Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  how much does it cost to have a wing installed on my neon? (Page 5)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
how much does it cost to have a wing installed on my neon? by 84fierotrevor
Started on: 04-13-2002 07:49 PM
Replies: 251
Last post by: Raydar on 05-23-2002 04:45 PM
falconhulk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2002 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for falconhulkSend a Private Message to falconhulkDirect Link to This Post
Orief, you are correct the new neons are heavy dogs. The neons that are used for performance are the first gen 95/96 neons. The new neons were made heavier for comfort. They also went to the sohc 150 hp engine instead of the dohc 150 hp.
IP: Logged
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2002 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
OK, so that still doesn't explain how "bolting-on" a turbo to the older neon can make it go as fast as a Civic weighing the same but the Civic requires $10K of engine work. (we're only talking 11 seconds not 9)
falconhulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2002 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for falconhulkSend a Private Message to falconhulkDirect Link to This Post
Ya got me there. Again my knowledge of this is read not personally tested. I will say this thought the new SRT4 has a mild turbo (not one cranked)putting out 205 Hp and has been said to do 13.4 to 13.5. On the 11 sec neon the boost was cranked. I would not have thought it possible either with just a turbo if not for the SRT4 ET with just 205 Hp.
Neal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2002 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NealClick Here to visit Neal's HomePageSend a Private Message to NealDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by falconhulk:
Ya got me there. Again my knowledge of this is read not personally tested. I will say this thought the new SRT4 has a mild turbo (not one cranked)putting out 205 Hp and has been said to do 13.4 to 13.5. On the 11 sec neon the boost was cranked. I would not have thought it possible either with just a turbo if not for the SRT4 ET with just 205 Hp.

I find those numbers hard to believe as well...
205HP + front drive = limited traction

imprezza wrx
227hp + killer traction = 14.1

now, how does a lower hp car with WAY crappier traction get .7 sec faster in the quarter??? dont answer with weight cuz the WRX isnt that heavy...

Also somthing to ponder a certain forum members car with a modded 3800SC runs mid 13's and has easily 50-60hp on the neon.

im just saying it takes WAY more than 205hp to run a mid 13. Im not saying your a lair, but i think what you have read is definatly misimforming you.

falconhulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2002 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for falconhulkSend a Private Message to falconhulkDirect Link to This Post
Mid 13 is the published 1/4 for the Neon SRT4. The Wrx wieghs over 3000lbs and is only 225hp. The new srx? (not sure what its called but it starts with a S) is 275hp.
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2002 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
the srt-4 weighs 2970 lbs, has 205 hp and 220 tq, runs 0-60 in 5.9 secs. and has an estimated 1/4 mile time of 14.3-14.5.

a wrx weighs 3085 lbs, has 227 hp and 217 tq, runs 0-60 in 6.1 secs and runs the qtr mile at 14.5 secs.

the awd is making a lot of power loss in the wrx compared to the neon, i don't think just anybody will be able to pilot a srt to 60 in 5.9 secs though, just a skilled driver. other then the 0-60 time they look almost the same, but the srt-4 has more torque!
www.neons.org

White88cpe
No longer registered
Report this Post04-26-2002 11:10 AM   Send a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
Again I ask, anyone up for some frisby? Just dont throw it too hard, it may outrun the neon..

------------------
Ray - rturner@fierosite.com - http://www.fierosite.com/
1988 Stage 2 Aero Coupe - 1985 Mustang 3.8 Convertable

falconhulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2002 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for falconhulkSend a Private Message to falconhulkDirect Link to This Post
Formula, Where did you get the ET for the SRT4? dodge is claiming 13.5 from what i read.

[This message has been edited by falconhulk (edited 04-26-2002).]

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2002 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
Galen, from watching the Video.... You better throw it fast!!!! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
falconhulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2002 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for falconhulkSend a Private Message to falconhulkDirect Link to This Post
"DOHC Owners -

DOHC Neon on the other hand doesn't really need a ported head. In fact the world fastest stock intake manifold Neon belongs to Scott Mohler. His best ET so far is 12.82@105 (he's now running low 11's with the Neon TPK and CNNP Racing Stage 3 cylinder head). He's very competitive in the Comp 4 class in NIRA competition (placed 2nd in final points standings). Comp 4 doesn't allow engine swaps, turbo or nitrous. As long as you use the OEM installed engine anything else goes. Running 12:1 compression and Crane cams and stock head (with very minor bowl work) he's making over 180hp at the wheels. Just imagine what he would do with a TPK kit installed! He still drives on the street from time to time, even though the 12:1 compression ratio makes it hard to do so. With stock compression he was still running high 13's with just bolt-ons and some slicks.

*For the 2001 season Scott is now a member of Team CNNP Racing and has moved up to the Pro Stock class in NIRA competition. His Neon now features a Neon TPK kit; CNNP Stage 3 ported cylinder head, special Crane race grinds and a lighten chassis. His Neon is still overweight for the class by about 200lbs, but he still managed to win one event and place 2nd in two others to claim 2nd place in the final point standings. He also won an IDRC event in Florida and is currently 2nd in the point championship with 2 races to go."
http://www.allpar.com/neon/performance.html

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2002 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
Ok Trevor... WHERE'S THE VIDEO??? What you post... First it took you 3 day's to post a picture(without a turbo) now.. It's been 3 day's and NO VIDEO>>>
PFF
System Bot
jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2002 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post
GD! Page 5!!! this must be one hell of a wing!

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2002 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Not everyone has the software pgms to post video from cam-corders, maybe he doesn't. I know I don't. Wonder how long it's gonna take Smoooooth to make a Fiero show in Texas?
Don
Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2002 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
Not everyone has the software pgms to post video from cam-corders, maybe he doesn't. I know I don't. Wonder how long it's gonna take Smoooooth to make a Fiero show in Texas?
Don

Don... I probably won't make a .. anything until the Rukus that Stimpy and Cheeber are doing in October...
Argatix(sp) emailed him yesterday and told him he would post it FOR HIM!!!
Oh.. Don did I tell you

------------------

www.thefibersmith.com Technical Support (903) 825-7744
"Smoooooth GTS"

Euro Rear taillight's, Shaved door handles, sidetrim, Custom-Double-side scoop's, sail scoop's, Custom 'VENTED' hood, Decklid scoop, Z~3 vent's, Custom RE-designed Fender's, Custom Made-Front and Rear Fascia's...

"Ohh my, Where are the door handle's..??"

Performance1

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-27-2002 05:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Performance1Send a Private Message to Performance1Direct Link to This Post
So uh.....can we see the video pls.

85 gt fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2002 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 gt fieroSend a Private Message to 85 gt fieroDirect Link to This Post
wheres the video trevorrrrrrrr

------------------

The 4.9 V8 conversion has begun

85 gt fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2002 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 gt fieroSend a Private Message to 85 gt fieroDirect Link to This Post
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2002 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
85 GT Fiero, Do you have a picture of your car from the rear? Email me, PM or post here if you do. Thanks & you have email.
Don
85 gt fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2002 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 gt fieroSend a Private Message to 85 gt fieroDirect Link to This Post
Email and pic sent.

Thanx
Randy

Dumba$$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2002 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dumba$$Send a Private Message to Dumba$$Direct Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Dumba$$ (edited 04-28-2002).]

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2002 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
ok first off for all u ****ers puttining ur "cool" little bullshit smileys. I don't have all the time in the world to sit on thsi forum. second I am sending out the video as soon as my friend lets me use his v cr. I need to put the tape from the tape i have onto another one. second did anyone read my previous post this last race trhe cops came in to early that i didn't have a chance to race any mustangs so it won't prove notghing tell this tuesday at the races again.
i will be sending the tape to thomas little. he is gonna post it for me. also I was detaned in mexico for the past two days becuase people i showed the running from secruity videos to at the mall wanted me to make a web site and post the stuff cuss they thought i was cool. so we thought we would take it up a step and run from the mexican police. Unfortunatly there faster then we thought and theres about 100 of them in teijanna. Thank god they bribed me. I got away with only giving them 40 bucks !!!
call me stupid for that but it was fun as hell I need to go back to camcord it and try again though cuss they took my camcorder and my cell phone too.
anyways the videos are on there way ! so stop ur little bs smilyes u will all see it.
PFF
System Bot
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2002 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
Roll them britches legs up boys, it's getting deep in here
Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2002 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fierotrevor:
[B] Also I was detaned in mexico for the past two days . I got away with only giving them 40 bucks !!!

B]

OoMmGg!!!! Detained in Mexico.... That's the BEST ONE I have EVER heard!!!!

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2002 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Smoooooth GT:
OoMmGg!!!! Detained in Mexico.... That's the BEST ONE I have EVER heard!!!!

well since there is no way i can prove it to you U can belive whatever u want to but. you all asked where I was and I told you.
videos will be coming soon.

Hartz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2002 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HartzSend a Private Message to HartzDirect Link to This Post
Hey, Neons were made in Mexico at one point, weren't they? Maybe he was going on a factory tour with his super sweet turbo setup! <smirk>

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2002 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
If his mechanic charged him for adjusting boost on a turbo he may not have, it's time to find a new mechanic. (Did I read that Mexico post right? Didn't he say THEY bribed HIM?)I'll wait for the video.
Haze_Performance

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2002 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
Come on people!!! You really think theres a Video??

Don't hold your breath..

He's just a young guy who wanted to be important, but got caught up in his story.

------------------

ClassicFiero.com

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2002 03:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Haze_Performance:
Come on people!!! You really think theres a Video??

Don't hold your breath..

He's just a young guy who wanted to be important, but got caught up in his story.

theres a video im going to mail it to Thomas little after this tuesdays races cuss all i got on video last week was a race between me and a truck and two old mustangs and then runnin from security. im waiting tell thit tuesday like i said in 3 previous posts that the cops busted in before I could race any stangs so unless u guys just wanna see me run from security and race a truck then u gota wait tell this tuesday when i will have the chance to race some stangs and prove to all ur asses that i can beat some stangs.

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2002 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post

84fierotrevor

4998 posts
Member since Oct 2001
which reminds me if all ur guyses fieros are so fast why don't you all race me? Who goes to west coast fieros barbaques? I will go up there this weekend and race a few of you for money. I been up there a few times.
you all got the worlds fastest fieros riight?
and any stock fiero 6clyinder gt can beat me lets roll! how bout next week who can go?
I'm sure those fieros with lt1/s and v8s can beat me but im talking ur 6 clyiders with mods ! mabey i'll try some v8's too
Haze_Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2002 04:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
All I want to know is: Are you claiming its Turbo or not?
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2002 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

He "claims" it's a turbo and 11-seconds in the 1/4. He claims he beats Mustang GT's all the time.
This last time he beat a truck. (Ooohhh)
He was suppose to have video of him racing a Mustang GT, But he called the cops, they showed up, and everyone scattered.
Now he's challenging people with a V-6 Fiero for money who are going to WCF's Bar-B-Que.

PFF
System Bot
WampusCat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2002 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WampusCatSend a Private Message to WampusCatDirect Link to This Post
How did that wing install come out?
85 gt fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2002 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 gt fieroSend a Private Message to 85 gt fieroDirect Link to This Post
11's 1/4 mile ahhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaahhhhaaa......

Haze_Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2002 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
Haze_Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2002 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

Haze_Performance

7452 posts
Member since Mar 2000
Haze_Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2002 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

Haze_Performance

7452 posts
Member since Mar 2000
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2002 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
um I never claimed 11 seconds nothing i claimed i can beat alota mustangs and i will.
i never called the cops ether but obvisly someone did. nice little story though.
you guys can make fun of me all you want but im still posting the video.
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2002 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post

84fierotrevor

4998 posts
Member since Oct 2001

im still not sure I want to take it to west coast fiero and have them check it out. the guy i took it to to when i had my car fixed charged me for turning down the "turbo" psi.
cuss he said my engine will blow every two years i didn't think it had a turbo.
but mabey it does since neons can't waste mustangs and i can. ive beteen a few ive lost to a few ive come bout even with some also. even after i post this video you'r all still going to not belive me anyways and will say i i paid every single car i raced to let me when. so no matter what ur all not going to belive it. Because you all don't want to.
also I have seen a little 1992 civic with only headers waste a mustang at the races a few months ago. The mustang was a standerd mustang with only single exsuast it wasn't a gt or nothing and the civic was a standerd with only headers. thats not possible ether right? well it happend. mabey the guy is just a good shifter or somthing i dunno cuss i don't know much about cars. but its what happend. anyways u all will see the video tommorow i will go race. some stangs. i garentee i will beat a few and i garentee you all are going to say oh i paid all those poeple to let me when or somthing like that cuss you won't want to admit or belive that u where wrong. anyways just wait for the videos and keep talking all ur trash

WeAZz2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2002 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WeAZz2M6Send a Private Message to WeAZz2M6Direct Link to This Post
Jesus, I wish there were kids like you in my area..

------------------
Auto racing fans fall into two categories:Tattooed,shirtless,sewermouthed drunks, and their Husbands

85 gt fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2002 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 gt fieroSend a Private Message to 85 gt fieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fierotrevor:

also I have seen a little 1992 civic with only headers waste a mustang at the races a few months ago. The mustang was a standerd mustang with only single exsuast it wasn't a gt or nothing and the civic was a standerd with only headers.

Seeing how the civic either had a V8 in it or V6 i hope it could waste a 4 or 6 banger stang ........you said headers...its HEADER

[This message has been edited by 85 gt fiero (edited 04-29-2002).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock