Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  how much does it cost to have a wing installed on my neon? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
how much does it cost to have a wing installed on my neon? by 84fierotrevor
Started on: 04-13-2002 07:49 PM
Replies: 251
Last post by: Raydar on 05-23-2002 04:45 PM
Smoooooth GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2002 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
Treeeeeeevorr....

Helllloooo??

Ohhh Noo.... He left looking for a Tricked Out Neon... He just realized he forgot his camera.. What this is!!!
IP: Logged
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2002 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by falconhulk:
"your neon has a sohc motor in it and its probably a 135 hp model unless you got an r/t or an acr. a mitsubishi eclipse had a 2.0 liter dohc 4 cyl that is found in the pre-99 neons, and thats not the turbo motor in the eclipses. the turbo motor is the 4g63 and was never put into a neon from the factory. "

Actually thats a common mistake. Chrysler did not use the Mitsu 2.0 in thier cars. Mitsu used an engine based on the Chrysler (not the other way around) but with diffrent heads and virtually everything else. Although it had the same roots they ended up being totally diffrent powerplants.

i acually knew that chrysler made the 420A (?) (N/A eclipse 2.0) and mitsu made the 4g63 (Turbo eclipse motor). I think i worded it wrong though. I didnt realize that they had different heads and everything. I learn something new everyday.

I think the 420A is the N/A motor, that might be the 1.8 though idk.

Don_Chi_Chi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2002 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Don_Chi_ChiClick Here to visit Don_Chi_Chi's HomePageSend a Private Message to Don_Chi_ChiDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fierotrevor:
no matter what anyone says NOS is dollar 4 Dollar the best mod you cvan buy for the most hp.

------------------

Wanted: MK3 Toyota Supra, any leads welcome!

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2002 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
i agree, NOX is for guys who dont know how to do anything else but bolt aftermarket stuff on.

diclaimer-I do realize that there are those that do modifications and just add NOX for that little extra. we even had a few Nascar guys when I was racing that got disqualified a few time using it in their race cars. The odor was ez to detect when they passed you. theyd get really sneaky and run the nozzel under a bunch of plumbing so you couldnt see it, welded up a section of the roll cage tubes as a tank. Ud never see it if you didnt smell it.

------------------

Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 142
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2002 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post
hey maybe someone should go see if Tervor has superglued himself to the trunk of his neon while trying to put the bat wing on.
Neal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2002 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NealClick Here to visit Neal's HomePageSend a Private Message to NealDirect Link to This Post
hmmm, what could be going on trevor...
where are these pics of your turbo. It is "tomorrow" now and i see nothing, as im sure you have nothing.

Kids these days, talking smack about adding turbos like supersizing fries...

85 gt fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2002 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 gt fieroSend a Private Message to 85 gt fieroDirect Link to This Post
Not to knock on neons but today i WASTED a neon with my 5.0, i mean it wasnt even close, there is no way your neon will beat a 5.0 turbo or not, tye 5.0 is way better than a I-4.

Randy

------------------

The 4.9 V8 conversion has begun

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2002 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
Do you really think he might have had to go to another state to look for one..?? that's what I smell.... better get my boot's... I don't have any boot's...
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2002 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
ok here u go u ****ing corn dogs !
wgat you got to say now? go ahead and look for the "site" i stole that pic from if thas what you think.
Neal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2002 03:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NealClick Here to visit Neal's HomePageSend a Private Message to NealDirect Link to This Post
Ahh to be young and ignorant...

Now do i need to explain to you that the pic you posted show the most kickass turbo ive ever seen...

NOPE i dont need to do that because that pic shows me a tube, probably a CAI...

Try harder next time trevor...

Oh wait in i dont know a damn thing about cars world (trevors world) that tube *is* the turbo.

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2002 03:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

ok here u go u ****ing corn dogs !
wgat you got to say now? go ahead and look for the "site" i stole that pic from if thas what you think.

Ok... Where's the turbo?? Is it mounted right under the battery???

PFF
System Bot
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2002 05:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
nO THATS MY ICEMAN COLD AIR INTAKE I DIDN'T INSTALL IT I PAID TO HAVE IT INSTALLED LIKE I SAID I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ENGINES.
I DUNNO I THOUGH YOU GUYS COULD TELL WEATHER THE ENGINE WAS TURBOED OR NOT FROM THE PIC.
WANT ME TO TAKE PICS OF THW WORD HANE I ITS UNDERNEATH THOSE SILVER TUBES I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT A TURBO LOOKS LIKE I THINK ITS ROUND THOUGH RIGHT? LIKE I SAID THE GUY AT J&L AUTO TOLD ME ABOUT IT BEFORE I EVEN KNEW BOUT IT.
ACCTULY WHEN I GO UP TO WEST COAST FIERO THEY CAN LOOK AT IT IF THEY WANT AND SHOW U GUYS.

I AM PROUD RICE!!

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2002 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
well going by the pic, a turbo wouldnt fit between the radiator core and battery. and under the battery is the inner fender. You just made your car sound so fast everyones gonna be skeptical.

also, you take a guys word that he does what he says without even knowing anything about one. Come on over and Ill also put on a supercharger and afterburner, so no one can beat you ever, only cost ya $1500, guaranteed.

85 gt fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2002 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 gt fieroSend a Private Message to 85 gt fieroDirect Link to This Post
Thats no turbo its a stock engine on it with a tube for the air filter, if that was a turbo like you said you would have been able to see it, a turbo look like a fan and has tubes coming out of it, i dont see any tubes?

Randy

MikeHockkizitchy
No longer registered
Report this Post04-19-2002 11:41 AM   Send a Private Message to 85 gt fieroDirect Link to This Post
Why do you people care so much?? Makeing a big deal out of nothing!
MikeHockkizitchy
No longer registered
Report this Post04-19-2002 11:44 AM   Send a Private Message to 85 gt fieroDirect Link to This Post

MikeHockkizitchy

Originally posted by JohnnyK:
A guy I know had an 82 I think, but I think that had 190 hp stock.> i can't imagine an 85 only having 170.. Anyways, that would stick hand a Fiero it's ass.

considering that was a very low end performance year 82-83 to be exact , hell the 82 T/A only had 145hp!!!! 5l mustangs are way overrated...

falconhulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2002 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falconhulkSend a Private Message to falconhulkDirect Link to This Post
nope, no turbo there. The stock airbox is in the rear and ties to the intake via a plastic tube. It makes sense to ditch it for a new intake if you are putting in a turbo as it takes up a lot of room. The exaust manifold is in the rear of the engine. Even if the turbo was hidden in the back then there would have to be a tube to the intake. The silver tubes you refer to are the intake manifold and they go straight to the aftermarket cold air intake.

[This message has been edited by falconhulk (edited 04-19-2002).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2002 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Yeesh. I wondered how a post about installing a wing on a Neon could make two pages. Kinda sorry I looked.

TooneRz.
Charlie the TooneRz.

Sorry Charlie.

------------------
Raydar

From the Department of Redundancy Department.

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2002 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MikeHockkizitchy:
Why do you people care so much?? Makeing a big deal out of nothing!

For the same reason you do ,Ryan... LIES!!!!!

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2002 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
he should have known the wraith that would follow when he posted his neon could beat most of the Fieros and Mustangs. You gotta keep it to yourself unless ur ready to put up.
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2002 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
What do you mean theres no Turbo in there ???? there ****ing has to be the mecianic said there was and i as soon as my friend lets me borrow his digital camra again i will take pics of the word hane.
why else would my engine blow up like that?
plus he charged me to turn its psi down. i think he said psi.
PFF
System Bot
Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2002 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

What do you mean theres no Turbo in there ????
pics of the word hane.

why else would my engine blow up like that?

#1... lmao... there's just not...
#2...It's not Hane... It's Hahn....
#3... Checked Oil lately??

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2002 04:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Smoooooth GT:
#1... lmao... there's just not...
#2...It's not Hane... It's Hahn....
#3... Checked Oil lately??

look dude read my other posts I told you It says Hane NOT hanh.
second I don't know why the f$uck I stood up for you when that guy said you ripped him off.
Third Cuss I don't know much about engines, But Like cars makes me dumb?
I will take my car to west coast fiero one of my days off soon and let them see if it has a turbo.
I would like to learn about engines but Who's gonna teach me when there all Yelling bout how stupid bolt ons are.
everyone has there own opion but im not gonna argue.
thanxs for the hanhcraft turbo site though whoever posted it I want to turbo My car IF it doesn't have one on it yet. also can I twin turbo my neon.

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post04-20-2002 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post

What do you mean theres no Turbo in there ???? the mecianic said there was and he charged me to turn its psi down. i think he said psi.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Did he change your muffler bearings at the same time? How bout your blinker fluid? Did he check the level on that? What a chump...

Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2002 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
np, about the turbo site....

as for the tubo it will most likely be a silver circular casing that looks like a compressor housing of some sort. Sorry, but your car isnt turboed, it has a cold air intake (CAI - which are extremly benefitial on neons).

sorry, if I dogged on you a little bit because i know my neon doesnt have a chance against my formula.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2002 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
at the end of the 2 tubes, under the cruise servo and coil is a turbocharger. About as big as an alternator.
White88cpe
No longer registered
Report this Post04-20-2002 11:03 AM   Send a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Tevor, you're from Cali? I could have swore you were canadian, if not just by the way you act.

dont flame me canadians, i'll cut ya gizzards out.

------------------
Ray - rturner@fierosite.com - http://www.fierosite.com/
1988 Stage 2 Aero Coupe - 1985 Mustang 3.8 Convertable

Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2002 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
Don't make me come down there with my Hockey Stick, and Curling Broom!
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2002 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post

also can I twin turbo my neon.

Why stop at twins, put one on each exhaust port, and be the first with a quad turbo!!! Quad 4+4...should beat anything on the street!

Hartz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2002 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HartzSend a Private Message to HartzDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:
Yeesh. I wondered how a post about installing a wing on a Neon could make two pages. Kinda sorry I looked.

LOL. Same here. I look at the title of the thread a few days ago and figure, "Ah, someone will tell him how to handle it. Not going to bother opening it." This morning I'm looking through thread titles and there's two pages. I'm wondering, "What the heck is so hard about putting a wing on a car?" Yikes...

And whether you do or do not have a turbo on your car, from the amount of intelligence displayed within this post - you shouldn't!

Hartz

------------------
'84 SC 5.7L V8
'85 SE 3.1L V6 Turbo
Hartz's Toys

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2002 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
Trevor,
Damn, excuuuuuse me... Is it my fault that ... nevermind!! I was just teasing you ... hell, it took you 3 day's to walk outside and take a picture of your motor..

As for your Twin turbo question... yes, just add one more..

ps. Don't take up for me again. If I need help again... I'll ask my daughter....

[This message has been edited by Smoooooth GT (edited 04-20-2002).]

PFF
System Bot
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2002 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
oh hell yea !! I just got magnaflow exsuast installed in my car !! it doesn't sound high pictehed but it sounds like the new dodge srt-4. im so damn excited !
and as for my blinker fluid i think I Know enough about cars to change that myself !! jeez.
Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2002 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post
Trevor, I'm curious what your first language is, was english a second language or did you just drop out of school? I'm having trouble deciphering these rants about the killer Neon, which seem to be pure trolling...

How much did you pay for this killer turbo system?

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2002 04:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scott-Wa:
Trevor, I'm curious what your first language is, was english a second language or did you just drop out of school? I'm having trouble deciphering these rants about the killer Neon, which seem to be pure trolling...

How much did you pay for this killer turbo system?

my firwt languge is gaburgisoun.
and my turbo system costs 1000 million dollars ! bwa ha ha ha !
wanna buy one from me I will throw in a free can of sunroof fluid.
and some 20 hp stickers. that say SON. on them

Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2002 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
I have seen some some nice moded Neons, but never seen one with a turbo...yet. Neons are OK I guess, as the old saying goes, to each his own.
Now, if ya want to talk about a custom Tiburon FX
Talk about a Mustang, Fiero, Honda (etc., etc.) killer

Steve

------------------

http://kelleyfamilyfieros.50megs.com

85 gt fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2002 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 gt fieroSend a Private Message to 85 gt fieroDirect Link to This Post
Trevor: you made a mistake when you said you had a turbo, we know you meant to say you WANTED a turbo so lets forgot the whole thing.
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2002 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
ok turboed or not I can still waste a mustang GT I did it tonight don't belive me as my friend he was with me. his aim username is killersword11.
who lives in cali with a mustang gt?
or any car equel to fast I want to race you.
I'm seruios.
or how bout this when i go to the races I will record me racing civics mustangs and ect. ect.
I don't know how to put the video online though so csan i mail it to someone that can?
this tuesday is the races. i can have my friend film it.
2who can upload tapes onto computers?
also if u live anywhere in southern cali i would love to race you if u want. no matter what u drive. even if its a corvvette i know i can't beat one but its fun to race none the less.
JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2002 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
I can put videos online.. And dude, I'll smoke you in my 5.7 full size VAN!
Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2002 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

ok turboed or not I can still waste a mustang GT I did it tonight don't belive me as my friend he was with me. his aim username is killersword11.
who lives in cali with a mustang gt?
or any car equel to fast I want to race you.
I'm seruios.
or how bout this when i go to the races I will record me racing civics mustangs and ect. ect.
I don't know how to put the video online though so csan i mail it to someone that can?
this tuesday is the races. i can have my friend film it.
2who can upload tapes onto computers?
also if u live anywhere in southern cali i would love to race you if u want. no matter what u drive. even if its a corvvette i know i can't beat one but its fun to race none the less.

ARE YOU ON DRUG'S???

falconhulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2002 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for falconhulkSend a Private Message to falconhulkDirect Link to This Post

oh hell yea !! I just got magnaflow exsuast installed in my car !! it doesn't sound high pictehed but it sounds like the new dodge srt-4. im so damn excited !
and as for my blinker fluid i think I Know enough about cars to change that myself !! jeez.

Cool. But you do realize that the SRT4 has NO muffler? Thats why its so loud.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock