Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  ATTENTION ALL CHRISTIANS: Please pray for the salvation of Wichita (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
ATTENTION ALL CHRISTIANS: Please pray for the salvation of Wichita by Boostdreamer
Started on: 04-23-2013 09:57 PM
Replies: 566
Last post by: Australian on 05-30-2013 07:09 AM
User00013170

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post04-25-2013 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:
It is unfortunate that a call to Christins draws all the non-Christians to jump in and turn a sincere thread into what has been called a troll thread.

It sucks when you are on the receiving end for a change isn't it.

IP: Logged
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-25-2013 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Taijiguy:

OK, who was praying for me to spend the whole morning in the toilet? Please stop.

Sorry....didnt mean to be looking at your post when I said "oh, sh!t"

Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by User00013170:

Jesus said no fun for his followers i guess. "Eat your crackers, shut up and fill up that donation plate".

I guess. Hell, I thought my "toilet" comment was funny as all get-out. I LOL'ed. but then, I just crack me up. Sure glad that's OK at the church I go to!
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post04-25-2013 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

I guess. Hell, I thought my "toilet" comment was funny as all get-out. I LOL'ed. but then, I just crack me up. Sure glad that's OK at the church I go to!

One must be able to laugh at themselves or all is lost.
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

If you believe in multiple "gods" or entities, I take it that you're not a Christian.

I said no such thing, and your presumption is incorrect. Exactly who are you to presume to tell me what I believe and who I am? Over the years I know that I have had, at one time or another, Christians (Catholic, Protestant, Fundamentalist, Charismatic, and "other"), Jews, Muslims, Buddhists (who recognize no deity), Hindus, Sikhs, and American Indians pray on my behalf, and I'm OK with that as long as it's sincere and not for show. There are many valid paths to spiritual enlightenment other than your own.

You may, however, correctly conclude that I am generally turned off by evangelism in all its forms, Christian, secular, or otherwise.

So where does that place you?

It places me in the position of exercising the wisdom, free will, and self-determination with which the Creator has endowed me.

As a consequence, it also places me believing that there are valid sources of knowledge and enlightenment other than religion and The Church. I'm in good company; Galileo Galilei was brought before The Inquisition for arguing essentially the same ideas almost 400 years ago (see: Dialogo, 1632).

I am unaware of this "christian" tradition. Which scriptures teach this? None that I'm aware of.

Do you dispute the passage I cited from the Gospel of Matthew? ("And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. ... But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret.") Personal prayer was one of the central ideas of the Christian Reformation. My own tradition is mainstream Presbyterian, and to a lesser extent Methodist, both of which emphasize the personal nature prayer. My paternal grandfather was an ordained Presbyterian minister ... which certainly does not make me a better person ... and I met my wife at a Presbyterian church. We were married by a friend who is an ordained Lutheran minister. Who are you to question my own religious experience?

It is neither [proud, nor arrogant, nor self-righteous].

Q.E.D. To repeat myself, there are many valid paths to spiritual enlightenment other than your own, and even many equally valid interpretations and expressions of Christianity other than your own.

You can have your own way of thinking and believing without being disrespectful.

You first.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 04-25-2013).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

It is unfortunate that a call to Christins draws all the non-Christians to jump in and turn a sincere thread into what has been called a troll thread.

I'm extremely sincere in my assessment of the prayer group idea!

You make a public call, you get a public response...

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

There are many valid paths to spiritual enlightenment other than your own.

I was going to be done with this thread, but wondered if you would clarify.

I agree we each have different lives. But would you agree with this?
:
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 14:6

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 04-25-2013).]

FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryDirect Link to This Post

You also have the choice to believe in science.

Science is cool but, why does it work?

I do believe in science. I pray to god I do not spill the acid, and that I have the proper amount of base to counter it.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

It sucks when you are on the receiving end for a change isn't it.

You completely lost me here. Are you saying that I've been trolling other threads? That I've somehow disrespected other members here? Please show me and I will promptly apologise.

Jonathan

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007

One must be able to laugh at themselves or all is lost.

I'm all for humor. I got a plus in another thread for making someone laugh. This, however, is a serious topic. The place someones soul will spend eternity isn't a joke.

Jonathan

Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

... would you agree with this?
:
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 14:6

It's not a matter subject to agreement or disagreement ... as if Jesus were a political candidate ... either it's true or it's not, but I have no reason to doubt it. But I am not a biblical scholar, either, and there is no universally agreed interpretation of the New Testament even within Christianity. Anticipating the next question ... no, I am not a biblical literalist. I do, however, observe that many people live rich lives, are benevolent to their fellow man, and achieve satisfying spirituality by way of religious or philosophical systems other than [insert your preferred Christian denomination here]. My personal opinion is that there is no One True Way, but rather that God chooses to reveal Himself to various people in different ways, ways that they personally are most likely to understand. It strikes me as supreme hubris that mere humans so often seek to limit how God may choose to reveal Himself to us.

PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Et al...

Dude, you are so off base there's just too much to try to correct. If you want to take it to PMs I'd be happy to finish this conversation. This isn't the place.

Jonathan

User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post04-25-2013 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

This isn't the place.

Jonathan

Religion cant have public debate? Or is it so absolute and insecure that it can only be discussed in the dark...?
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

If you want to take it to PMs I'd be happy to finish this conversation. This isn't the place.

No thanks. You chose this place. I really don't have anything more to say anyway.

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

No thanks. You chose this place.

I chose this as a place to collect encouraging messages for Wichita. Please see my original post if you have any doubt. I don't understand why this had to be turned into another debate about who belives what. Did we REALLY need another one of those threads? This is a rhetorical question. Please don't answer.

I would appreciate it if everyone from here forward would respect the original intention of this thread. If anyone has a problem with the intent of this thread or my intentions to care about someone, please feel free to PM me.

------------------
Jonathan

Please join me in prayer that forum member Wichita gives his life to the Lord Jesus.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/100383.html
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/121056.html

User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post04-25-2013 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

I chose this as a place to collect encouraging messages for Wichita. Please see my original post if you have any doubt. I don't understand why this had to be turned into another debate about who belives what. Did we REALLY need another one of those threads? This is a rhetorical question. Please don't answer.

I would appreciate it if everyone from here forward would respect the original intention of this thread. If anyone has a problem with the intent of this thread or my intentions to care about someone, please feel free to PM me.

Another thread would be more appropriate then hiding discussions that started out as public in the first place. - just my 2 cents.
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post

Agreed. He can handle it himself.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

The place someones soul will spend eternity isn't a joke.

No. The whole concept that includes heaven and hell is.

EDIT: Just read your plea for the people that don't share your religious worldview and your attempts of summoning supernatural powers to influence another person to shut up. Will do, sorry...

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 04-25-2013).]

User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post04-25-2013 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

No. The whole concept that includes heaven and hell is.

EDIT: Just read your plea for the people that don't share your religious worldview and your attempts of summoning supernatural powers to influence another person to shut up. Will do, sorry...

Sad when your belief is so unstable that you cant allow criticism, or that if others don't believe the same it somehow diminishes your belief . ( not you, just making the statement.. )

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-25-2013 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
If Gods were cake (lemon, chocolite, vanilla,), wouldn't it all just be a matter of taste?
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-25-2013 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003
If Gods were cakes (lemon, chocolite, vanilla, etc.), wouldn't it all just be a matter of taste?

"My banana cake is better then all other cakes. I'll kill you!"
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-25-2013 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
Wow, I think that was so deep it buckled The Matrix....
85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTDirect Link to This Post

Dude, you are so off base there's just too much to try to correct. If you want to take it to PMs I'd be happy to finish this conversation. This isn't the place.

Jonathan

I'd love to hear your response here...So because he doesn't practice religion the same way you do it's automatically wrong?

As far as keeping on topic...Didn't all the Christians already pray for him? Whats there to talk about there?
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
And an atheist would say "the cake is a lie!"
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-25-2013 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

And an atheist would say "the cake is a lie!"

But do believe in baked goods, none-the-less.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistDirect Link to This Post
Do you realize that all of you religious folks sound like drunk ducks when you argue?

Quack
Quack
Quack
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-26-2013 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85sliverGT:

So because he doesn't practice religion the same way you do it's automatically wrong?

THAT......just about covers all relegions and sects within relegions.

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post
Apparently we cannot have a Christian thread here. As my Mom would say, "This is why we can't have nice things!"

It is my understanding that "the greater portion of participating formum members" would like this to be a thread about what I believe, what I mean by my posts, and an outlet for everyone who wants to make fun of whatever. I suppose I'll oblige you.

Please bear with me while I go back and try to pick up your questions. I don't have all the answers but I'll do my best and let you know when you've stumped me. Please, everyone continue to read this thread. Who knows, maybe it will have a bigger impact than was ever planned.

------------------
Jonathan

Please join me in prayer that forum member Wichita gives his life to the Lord Jesus.

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

I saw the title and thought this was going to be a troll thread... oh, well.

I detect dissapointment. Can you comment further?

------------------
Jonathan

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Can you all pray for me too? You know, just in case...

Yes. I mean that sincerely.

------------------
Jonathan

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007
Before I forget, Wichita, I prayed for you last night. I will continue to do so.

Have a blessed day!

------------------
Jonathan

PFF
System Bot
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
Been on the road for a few days. I didn't really give much of any thought about Jesus in those days. Even forgetting the Gideon Bible are available along side a 3-pack condoms in the end table drawer beside the hotel bed.

Didn't hear any voices, dream of anything and the only message I saw was a lonely billboard with a Christian message that I forgot what it was.

I was with co-worker of mine, for which are conversation was ripe of sin, because it was all about our past conquest of copulations and fantasy lust of women. Many curse words were spoken even the Lord's name in vain.

I may be slipping more into hell. I think the power of prayer for my salvation was working on day-1, but I think many of the Christians only said a prayer once and I have dropped of their prayer list and have been forgotten. Maybe one or two Christians left praying for my salvation. I'm not for sure if it is enough to save me from damnation.

Christians! Please help my soul! Don't forget about me.

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

No kidding. Talk about "renting space".

Who cares what he believes. He's entitled to the same freedom to believe or not as anyone else. I find it ironic that everyone prays for him to "find God", or "..accept Jesus", or the like. Not much being prayed for his general well being, although he might need that as little as he needs the other. Just odd that everyone seems to be praying for him to come back to their preferred religion, not much else.

Scripture - Please read out loud.
Mark 8:36
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

There is not an absense of concern about his health, etc. This thread was started as a focus on one thing. The idea was discussed with Wichita and that is what he agreed to. I, unlike most here, have done my best to use this thread as designed.

------------------
Jonathan

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007

Originally posted by Wichita:

Been on the road for a few days. I didn't really give much of any thought about Jesus in those days. Even forgetting the Gideon Bible are available along side a 3-pack condoms in the end table drawer beside the hotel bed.

Didn't hear any voices, dream of anything and the only message I saw was a lonely billboard with a Christian message that I forgot what it was.

I was with co-worker of mine, for which are conversation was ripe of sin, because it was all about our past conquest of copulations and fantasy lust of women. Many curse words were spoken even the Lord's name in vain.

I may be slipping more into hell. I think the power of prayer for my salvation was working on day-1, but I think many of the Christians only said a prayer once and I have dropped of their prayer list and have been forgotten. Maybe one or two Christians left praying for my salvation. I'm not for sure if it is enough to save me from damnation.

Christians! Please help my soul! Don't forget about me.

Nobody ever said it would happen over night. Thank you for your post! I'd rather see you jesting about your experience than not particpating at all.

Have a blessed day!

------------------
Jonathan

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007

Originally posted by Fiero_Fan_88:

Is it Christians only or can I pray to Allah that he comes to Islam? Curious to see which one works first...

I believe the thread title and first post were fairly clear. I do realize that there is a reading comprehension problem in the world. However, to answer your question, you should discuss your proposal with Wichita.

------------------
Jonathan

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

I'll send good vibes out to him, and the others in this thread, and those who read it, and those who open a browser, and those who wake up today and are alive

I for one hope the Hindu's have it right, and Witchy gets up three days's afer he dies, puts his arm around Zombie Jesus, and they both point at your graves and say "Ha-Ha"!

(Not that I want to see you in your graves, mind you)

Isn't it interesting how the nay-sayers NEVER get up in arms about "sending good vibes"? Isn't it interesting how they MUST try so hard to convince everyone that God doesn't exist? Read the posts, they can't stop and they can't help themsleves! I'll be happy for anyone who can say "ha ha" after their death!

I propose a challenge, start a thread about something like the tooth fairy or the Easter Bunny and show us how well you can REALLY debate something that 90+% of the people on the planet don't belive in. I want everyone that doesn't believe in it to spell out why they don't. That should be easy and VERY interesting. This is not a joke. Please try it.

------------------
Jonathan

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007

I told my sister who's a Pagan about this discussion. She said she would cast a spell for all of you.

Please tell more people. Thank you.

------------------
Jonathan

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007

Originally posted by theBDub:

I guess I don't understand the mocking comments in the thread.

Maybe you guys can pretend you aren't mocking--you're just having fun.

I don't believe in God, and I don't believe in the power of prayer. I don't desire anyone wasting their time praying for me, but if someone told me they were going to, and they were going to tell other Christians to as well, I would be thankful that they care for my well-being. Wouldn't do much... but I'd be thankful. No sense in making a joke out of something very important to other people.

Well said and very relevant! Plus for you, Sir!

------------------
Jonathan

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

Why do people believe they have the right to pray for others? As if someone has power over someone else's soul? Also, why single out a few individuals, why not pray for humanity in general?

You might as well ask people why they believe they have the right to be kind to others. We don't have power over anyone else's soul. We don't pretend to. Humanity is prayed for in general. There is no reason to not mention the names of the people we are focused on, too.

------------------
Jonathan

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 04-26-2013).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

If Gods were cake (lemon, chocolite, vanilla,), wouldn't it all just be a matter of taste?

That actually is deep.
It is all a matter of taste, if nothing is real, what satisfies at this hour might seem enough, if there is no truth.
Maybe it is seen as more of a choice of which cake pleases my tongue more..when over on the side out of view of the sweet distractions, part way down the narrow path is a pomegranate tree, food much healthier than cake.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock