Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
   Chop Top Dreamers ? How close ($) are you ? (Page 5)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
Chop Top Dreamers ? How close ($) are you ? by exoticse
Started on: 06-27-2004 01:28 PM
Replies: 224
Last post by: BlackThunderGT on 05-01-2013 01:46 AM
Custom88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom88Send a Private Message to Custom88Direct Link to This Post
Actually yes I have removed them quite easily. I said the above cause I had to replace mine. Luckily I was able to find a glass dealer that could polish out the scratches. Speaking of can you polish out scratches in PolyCarbonate? How well does it hold tint?
IP: Logged
Custom88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom88Send a Private Message to Custom88Direct Link to This Post

Custom88

76 posts
Member since Oct 2005
Oops sorry Josh
DEMONCHILD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2006 06:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DEMONCHILDSend a Private Message to DEMONCHILDDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by DEMONCHILD (edited 10-16-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2006 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Ok so who is next on deck ??

I know of at least one person who has the cash in hand and is preparing to go north.

Anyone else ??
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2007 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Anybody out there saving their choptop pennies ??
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2007 05:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
Cash in hand, but doing engine swap first. It is going to be much later in the year for me.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2007 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Anybody out there saving their choptop pennies ??

How many does one need ?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2007 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

A little inspiration ?

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2007 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

i understand we have several people lining up for this service over the next year or so ??
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2007 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

bump ?
rclassic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rclassicSend a Private Message to rclassicDirect Link to This Post
I started mine on a parts car I have. I did a search on chop tops looking for a little guidance as far as measurements other people are using but didn't find a whole lot. So I decided to give it wack . Now I would not consider myself professional my any means,that being said, I fired up the saws-all and got busy. I don't think there is a text book way of chopping a vechicle but all the Fieros on here look sweet with a 3" chop so thats what I am going for. I will post some pics of my handy work when I get a chance( and get the BALLS!!) Archies cars as well as you other guys do some great work,very impressive.
PS . This is a very friendly forum and it really has inspired me to do a chop. Rod
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Next ????
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Still saving my pennies. Being laid off work pushed my plans back a bit but don't count me out yet.

------------------

My best advice when it comes to your Fiero is to "NOT" do any dealings with www.kitcarman.com
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-1-061575.html <~ The drama with kitcarman
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/078336.html <~ finishing and fixing kitcarmans mess
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/079860.html <~ re-do after kitcarmans motor blew up.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2008 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Next ????

Originally posted by War Hammer:

Hey Archie,

Put me down for a fastback widebody kit with wide front fenders for the middle of March. I just bought Pacethis' project '88 with Corvette. BTW, whta spoiler and decklid scoop was used on #15?

Thanks,
Paul

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2008 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I will be doing a choptop in '09 (if all works out). Right now I have to finish the interior, upgrade the brakes, buy and install the widebody, rollcage, the tranny (6spd), l67sc, etc. My budget for '08 is 12k. The car was 6k - so I have a lot to do with a modest budget. Wish me luck.

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerDirect Link to This Post
TTT
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 04:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanDirect Link to This Post
I got another Fiero GT that will be a chop top.
Talked to the guy that made the one I have today and he will help me do another.
I dont know when right now but I gues within a year. Dont have the money right now but will start with the suspention and brakes on the car before I take the car to my chop top guy. After the chop I will go on with a widebody build on that car.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2008 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Talked to at least 3 guys at Daytona planning choptops !

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2009 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Finally had my choptop shipped down this week, and all i have to say is, if you can FIT and can AFFORD it,....GET ONE !!

Choptops are bada$$ !!

Fieros already look good, but the chop makes them look great !

i still can't believe this awesome looking car is mine !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-25-2009).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-24-2009 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
I agree about the look of a chopped Fiero. Bada$$! But i want your doors. I had caught the video that Archie had made off of your car. Supreme craftsmanship. Guess that I have to convince my significant other to let me buy those. Awesome working doors. She may let me. Got my fingers crossed. Post some new pics of your ride Exoticse.

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

I will try to post some pictures and video !!

My girlfriend has a new fancy digital camera so she is going to have to show me how to download it onto the computer then we will be golden.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

as requested !

Shot these shortly after the car arrived.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2010 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Well a Chop is definately in my future. Maybe by this time next year.

Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2010 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Is this close enough?

I have about two years. The kids are graduating and going to college. That will eat up a portion of my Fiero fund. Family comes first and then the Fieros.

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 04-04-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2010 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daredevil05:

Is this close enough?

Can you blow-up the pics? I'm old and I can't see very well.
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2010 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
I'm really hoping to get started on the next ground breaker soon, I bought some land here in South Texas a couple of weeks ago and once I get a shop built I can get back to work on the Chop Top Fiero with glass windows from a production car.
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2010 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
Well, I guess go ahead and put me on this list. I will be doing my own chop again like last time. SmoothGT got chopped after I left the forum before it got scrapped... I am also trying to decide on a 10" stretch along w/ the chop... BUT, I wont have the GT until the end of the month..

------------------
SMTHGT.....
aka. "SmoothGT"

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2010 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

I'm really hoping to get started on the next ground breaker soon, I bought some land here in South Texas a couple of weeks ago and once I get a shop built I can get back to work on the Chop Top Fiero with glass windows from a production car.

have any interest in chopping a T-top? Lots of discussion in multiple threads... It's never been done to completion that I know of. I could donate a spaceframe if you want to practice.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2010 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

jscott1

21676 posts
Member since Dec 2001

Originally posted by SMTHGT:

I am also trying to decide on a 10" stretch along w/ the chop...

something like this?

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2010 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

something like this?

EXACTLY
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SMTHGT:

EXACTLY

That actually looks good. I do want to do a T-Top car; I just have not been able to get my hands on one. I need to get my new shop built my saws all is getting dusty.

PFF
System Bot
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
On a chop for a T-top car,

why not just cut out one 3 inch section in the center of the windshield pillar and one 3 inch section in the rear C-pillar? (yes on both sides of the car. lol)

You can then readjust the winshield angle, and you would only have to use smaller windshield and back windows.

I (amateur warning here) would think the T-tops, the seals, etc would be the same, just lowered 3 inches, which would allow for the use of the same side windows?

(AMATEUR WARNING) Ill have to look at my T bar roof car again, but my untrained body shop mind says "looks like it would work"

[This message has been edited by htexans1 (edited 04-06-2010).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by htexans1:

On a chop for a T-top car,

why not just cut out one 3 inch section in the center of the windshield pillar and one 3 inch section in the rear C-pillar? (yes on both sides of the car. lol)

You can then readjust the winshield angle, and you would only have to use smaller windshield and back windows.

I (amateur warning here) would think the T-tops, the seals, etc would be the same, just lowered 3 inches, which would allow for the use of the same side windows?

That's exactly how my car was chopped, and all is good, but you can't use the same side windows. They are not even close to being right. And you still need the cutdown windshield.

Here is my t-top with the frame removed

Here it is after you shorten the B Pillars, shorten the windshield, and angle it down

Here's what happens with the stock windows and you roll them down three inches

It's actually worse than that because the window angles out as it goes down so they are not even close to fitting.

My chop t-top had stock windows in it and I've seen this effect with my own eyes, so I know they won't work.

On the other hand, if you were to chop around chop top side windows, and cut down the windshield, you would have a sweet ride.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Anybody looking to do their own choptop, i have an 86se that can be had for $300 !

The engine is bad however. Even if you screw it up, you haven't really lost anything.
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
So, anyone new..??? My due date is in my sig.

------------------
Steve
Aka. "SmoothGT"
(r.i.p.)
" SmoothGT-'w8c' ".....
rough est. date 04/02/2011.....

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2010 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
I plan on starting mine as soon as i get tax refund in april, I will be aided by Av8fiero doing it since he hs already done one I am also concidering the reverse chop as well with it just as he has done plus my butterfly door mod im workin on
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

well I guess when I sell my car I will have enough for the chop......the only thing I won't have is my car to get chopped.......

SOLD YET..??? might as well sell it.... this is from 2004 AND LOOKS THE SAME... Update..??

------------------
Steve
aka. SmoothGT
NotAFieroAnyLonger
CURRENT BUILD:
" SmoothGT-'w8nc' "
1987 Fiero V8/hybrid
1995 Lexus SC-400

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

SMTHGT

1075 posts
Member since Mar 2010

DREAMS REALLY CAN COME TRUE.

PICS..??? Newer pictures there SirTony....??? Ive seen Deans thread, but any 'spy' pics..?? How long have we been doing 'spy' pics..??? Any update on anything Sir CurlsAlot..?? You?are always UP TO SOMETHING....
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2011 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Kit ordered !

Another Central Florida Fiero member realizing the dream !

Welcome aboard Pedro !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 02-20-2011).]

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2011 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
I am soooooo close now. dean is building mine!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock