Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Choptop #025 "FIEROciousGT" Build (Page 16)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
Choptop #025 "FIEROciousGT" Build by FierociousGT
Started on: 09-05-2007 09:11 PM
Replies: 620
Last post by: mptighe on 04-07-2013 07:00 PM
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2012 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

I like to apologies to BV Motorsports for any unnecessary comment I have made in the past. After hearing other customer and myself having certain issue with Whodeanies Customs; BV Motorsports has valid concerns and hope Dean and Steven can work something out.

Thanks David, I appreciate it. Ooops. I hope I am not in trouble for posting in your thread!
IP: Logged
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Just to clarify, the problem with the front splitter, umm... splitting... appears to have been caused by a minor oversight during its construction. The splitter is made from a sheet of corrugated plastic (aka coroplast), sandwiched between two layers of fiberglass. The back edge of the splitter was trimmed for fitting. As a result, you have those three layers exposed on the back edge of the splitter. Since the fiberglass resin doesn't stick to the plastic very well, the back edge of the splitter started to delaminate. The front edge doesn't have this problem, because the fiberglass completely envelopes the coroplast on the front edge.

The splitter could be fixed by laying up fiberglass on the back edge, to completely envelope the plastic. That would keep the fiberglass layers from lifting up off the plastic. But Dave decided he wanted a differently shaped front splitter. So we will be making a new one from scratch.

That said, the fiberglass work on the bottom half of the nose looks good. The tail lights are SWEET. And the engine install looks pretty good. It has some nice get-up-and-go, too.
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 06:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for explaining that Mike...
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
How do you lose a seat and center console?

Looking forward to seeing the car done!
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2012 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Day 3:
Dean has not returned any of my calls or text messages. So at this rate I will need to drop the engine to check the seal and bearings.

Anyone wanting to build a custom Fiero in the future, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY AND AGGRAVATION IS NOT WORTH IT. All I should have done fron the begining is some like Curly's #11, Pedro's Choptop Fiero GT or bad a$$ Notchback. This has been the second time I have had an issue with a builder, SO DISAPPOINTING!

I have invested aprox $42k and tons of bull $hit! To all crooked builders, one day you will get yours!

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/032834.html

http://centralfloridafieros...dex.php?topic=1641.0

http://centralfloridafieros...ndex.php?topic=990.0

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 11-21-2012).]

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2012 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

Day 3:
Dean has not returned any of my calls or text messages. So at this rate I will need to drop the engine to check the seal and bearings.

Is it smoking or something?
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2012 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Just received two text messages from Dean. He will call me Friday.... lets see.
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2012 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

I have invested aprox $42k and tons of bull $hit! To all crooked builders, one day you will get yours!

Not an investment....But rather an expensive addiction.
I know how you feel but you may never find what you are actually looking for.
I hope it all works out for you as your car looks hella good to me.
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2012 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
That would be the correct word.... ADDICTION for a dream but seems more like a nightmare. I could have used that money for down paymemt on a Porsche, Lotus, Land Rover Evoque, BMW 1M or an Abarth 500 w/ change and not have all the head acks.

Originally posted by nosrac:
Not an investment....But rather an expensive addiction.

PS
You are right the biatch looks hella good!

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 11-21-2012).]

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2012 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Went to start FGTO this evening... Maybe the 6th time since I got her from Whodeanies Custom shop and it felt rough like something was not right.... Noticed the CHECK ENGINE light came on after two minutes... Turned it off and plugged in my bluetooth ODBII reader, started up my Torque app and....

And there is a burnt plastic odor. Not sure if it is related. Will check in the morning. Not impressed at all with Dean's work.

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 11-24-2012).]

mikejhjr

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mikejhjrSend a Private Message to mikejhjrDirect Link to This Post
I had a P0300 on mine and now a P0303 after changing the plugs (tons of fun btw). Definitely check your plugs/wires/coils.
PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
And reroute them.. if they were routed like mine "for a show look", its worthless.
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2012 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
IT's been 18 days since last time I start FGTO and had the engine misfire. Today I jacked her up, got under and played with the wires a bit. Did notice a skinny green wire that was unprotected. I take some photos of the wiring this week and post it.

O battery was dead. I guess this would be normal after 18 days of no usage. Jumped her and started right up. Engine started up smoothly. Cleared the old error codes and refreshed the computer. All cylinders are firing fine.

Went to start FGTO this evening... Maybe the 6th time since I got her from Whodeanies Custom shop and it felt rough like something was not right.... Noticed the CHECK ENGINE light came on after two minutes... Turned it off and plugged in my bluetooth ODBII reader, started up my Torque app and....

And there is a burnt plastic odor. Not sure if it is related. Will check in the morning. Not impressed at all with Dean's work.

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2012 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
I have been so caught up in all thats going on here, I have totally forgot about your car. Man, I feel like a jerk. How goes it?
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2013 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
F355spider

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2013 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Anyone wanting to build a custom Fiero in the future, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY AND AGGRAVATION IS NOT WORTH IT. This has been the second time I have had an issue with a builder, SO DISAPPOINTING!

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/032834.html

http://centralfloridafieros...dex.php?topic=1641.0

http://centralfloridafieros...ndex.php?topic=990.0

I admire you for being honest with people and not trying to hide what you have in your car or not being afraid to tell how you feel about people that you pay to do work for you. I think too many people get caught up in the glam and snookered into something from others on this forum without knowing what it will end up costing them.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2013 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
Dave doesn't come on here anymore. Atleast that is what he said when I spoke to him last week. Cant say that I blame him. Dave is a really cool guy.. smart too, he knew when it was time to walk away and focus on more important things than all the drama on here.
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2013 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:
I think too many people get caught up in the glam and snookered into something from others on this forum without knowing what it will end up costing them.

Amen!

If only Dave, Steven and I could turn back the clock and know what we know now. We all probably would have just keep are cars stock.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2013 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:
Amen!

If only Dave, Steven and I could turn back the clock and know what we know now. We all probably would have just keep are cars stock.

You got that right Paul!
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2013 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Progress?
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2013 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

Progress?

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

Dave doesn't come on here anymore.

PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock