Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  how much does it cost to have a wing installed on my neon? (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
how much does it cost to have a wing installed on my neon? by 84fierotrevor
Started on: 04-13-2002 07:49 PM
Replies: 251
Last post by: Raydar on 05-23-2002 04:45 PM
84fierotrevor

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2002 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
who do i send my video too??? hurry I wanna mail it out today !!
IP: Logged
85 gt fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2002 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 gt fieroSend a Private Message to 85 gt fieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Slammed Fiero:

Dude , hate to burst your bubble , but your mustang is 160Hp version (carb'd) it runs high 15's in the 1/4. A v6 Fiero with a 4spd would be quicker.

Now I wouldn't go trying to race it with a 4cyl Fiero , but it's not that fast , espically since we have forum members who run low 15's on stock motors. MY 86 GT is Faster than my moms 95 5.0ltr, as is our LT1 Caprice (by a wide Margin)

just some food for thought.

JM

[This message has been edited by Slammed Fiero (edited 04-23-2002).]

My mustang doesnt have 160 hp they come with 190 stock, and mine has a crane cam/crank, ss valves, i dont know what it is at but i can guarntee it has over 200, i just got done installing chrome valve colors, underdrive pulley set, and a eldebrock hi-flo air filter.

randy

[This message has been edited by 85 gt fiero (edited 04-24-2002).]

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2002 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
I'm pretty sure Fiero's aren't 45/55, and that didn't disprove anything. (do you know what disprove means?).. That would require prood.. All I'm saying, is I've owned a Fiero, and I've driven a Neon, and stock for stock, I think the Neon would outhandle it. Where did you guys get the idea that a 10,000 car is a supercar?!? Who put this into your skull??
Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2002 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fierotrevor:
who do i send my video too??? hurry I wanna mail it out today !!

America's Funniest Home Video's....??? J/k Who was it that said they would post it for you..??? I can't find it, but I thought that someone said they would..
Anyone??

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2002 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
acctuly the video's got some pretty funny stuff in it like me standing behind a tree sideways sucking in air to make myself skinner. so the cops going by can't see me. and my friend runs into someones yard and rolls under a car.
and some otehr funny stuff like ussely happends at the races. i got ion tape lastnight to 1960's mustangs draging its kinda cool.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2002 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
1 big thing about handling-Fiero is almost perfect front to rear balance. Great for handling.

neon is FWD. If Front wheel drive was any good for handleing at all, wouldnt someone use it in racing besides all the little nothing classes of race cars. GT Touring, Formula, Amer LeMans, trans Am, ASA, Nascar, USAC, Indy, Cart, Rolex series dont have a single FWD car. Although there are some AWD. I remember NOVI way back tried to make FWD Indy roadsters and they were a joke, they went everyway on the track but where they were supposed to.

Performance1

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-24-2002 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Performance1Send a Private Message to Performance1Direct Link to This Post
A TRUE sports car is rear wheel drive. Whats a neon, i forgot........oh yea FWD. Besides, who would wanna go fast in a neon. I know when my friends drivin around in his civic, Im always worried thinking we are gonna crash. I keep tellin him........WATCH IT MAN..WERE IN A CIVIC!!!! Im just so used to my presicion steering of the Formula. Needless to say we both always wear our seatbelts. BUT, when hes with me, no seatbelt, he is totally confident in my Formula and my skills of weaving in and out of traffic, coming no further than an inch away from other vehicles.(trust me, im good)One sharp little turn of the wheel in my Formula is just.......I cant explain, if you know your fiero, and your limits, theres no compitition. Everyone says that im crazy.....im NOT crazy......its called SKILL and using it in a FIERO.
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2002 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Performance1:
A TRUE sports car is rear wheel drive. Whats a neon, i forgot........oh yea FWD. Besides, who would wanna go fast in a neon. I know when my friends drivin around in his civic, Im always worried thinking we are gonna crash. I keep tellin him........WATCH IT MAN..WERE IN A CIVIC!!!! Im just so used to my presicion steering of the Formula. Needless to say we both always wear our seatbelts. BUT, when hes with me, no seatbelt, he is totally confident in my Formula and my skills of weaving in and out of traffic, coming no further than an inch away from other vehicles.(trust me, im good)One sharp little turn of the wheel in my Formula is just.......I cant explain, if you know your fiero, and your limits, theres no compitition. Everyone says that im crazy.....im NOT crazy......its called SKILL and using it in a FIERO.

Ur a ****ing idiot and if you ever show up at real street races u will have ur ass kicked. wE HATE YOU LITTLE MUTHER ****ERS THAT WEAVE IN AND OUTA TRAFFIC THINKING UR ALL SKILLED AND **** . CUSS THEN YOU KILL A FAMILY OF INNOCENT PEOPLE ON THE FREEWAY WHEN U **** UP AND THEN THE MEDIA SAYS ILLGLE STREET RACERS KILLED A INOCCENT FAMILY AND THEN THE REAL RACERS ARE STEROTYPED AND LOOKED DOWN ON ION THE PUBLIC AND BY POLICE. WHEN IN REALITY WE HATE LITTLE ****ERS LIKE YOU THAT HAVE NO RIGHT TO RISK SOMEONE ELSE THATS INOCCENT LIVES.
WHEN REAL RACERS RACE WE DO IT OUT IN DESSERTED BLOCKED OF AREA NO ONE THAT WANTS TO BE THERE IS. JUST US RACERS AND NO ONE ELSE. NO PEDESTRIANS NO INOCCENT FAMILYS. AND PEOPLE LIKE U MAKE PEOPLE BELIVE WE ARE THE JERKS ON THE FREE WAY. SOME ****ER IN A CAMARO WAS WEAVING IN AND OUTA CITY TRAFFIC O THE FREE WAY THE DAY HE CAME ZOOMING UP BEHIND ME AND I SLAMED MY BREAKS AND HE MISSED ME BYE A INCH AND SLIDE HALFWAY OUTA CONTROL TO BAD THE ****ER DIDN'T CRASH INTO THE CENTER DIVIDER AND DIE CUSS HE DISERVS IT DOING **** ON A FREEWAY FULL OF PEOPLE.

Tagueule

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2002 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TagueuleDirect Link to This Post
A true battle of idiots taking shape here
Neal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2002 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NealClick Here to visit Neal's HomePageDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tagueule:
A true battle of idiots taking shape here

I couldn't agree more...

Hartz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2002 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HartzSend a Private Message to HartzDirect Link to This Post

WHEN REAL RACERS RACE WE DO IT OUT IN DESSERTED BLOCKED OF AREA NO ONE THAT WANTS TO BE THERE IS.

Actually, "real racers" do it out on a track.

Hartz

PFF
System Bot
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2002 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post

Ur a ****ing idiot and if you ever show up at real street races u will have ur ass kicked. wE HATE YOU LITTLE MUTHER ****ERS THAT WEAVE IN AND OUTA TRAFFIC THINKING UR ALL SKILLED AND **** . CUSS THEN YOU KILL A FAMILY OF INNOCENT PEOPLE ON THE FREEWAY WHEN U **** UP AND THEN THE MEDIA SAYS ILLGLE STREET RACERS KILLED A INOCCENT FAMILY AND THEN THE REAL RACERS ARE STEROTYPED AND LOOKED DOWN ON ION THE PUBLIC AND BY POLICE. WHEN IN REALITY WE HATE LITTLE ****ERS LIKE YOU THAT HAVE NO RIGHT TO RISK SOMEONE ELSE THATS INOCCENT LIVES.
WHEN REAL RACERS RACE WE DO IT OUT IN DESSERTED BLOCKED OF AREA NO ONE THAT WANTS TO BE THERE IS. JUST US RACERS AND NO ONE ELSE. NO PEDESTRIANS NO INOCCENT FAMILYS. AND PEOPLE LIKE U MAKE PEOPLE BELIVE WE ARE THE JERKS ON THE FREE WAY. SOME ****ER IN A CAMARO WAS WEAVING IN AND OUTA CITY TRAFFIC O THE FREE WAY THE DAY HE CAME ZOOMING UP BEHIND ME AND I SLAMED MY BREAKS AND HE MISSED ME BYE A INCH AND SLIDE HALFWAY OUTA CONTROL TO BAD THE ****ER DIDN'T CRASH INTO THE CENTER DIVIDER AND DIE CUSS HE DISERVS IT DOING **** ON A FREEWAY FULL OF PEOPLE.

Please go away before we have to hurt you.

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2002 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
if yall hate me im gone. late. it was fun.
its my last post. so long.
Performance1

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-25-2002 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Performance1Send a Private Message to Performance1Direct Link to This Post
84Trev......stfu. Oh, your gone....good. Shoo shoo.....drive away in your little neon.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2002 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
whatd he expect coming to a car forum and slamming that car.....duhhh. Talked like hes 14 anyway. He dont go to Colombine does he?
falconhulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2002 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for falconhulkSend a Private Message to falconhulkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Performance1:
84Trev......stfu. Oh, your gone....good. Shoo shoo.....drive away in your little neon.

heh heh dude how old are you? Take it easy. You are in danger of becoming one of those guys that just likes to jump all over people and start things.

Springtyme

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2002 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpringtymeSend a Private Message to SpringtymeDirect Link to This Post
Take it to the trash! Take it to the trash!

I'm still wondering if he ever got that wing installed....

------------------
1988 Coupe ~ AIM-GlitterGlowWorm ~ 0-60 time > 14:07

~ Spring Reiss ~ 18 years old ~ Carlisle, here I come!~

olliver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2002 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olliverSend a Private Message to olliverDirect Link to This Post
I really wanted to see that video. Call me naive, but i usually give people the benefit of the doubt. That is, until they prove me wrong with their actions.

Trevor, just relax man, don't worry about what anyone says. If it's true and you know that your car is fast than give someone the video and once it's posted, you'll be receiving a whole bunch of "i'm sorries"

And for everyone else here that's giving him a hard time, let it go people. Either he puts up or he shuts up. Just think how we all feel when those ignorant people ramble on about our fieros "don't those things catch on fire" or "those cars are soo unsafe that's why they stop making them"

"the opinions express, are those strickly of olliver, and do not in any way represent the forum host or it's people."

Olliver

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2002 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

if yall hate me im gone. late. it was fun.
its my last post. so long.

Video OR wing install picture's please before you leave... Thank You!!

Slammed Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
User Banned

Report this Post04-25-2002 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Slammed FieroSend a Private Message to Slammed FieroDirect Link to This Post

Real Racer!! haha

Someone has seen the fast and furious a few too many times!

JM

------------------
Jonathan McCreery

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2002 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Well I stand corrected... err sit corrected.
I PM'd probably the most avid AutoX'er I know (cadero2max) about the neon... and here is what he had to say:

"The Neon's are an awesome autocrosser, for years they were really the car to beat in their class - especially the ACR in D Stock under the old class structure.
The "standard" Neon's were in the same class as the 4 cylinder Fiero - - ES. The Neon would be my choice hands down. It was a matter of the Fiero being mis-classed, it should have been in H Stock.

Last year, we had a lady in E Stock that won a National Championship in a Neon, she used to shame a lot of Mod cars and Prepared cars - if the course was tight and technical, even my AP Fiero!

Neon's are great autocrossers,but with the new classing structure this year, the Neon is not so favorably classed.

For a street machine, the Neon sucks.

G
----- Original Message -----
George...

Have you seen any great things happening with Dodge Neon's in AutoX? There's a fella in OT defending neon's with both balls, and I have not seen any at our local track to have an opinion on 'em. (stock)

You have more track exp than most people I would trust with an opinion and just curious...

LMK if you get a free sec! Thanks amigo.
blake"

Thank you sooo much George for kicking me off my high horse I appreciate the education and will now regard the butt ugly lima beaned cars with a little more appreciation in cornering ability. I won't give 'em anything else though!

------------------
If life gives you lemons, squeeze the juice into a water pistol and squirt it into other peoples eyes.
It will especially burn if they recently had LASIK.

PFF
System Bot
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2002 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
Alright Somone tell me where to send the video please !!!!!!!!!
and as for the person that says i been watching the fast and the fuirois to much you obvisly never been to the races before.
or atleast not the ones here.
yea thee are real racers. with racing clubs almsot every "ricer" you see is in one.
and I still dunno why u call them rice cuss the video's you are gonna see. ur gonna see a 1992 hatchback civic dust 1998 mustang GT.
and next week's video ur gonna watch me dust some stangs.
talk all the trash you want. but watch the video's.
untell then go to kazzaa and tell me why that dodge neon is wasting a viper.
put in dodge neon in the serach under video's and u will see a 9.0 second neon. and its a 2000. so its not turboed is it ? since they don't make turbo's for the 2000 yet someone said?
unless he has a new motor in it. which is possible.
but the guy at the neon forum has a 9 second neon and he has his stock mootor just modded out. so they CAN be made fast.
and Roger Im not baging on the fiero I never did im just defending my neon. people talk trash on all kinds of cars all the time. I love lots of cars.
I don't descrminate cuss ones made in a diffrent country or by a certin maker. some dude at the races has a fast as **** kia rio. lol. I wish my car was that fast.
if someone wants to use nos instead of learn to tune there own engine. who cares? its there life not urs so don't call them rice cuss of it! its still a fast car.
I never bagged on the fiero I love the fiero And I don't own one curently but I am trying to save up for a 5 speed fastback gt thats in crappy condtion i can learn to fix up myself.
I dunno what the whole neons vrs fieros handling contest thingy was about. But my fiero handled alot better then my neon when I would hang the wheel one derecrtion in my fiero it was like glued to the road and went that derction. my neon like wobbles back and forth and is sorta scary. and loses traction.
anyways the videos are coming as soon as someone tells me where to send !!!!!
where ??? where ???? where ???
Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2002 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
Video and wing install picture's please.... Thank You!!

Hey... I though you left...???

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2002 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
Well, If your neon is turbo, and you go to "street races" I highly doubt your beating Mustang GT's. The Mustang's can add bolt-on parts and be running 13's easily. A guy at work has a '93 GT lowered with a supercharger. The thing blasts into the high 11's. Dyno shows it's pushing 450hp. Now just doing a quick search on Drag Racing neons, I found a guy who installed a supercharger designed for the Prowler, modified it for his R/T neon and made a custom pulley to drive it harder. Here is a quote from his day at a "REAL" drag strip:

"We more than doubled the stock HP output! Jeeez! 13.82 @ 102mph. The motor took first gear launches at 2000RPM with cylinder pressures that should have shot the plugs through the hood......"

remember this is with a modified SC not a turbo (so it has no turbo lag). If someone says they have a 9 second neon with the stock motor and just bolting on items, I say ! You obviously have no idea what it takes to get to 9-seconds.
As an example, The Rod Shop known for building drag racing cars took a Fiero race car, (not a street car) Installed a built super gas 3.0L SD4. Pushing almost 400hp and 300 torque with a weight of 2100 lbs (including fuel and driver) Hit the 1/4 mile in 10.47 @ 126mph. Now you want me to believe a 2500 2.0L neon can hit 9 seconds with "bolt-on" items to a stock engine?!?

I doubt your car hits low 15's in the 1/4.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 04-25-2002).]

AgaricX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2002 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AgaricXClick Here to visit AgaricX's HomePageSend a Private Message to AgaricXDirect Link to This Post
I messaged him. I'll post the video when I get it.

------------------

'85 SE 3800SC 5 Spd
I WANT A FASTBACK!!!

falconhulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2002 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falconhulkSend a Private Message to falconhulkDirect Link to This Post
Orief, I have a Mopar performance mag that has a "recipe" for a 9 second neon. The turbo alone get it to 11 seconds. New heads , headers, and a few other bolt ons got it to the 9's. Again, not arguing just pointing out facts. I can give you the issue number and page. BTW why do you have such a hard time thinking that? The Dodge 4 cy 2.2 turbos from the 80's are capable of this also.

[This message has been edited by falconhulk (edited 04-25-2002).]

Pontiaddict

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2002 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiaddictSend a Private Message to PontiaddictDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by falconhulk:
Orief, I have a Mopar performance mag that has a "recipe" for a 9 second neon. The turbo alone get it to 11 seconds. New heads , headers, and a few other bolt ons got it to the 9's. Again, not arguing just pointing out facts. I can give you the issue number and page. BTW why do you have such a hard time thinking that? The Dodge 4 cy 2.2 turbos from the 80's are capable of this also.

The only 9 second turbo Neon that I've heard of has over $10k invested into the engine plus nitrous. Hardly a few bolt-ons

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2002 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by falconhulk:

[This message has been edited by falconhulk (edited 04-25-2002).]

First, in my first post I was incorrect. The neon does NOT weigh 2500 lbs. A neon R/T weighs 2726. (about the same as a V-6 Fiero) This was verified via 3 independent spec listings on the net and a friends Neon in the parking lot.

Now, 9-seconds is very quick. Using the example above and calculating the Neon's true weight, You would need roughly 550hp to get a 2700 lbs car down the 1/4 mile in 9 seconds. I have relatives that drag race. I have seen what it takes to get down the 1/4 mile in 9 seconds. I do not believe a 150hp 2.0L engine with 2-bolt mains would hold together boosted at that much power. At least not for too long. Also the Neon is a FWD car. Traction is another factor. How many Pro drag racers use FWD? NONE. Every 9-second car on the track is a full tube steel chassis not a FWD unibody. If it was so easy to just bolt-on $10,000 worth of stuff, Why are they spending $30K-$40K for a full tube steel chassis? If just bolting on a turbo "it gets 11's" they why does the Neon exampled above only get high 13's with a modified supercharger? It's a neon it has the 2.0L in fact it was a 2001 R/T. I think you have your facts mixed up. The old 2.2 turbo's with the inter-coolers were nice. But they only got into the mid 12's. Most street racers have cars that run in the 11's and 12's. Occasionally you get a few who get into the 10's. But getting 9's is not that easy. It is easier to get a 15 second car into the 12's then it is to go from the 10's to the 9's. Especially with street tires to boot.

I really don't care what a Dodge performance magazine "says". Do the mods, take it to a real track and run it. Besides from what you describe from the magazine, Your changing everything but the short block. The above post by 84trev stated a stock engine with some bolt-ons. Not a rebuilt engine. As your performance magazine seems to portray.

As another example, is Archie's drag car. The car has a 450hp dual-quad V-8. Gobs more torque than any forced induction 2.0L. Archie has also removed many things from the car to reduce weight. The car at a guess is probably closer to 2500 lbs. It is a coupe body. Now even Archie agree's the car is probably low 11's maybe even high 10's. He doesn't street race but he's been at drag strips for many years as I have. Your 9-second Neon using a stock engine is a fantasy created to sell an economy car as a performance platform.

BTW ~ The Neon metioned above was also driven by me for a bit. Yes the Neon given it's suspension design and short wheel base would do very well in an AutoX. But once the speed gets over about 30-35mph the front starts to push. I would bet that in the small courses which is generally what they run on, these cars would do very well. Kind of reminds me of the CRX's and Rabbit's of the late 80's, 1 tire in the air and going around hairpin turns with ease. I would like to see individual track results for them on a real race course. I'm talking taking corners at 50-60mph or more. The Fiero with it's lower center of gravity and larger wheel base would eat a Neon for breakfast. (Stock/Stock or modded/modded)
There are reasons that different levels of racing have different classes. On the faster speed courses, cars like Vette's and Vipers will do better than any short wheel based car. Larger wheel based cars are better for stability and the rear wheel drive configuration is better at higher speeds.
If I was to run the autoX's around here then yes a Neon would be great. But on a real road course I'll take a Fiero. FWD cars do not do well on fast road courses.

GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2002 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post

while us "ricers" pay 300 bucks and double are horsepower at the push of a button!

well.... for a few seconds

------------------
Adam J. B.
1970 Chevelle SS, 496 stroker BBC, 750 N/A hp
likes single digit runs
IM AOL: GTFiero & Rumpdetective (dont ask)

WeAZz2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2002 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WeAZz2M6Send a Private Message to WeAZz2M6Direct Link to This Post
I don't know about that 9 sec. neon, but I have seen a 10 sec. civic up close and personal. As of last year it had claim to Canada's fastest civic.
This car was nothing like a civic, It was completetly tubbed and rolled, with a fiberglass body. and a engine that would blow something pretty much everytime out to the track.
I'm not saying that civic's and neons are the same, but I highly doubt that a 9 sec. neon would be streetable. How many 9 sec. cars have you seen on the streets?
The thing you gotta keep in mind when reading those articles is that they will pretty much print any number you tell em to with a list of mods that you've done. I take em' with a grain of salt. The ones that show dyno's and/or time slips are a different story.

------------------
Auto racing fans fall into two categories:Tattooed,shirtless,sewermouthed drunks, and their Husbands

GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2002 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
http://members.tripod.com/~juan_espero/engine.html

if you were closer id challenge you against our N/A chevelle (if you ricers know what N/A means)

PFF
System Bot
Neal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2002 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NealClick Here to visit Neal's HomePageSend a Private Message to NealDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTFiero1:

if you were closer id challenge you against our N/A chevelle (if you ricers know what N/A means)

Interesting article, im actually a little suprised at that the total bill came up to 4 grand, but still 10,500 for the honda motor just hurts...
AND while they may both be 500hp thats only half the story i want to see some tq numbers, anyone wanna bet the 455 is at least 50% more

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2002 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTFiero1:

falconhulk, Follow the link above, $10K of engine work to hit 500hp in a 2500lbs Civic and the place that builds the engine claims low 11's. Now you want us to believe a neon with a 2.0L 150hp engine just gets a turbo bolted up and it can go as fast as the Civic???? Not to mention the Civic weighs 200lbs LESS than a Neon. They even state the block needs to be strengthened to attain the HP levels.

Dumba$$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2002 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dumba$$Send a Private Message to Dumba$$Direct Link to This Post
can we all stop talkin smack and post a FUC*ING VIEDO!!!!!

ill belive it when i see it!!!

------------------
Rich
Sioux Falls SD

86' 2m6 4.10-too many extras to list
92' BMW 325i-cold air intake, borla exhaust
98' Acura CL 3.0-, cold air intake

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2002 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
Wow.. a 455.. theres a real piece of work.. Of course the torque is going to double it, the engine is about 5x the size! Lets look at a rotary though.. 255hp, 80cid.. Now thats an engine.
Neal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2002 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NealClick Here to visit Neal's HomePageSend a Private Message to NealDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnnyK:
Lets look at a rotary though.. 255hp, 80cid.. Now thats an engine.

but look at your gas bills, you may as well drive the 455

Hartz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2002 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HartzSend a Private Message to HartzDirect Link to This Post
You guys thought he meant 9 seconds in the quarter mile? Oh, that explains all of the arguing. I was thinking 9 seconds 0-60!

This video is going to be something, I can tell!

Hartz

85 gt fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2002 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 gt fieroSend a Private Message to 85 gt fieroDirect Link to This Post
I wanna see the video to, and when we see it you better not say you put a ferrai body kit on your neon

Randy

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2002 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
Ok, Trevor... I found someone that'll post the video... Now Let's do it...
Performance1

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-26-2002 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Performance1Send a Private Message to Performance1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Smoooooth GT:
Ok, Trevor... I found someone that'll post the video... Now Let's do it...

PM his ass....

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock