Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Fiero Ruckus XI - Fredericksburg Texas October 12-14 (Page 6)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fiero Ruckus XI - Fredericksburg Texas October 12-14 by sanderson
Started on: 07-23-2012 11:34 PM
Replies: 272
Last post by: maryjane on 01-18-2013 11:02 AM
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2012 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
3-----2------1----- Blastoff!! See everyone tonight!

IP: Logged
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2012 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
NTFC is off and on the way...Good turn out with 7 cars for the cruise down..
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2012 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
Work has stoped me from making it. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2012 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Stopped for lunch at Woody's....Picked up another Fiero, Solstice and Chanllenger before leaving..So now we r running 8 Fieros deep, a Soltice and a Challenger....

Also Blake has us going the wrong way AGAIN!!!!!!!
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2012 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
The sole El Paso Fiero has arrived. Wifey and I got here about 4 PM. 510 miles, so far, so good.....knock on plastic.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2012 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
NTFC and Mark just rolled in...
NSAN1T

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2012 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NSAN1TSend a Private Message to NSAN1TDirect Link to This Post
Will be there in the morning. Wish I had a running/driveable fiero.
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2012 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Well, the jager schnitzel at the Fredericksburg Brewing Company is outstanding.....as is the Blonde Ale. Long day, gonna hit the hay early. Tomorrow, we tackle the twisted sisters.
sanderson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonDirect Link to This Post
Just a reminder - meet at the Super 8 at 9am tomorrow.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
I was just wondering if it's too late to get 1 of the shirts for this event?

------------------
Ron
We learn good judgement by exercising bad judgement. Such is the human condition, as sad as that sounds.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:
I was just wondering if it's too late to get 1 of the shirts for this event?

Can you get here by 10:00 AM, for the show and shine and then make the cruise ? j/k, .
What size ? Sandeson, the host, may have ordered me two. I wanted medium, he guessed large. One will be enough for me. He may have extras.
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Well I didn't know about the show and shine but I was there well before 10 a.m. No I'm not kidding.

------------------
Ron
We learn good judgement by exercising bad judgement. Such is the human condition, as sad as that sounds.

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 10-13-2012).]

NSAN1T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NSAN1TSend a Private Message to NSAN1TDirect Link to This Post
Well I had a good day, wish I didn't have cash probs so I coulda drove too. But thanks to Revin for letting me ride in the IMSA. It was good to see some people again, like Blake, and to meet new people.
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
We had a blast too. Tomorrow driving around the hill country a bit more, then head home on Monday.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2012 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Just got home at 5:30 pm. 775 mile round trip. Had a GREAT time.
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2012 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Direct Link to This Post
Well we made it home in one piece. The 84 did great as usual. This was the first real test of the 5 speed Isuzu behind the Duke and it makes a HUGE difference. Pics to come soon.

Ben
NEVERDONE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2012 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEDirect Link to This Post
We too had an awesome time! My cars first test as well and had zero issues! Seems like she drives better at 80 going around corners and hills! Thanks for a great route and a great weekend!
JMergen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2012 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JMergenSend a Private Message to JMergenDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to all who stopped to check on me when I picked up that vibration. Got home no problem. Looks like it was a left front brake dragging and a real hot rotor.
What a blast!

JM
Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2012 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithDirect Link to This Post
Got home about 8pm, safe and sound, and was uneffected by the UT traffic, as it was on the opposite side of I35 on both Friday on the way down to Fredericksburg. And then again today back to the Dallas Area...

Thank you sanderson for a well planned Ruckus XI.. I can really appreciate all the effort it takes to pull off something this successful. I really like the t-shirt choices this time around, several colors, as well as pocket options. Every time I wear it will remind me of another GREAT Ruckus!

Lookning forward to the next Ruckus, and hopefully the 30th anniverary this coming summer...

I was very nice to meet up with some old friends as well as making new friendships this w/e.

I will try to post some of the pics I took soon too.

The only regret I have is that I had to drive a support vehicle in the cruise... But it was nice to have "Just in Case" it was really needed.

enuff for now... got to get ready for work tomorrow...

Jim

------------------
The only thing more Fun than Driving a Fiero, is Learning how to Work on one...

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2012 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
We are home as well==hauling 1/2 of the crap sold in Peddler'sburg back with us.

Great time!!

A heck of a job Scott!!

Finally, Ruckus has been there-done that--got the t shirt.

IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2012 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMDirect Link to This Post
I need pics! I need pics!

Pics or it didn't happen.
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2012 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Jane had the camera--no way was I gonna try to take pics and drive too--and I was driving my truck. CliffW had already forewarned me: "If ya look down there instead of at the road--you'll BE down there".

I'm sure someone took pics tho--didn't they?
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2012 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Guess by now you figured I made it home without a issue. This was a great test for the IMSA! who knew after I wrenched on things that they would still hold up for the long trip! Not one single issue! Not even a flat want to say brought the jack for nothing,but it got it's share of helping a fiero (or two)

Scott, GREAT run! I kinda wish the pic on Don's shirt was on ours Dam now I will have to go back and get that one.(with Lupe )
Really needed this release from all the stress work hands out. something about good friends and good Fieros that seems to be the answer! (Can we do something next weekend as well? )

I had fun driving Josh around, good to see him and have him navagate all the twist and turns! VERY FUNNY that Steven did not have a working Fiero

I even got to play around with a Vette on th eway home! Seemed like I made it home in record time

Did I brag about how I had NO ISSUES on this trip??

Let's get all the bugs out and ready for the long haul for the 30th this June!!!
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2012 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
You can probably order the shirts on line in different place I think-- a motorcycle website I think. I saw some last week where the "sisters" were in color and a bit more graphic and scantily clad.
Got mine in a little shop a block off the main drag there in Frdericksburg--don't remember the name of it.

here's one of the places that has them on the web, but I don't know about minimum orders:
http://www.friocanyonmotorc...top.com/t-shirts.htm
I looked on the camera this morning, and there were not many pics. Jane took most of the pics with her phone, and I don't mess with it at all.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-15-2012).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2012 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to thank those of you I saw in Fredericksburg. What a great group of folks. Thanks for allowing me to join in some of the fun.
I didn't do the three twisted sisters but, I'll bet I won the award for who traveled the farthest.

------------------
Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 10-17-2012).]

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2012 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
oh hell YEAH!...

great action shots... Sean's WB and Allan's Finale look great. Too bad the sun wasn't out to make the color's pop.
Looks like we had 20 Fiero's in the cruise, and 6 'other flavor' cruisers, including both pickups.

http://www.jwimaging.exposu...&view=1&photo_page=1

cool idea... and now our R11 cruise is archived for years!

with 20 Fiero's in the cruise.... the total Fiero count was 23. Robs, Geralds, and Will's Fiero not present on the road.

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?
......................................................www.northtexasfieroclub.org

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 10-15-2012).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2012 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I didn't get a good count on the cars, but counted 46 people at Millers Creek lunch, tho I know a few made the event but not the cruise.
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2012 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
Had a great time, those roads were outstanding!
i have a few videos that will be posted later after i pull them off my faux-pro.

edit: videos added.

P.S. I edited out the sound didn't want you to hear Stephen snoring thru the first leg of the cruise. blake must of wore him out the night before.

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 10-15-2012).]

Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2012 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Direct Link to This Post
Well I have to purchase the picture of us from them. I have a couple pictures on my phone I will post now. Becca has some on hers I need to get off of it so I can do that this evening.

This is my favorite one.

Sunday Morning before Breakfast

These pictures are from the cruise on Sunday to pass by Enchanted Rock when we were heading back to Austin

sanderson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2012 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonDirect Link to This Post
FYI,

txmotofoto.com has pictures of our cars on their website for sale.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2012 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sanderson:

FYI,

txmotofoto.com has pictures of our cars on their website for sale.

yup, I included the direct link in my post earlier...

http://www.jwimaging.exposu...&view=1&photo_page=1
PFF
System Bot
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2012 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Cathy purchased one of our car from them this afternoon. We have some photos, but will have to wait until the weekend to upload them from her cell phone on the property here's free WiFi. My digital camera's battery died an unhappy and untimely death early Saturday morning.

One that survived:
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2012 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Splashdown!!

Back in El Paso about 5 PM local time Monday. 1480 miles on this trip, and the Fiero didn't miss a beat. The wife and I went back and drove the sisters again on Sunday, and stopped at the Apple Store in Medina. Funny....not one iPhone or iPod for sale in the whole place..... Delicious turnovers though.

I wanted to take a second and thank everyone for their hospitality. Nellie and I really enjoyed the comaraderie, the cruising, and the cars, and appreciate everyone welcoming a couple folks from way out West. Jan and Gloria had a great time too, though they had to suffer through the event in a Camaro SS. We had a great time and want to do it again down the road. And a special thanks to Scott for organizing and hosting an amazing event. I know it wasn't easy, but you made it look that way.

I will post pics once we get settled back in (probably Tuesday evening, back to work Tuesday AM). We got a few decent ones.....but just for chuckles, here's a shot of the Texas Wildlife I gathered and relocated

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2012 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:
I kinda wish the pic on Don's shirt was on ours Dam now I will have to go back and get that one.(with Lupe )
Did I brag about how I had NO ISSUES on this trip??

NO ISSUES ?
, . Revin, you have issues, .
Any time 'ya want to come back, call me. The cruise is also fun at night. The Three Sisters, clockwise, counter clockwise, is a whole new three way.

Originally posted by blakeinspace:
... with 20 Fiero's in the cruise.... the total Fiero count was 23. Robs, Geralds, and Will's Fiero not present on the road.

Nor cliffw's. Heh, my 88 GT didn't make it but now I also have an 88 Formula, with a 3800SC engine.

Originally posted by blackrams:
I didn't do the three twisted sisters but, I'll bet I won the award for who traveled the farthest.

Yes sir, you did. You get to pay our fuel bill. We will frame the receipt for you. It was great meeting you. Thanks for coming.
Heh, what are the chances ? I sent the wife Friday to get insurance (proof) and tags for my 88GT. The numerals are 1988. Hehe, the odds are better with my wife, she came back with 1977. I sent her back to get 1988, .
EDIT
Frizlefrak, Dan, it was also great meeting you and your wife.

On a side note, the white Fieros, eh, caught my admiration. Not just the Fieros, the color. I had come to hate white on any vehicle. The Fiero wears it well.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 10-15-2012).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2012 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

VERY FUNNY that Steven did not have a working Fiero

I caught this...I let you have the fastest Fiero for one show...Better have enjoyed it cause I will be up and going shortly. And just so you know I will be back Iced/Ported and all the other goodies I had before.....

The show was great...Loved the cruise( the part I wasnt sleeping)...Was good to see everyone and hang out...

Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2012 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the video Tom, I wasn't able to look around much lol
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
For you folks that left Sunday afternoon on 290 going East--Did you run into a 20 mile long swarm of some sort of little moths or butterflies?
They were 10x worse than love bugs ever were, and 5x their size.
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
A few from the Old Tunnel State Park.

Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

For you folks that left Sunday afternoon on 290 going East--Did you run into a 20 mile long swarm of some sort of little moths or butterflies?
They were 10x worse than love bugs ever were, and 5x their size.

Yep, we ran into a few of those too. Need to go have the car washed tomorrow.
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Great RUCKUS XI. Thanks to Scott & Ellen for hosting and the great polo shirts.

We really enjoyed the whole event other than the trials & tribulations of a new motor/trans conversion. Thanks to everyone for your support and great event. It was great to visit and just hang out with all the guys and their gals. Thanks Tom for the use of your charging cord, mine was on the counter where I left it.
Sharon & I stayed overnight Sunday, got up and went to San Antonio to my old Goodyear shop. The 4.9L started right up, idled great and we had no issues. The tech put the scanner on and low & behold no codes. The TPS & IAC motor were perfect in range. We cleaned the throttle body for good measure and we headed home to Flint, Texas. The 4.9 ran great, then the “service engine “came on, but it is still running great. I stopped for gas and now the IAC has my idle at 1,000 rpm where it was at 600 rpm before. So I have a mystery to solve. I either have a bad new IAC or my ECM is heating up and acting up. Any ideas from you guys, other than putting in a 3.8 S/C, would be appreciated.

DARKWING
Mike Parker
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock