Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
   Chop Top Dreamers ? How close ($) are you ? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
Chop Top Dreamers ? How close ($) are you ? by exoticse
Started on: 06-27-2004 01:28 PM
Replies: 224
Last post by: BlackThunderGT on 05-01-2013 01:46 AM
opm2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 05:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for opm2000Click Here to visit opm2000's HomePageSend a Private Message to opm2000Direct Link to This Post

This has been on the back burner a while, other projects to get out of the way first. 4.9 crate/Allante intake/4t65e ready to go in, Pantera body to go on. Maybe rolling by mid summer.

David Breeze

------------------

Pantera Rebody Kits

IP: Logged
Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post11-26-2004 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
I am contemplating doing mine after Daytona 2005 the only difference I will be doing it in a new Fiero facility here that I will be opening early next year

[This message has been edited by Master Tuner Akimoto (edited 11-26-2004).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Master Tuner Akimoto:

I am contemplating doing mine after Daytona 2005 the only difference I will be doing it in a new Fiero facility here that I will be opening early next year

Does that mean there will be a second source for professionally done chop tops? If only we could get enough chop tops so that we can cost effectively order the tempered glass side windows.

fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post

MTA, Where is "here"? Your user info says USA.

------------------
fourpoint9
87 notchback 4.9L swap in progress

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

MTA, Where is "here"? Your user info says USA.

I believe MTA is in Miami.

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2004 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

I believe MTA is in Miami.

or as far away from me as he can be (in the 48).

------------------
fourpoint9
87 notchback 4.9L swap in progress

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2004 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
DREAMS REALLY CAN COME TRUE.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 12-23-2004).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2004 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Now take that tax refund and get yourself the Chop top you have always wanted.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2004 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Hey Tony, did you get to sit in Chester's chopper? I remember when I first sat in the Stinger and the PPE. After that....it was a done deal. Well, actually it was to late to back out. I had drove 2100 miles. No need to turn around and go back.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2004 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Now take that tax refund and get yourself the Chop top you have always wanted.

Haven't even gotten to the tax refund yet, but i have had an unbelievable holiday season sales wise.

Fire451

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2004 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fire451Click Here to visit Fire451's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fire451Direct Link to This Post
I got to drive to Archies and get the chop top done before I drive it to California to get the paint done. then all I got to do is drive it back up here and install a nice V8.. I plan on having the body mods done by 2006

------------------

86 SE 2.9L
Best ET : 14.9 @ 90 MPH

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2005 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Okay who's getting a choptop in 2005? in the Fall, summer, or winter?
Soaper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2005 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SoaperSend a Private Message to SoaperDirect Link to This Post
im damn close... almost there... i know im going to archies to get my fiero back and when i see her chopped i wake up... IM THAT CLOSE

Soaper

The Funkmaster

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2005 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterDirect Link to This Post
Hmm.

Insert engine. Subtract $5,500.
Insert new intake/exhaust, and turbo. Subtract another $6,000 or so.
Save up $4,000 for choptop...

Yeah, gimme until October, maybe a little later. I want a chop... and there's nothing you can do to stop me!

Steve

------------------

YellowRooster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2005 06:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YellowRoosterSend a Private Message to YellowRoosterDirect Link to This Post
Well since I have so many irons in the fire with moving, getting married, honeymoon etc, etc, my funds are quickly diminishing. Oh did I mention the ring?!?!?!?! Anyway my chop top fund is through my stock purchase plan here at work. The way I see it is the funds will be there sometime mid to late summer. I have already got the "OK" to use that money for the haircut!

Mike

slickrick2000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2005 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for slickrick2000Send a Private Message to slickrick2000Direct Link to This Post
I am just trying to finish up getting my garage cleaned up and safe to do all the welding and I'll be on my way. I am thinking about practicing on the parts car thats in there now, so maybe there might be a rust free chopped frame for sale in the future. I have a lot of thinking, measuring, marking, thinking marking, and measuring goin on with this right now, so when the first actual cut will be made is not known yet.

Rick

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2005 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Sorry. I bump my head on this thread again. This one is for the newbees who are emailing me about Archie's choptops. Please add to list if you plan on getting one done.
wiccantoy

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2005 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyDirect Link to This Post
would that mean you are planning to do it for customers?

------------------

86 and 87 fiero database www.geocities.com/cwandall/fiero.html

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2005 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Okay, what happened to the home-brewed choptops? NAFAL, Will-Martin, and Slueglue? Will any make it to Daytona?
Kento

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2005 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wiccantoy:

would that mean you are planning to do it for customers?

Yes Wicca, He will be doing them for Customers.

------------------
4.9 Caddy ON CRADLE in Garage! Car in Driveway! ACK!

http://home.cfl.rr.com/fierose
Central Florida Fieros
http://www.centralfloridafieros.org

Proud Member and founder of the DOWN SOUTH SUNNY WINTER PICK ON SNOW PEOPLE COALITION!

TUrd Furgasun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2005 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TUrd FurgasunSend a Private Message to TUrd FurgasunDirect Link to This Post
I understand why Archie won't chop a T-Top, but wouldn't smaller glass solve the problem?
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2005 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by TUrd Furgasun:

I understand why Archie won't chop a T-Top, but wouldn't smaller glass solve the problem?

Yes it would...there was one member who said he chopped a t-top that way but the opening was too small to be satisfying.

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2005 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TUrd Furgasun:

Saying smaller glass would solve the "T" top problem is a lot easier to say than to make happen.

Besides making a smaller pc. of glass & getting it curved and drilled just right, you'd need to design new outside trim for it. You'll also need to figure out how to redo the latch and inside trim.

Archie

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2005 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by joshua riedl (edited 04-09-2005).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2005 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by joshua riedl:

pretty close, i just dropped off the body at the paint shop.

Huh ?? WHy would u paint it before you chop it ??

The paint is going to be toast after the chop.

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2005 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by joshua riedl (edited 04-09-2005).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2005 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Saying smaller glass would solve the "T" top problem is a lot easier to say than to make happen.

Besides making a smaller pc. of glass & getting it curved and drilled just right, you'd need to design new outside trim for it. You'll also need to figure out how to redo the latch and inside trim.

Archie

No doubt that would be a lot of work...

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2005 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Who will be first to "break-in" the new V8/choptop house?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2005 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Probably going to wait until i come back from Ireland in October before i get this done. Don't want any unexpected overseas money hassles.

I know at least one other person will beat me to it (first chopper in Archie's new shop),..anybody else getting chopped in the next few months ??

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2005 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

I know at least one other person will beat me to it (first chopper in Archie's new shop)

Who..?? Who..?? (not me...)
stopped working on mine until I get the V8 in there..

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2005 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Any chop'rs breaking-in Archie's shop? Who's next?

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2005 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Bump. Because---good "Pipe Dreams" should never die.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-07-2005).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2005 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Wow for a minute there i was sure that was a chop top fiero there !

Amazing how similair the lines are.

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2005 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
After alot of debate I have ended up just going with a convertable.
Sorry Archie,
Brad

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2005 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

All i can say is Brad be careful where you put your money. Archie is dependable and solid, some of the others out there
can be kinda shady.

86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2005 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
Who wants to sponsor my chop top

A questoin here. Would Archie be willing to do a chop, if I brought him the car tore down, the parts that he needs to take off removed. Also just giving back parts that he doesnt have to put back on to test fit. To at least save some time and money.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2005 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

That is a good question, that you need to direct to Archie, but to be honest i don't see that great of savings. The real work is in the cutting, rewelding, and fiberglassing IMO.

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86GT3.4DOHC:

Who wants to sponsor my chop top

A questoin here. Would Archie be willing to do a chop, if I brought him the car tore down, the parts that he needs to take off removed. Also just giving back parts that he doesnt have to put back on to test fit. To at least save some time and money.

There is an option where you can do all the dis-assembly & re-assembly on the interior. http://www.v8archie.com/choptop.htm However, this means you have to take all the interior apart including removing the dash, so you'll have to trailer it here & back.

We prefer to take the body parts off here. In the past where the customer dis-assembles the body, he always forgets to bring a body part or some fasteners or small parts & I always end up stealing those missing parts off of one of my own cars to complete the car on time.

Archie

F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
I have a few Qs about chopping the Fiero. one is Why do you have to remove the windshield if it is being laid back? Two is do you have to make a cut at the top of the windshield or does it just lay back and rest on the rear quarter pillars that you cut? Three, will some one show me the best place to make the cuts? I can do it on my own but if there are helpful tips to save time and material I would like to know? I have a saw made to cut rock this uses a diamond blade and a special oil for cutting I plan to see if it will work on a spare side window if it works I will chop my 85 coupe.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Archie

Archie is correct, or course, but I decided to give it the old college try and complete Will-Martin's chop top t-top. Everything Archie says on his webpage is correct. The art of chopping tops died when all the cars went to curved glass. His method of laying back the windshield is what makes chopping the Fiero economical. The art of cutting down a windshield is nearly a lost art. I've only been able to find one person in the country willing to try.

Don't expect it anytime soon, as I am trying to complete my "regular" chop top, (if there is such a thing) LOL

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock