Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Fiero Ruckus XI - Fredericksburg Texas October 12-14 (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fiero Ruckus XI - Fredericksburg Texas October 12-14 by sanderson
Started on: 07-23-2012 11:34 PM
Replies: 272
Last post by: maryjane on 01-18-2013 11:02 AM
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2012 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
I like pics in threads... here's some links and photos to sanderson's suggested itenerary.

Let's see... first we have a check-in at the Fredericksburg Super 8...

Then some suds and grubs with your buds...

http://www.yourbrewery.com/index.html

Saturday morning, Main St, Fredericksburg

Then off to a hill country cruise and lunch!

Then get all sophistimicated at fancy winery: Torre di Pieta Winery

http://www.texashillcountrywine.com/welcome

Hang out with 3,000,000 friends at the Old Tunnel State Park

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/old-tunnel

They are eating mosquitoes and we are eating supper at: Alamo Springs General Store and Cafe

http://www.alamospringscafe.com/

Sunday we will meet up for group breakfast and farewells.

Before heading home... take an opportunity to check out other cool things to do in or around Fredericksburg!
If you have never been to the Nimitz Museum... it is an amazing treasure...
They have one gallery that simulates an aircraft carrier flight deck, the have a Japanese Midget sub recovered from Pearl Harbor, a real PT boat, and a unused casing from the nuclear weapon, Little Boy... awesome awesome stuff. I cannot emphasize enough how interesting this place is, especially if you are a history or mechanic buff.
http://www.pacificwarmuseum.org/Index.asp
Visit Luckenbach
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luckenbach,_Texas
The LBJ Ranch is not too far away, and is free to the public with self guided tours
http://www.nps.gov/lyjo/pla...it/visitlbjranch.htm
Climb the Enchanted Rock
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enchanted_Rock

I am looking forward to cooler days and a great event!

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?
......................................................www.northtexasfieroclub.org

IP: Logged
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2012 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
I have my room reserved for Friday night.
Looking forward to it.
Wish I could stay for the whole thing but I will have to cruise back home after lunch.
Mike
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2012 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Fredericksburg is a great town to visit. Something for everyone to see and do. Looking foward to a great RUCKUS XI. Wow, its seams like it wasn't that long ago we went to OK for the 1st, RED RIVER RUCKUS.

Great Fieros, Great Food, Great Sights & Great People. Need to get this on your calendar. If the Fiero isn't running, come anyway. You will have a great time.

See you in October.

Mike Parker
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2012 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroseblack:

Fredericksburg is a great town to visit. Something for everyone to see and do. Looking foward to a great RUCKUS XI. Wow, its seams like it wasn't that long ago we went to OK for the 1st, RED RIVER RUCKUS.

Great Fieros, Great Food, Great Sights & Great People. Need to get this on your calendar. If the Fiero isn't running, come anyway. You will have a great time.

See you in October.

Mike Parker

The years do fly buy. I agree.
jwct7

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2012 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jwct7Send a Private Message to jwct7Direct Link to This Post
Hotel is booked, Navy Blue shirt for me please, no pocket and "L" size. I think this could be a good opportunity to discuss the 30th Anniversary next June and see if we can all make some kind of effort to link up and travel up together. We'll see............
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2012 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
Not having a running Fiero . Gianina and I are thinking of bringing some parts to sell. if a small swap meet would be ok we will post a list of parts we will have.

[This message has been edited by F355spider (edited 08-10-2012).]

josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2012 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Booked us a room for Friday night and Saturday night.

I have a few parts I will not be using in my garage. Let me know what you need and I will bring it. If I have what you need it will be free so I can make some room in my garage.

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 08-10-2012).]

fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2012 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
josef644,

Does that mean your Grove Ratmobile is ready? Time to cruise the Pig Stand and Griffs!

Mike Parker
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2012 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

josef644,

Does that mean your Grove Ratmobile is ready? Time to cruise the Pig Stand and Griffs!

Mike Parker

Mike, I got my new AC condenser from the UPS truck today. I am trying to get the AC going so we can drive it. I have everything re-painted except a hood. I am hoping to get one in good shape from Ben's Dad in Lufkin Wednesday after work. When I get the AC cooling we will start making Fiero events in it, and give the Malibu a much deserved rest.

Grove Rats don't die, they just smell that way! We all have Buckner and Bruton Rd in out blood.

-Joe

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 08-10-2012).]

fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2012 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Joe,
Maybe one weekend we can get both of our Fieros on the road at the same time and meet up in Dallas. We could cruise Buckner, have lunch somewhere on the strip. That would include a run by Spruce and Samuel for pictures. I wonder if Twilight Skating rink is still standing. Then, how about we cruise around White Rock Lake as well. Maybe a run by Big Town Mall or what’s left of the first enclosed mall in Texas. I worked part-time, after school, at Hardy’s Shoes for $1.25 hour and I think I was all the way up to $2.00 before I quit to start El Centro Junior College downtown. Gas was about $0.24.9 a gallon and Griff’s had their burgers and fries at $0.19 each, so my car and I both stayed on full.

I think I am going to add that to my Bucket List.
Mike P.
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2012 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Direct Link to This Post
One of our club members is not on Pennocks but would like to order a XXL Tangerine shirt.

Ben
PFF
System Bot
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2012 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Looks like we got some of the OKies coming as well;

J-Holland;

"08-13-2012 10:57 AM.

MIke,
It looks at the moment that Tom Myers, Merrill and Gerald will be there and we may have one or two others.

Jim "

Always great to have that bunch of guts and gals.

Mike Parker
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2012 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Well, it's high time some of the El Paso contingency made an appearance. Wifey and I coming!! Rooms booked.....and I think we're bringing a special guest. Stay tuned.....
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2012 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Frizlefrak:

Well, it's high time some of the El Paso contingency made an appearance. Wifey and I coming!! Rooms booked.....and I think we're bringing a special guest. Stay tuned.....

Pat?
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2012 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

Pat?

Yep.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2012 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

Pat?

Who is that?...

(I keed, I keed)... it will be good to see you guys!

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 08-15-2012).]

Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2012 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Who is that?...

(I keed, I keed)... it will be good to see you guys!

Likewise Blake.....it's been a while
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2012 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Unoficially - Official. Right now, it looks like I will be working in El Paso from October 1 to October 21. My plan is to rent a nice Camaro or Mustang and chase Frizlefrak across West Texas to the Rukus.
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2012 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

Unoficially - Official. Right now, it looks like I will be working in El Paso from October 1 to October 21. My plan is to rent a nice Camaro or Mustang and chase Frizlefrak across West Texas to the Rukus.

Hey, if you need a ride along I might be able to sneak away. Keep me posted. It all depends on you know what for me. If I can't there's always Kiki's!!
BoostedSeries1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2012 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostedSeries1Send a Private Message to BoostedSeries1Direct Link to This Post
Blake, Have we decided on a place for NTFC to meet up for the trip down on Friday?
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2012 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:
My plan is to rent a nice Camaro or Mustang and chase Frizlefrak across West Texas to the Rukus.

Hmmmm.....I can make the Camaro/Mustang part happen. Right up my alley.

Originally posted by Rick 88:

Hey, if you need a ride along I might be able to sneak away. Keep me posted. It all depends on you know what for me. If I can't there's always Kiki's!!

Howz about you get the Mera prettied up and drive it?

PFF
System Bot
g2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for g2Send a Private Message to g2Direct Link to This Post
Reservations made!

1 Large Shirt in Black, no pockets please.

Any other Houston attendees???

Cheers, Gene Garrison

(Time to start getting the GT road worthy)
NSAN1T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NSAN1TSend a Private Message to NSAN1TDirect Link to This Post
I'm planning on showing up. See some friends I haven't seen in along time and make some new ones.
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Oh man, I almost forgot. Two shirts, L & XL, no pockets please.
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2012 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Wow,

Looks like a great event is cooking. All the people and their Fiero from all over the state and some of the OK folks. Looks like Paul will be their from AR. I for one are realy looking foward to the RUCKUS XI.

Mike P.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2012 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
We will have a couple Fiero spoilers, some blue interior pieces (very rare), engine parts, like new alternator V6, like new AC compressor V6 and some nice wheels with tires with us at RRR. If you want a very nice complete 2.8 with auto trans or a 3.4 block with 20 over Ross forged pistons and worked heads with 3800SC valves in them let me know and we can bring also. We will be at the shop this weekend so if you need pictures let me know and we can get them.
2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2012 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
Hate to have to do this but I've got to cancel my plans for this trip. Have to cancel a trip to Pa also. Got a wedding to attend in Arkansas and company coming here for 2 weeks in the same time period.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2012 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:
, looks like I will be working. Though, with a start up company, things are gonna change.

Things changed. It looks like I will be off, .
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2012 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

We will have a couple Fiero spoilers, some blue interior pieces (very rare), engine parts, like new alternator V6, like new AC compressor V6 and some nice wheels with tires with us at RRR. If you want a very nice complete 2.8 with auto trans or a 3.4 block with 20 over Ross forged pistons and worked heads with 3800SC valves in them let me know and we can bring also. We will be at the shop this weekend so if you need pictures let me know and we can get them.

PM Sent Mike!
sanderson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2012 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonDirect Link to This Post
WOW! Thanks all ya'll for the great response.

I'll edit first post this weekend to suumarize shirt orders and hotel commitments. Will aso check to see how many rooms are left and see if we might be able to get more if necessary. If you haven't booked a room yet please do ASAP so I can try to make sure everyone gets the discounted rate. Drop dead date is 9/15.

Scott
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2012 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Looking forward to a road trip and long weekend of Fiero fun!
PFF
System Bot
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2012 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Looks like another great RUCKUS is going to be the " XI."

Mike P.

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2012 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Guess I need to get a running car going soon...Looking forward to the Ruckus this year. NTFC will be there in strong #s...
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2012 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Gee Steve,

Just slap a 3.8 SC in something and be there. I am sure you have some just sitting there. Use Blake's for now, break in, you know.

Mike Parker
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2012 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Working on if I can go or not... Made the Iowa Trip, but not sure about here.
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2012 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Good NTFC meeting yesterday. Looks like a nice cruise to RUCKUS by our Prez. Blake.

Mike Parker
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2012 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Be good to see you again Stu.....Hope you can come.
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2012 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Not long to RUCKUS XI. Hope to see a lot of people and their Fieros there.

Mike Parker
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2012 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Not long to RUCKUS XI. Hope to see a lot of people and their Fieros there.

Mike Parker

T minus 45 days.........
Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2012 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithDirect Link to This Post
I'm IN! With or Without an operating Fiero!

I'll make reservations this w/e.

I want to order 1 shirt in Cardinal Red size XXL and 1 shirt in Light Blue size L.

Fine details still developing, should be a GRAND RUKUS!

Jim

------------------
The only thing more Fun than Driving a Fiero, is Learning how to Work on one...

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock