Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Choptop #025 "FIEROciousGT" Build (Page 15)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
Choptop #025 "FIEROciousGT" Build by FierociousGT
Started on: 09-05-2007 09:11 PM
Replies: 620
Last post by: mptighe on 04-07-2013 07:00 PM
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2012 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post
good to see her home safe and sound ..... now GIT ER DONE!!!!
IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2012 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
I just talked to David today. He's somewhere out in the "sticks" and lost cell phone reception. He told me #025 is headed to a shop for tweaking of the nose.
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2012 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
Geez, that car is going to end up with more face lifts than Joan rivers!
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2012 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jefrysuko:

Geez, that car is going to end up with more face lifts than Joan rivers!

Only because its not done, correctly, to Davids specs.

..Edit for spelling...

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 11-05-2012).]

FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2012 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Just got in..... what a long drive from Birmingham, AL. I have not had time to review Deans work. The front bumper looks very good but I am going to tweak it more like I originally planned.

http://www.nfscars.net/foru...d=199&pictureid=2243

Zzzz

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 11-06-2012).]

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2012 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
REVIEW PREVIEW

This coming Tuesday I'm reviewing "Whodeanies Customs" work on FGTO with a CFF club member. Here are some high lights.

Had battery charged and tested it out at Advance Auto, good. Was able to start her up with no issues. Trying to burn the old gasoline out. Not sure how much fuel is left in the tank since the fuel gauge is not working or if Dean flushed the old stuff out. Also checking to see if the battery is draining due to an electrical issue, hopefully it was resolved.

FGTO was there from April 2011 until Nov 2012. As with my previous review several years ago of V8Archie; I will have the GOOD, the BAD and the UGLY here too.

Stay tuned!

------------------
'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights, RX-8 mirrors.
FGTO Build thread ~> Link

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2012 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

REVIEW PREVIEW

This coming Tuesday I'm reviewing "Whodeanies Customs" work on FGTO with a CFF club member. I will have the GOOD, the BAD and the UGLY here too.

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2012 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
Where is that review?

CommanderKeen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2012 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CommanderKeenSend a Private Message to CommanderKeenDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

Where is that review?

The quote in your last comment says tuesday.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2012 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CommanderKeen:

The quote in your last comment says tuesday.

David knows what I am on about.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2012 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Blacktree, blacktree, blacktree!!!

PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2012 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
I wonder how many of us know whats really going on? I am terrible at keeping secrets!

mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2012 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

I wonder how many of us know whats really going on? I am terrible at keeping secrets!

Seriously, you're enjoying this a bit too much. Obviously it's going to be somewhat bad or you wouldn't be THIS excited about it. I know you're pissed at both Dean and certain forum members, but try not to stir the pot too much.

I though you guys were promised weekly updates every Friday now??????? You know, after Cliff broke one off in Deans booty.......

If I recall, you were targeted in Cliff breaking one off too, he said something about keeping it in your thread. If other members have something to say, let hem say it in their own words and time please.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2012 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

If I recall, you were targeted in Cliff breaking one off too, he said something about keeping it in your thread. If other members have something to say, let hem say it in their own words and time please.

LOL you don't have a clue what you are talking about.. keep assuming.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2012 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
The bottom line to most will be" the quality of work ".

We all already know about the delays, and missing parts (which i am sure Dean can address).

Dave will have his say good or bad.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 11-12-2012).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2012 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

The bottom line to most will be" the quality of work ".

We all already know about the delays, and missing parts (which i am sure Dean can address).

Dave will have his say good or bad.

I would imagine a proper review would consist of something like:
Quality of work
Quality of service
Value for money
Time
Additional information

The missing parts thing seems to be very common problem (among many). There is a lot of behind the scenes communication going on (as you know). I know multiple parties are involved. Heck I have spoken to several about it, but they choose to keep it off PFF for "personal reasons".

However, the ball is in David's court and what he chooses to say, or not say, is on him. I'll support his decision either way.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 11-12-2012).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2012 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
With the move and all that he had going on, his parts situation had to be a nightmare.

I too was missing a few interior pieces and some leftover parts when i got my car back from whodeanie, but he addressed things Immediatly when i brought it to his attention, and everything i asked for was returned without a hassle.

Just my two cents.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 11-12-2012).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2012 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Blacktree, blacktree, blacktree!!!

I'll give you 3 guesses.

oh, wait...

Dave and I are going to have an 'executive meeting' tomorrow to plan out the next course of action. If our recent phone conversation is any indication, there may be some interesting things in store. I'll leave it at that.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2012 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post
I just want to see Dave and Tony both out on the road enjoying their Chops.

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 11-12-2012).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2012 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

I'll give you 3 guesses.

oh, wait...

Dave and I are going to have an 'executive meeting' tomorrow to plan out the next course of action. If our recent phone conversation is any indication, there may be some interesting things in store. I'll leave it at that.

David speaks very highly of you.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2012 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

With the move and all that he had going on, his parts situation had to be a nightmare.

I too was missing a few interior pieces and some leftover parts when i got my car back from whodeanie, but he addressed things Immediatly when i brought it to his attention, and everything i asked for was returned without a hassle.

Just my two cents.

PFF
System Bot
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2012 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

I just want to see Dave and Tony both out on the road enjoying their Chops.

BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2012 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post

REVIEW PREVIEW

This coming Tuesday I'm reviewing "Whodeanies Customs" work on FGTO with a CFF club member. Here are some high lights.

Had battery charged and tested it out at Advance Auto, good. Was able to start her up with no issues. Trying to burn the old gasoline out. Not sure how much fuel is left in the tank since the fuel gauge is not working or if Dean flushed the old stuff out. Also checking to see if the battery is draining due to an electrical issue, hopefully it was resolved.

FGTO was there from April 2011 until Nov 2012. As with my previous review several years ago of V8Archie; I will have the GOOD, the BAD and the UGLY here too.

Stay tuned!

Staying tuned!

mwzephyr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2012 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mwzephyrSend a Private Message to mwzephyrDirect Link to This Post
bump again
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2012 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
In a few hours Blacktree, 85LAMB and myself will review FGTO. Should have the review posted by tonight or tomorrow at the latest. I feel this will benefit everyone including Whodeanies Customs. Stay Tuned!

------------------
'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights, RX-8 mirrors.
FGTO Build thread ~> Link

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2012 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post

I feel this will benefit everyone including Whodeanies Customs. Stay Tuned!

If you mean benefit by a "wake up call". Then, yes, I agree. I'll call you in a bit.
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2012 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Don't be so negative. This is not what this review is about.

If you mean benefit by a "wake up call". Then, yes, I agree. I'll call you in a bit.

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2012 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post

topcat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2012 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately, some will take anything you say that is not glowing and positive and use it to try to support their position.... BV seems to be desperate to find allies to support his cause.

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2012 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
Quit drinking and get on with the review...
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2012 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:

Unfortunately, some will take anything you say that is not glowing and positive and use it to try to support their position.... BV seems to be desperate to find allies to support his cause.

LOL Have you been on the phone with me and David? You have NO IDEA whats going on.......... honestly. David wants his review to be taken as factual and not a argument. FACT.

edit- I get to be the angry person. And get to yell "I told you so"!

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 11-13-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2012 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

LOL Have you been on the phone with me and David? You have NO IDEA whats going on.......... honestly. David wants his review to be taken as factual and not a argument. FACT.

edit- I get to be the angry person. And get to yell "I told you so"!

And exactly how is it that I didn't know what I was talking about? You're salivating over this review because you see it as vindication. That said, this isn't your thread or your review, so let him say things in his own way and time. Quit egging it on.

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:
But I do agree that enough is enough. There's no need for BV to keep dragging his problems into this thread. People who read this thread will eventually stumble upon his posts where he claims Dean ruined his car. If they want more information on the what, how and why's, they will (undoubtedly) read the thread he started about it.

So in short, I will not "clean up" this thread (since there's nothing to clean up) but I also ask BV (and anyone else) to keep it out of this thread from now on. You are trying to warn people. You did. No sense in using this thread as an extension of your other thread.

This is what I was referring to earlier. While Cliff didn't specifically mean this thread, I'm sure it applies to it as well. This thread was already moved out of the construction zone because of arguing, I'm sure FierociousGT doesn't want a repeat of that. Just my $.02 and I'm not going to say anything more on this.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2012 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

This is what I was referring to earlier. While Cliff didn't specifically mean this thread, I'm sure it applies to it as well. This thread was already moved out of the construction zone because of arguing, I'm sure FierociousGT doesn't want a repeat of that. Just my $.02 and I'm not going to say anything more on this.

Why do you keep trying to make all this go away? Why bury the truth? More are coming forward. But the part you fail to realize, David and I are friends. All I have EVER asked of David... be honest. So no, I will not stop posting. I will not go away. I will not stop until the truth is out. You (and the others) can ignore the facts all you want... but it doesn't make it any less TRUE. Now why don't you show yourself out. For someone that was screwed over by a shop, you are one of the last people I would have expected this kind of attitude from. So please, don't try to speak for David or Cliff...

And for the part about you dont know what you are talking about... man, you are going to be eating crow..........

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 11-13-2012).]

1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2012 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post

Why do you keep trying to make all this go away? Why bury the truth?

I haven't read a single post where I have inferred the poster wanted the truth to be buried.

Most posts directed towards you are just wishing you could act a little more mature.
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
BV You are giving off that impression to everyone. I am requesting you DO NOT post on my thread until further notice.

Originally posted by topcat:

EDIT:
until further notice

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 11-14-2012).]

carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
Looking forward to the review! I hope it all works out in the end because it's been a heck of a long time!

Carbon and everyone else please do NOT antagonize him.
Thank you.

No problem. I apologize.

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 11-14-2012).]

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Carbon and everyone else please do NOT antagonize him.
Thank you.

EDIT:
Thank you carbon

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 11-14-2012).]

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

In a few hours Blacktree, 85LAMB and myself will review FGTO. Should have the review posted by tonight or tomorrow at the latest. I feel this will benefit everyone including Whodeanies Customs. Stay Tuned!

Soooo, any update on the update?
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Found several Good and Bad things..... I have to check the wiring behind the firewall before I can post photos and findings. I should have time this weekend to jack her up.
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2012 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Review of FGTO

As you are aware FGTO has been at Whodeanies since April 2011 until Nov 2012. To many delays, excuses, mislead, what every you want to call it... FRUSTRATING! IMO Dean is a cool guy, just make the shop cool too.

UNKNOWN: 3800 SCII reinstall, new mounts, dog bone, sits lower, clean, secure and strong. (impressive) MISFIRE ISSUES.
GOOD: new Alternator and relocated.
GOOD: New fuel pump.
GOOD: Installed low mileage clutch.
GOOD: Replaced engine bearings.
GOOD: Replaced problematic intake manifold gasket w/ GM metallic one (I hope so)
GOOD: FG Front bumper design and finish (impressive)
GOOD: Round LED Tail Lights (impressive)
GOOD: Battery was relocated to the front for weight reasons
BAD: A/C conversion from working R12 to non working R134a.
BAD: Front bumper Splitter is splitting open.
BAD: Missing Interior center console, glove box, passenger seat....
BAD: Cruise control and trunk lock switch not working.
BAD: Clutch need to be bled.
BAD: Metal break line pinned between the alternator and the trunk wall. (NO BUENO)
BAD: No time to fix fuel gauge issue.
BAD: PCM is supported by wires. No screws or bolts holding it down. WHY?!
UGLY: Communication and constant delays/excuses but very polite.
UNKNOWN: Have to look behind the firewall to see how the wires are routed and if any thing to protect them from the engine heat.
UNKNOWN: Not sure if the battery drain has been resolved. Reviewing.

The infamous Pop, soda, coke can test for clearance.

Patching opening under the hood extractor was patch. Was not smooth out. Troyboy was kind enough to bring this to my attention since the battery was relocated to the front.

3800 SC II installation was redone. Engine install is clean, secure, sits lower, new mounts, dog bone and alternator has been relocated.

This is where the alternator use to be... Torque the engine and it sparked against the strut tower.

New and relocated alternator. Notice here the break line is pinned down between the between the alternator and the trunk wall. I accelerated the engine and it not shift out of place but for safety reason I will move the out of the sandwich spot. NO BUENO!

LED tail lights look incredible and are very bright. The lens are spray painted satin black like yellowstones. The other side where the old lens has clean cuts but the opening NEED to be closed to avoid getting dust into the clear covers of the taillights. I guess this is ABS and I do have experience working on this type of plastic.

Missing interior (center console, Glove box, my passenger side seat.... LOL.. had to laugh .... What can I say. The move is not an excuse. There should have been better organization of customer parts. I know several customer are having issues with this. Dean did mention he would get them to me some how. I hope it won't take too long.

The splitter or diffuser is interesting how Whodeanies created it using hollow plastic just like those lawn sign that say "Vote For Me". Fiberglass doesn't stick to the material and it's splitting on the back end. This isn't the design that was suppose to be done. Whodeanies did receive detail information earlier in the year with large laser print outs.

Design is base on a 2006 Venturi Heritage GT3

No big deal with Blacktree we are going to make a new splitter possibly using that same material to keep the weight down and cover it with carbon fiber.... maybe. It will have to stick out an inch more then the current. Aprox two inches out. We will make the round opening as pictured above for additional driving lights.

For the most part I am happy with Whodeanies Customs work but do need to get the pending issues resolved and get a list of work and parts performed on my car. Dean was kind enough to Replace my rear deck vents with ones that had blinders (not sure what you call them).

EVERYONE WHO SENDS A CAR TO A CUSTOM SHOP SHOULD BE ABLE TO POST THEIR HONEST OPINION OF THE WORK PERFORMED WITHOUT HAVING TO FEAR WHAT OTHER PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM WILL SAY. Just keep it polite and don't show your a$$.

Special thanks for Blacktree and 85LAMB for helping me review FGTO and to any customers that have posted there honest opinions.... It just benefits everyone at the end.

Will be talking with Blacktree and setting up a game plan to finisher her up. I'd say FGTO is about 98% complete on the exterior. If I recall anything else I'll add it later.

I like to apologies to BV Motorsports for any unnecessary comment I have made in the past. After hearing other customer and myself having certain issue with Whodeanies Customs; BV Motorsports has valid concerns and hope Dean and Steven can work something out.

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 12-17-2012).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock