Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  3rd Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show thread (Page 9)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
3rd Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show thread by nellieship
Started on: 01-13-2012 07:58 AM
Replies: 373
Last post by: JohnWPB on 12-23-2012 12:28 PM
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2012 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

EDITED : And the award goes to ..........

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 07-29-2012).]

IP: Logged
88fieroduke

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2012 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88fierodukeSend a Private Message to 88fierodukeDirect Link to This Post
stumpkin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2012 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stumpkinSend a Private Message to stumpkinDirect Link to This Post
Was A Great Day For A Car Show!

A BIG Thanks to all the folks that helped the Shipmans out.

It takes years to "grow" a good car show; I belive this one is on the right tack for greatness.

Glad I could finally make it to a show with our Fiero. Wish I could have met more “Fiero” folks while at the show but the medicine I’m on had me in a chair out of the sun. Wish my health allowed for more hands on participation. You “the Fiero community as a whole” are a wonderful bunch of folks.

May you all have a safe trip home.

Ray

------------------
1986 Red s/e 2m6 5-sp, & 2006 Red Solstice 5-sp
Live Strong - I Am Phil 4:13

Oosky

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2012 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OoskySend a Private Message to OoskyDirect Link to This Post
I just went to the show for a few hours yesterday but I got some cool pics, thought I'd share! ^_^

Frazee car show 2012

------------------
your Fiero loves you!!! <3

88fieroduke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2012 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88fierodukeSend a Private Message to 88fierodukeDirect Link to This Post
Hey, I didn't even know you were there Oosky! I see you got my car in a lot of pictures, picture 51 had the car and 57 had me in the green shirt. My car is the easiest to find in all the pictures of the rear of the cars, mine being the one without a spoiler.
Oosky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2012 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OoskySend a Private Message to OoskyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88fieroduke:

Hey, I didn't even know you were there Oosky! I see you got my car in a lot of pictures, picture 51 had the car and 57 had me in the green shirt. My car is the easiest to find in all the pictures of the rear of the cars, mine being the one without a spoiler.

yea I got there around 1pm , only stayed for a couple hours. lol darn, if I had known you were there I would've said hi. its hard to match my online fiero-friends with their real life faces XD
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2012 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Direct Link to This Post
Finally home. Traffic was horrible today. What a tremendous weekend. Thanks so much to the Shipmans for their hospitality.

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 07-29-2012).]

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2012 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Thank you to the Shipman family for a wonderful weekend of food, fun and cars.

My children attended for the first time this year, and although my son Michael had a mishap, he said he hasn't had this much fun in a long time.

I handed the camera to my daughter Kayla for the weekend, and she got a nice handful of shots.

Up first, my son Mikey... Making him laugh with a broken arm is pretty funny... He kept giggling and then saying "Ow" and then giggling some more.
Brave trooper though. He slept on it the night before with no complaints.

Friday:
Mikey a few hours before broken arm

Carter in a tree.

Pig in the roaster (Tender, juicy, and OMG SO GOOD)

Mikey in Urgent Care

X-Rays...

Kayla saying "OMG IS IT REALLY BROKE?!"

Mikey saying "Don't make me giggle. It hurts."

Sure enough. Broken just below the shoulder. Clean break. No cast, no pins... Just a sling.

All patched up, and ready for some more four wheeling!

And the four wheeler that did him in...

Saturday:

On with the car show. Photos courtesy of my daughter. "Here's my camera. Take photos of anything you'd like."

Sunday:

Shawn (Purple Reign) takes Carter for a ride... Nails the throttle on the On-Ramp... Once he hit around 120 or so, the headlight doors slammed open, and off came the passenger side...
Door is gone (at the most), or requires some repaint work at the least...

Nope! Completely unscathed... Found in the middle of the highway with no scratches.

Beginning of the Parade...

And a random shot... Life out at the Shipman's.

Lots of fun was had out at Camp Shipman...
A rousing round of Dodge Frisbee was played... (Or, camp chair frisbee)
Andrew (84whitesc) caught the disc across the bridge of the nose, and on the shins pretty good...

As JohnWPB stated: This is the laziest game of Frisbee he's ever seen.

We have been dubbed the "Flaming Frazee Frisbee Flyers" (or was it the Frazee Flaming Frisbee Flyers?) and will be bringing more frisbees next year.
1984whitesc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2012 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescDirect Link to This Post
The funniest thing and ironicly just as I was saying keep it below the eyes I get it right across the nose.

------------------

Thank for the sig. Bobadoofunk
1984 White Fiero Sport Coupe (Juliet) in restoration
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089093.html
1988 Red Fiero Standard Coupe (Bella) in restoration
1990 Black Buick Reatta (Noir)
2002 White Chevy Impala base(Haylie)

1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2012 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescDirect Link to This Post

1984whitesc

1043 posts
Member since Jun 2006
Double post

[This message has been edited by 1984whitesc (edited 08-01-2012).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2012 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1984whitesc:

The funniest thing and ironicly just as I was saying keep it below the eyes I get it right across the nose.

Frisbee must of hit you hard .... now you're double talking ......

@johnWPB hope ya got my needed pics

PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2012 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1984whitesc:

Andrew, you should wear a full face helmet pretty much all the time

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2012 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
too tired to post any pics tonight, but wanted to say a big huge major whopper thank you to all those who attended and supported from afar. Our show stats were 70 cars, 32 Fieros. Total year's fundraising between garage sale, show, and merchandise after all expenses paid and books balanced today was around $3800. Not bad! I have to think Tyler would be proud of his old mom!

Jeff Jones (mrfred) won the Fiero quilt in the making - so congrats there! Lots of good suggestions for next year were given but i am not even going to think about it at least for 48 hours ;)

I'm already missing everyone and wishing for next year to hurry up and get here!

Much love, Nellie and family

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2012 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
We had a great weekend! Heres a few pics!

Beginning of Caravan

The camp

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

The show

I followed Tyler’s Toy back to the Shipman Camp.

Playing Frisbee in lawn chairs

Around the campfire

Parade Day

Parked in a familiar spot after the Parade

See alot of you at the Iowa show

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-31-2012).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2012 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
@ Synthesis @ 2.5 Can you put your pics on a DVD and send it to me ... they will be put up on TylersToy revamped website will PM my snail mail addy to ALL who have pics for the website
@ JohnWPB .... you included
THANKS

Danyel
admin(at)tylerstoy.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2012 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

@ Synthesis @ 2.5 Can you put your pics on a DVD and send it to me ... they will be put up on TylersToy revamped website will PM my snail mail addy to ALL who have pics for the website
@ JohnWPB .... you included
THANKS

Danyel
admin(at)tylerstoy.com

Sure
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2012 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Danyel,

Here are all of the images from the car show and parade that I or my daughter took. These are full resolution.
http://chalnet.net/download/Tyler3.zip
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2012 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Synthesis --- thank you very much !!!
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2012 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post

And a random shot... Life out at the Shipman's.

I think the guy in the back did an engine swap since that sign on the back is not stock. Anybody have a chance to check it out?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2012 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

I think the guy in the back did an engine swap since that sign on the back is not stock. Anybody have a chance to check it out?

Look slike he did the slow moving sign mod
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2012 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
I want to thank everyone who took the time to post the pictures they took of the weekend activities. It looked like a great weekend. I was there in spirit; my Shipman hat was on the entire weekend.

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes

PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2012 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

.................................. my Shipman hat was on the entire weekend.

Did ya use doubled sided tape ?????

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2012 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Wonder if JohnWPB has pics to post? I know he has to have some good ones!
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2012 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
No double sided tape, my Canadian friend. I spent the big bucks on the top of the line Velcro Sport version. I can lean way over, in my lawn chair, in a high breeze and still reach the chips and dip!
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2012 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

YEAH RIGHT !!!! J/K
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2012 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Velcro Sport version.....

hehehehehehehehehehe
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2012 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

There are already so many fantastic pictures of Camp Shipman, the Car Show and such, that any of those that I have for the most part are duplicates. So, I dug through pictures I took with my phone, that are on the lighter side So here they are. I will get the photo's off my camera here shortly and post a few in the coming few days.

First, as I posted earlier, I was seated next to Brandon Novak on my flight from West Palm Beach to Atlanta. He told me that he is headed to China, to meet up with Steve-O. There, they are to both be impaled with 6" fish hooks through the cheek (CRAZY! ! ! !) and then have a tug-of-war! ! ! This is all part of filming for the upcoming Jackass 4 from what he told me.

Here is a photo another person in the Jackass crew took for me:

About half way to Atlanta, there was SUCH an opportunity to punk him! LOL, I could do without the lawsuit, so just let it slide

Here is a pretty cool shot of Carter showing off on one of the Quads:

On Friday, I heard chirping coming from a tree in the front yard, and called over Carter to point out a birds nest to him. It was a ways up in the tree, but you could see movement of some rather large looking chicks. Sunday afternoon, near the tree, a very young BlueJay was sitting in the brush next to the tree, trying to get up the courage to fly away:

Parking the car at the liquor store, I noticed that even the radio stations in Frazee are different that I am used to in the city... note the RDS text on the screen! LOL

Jeff (MrFred8) seems quite content while Carter drives.... as long as he has his Teddy

Andrew making preparations for whats to come after eating all the great food throughout the weekend at Camp Shipman!

Sean (PurpleReign) turns out to be just another causality of the Fabulous Frazee Frisbee Flyers tournament of Lawn Chair Frisbee:

Lastly, on the way back to the Airport, with time to kill we stopped at Mall of America. Carter was plenty tall enough to ride the coaster, but I told him to squat down, and give me the face he would make if he was not tall enough to go on the ride. This my friends, is the very very sad result!

That's it for now, but I am working on a video collage to post up to YouTube here soon!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 08-02-2012).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2012 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:
That's it for now, but I am working on a video collage to post up to YouTube here soon!

Sweet!
With tunes I presume?!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2012 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

I had recorded a short little vid on my way home from the show, while in a small caravan of Fieros

Tell me this doesn't make you sing that last lyric....

http://www.youtube.com/watc...I08&feature=youtu.be

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-02-2012).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2012 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

I had recorded a short little vid on my way home from the show, while in a small caravan of Fieros

Great Video, Great Song!!!!!

I almost forgot to post this one...... Poor lil' ole' Carter getting lobbed in the face with a Frisbee... Ouch!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I almost forgot to post this one...... Poor lil' ole' Carter getting lobbed in the face with a Frisbee... Ouch!

Wow it caught that moment where the brain is saying uh oh! But its too late to stop it!
PFF
System Bot
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
lots of great pictures guys! i have been copying them and putting them on the car show web site sporadically... that is where my pics are too

one suggestion that was made for NEXT year... i know i know... THIS year just got over right? Anywho.... the suggestion was made to have a cruise. I am going to run with that and tentatively planning on doing something like all who are interested meeting in a spot in Frazee at 5ish after the show (allowing me time for takedown, cleanup) and doing a little tour of local lake/scenery and ending possibly on Detroit Lake to eat supper. We would still have our traditional fiero feast at our house on Friday, but would then not do that again on Saturday as we would be eating out. Then - back to the ol' shipman ranch for an after party later good idea and I think i like it

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

lots of great pictures guys! i have been copying them and putting them on the car show web site sporadically... that is where my pics are too

one suggestion that was made for NEXT year... i know i know... THIS year just got over right? Anywho.... the suggestion was made to have a cruise. I am going to run with that and tentatively planning on doing something like all who are interested meeting in a spot in Frazee at 5ish after the show (allowing me time for takedown, cleanup) and doing a little tour of local lake/scenery and ending possibly on Detroit Lake to eat supper. We would still have our traditional fiero feast at our house on Friday, but would then not do that again on Saturday as we would be eating out. Then - back to the ol' shipman ranch for an after party later good idea and I think i like it

That sounds like an excellent idea!
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
What about a poker run with all proceeds going to the scholarship? I like the idea of a cruise.
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
would be super fun to do a poker run but honestly i can't take on one more thing to coordinate for that weekend :S unless someone around here decides to take that up, i'll have to go with the cruise

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

What about a poker run with all proceeds going to the scholarship? I like the idea of a cruise.

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Please don't forget the Firetruck idea Nellie.

Get the ladder truck out there, and a fireman to climb it...

Charge people five bucks each to have the Fireman climb the ladder with their cameras and take pictures of the show field from above.... For five bucks, they'll take 2 or three shots (in case one is blurry)...

All proceeds go to the show.
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
I have this idea in my notes to look at next year. Maybe you want to be the head of this that day it will definitely take a person to run it, but i too think it will be a good and very fun way to earn some extra bucks without any overhead

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Please don't forget the Firetruck idea Nellie.

Get the ladder truck out there, and a fireman to climb it...

Charge people five bucks each to have the Fireman climb the ladder with their cameras and take pictures of the show field from above.... For five bucks, they'll take 2 or three shots (in case one is blurry)...

All proceeds go to the show.

cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

I think this is a great idea!! I woud love to cruise the area. Eating out to ease the burden with all the activities is a great idea as well. Cant wait for next year!
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Come hell or high water next year I'll be there with something..
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

We will be there for the 5th in 2014.........this time with the The Widow II .... Hope most of the Dreamteam will be present for I will have something for them

Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave