Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Fiero Ruckus XI - Fredericksburg Texas October 12-14 (Page 5)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fiero Ruckus XI - Fredericksburg Texas October 12-14 by sanderson
Started on: 07-23-2012 11:34 PM
Replies: 272
Last post by: maryjane on 01-18-2013 11:02 AM
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2012 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sanderson:

************UPDATE************

The cruise route will take us down to Leakey where we will have lunch at the Mill Creek Cafe. They have a wide menu including a salad bar so there should be enough choice to keep everyone happy. On the way into Leakey we will travel over RR337 and on the way out over RR336. These are two of the three famed "Twisted Three Sisters". I'm considering taking the third (RR 335) but I thought I'd get the mileage with and without and see what ya'll think. I'll post on that later tonight.

Most excellent choice for the cruise. Fact is, the Three Sisters is the very reason I had wanted to host another Ruckus. I had not discovered it when I did RRR6. The Three Sisters makes a loop and is fun clockwise or counter clockwise. The views are most excellent though you really need to keep your eyes on the road's curves.
Would we like pictures ?

There's a father/son team who sit at various places in The Hill Country and snap photos of bikers driving by. Later, you can visit their web site, TxMotofoto.com and order prints. They took the above picture of me rounding a corner in the hills on R.R. 337.

I'd bet we could get them to set up for our passing. They might be there anyways.
Scott, if you can not change my shirt order, no worries. I'll take it.

IP: Logged
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2012 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Wow,

7 days counting today. Guess I should fast, so I can eat at all the places Blake has on the caravan route.

Mike Parker
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2012 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
No doubt. But fasting ain't gonna happen....a few more miles on the bike.

Still fidgeting with my car doing stuff getting it (hopefully) ready for a 1200 mile trip. Replaced CTS, which solved a cold start issue. Installed a cutoff switch to cure the phantom wipe problem permanently, and swapped out the EGR valve....no more code 32. I have something rattling underneath that is bugging me....will address that next. Then check all the fluids, cross myself and say a little prayer, and hit the road Friday morning. Adventure awaits!
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2012 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
I wasted the weekend. Instead of working on my Fiero, I held a "wife's garage sale". I need to get busy. I'll be pulling my GT out of mothballs. Haven't had it registered in years. I want new tires/cheap insurance.

Originally posted by cliffw:
Opinions please. I want a new set of tires and my preferred BFG Radial Compition T/A's are no longer made. I am running stock rims. What are some worthy choices to consider. The Comp T/A was a harder rubber if I remember correctly.

Recommendations ? I want my speedo to be accurate so I need stock sizes in that regard. What is the widest width I can run before I have rubbing issues on turns/bumps ?
While stocking the shelves for the garage sale, I came across a few Fiero items someone might be interested in. I have from an 86 GT, a 120mph speedo, the auxillary GT gage pod with the radio surround it mounts to, in grey. I actually have the complete console including the skeleton (which I have read are hard to find in decent condition). I also have an extra skeleton as I heard they are hard to find and fragile to ship. Also, I have a Fiero sunroof shade insert panel in the factory bag with the Fiero name/logo on it. I have no idea what these items would bring nor I looking to make money. A fair price takes any/all.
Heh, also at the garage sale, one gentleman asked if my Fiero was for sale. One week befora the ruckus, , ? I asked him if he knew what it was. He did. I told him about the Ruckus and e-mailed him a link, along with a craigslist ad for a 85 GT for sale (forever) here in Kerrville. He will likely come to Fredericksburg to view all of our Fieros. There is another local here who has an 84 Fiero and is the original owner of it. I had her register on PFF before, RubyRed something is her user name. I will track her down and see if she can make the Ruckus.
Oh, I need a rear trunk lock for my 88GT. t must be an 88 as the key from a 87 will not fit into an 88 and I want to match my 88 door key. Unless that is something a locksmith can solve.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2012 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35965 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Temperature right now, 28 miles south of Fredericksburg, low 40's with a brisk wind. Brrr ....
Ruckus weekend low of about 60o, high at about 80o, mostly cloudy but Satyrady afternoon sun, winds at about 10+mph.
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2012 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Cliff,

Sent you PM, you have same phone I always had for you?

Mike Parker

Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2012 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Temperature right now, 28 miles south of Fredericksburg, low 40's with a brisk wind. Brrr ....
Ruckus weekend low of about 60o, high at about 80o, mostly cloudy but Satyrady afternoon sun, winds at about 10+mph.

Good info....pack short sleeves and a light jacket for the evenings.

My Fiero is loaded up and almost ready for the road trip. Looking forward to this.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2012 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroseblack:
Cliff,
Sent you PM, you have same phone I always had for you?

Got the PM(s) and my contact info is the same as it was 10+ years ago.

Ooops. Revin, you have a PM.
2MidV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2012 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2MidV8Send a Private Message to 2MidV8Direct Link to This Post
Scott,
Is it too late to order a shirt? Will you have any extras? Black XL would be good........
Shaun

------------------
85 MadArch Widebody Notchback 4.9 4T60E
88GT 3800SC ZZP NIC F23

fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2012 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
What,

Only five days counting today............................What the heck. The DARKWING is in pieces all over the garage.

DARKWING
Mike Parker
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2012 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

What,

Only five days counting today............................What the heck. The DARKWING is in pieces all over the garage.

DARKWING
Mike Parker

Well my car is down and want be makjng it at all. Trying to wrap up anotjer members car so it can be there..cutting it close...

PFF
System Bot
sanderson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2012 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2MidV8:

Scott,
Is it too late to order a shirt? Will you have any extras? Black XL would be good........
Shaun

I'll check tomorrow.

sanderson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2012 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonDirect Link to This Post

sanderson

2203 posts
Member since Sep 2001
I ran the cruise route last Saturday, ate at Alamo Springs Cafe and saw the bat cave. The viewing is better if you pay the $5 fee to sit right at the cave mouth. The bat are still there and based on weather forecasts should still be there next Saturday. Weather is projected to be a high in 80's but I recommend bringing a light jacket as you never can tell for sure.

Alamo Springs Cafe does have a legitimate claim for the best burger in Texas.

RR336 on the cruise route is fantastic - it's top on my list of cruise in Texas now.

I'll firm up a meeting place for Saturday morning tomorrow and post tomorrow afternoon.

Looking forward to seeing ya'll this weekend.

Scott
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2012 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
T minus 72 hours. We launch at 0600 on Friday morning. 492 miles from El Paso to Fredericksburg. Wish us luck
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2012 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Oh, I need a rear trunk lock for my 88GT. It must be an 88 as the key from a 87 will not fit into an 88 lock cylinder and I want to match my 88 door key. Unless that is something a locksmith can solve.

BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2012 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Frizlefrak:

T minus 72 hours. We launch at 0600 on Friday morning. 492 miles from El Paso to Fredericksburg. Wish us luck

Good luck! It’s only 574 miles from Little Rock for me Looks like I’ll be bring the Solstice Coupe again this year. My 88GT is still at Whodeanie’s and my 87 project car bumped into my saws all.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2012 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

bah!... 492 miles? that is just an afternoon stroll...

good luck y'all!

In other news, I heard from the Okies... Most of them are leaving Friday also.
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2012 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

We knocked out 1600 miles in 4 days for the 2010 AAFO meet. Hope to do the same on this trip.
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2012 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

good luck y'all!

In other news, I heard from the Okies... Most of them are leaving Friday also.

Blake PM sent
cultcar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2012 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cultcarSend a Private Message to cultcarDirect Link to This Post
Well, I'm gonna pick up the rear of the cruise so as not to crash the Fiero party too much. Maybe this way Mr. Parker will lessen his ridiculing of me for not having my Fiero on the road for 7 (?) years. And, thanks to Richard (the doc) Lazor for incenting me to come out on Satufday. If it's any consolation, my Fiero was actually on the lift last week as I made it a rolling chassis again. (Need help sourcing a Ecotec 2.0 Turbo donor car w/ F35 MT!!!)
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2012 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cultcar:

Well, I'm gonna pick up the rear of the cruise so as not to crash the Fiero party too much. Maybe this way Mr. Parker will lessen his ridiculing of me for not having my Fiero on the road for 7 (?) years. And, thanks to Richard (the doc) Lazor for incenting me to come out on Satufday. If it's any consolation, my Fiero was actually on the lift last week as I made it a rolling chassis again. (Need help sourcing a Ecotec 2.0 Turbo donor car w/ F35 MT!!!)

"Not to crash the Fiero Party" You have crashed more cars than Evil Knievel. I am surprised the great republic of Texas hasn't taken your licence. I supose you will be bringing that P.O.S. "Z-Car". "Z-Car" is right, puts me to sleep. I hope you can keep up with the "dukes", at lease. I want you to come, maybe you can pay me the three beers you have owed me since 2010.

Looking foward to seeing you buddy.

Mike Parker
PFF
System Bot
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2012 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Looking forward to this event.

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 10-11-2012).]

sanderson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2012 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonDirect Link to This Post

Friday meet and greet - Fredericksburg Brewing Company on Main Street. We'll be there at 7pm

Saturday morning - meet up at 9 am at HEB store parking lot. It is on S. Adams St. (aka Hwy 16) heading south out of town. We'll take off at 10 am for cruise.

If anybody needs to reach me my cell is 361-215-4470.
sanderson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2012 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonDirect Link to This Post

sanderson

2203 posts
Member since Sep 2001

Sorry Scott, I dropped the ball. I have been away from the internet and was not able to keep abreast of the thread. Black medium with pocket, if you guessed correctly.

On the way but won't be done until Monday - will have to mail to you.
sanderson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2012 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonDirect Link to This Post

sanderson

2203 posts
Member since Sep 2001

Originally posted by 2MidV8:

Scott,
Shaun

On the way but won't be done until Monday - will have to mail to you.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Weather update. 30% chance of isolated thundershowers for the Saturday cruise. 20% chance of rain Friday. 30% chance of rain Sunday. It is drizzling right now here in Kerrville.
That said, air up your spare tires/donuts. There are no facilities to save us while in the cruise. Also, in the event of a mechanical mishap, there is almost no room to pull over, especially 'en mass as a group. The road is a popular cruise route. We will be sharing it with bikers and other car clubs, although it is late in the season so traffic hopefully will be lite. I have and will bring two traffic cones and two high visibility vests to warn oncoming traffic if we have to stop and attend to a breakdown. Anybody got a couple of hand held flags ? We might need to warn traffic to slow down before they round a curve or top a hill to give them time to see us. Also, I will have my tow dolly hooked to my truck and ready to go in case it is needed.

What,

Heh, it looks like I will be spreading my GT's pieces out. Gotta drop the tank for a fuel pump, finish up a speaker install, button up a "tilt" steering repair job, still gotta get new shoes, registration/inspection/insurance. The list goes on. It needs washing, compounding, and waxing. The tint on the T tops is yellowing/peeling and needs to be removed. The headliner need redoing (not this time). Both I and my Fiero needed this cruise. I have neglected the Fiero (and my CJ7) these last few years as the economy has made it difficult to justify insuring/registering/ and inspecting things I rarely use. I am hyped. 'Cause I know I am gonna fall back in love with my Fiero, .
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Gee,
Now I know why my wife, Sharon, agreed to come along so easily.

Shopping…and I thought it was love.
We are looking forward to catching up with everyone. Oh and shopping.

Mike & Sharon Parker

Shopping…and I thought it was love.
We are looking forward to catching up with everyone. Oh and shopping.
Mike & Sharon Parker
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
A man and his wallet are soon parted, especially if he is married, .
My wish list :
Two lace wheel center caps with the Fiero emblem logo.
Front passenger side fender GT round trim which houses the side marker lights.
Bradley Jay

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayDirect Link to This Post
If only coursework wasn't so burdening. This sounds like a bunch of fun.
sanderson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonDirect Link to This Post

Thought I better clear mtg in HEB parking lot with the management and they we're NO. So let's just plan on meeting at Super 8 Hotel on Main Street. We'll take off from there for the cruise at 10 am.
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Also, in the event of a mechanical mishap, there is almost no room to pull over, especially 'en mass as a group. The road is a popular cruise route. We will be sharing it with bikers and other car clubs, although it is late in the season so traffic hopefully will be lite. I have and will bring two traffic cones and two high visibility vests to warn oncoming traffic if we have to stop and attend to a breakdown.

We're driving Fieros....not a question of if..... { I kid, I kid}

T minus 14.75 hours
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sanderson:
Thought I better clear mtg in HEB parking lot with the management and they we're NO.

It's a public parking lot. I might want to buy something before the cruise. It is not a three hour show and shine. Unacceptable. You want me to call them? This is my forte'.
Do they really want to cast a negative opinion of HEB ? I say show up anyway.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 10-11-2012).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35965 posts
Member since Jun 2003

We're driving Fieros....not a question of if..... { I kid, I kid}

If we do, I hope it is not me, .
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

If we do, I hope it is not me, .

Don't worry....I don't call mine "problem child" for nothing. I thought buying a 21K mile garage queen would lessen my wrenching burden. My old 115K mile GT was spot on reliable compared to this one.

BTW....I will have a bunch of tools etc with me. If anyone breaks, I will stop and render aid. I'll have jack stands, fuel pressure gauge, fuses, spare ignition modules, hose repair kits and coolant, you name it. We can damn near overhaul it by the side of the road. We fear no breakdown.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Don't worry....I don't call mine "problem child" for nothing. I thought buying a 21K mile garage queen would lessen my wrenching burden. My old 115K mile GT was spot on reliable compared to this one.

BTW....I will have a bunch of tools etc with me. If anyone breaks, I will stop and render aid. I'll have jack stands, fuel pressure gauge, fuses, spare ignition modules, hose repair kits and coolant, you name it. We can damn near overhaul it by the side of the road. We fear no breakdown.

Ya forgot Duct Tape and the bailing wire. I'll grab a few extra rolls of each.
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Direct Link to This Post
Guy's I'm calling it right now. I break down just about every trip so it will probably be me. LOL
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marine1981:

Guy's I'm calling it right now. I break down just about every trip so it will probably be me. LOL

We gotcha covered
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Good night,

See you in Fredericksburg. NTFC caravan group see you in Cleburn. Ye-Ha!

DARKWING
Mike Parker
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Bag is packed, plans are made and ready to go. Will be riding shotgun this years so Revin you will actually be the fastest car at the show this year. So enjoy it why you can....
maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Jane has a Drs appointment in Hou tomorrow 1:30--will be leaving from there around 3pm--lawd only knows how long it will take us get out on to I-10.
I need to be in Brenham Sat afternoon for a bull sale, but may not go if Jane pitches a big fit about it..
See yall Fri night-Sat morning.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock