Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Choptop #025 "FIEROciousGT" Build (Page 12)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
Choptop #025 "FIEROciousGT" Build by FierociousGT
Started on: 09-05-2007 09:11 PM
Replies: 620
Last post by: mptighe on 04-07-2013 07:00 PM
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2011 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

the swap is done we are waiting on Dave to decide what body mods he would like us to do.
D.

Man, I need to keep up with this!

Great! Work Dean

------------------
'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights, RX-8 mirrors.
FGTO Build thread ~> Link

IP: Logged
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2011 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Dave you make any decisions about the tweeks ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Got a call from Dave today, but i was busy at work and could not talk.

We had arranged to discuss tweeks.
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2011 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tony for delivering the body parts to Dean. I'll call you when I get back in the country.

D

------------------
'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights, RX-8 mirrors.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2011 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2011 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Any updates Dean?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2011 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2011 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBDirect Link to This Post
updates ???
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2011 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Dean any updates?
redraif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2011 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

Bump for Curly.... Matte Silver.

PS
IMO best looking matte black.

OMG... matte silver & black.... drool...

Wow and all this is taking place in my backyard... UPDATES?
I'm gonna have to plan a trip to the whodeanie shop one day! Then I will have to save for the fiero to get some plastic surgery there...

[This message has been edited by redraif (edited 10-26-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2011 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Yes matte silver is sick but only in wrap. Paint to too high maintenance. I'll be up there 2nd week of Nov. to check on the progress.

Originally posted by redraif:
OMG... matte silver & black.... drool...

Wow and all this is taking place in my backyard... UPDATES?
I'm gonna have to plan a trip to the whodeanie shop one day! Then I will have to save for the fiero to get some plastic surgery there...

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2011 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Fall back bump.
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2011 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBDirect Link to This Post
Updates !?!?!?

It has been about 4 months since the last update......
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2011 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Fall back bump.

What's going on with David D's chopper?
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2011 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBDirect Link to This Post

bump
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2012 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
2012 bump. Anything new? D12?
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2012 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
I'm curious too. Getting ready for Daytona?
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2012 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Trying to make it to D12... Whodeanie can I get some body-mod LOVE?!

PS
I see you!

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 02-03-2012).]

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Guys, I spoke with Dean a few minutes ago. Seem we have a green light for Daytona. I'm crossing my fingers. Next week the front bumper will go into surgery according to the design in the photo sent. I may head up to his shop for a few days. Blacktree, I may give you a call with some questions regarding the bumper.

exoticse thanks for the text message update on Friday.

http://centralfloridafieros.../index.php?topic=3.0

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 02-13-2012).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT: Blacktree, I may give you a call with some questions regarding the bumper.

No problemo.
PFF
System Bot
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2012 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Should have an update and photos in a few days. Dean is reworking some of the engine wiring and hopefully the body mods after... Either way it will be at Daytona or back in Central Florida by the end of the month.

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 03-01-2012).]

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Uhh, my time tonite is a little short, sorry for asking, but is the pic of the stretch, is that yurs??? If so, how did you handle the safety side of that? I mean is there like any State laws you have to abide by? I guess I am wonderin how did you make the car stretched without sacrificing safety? If it isn't yur kar, do you know whos it is??

Thanx all,

Ear-ick....
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Let me help you,...the strech is not his.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
It has been way too long since this thread had a constructive update so here you all go.
as some of you know David sent the car to us to re work some things like the motor install and a few more body tweaks.
the motor was in bad shape the bearings were bad and the wiring was shotty at best. the car would run sometimes and not others.
when he got on the gas the alt. would hit the shock tower and throw sparks out the vent and much more.
we re did the install with new mounts, low mount alt and rewired the whole thing.
as well as re tuned the computer.

now on to the body mods. David is kind of tall so we lowered the seat for more headroom.

the rear bumper was re worked to update the reflectors.

the front bumper was re done to shave the turn lights because his turn signals are now in the headlights.

and the lower part of the bumper that kind of looked like a snow plow was cut off so we could re work it a bit.
D.

http://i209.photobucket.com...ieroprogres369-1.jpg

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2012 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

See ya at Daytona !
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2012 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
more mods on the car yesterday.

the updated rear bumper reflectors.

removing the little tabs at the front of the hood.

and the start of the new front lower bumper mod.

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2012 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
See ya at Daytona !

Hmmm... I'll call you today Mr T.

------------------

GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2012 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHERDirect Link to This Post
Are both your cars (Tony and Dave) going to be at Daytona? And at what stage of completion?
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2012 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

Are both your cars (Tony and Dave) going to be at Daytona? And at what stage of completion?

Can't speak for Dave, but mine will be there. It will be in primer and sporting tiny 17' wheels (Dean said they look like doughnuts now that the car is a widebody) hehehe.

My new wheels 19 x 9 and 20 x 11 will not be ready for the show. Meanwhile i can't justify spending money on temporary wheels that i won't really need while i am waiting on the big boys,,,,,,,, no matter how silly it looks.

i am not trying to win any awards or impress anybody, just sharing the progress on my ride and showing off Dean's skills on the bodywork and engine install.
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2012 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Maybe...

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

Good riddance to the hood tabs and the snow plow. No need for a snow plow in Florida, unlike in the Midwest...

Originally posted by whodeanie:
removing the little tabs at the front of the hood.

...and the lower part of the bumper that kind of looked like a snow plow was cut off so we could re work it a bit.

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 03-10-2012).]

GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2012 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHERDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Can't speak for Dave, but mine will be there. It will be in primer and sporting tiny 17' wheels (Dean said they look like doughnuts now that the car is a widebody) hehehe.

My new wheels 19 x 9 and 20 x 11 will not be ready for the show. Meanwhile i can't justify spending money on temporary wheels that i won't really need while i am waiting on the big boys,,,,,,,, no matter how silly it looks.

i am not trying to win any awards or impress anybody, just sharing the progress on my ride and showing off Dean's skills on the bodywork and engine install.

Understandable. I'll have my daily driver that is not 100% put together.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2012 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Sweet.

I love seeing in progress cars !
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2012 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
more work on the front bumper the last few days. it is a lot of work to get this one done. we now have it glassed and will be body working in to get it right.
I will post some pics again soon.
D.

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2012 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Dean, please PM or call me tomorrow. Had a phone call with "troyboy" regarding a issue with the battery under the hood and this type of hood extractor that both of our cars share. It's an easy fix as long as the car is not painted.

Also don't forget to send some pic of the front bumper to see if anything need to be adjusted.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2012 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
can do.

we have been working on the lower front the last few days and have got one side almost done and the other glassed.
D.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2012 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
got it a bit farther but still more work to be done.
the pic does it no good it looks fantastic in person and will look even better soon
D.

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2012 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Is the air dam molded into the nose now?

BTW, the hood looks MUCH better without those little tabs sticking up.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 03-20-2012).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock