Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  3rd Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show thread (Page 8)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
3rd Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show thread by nellieship
Started on: 01-13-2012 07:58 AM
Replies: 373
Last post by: JohnWPB on 12-23-2012 12:28 PM
nellieship

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
I have no idea... this is the part I hate - the not knowing if anyone will show up. Jay and sat down and counted the people we thought for sure were coming including Fieros and we were at about 30 or so. I have passed out flyers, hung up flyers, put ads in Wadena, Perham, and Detroit Lakes paper. done about all I can do at this point. It is unfortunate, however, that I feel we are up against a bad situation of another "memorial" car show that slipped in on Sunday of a policeman from Detroit Lakes who committed suicide this winter who was big in the Detroit Lakes car club. I honestly don't think people will attend both shows - they will pick one or the other. Unfortunately getting that point across to people who never attend car shows is pretty pointless.... so we will see. the weather will be great for sure! and we raised about 1500 this sprint at a garage sale - so we really are sitting good for fundraising. If we could get 50 cars here i would be pleased as punch United Community Bank offering to fund the incentive of free shirt with preregistration for 2013 is going to be good i think. i will announce that at the show too - maybe we can fill up 2013 a whole year ahead of time and same me some gray hair and ulcers!

Originally posted by stumpkin:

Nellie:

How is it looking for local cars? I’ve been trying to get some of our Lone Eagle Auto Club folks to come. Unfortunately they have been going to a show in Cold Spring for years and it’s on the same day. I have passed out flyers for the Tyler Memorial Show while at a few small local shows in May & June, would be nice if that brings in a few into the show. The Frazee weather forecast is lookin’ good for Saturday!

Plan to show up with 2 cars (Fiero & Solstice). Might have convinced one from the Lone Eagle Club (66 GTO) to follow along. 88fieroduke plans to be with us as well with a car to show.

IP: Logged
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post

nellieship

479 posts
Member since Nov 2009
we could lump a 50/50 raffle into the prizes at my house. so basically draw tickets for prize winners with the grand prize being the 50/50. ive never done one of those before though... so not sure how successful they are? the thursday crew can be in charge of that.... wink wink... that's what you get for showing up early and asking to help
zigaroo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zigarooSend a Private Message to zigarooDirect Link to This Post
Even though I won't be able to make it out there, and even though I've never had a chance to meet Tyler, I always think about him when I'm getting into my car. I still remember watching the livestream, too.

hammer18

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hammer18Send a Private Message to hammer18Direct Link to This Post
Ill be coming up for the day on Saturday, not sure if ill have the Fiero though. kinda like the idea of a/c. we'll see though.

Tyler
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zigaroo:

Even though I won't be able to make it out there, and even though I've never had a chance to meet Tyler, I always think about him when I'm getting into my car. I still remember watching the livestream, too.

I still need one of these for my Fieros.

I need 3, anyone?
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronDirect Link to This Post

VikingRedBaron

879 posts
Member since Nov 2009

Originally posted by hammer18:

Ill be coming up for the day on Saturday, not sure if ill have the Fiero though. kinda like the idea of a/c. we'll see though.

Tyler

A/C is over rated on 75 degree days !!!
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Direct Link to This Post
Done working for the week! I have all day tomorrow to pack and get ready. Anyone who wants to be part of the Thursday Caravan, please post something or PM me, otherwise if we are running early getting to JP's we may leave without you and if are running late, we will have no way to contact you.

1984whitesc I need to know where to pick you up and where to drop you off so synthesis can pick you up, are those arrangements all made? JohnWPB we should be all set, just call us when you get to MN/SP. cornersonrails, see you at 6am.

Anyone else?
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
i have some but they are white background. we had them at the show last year and have leftovers. probably will just sell them for 2.00 or so

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:

I still need one of these for my Fieros.

I need 3, anyone?

stumpkin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stumpkinSend a Private Message to stumpkinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hammer18:

May be we can follow each other on Saturday. What time do you think you will be around the Little Falls area? I hope to be meeting up with 88fieroduke also in this area. P.M. me if interested to swap cell #s.

edit to fix quote

[This message has been edited by stumpkin (edited 07-24-2012).]

Silicoan86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2012 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Direct Link to This Post
I finished installing new struts, shocks, and coil-overs in the Fiero last night, so it's good to go!

Now on to the difficult task of packing it. The addition of a tent for this trip will be a challenge to say the least.
Bry73

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2012 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bry73Send a Private Message to Bry73Direct Link to This Post
Had planned to come-up on Sat and stay till Sun, with or with out the Fiero. Not having much luck with 3800sc's at the moment, been through 2 this year (spun rod bearings).
Have to work Friday night now, so won't be able to make it up there.
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2012 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Ok, so I am getting anxious to fly out in the morning!

I decided to head to target to pick up a few things....... I am walking up the main isle towards the registers to pay, and something catches my eye. It is a gray shirt in the ladies department, and looks out of place. As I walk closer I can make out whats on the front of the shirt, and walk over to look at it. I think COOL! then look at the sticker on the front of the shirt, the one with M M M M M all the way down it A Medium will not fit me.

I ask someone that works there where there would be more shirts like this, and she walks me back to the clearance section in the mens section, and we both go through the shirts, and there are no more like it. She apologizes & starts to hang the medium shirt on the mens clearance rack, and I start to walk away. I get a few steps away when she calls me back, to show me that the tag inside the shirt states that it is a large, and that the sticker on the outside was a mistake.

I know, kinda crazy going on and on about a shirt and all... but it is a really cool coincidence to say the very least! ! !

Wanna know what the shirt look like?????

Click to show
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2012 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
YES! That is an awesome shirt!

I can't help but ask anytime someone tells me something was intense, "Was it like camping?"
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2012 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

YES! That is an awesome shirt!

I can't help but ask anytime someone tells me something was intense, "Was it like camping?"

LOL...

Well. I have to confess.... I will be somewhat of a Hypocrite for wearing the shirt. I have a Coleman Pop-Up camper with 2 king size beds, A/C, stove, refrigerator, microwave ect... that I normally use when I go camping
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2012 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Our parents took us camping a few times when we were little. We'd go to the camp site, pitch a tent, fishing, swim in the lake, cooking dinner over a fire, etc. Then when it got dark, we drove to the hotel

Tried sleeping in the tent once, the noise from the neighbors kept us up, and then when we woke up the next morning, half of us had sore throats.
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2012 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
I am starting to get anxious. Car is basically all packed. I am trying to find something to bring for the raffle at the Shipmans. I am excited that new people like mrfred are making the journey to expierence this and am sad that others aren't able to make it this year. I pray that my car does not break down on the way. Let it break down on my way home again. See you guys soon.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cornersonrails:
I pray that my car does not break down on the way. Let it break down on my way home again. See you guys soon.

I just checked my email and got the whole "cornersonrails has replied to a thread you subscribed to" My first thought was Uh Oh! Not ANOTHER person canceling! LOL Glad it was just an "anxious post". It is 12:30 here, and have to leave for the airport in just a little over 3 hours (2 hour layover in Atlanta in Frazee by 10:40 am). To psyced to sleep, never could sleep before taking a trip somewhere......

Here's hoping that your car does not break down in EITHER direction this year!

On another note, DIYStu called me around 10:00pm to tell me he was just entering Oklahoma. I was like WooHoo! Just to find out he was messing with me For which I chewed him out pretty good He is bummed about not being able to go this year, but he just can't swing it taking off the time while he was in the hospital recently and all. I told him, 3g/4g at the Shipman's permitting, I would video Skype him on my phone and let em say hi to everyone.

Hey, on the bright side, we don't have to worry about Stu killing the battery on Tyler's Toy again this year

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-26-2012).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

JohnWPB

5182 posts
Member since May 2009
Sitting in Atlanta. On my last flight i was sitting next to Novak from Jackass. He is headed to China to meet up With Steve-O and Johnny Knoxville. The are filming Jackass 4

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-26-2012).]

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Sitting in Atlanta. On my last flight i was sitting next to Novak from Jackass. He is headed to China to meet up With Steve-O and Johnny Knoxville. The are filming Jackass 4

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Holy Giant Picture Batman!...

John... I think I can count every pore on your face!

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Cleaning and cleaning the Fieros is what I'm up to. Checking things twice. We'll be in the Friday Caravan to Frazee
Excited!
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
Have fun guys!

Wish I was going tomorrow.
PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

Have fun guys!

Wish I was going tomorrow.

This
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Cleaning and cleaning the Fieros is what I'm up to. Checking things twice. We'll be in the Friday Caravan to Frazee
Excited!

Want to join up with us around 9:00 AM in EP and convoy to Elk River?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Sure!
Be at your place around 9 then?
This year I know where it is
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
Alright "feeps" it's almost 5pm Frazee time.....we need pictures and updates; who's arrived, what are they driving, what's for dinner?
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Cindy and I made it. My kids have just arrived as well...

Andrew Hultquist has already tried to kill himself on the four wheelers, and it is raining.

The weekend fun begins.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
See ya Tomorrow!
RossT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTDirect Link to This Post
I am coming too for Saturday only. Anyone going want a complete set of 1988 Eagle GT+4's stock GT size (with TPC code) with only 3,400 miles on them? No cracking, always inside. I can bring them with. $250 no shipping.

[This message has been edited by RossT (edited 07-27-2012).]

DrRodey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrRodeyClick Here to visit DrRodey's HomePageSend a Private Message to DrRodeyDirect Link to This Post
Well, the final parts (hopefully) will be picked up from the store in about an hour. God willing, I'll have a Fiero running by tonight. Looks like crap since it was sitting in a field for three of the last four years, but I still hope to have it there. If not, I'll still be there with the family for the day.
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
Nellie update first night started with little rain but clear skies for the rest of the weekend with mild temperatures. that is awesome! I had my committee crew over last night busting their butts to finish preparations for the show and I am so very grateful! we got a few tents up and didnt stay up too late. John lost his luggage but it will be delivered today. so far if i am remembering correctly we have Chris Lewis, Chris Kleiwer and family, Jeff Jones, Andrew Hulquist, John Pannici here and Steve Thompson stopped by and hung out with us all night too. super excited to see the rest show up today and crossing my fingers for a good turnout tomorrow! Hugs to all those at home
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
Alright a good beginning to the weekend. Questions: What's for breakfast? How many caravans is Steve Thompson going to drive in? Has JohnWPB had a chance to loose the keys to Tyler's Toy?

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes

PFF
System Bot
Silicoan86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Direct Link to This Post
Change of plans for us, won't make it today, but we will be up tomorrow morning in time for the show.
DrRodey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrRodeyClick Here to visit DrRodey's HomePageSend a Private Message to DrRodeyDirect Link to This Post
Well, guess I'll be without Fiero yet again. Snapped a bleeder screw off on the left rear caliper. Oh well, that's the way these cars go I guess. See y'all tomorrow!
stumpkin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stumpkinSend a Private Message to stumpkinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silicoan86:

Change of plans for us, won't make it today, but we will be up tomorrow morning in time for the show.

What time R U passing by the Royalton Little Falls area? Could make a mini-caraven from this area. Send me a P.M.

Will be our Fiero & Solstice & maybe 88fieroduke.
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
So, Andrew tried to kill himself on the 90cc Yamaha TTR... (But it has a pipe - Carter)...

Wrecked his arm, face, and thigh... He got the bike going fast enough to jump it, and it went wrong during the jump...

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Hope he can still hold his purse from all those injury's. Does he need medical attention?
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescDirect Link to This Post
Just need surgery on my ego lol. Just scuffed up a little bit. The back wheel let loose after hitting a bump then the footpeg grounded and lost it from there.
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2012 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by VikingRedBaron (edited 07-29-2012).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2012 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
@ nellieship ----- can ya grab JOHNWPB by the ear and have him take high res pics I asked him of the Emmys ... I really need them ASAP for TylersToy.com ... Thank you

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2012 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

@ nellieship ----- can ya grab JOHNWPB by the ear and have him take high res pics I asked him of the Emmys ... I really need them ASAP for TylersToy.com ... Thank you

Danyel, if just ONE more person comes up to remind me to take the Emmy picture, this will be all you get

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock