotes that display my attitude. And I would still like to know which attitude you’re talking about. My general all-encompassing attitude, shown throughout this thread, or was it something very specific?

This thread was NEVER supposed to be a religious conversation. It was only meant to be positive messages to Wichita from Christians. Was that plan prideful?

From page 3:

I chose this as a place to collect encouraging messages for Wichita. Please see my original post if you have any doubt. I don't understand why this had to be turned into another debate about who belives what. Did we REALLY need another one of those threads? This is a rhetorical question. Please don't answer.

I would appreciate it if everyone from here forward would respect the original intention of this thread. If anyone has a problem with the intent of this thread or my intentions to care about someone, please feel free to PM me.

Apparently we cannot have a Christian thread here. As my Mom would say, "This is why we can't have nice things!"

It is my understanding that "the greater portion of participating formum members" would like this to be a thread about what I believe, what I mean by my posts, and an outlet for everyone who wants to make fun of whatever. I suppose I'll oblige you.

Please bear with me while I go back and try to pick up your questions. I don't have all the answers but I'll do my best and let you know when you've stumped me. Please, everyone continue to read this thread. Who knows, maybe it will have a bigger impact than was ever planned.

When did I refuse to acknowledge your apology? This is only my second post since yours. Jumping the gun a little aren’t you? The fact is I don’t refuse your apology, I accept it. Yours is one of the few I’ll be getting. If I want any, I’d better take them or shut up.

Sorry if I hurt YOUR feelings. Today is my diet's low calorie intake day. I have been grumpy.

------------------
Jonathan

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
We interrupt this thread for a comedic moment.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-06-2013 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Today is my diet's low calorie intake day. I have been grumpy.

Me too.
But in 3 months i'm down from 275 to 238.
I'll take grumpy.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2013 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Just FYI, one mating pair is not enough to repopulate a species... at least, not for complex organisms. There would be a LOT of in-breeding, which would completely wreck the gene pool. With stuff like bacteria and algae, you could probably get away with it. But for birds, reptiles, mammals, etc... not a chance.

But it is a nice little story, isn't it?

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 05-07-2013).]

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2013 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Just FYI, one mating pair is not enough to repopulate a species... at least, not for complex organisms. There would be a LOT of in-breeding, which would completely wreck the gene pool. With stuff like bacteria and algae, you could probably get away with it. But for birds, reptiles, mammals, etc... not a chance.

But it is a nice little story, isn't it?

Not all animals were pairs. There were additional examples of some animals. I'd have to look it up to see what kinds of animals had more. Wouldn't it be nice if it could be proven that the in-breeding after the flood was the source of what is now known as "evolution". I'd accept that as a win-win for believers and non-believers.

On the other hand, a God that can create the world and all living things in it can manipulate it long enough after the flood to prevent the in-breeding problem. After all, even in the theory of evolution, not only did all humans came from the same breeding pair, they, along with all animal life, came from the same slime that crawled out of the ocean.

Either way, it shows that a population can recover (or begin) from a limited stock.

------------------
Jonathan

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2013 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007

Me too.
But in 3 months i'm down from 275 to 238.
I'll take grumpy.

Did you just skip right over my apology?

Kidding! I'm down from 180 to 168. I'm on my fifth week of the 5-2 diet. I can eat what I want 5 days a week and I get 500-600 calories on the other two. My "two" days are Mon and Wed.

------------------
Jonathan

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2013 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007
Wichita and Blacktree, I have prayed for you. I will continue to do so.

Have a blessed day!

------------------
Jonathan

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock