Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
   Chop Top Dreamers ? How close ($) are you ? (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
Chop Top Dreamers ? How close ($) are you ? by exoticse
Started on: 06-27-2004 01:28 PM
Replies: 224
Last post by: BlackThunderGT on 05-01-2013 01:46 AM
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2006 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Look Archie there is Glass windows in that car guess what you to this day have not been able to make good on your promise to all that have your Chops will get them. You butt in to my thread spreading lies and telling everyone there that you will get them glass windows at your cost to this day has anyone received glass windows from you Not that I now off but we all now you said that to discourage others from getting them.
It is bad that he could not finish his car and it is good he could take it to you to fix it but it is bad that you would exploited his misfortune like that
IP: Logged
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2006 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:
I have been told also that Archie is referring to me and my build thread and selling my car.

Actually I would say, "no." I talk to Archie on a regular basis (and other choptop owners) and he never made any mention about you or your car. That was on Friday the 29th and I just got off the phone with him just a few minutes ago while he was driving. Although I have much respect for your skills and abilities in getting glass....from my conversation with Archie, you're name or car never came up in our conversation.

------------------

"Anyone can make a copy of something, it may look good but it ever is the real car. Make something from your imagination, something unique, something nobody has, anything is possible and, ideas can be a reality."

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2006 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom88:

Dang looks like you could've taken that car to F355 to fix in a weekend. Would be a heck of a lot cheaper too. Sorry for your wallet.

I thought you were a troll from a couple of your post……now I know you are.

. It is funny that Archie tries to always put other people down and take advantage of others misfortune. I ask how does this make him a good person. Lets face it have you ever seen him give help to anyone all he does is spread lies and disrespect to others to line his pockets. I ask everyone here is this car not finished]

That’s funny, It looks like you are the one putting someone and his work down. You must be so jealous of Archie’s success you can’t see it. You are one of two people I have ever had bad words with on this forum in 6 years. I thought you got out of Fiero’s/? You said you would never built another one after you lost you’re a$$ of the last one. If you are so good why don’t you offer your services to the forum??? You can see there is a market for it., Archie is on chop #24

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2006 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanDirect Link to This Post
My choptop is home made but Archie have never talked down about it. All he said was good looking choptop.
And all Archie tryes too say is that the chop is not anything that anybody should do. It takes skills.

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
86 GT, 3.4 Camaro engine,
choptop # 1 in Europe/Sweden

GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2006 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post

. Lets face it have you ever seen him give help to anyone all he does is spread lies and disrespect to others to line his pockets.

I HAVE, Not only choptop help but to others just passing by.
Paranoia runs deep, Into your life it did creep.
Good Day
Gary
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2006 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
I did not see anything bad in Archie when I called him and asked for help. He definitley does not need my money. I could not think of one company or business out there that would except someones car that was already messed with and in a bunch of pieces. I was ready to find a donar car and transfer my items off my car when Archie told me that would not be necessary, he would GIVE me a top off of one of his cars. The doors were pretty much stuck closed on my car . I don't know what all that means but I do trust Archies' abilities.
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2006 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DL10:

That’s funny, It looks like you are the one putting someone and his work down. You must be so jealous of Archie’s success you can’t see it. You are one of two people I have ever had bad words with on this forum in 6 years. I thought you got out of Fiero’s/? You said you would never built another one after you lost you’re a$$ of the last one. If you are so good why don’t you offer your services to the forum??? You can see there is a market for it., Archie is on chop #24

Heh....that about sums it up, doesn't it, Mikey?
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2006 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cornersonrails:

I did not see anything bad in Archie when I called him and asked for help. He definitley does not need my money. I could not think of one company or business out there that would except someones car that was already messed with and in a bunch of pieces. I was ready to find a donar car and transfer my items off my car when Archie told me that would not be necessary, he would GIVE me a top off of one of his cars. The doors were pretty much stuck closed on my car . I don't know what all that means but I do trust Archies' abilities.

Hey Chris! I'm much like you - but not as crazy!! =8^o

I know you got the itch real baaaad. From my POV, the $4k Archie's asks is a bargain for guys like me who could never do this work - unless I won the powerball lottery - and had three or four years to destroy a bunch of "test" chops. Put it simply - your #24. Archie knows what he is doing - you won't be disappointed - and you learned a valuable lesson. Stay in your comfort zone - start small and graduate to more difficult things one easy step at a time. After the chop you'll no doubt have a bunch of other things you'll wan to do.

There are others who know what they are doing as well. For my money - I'd rather get the person who has the MOST experience to do special work on my car. The SBC and 6 Spd now has 12,000km on it. Runs better every day.

For F355 rants -

As far as Archie goes - I've never heard him say anything bad about anyone who was up front with him. He's told me some very funny stories, as you'd expect from someone who has been in the business for more than 20 yrs. His work is his word. If I had his knowledge and experience I wouldn't be giving it away either. He treated me like familly in September - and yeah - "arteest" (pronounced art-eest) can be a little "different". He's earned the right.

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your car - as it comes out of ICU!

Dave

------------------

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2006 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
Once again there are the same few that jump in and make excuses for him and one or two new ones. The fact is He did not tell this forum a true statement. Also to say he has never said or done bad things just read every thread I started you will see were he tries to bash me in every one of them. Read between the lines and anyone can see this even in this thread. Why can’t he stop talking trash and be positive that is all I ask. Also look in my threads and you will see your same names jumping in. Face it guys it is a fact he said he was going to get you all glass windows a year ago at his cost in my thread to stop people from getting them all I ask is did he do it or not. I know a lot of people need him he is basically the only one that works on Fieros in this nature. I also realize the ones that need him will stand up for him and I respect that but lets face it the reason I made my Chop Top was because of him. I was reading a thread on here were some one was Chopping their own car and I get down the thread and read his statement about it being over a year and asking the guy if it was out back with the weeds growing around it and I thought this is suppose to be the lead Fiero Professional here my God this guy is hateful and mean. So I said I would do a Fiero Chop to help the people that want to do the work themselves. So in my quest to help others it has been hell every thread I started you will see him jump in and tell lies not compliments but lies then when his lies were proved wrong did he actually think I made a mistake and apologize NO he just slid back under his rock and let others take up for him. I said it before and will again that car could have been fixed in one day he did not have to go through all of the theatrics and cut the top off and try to put fear in others not to work on there cars this was a scare tactic to exaggerate the situation so others would not try and succeed. You guys can call me names if you want you can say I am the one that starts trouble to ensure you get your cars worked on that is fine and I understand and admire you for standing up for your friend but it does not stop him from lying and it does not help him become a better person if you support a elementary school bully he will continue to bully to the weak if you be his friend for real and let him know this type of behavior is not supported but you are his friend maybe the bully will become a better person. So If you guys really want to help your friend I suggest to get him to stop flat out telling lies. If you have been in my shoes I wonder how you would have liked it always remember there are two sides to every street. Face it I do not make promises to others deliberately and not keep them and nor am I the one telling lies and if I am proved wrong not saying I am sorry I made a mistake. If his comments in this thread were truly not meet for me I apologize and was wrong to assume but if not my words stand true. I do believe if you really read it you will come to a different conclusion. Any way I wish you all a good day and admire the guy for trying he has balls and I think if more people had his attitude more good things would happen for every failed there could be a success story and I will sit back and let you guys call me more names again instead of looking for the truth and realizing not every one needs the guy so I can speak out. Ok you guys can call me more names now and say it is me.
Custom88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2006 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom88Send a Private Message to Custom88Direct Link to This Post
Answer me this who has listed FREE instructions on how to chop a top? I think only F355 has. And if this statement stands true then he is who Archie is speaking of. He says so himself.
DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2006 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post

Answer me this who has listed FREE instructions on how to chop a top? I think only F355 has. And if this statement stands true then he is who Archie is speaking of. He says so himself.

How you doing Mike...........funny most people who join this forum put something in their profile. Only trolls and people with more then one ID don't want to post this info. It pretty bad when you have to use another ID just so someone will agree with you.
PFF
System Bot
DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2006 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post

DL10

2350 posts
Member since Jun 2000
[

Face it guys it is a fact he said he was going to get you all glass windows a year ago at his cost in my thread to stop people from getting them all I ask is did he do it or not

Once again you are the one lying….Archie has never said that..

You are the one who lied to the forum saying your windows fit a Archie chop to a nat’s a$$ to get them to buy your windows

Remember this picture
This is the one where you put my template up to the window crooked so it appears to line up………everything but that bottom edge you misaligned . line up that bottom edge and then see how good the other edges match.
I really don’t want to go over all of this again but you seam to want me to. I’m glad you got windows made to fit your choptop, but the facts are they won’t fit Archie’s chops….They won’t fit anybody’s chop unless it is just like yours. Even your biggest supporter joshua riedl, { who originally said the windows fit great finally admitted that he had to re-chop his car to get them to fit

Originally posted by joshua riedl:
got the chop re-work done a while ago.. I played with the window seals some more. Basically I moved the front part of the frame in as far as it would go and moved the rear of the frame out as far as it would go. I trimmed out some more rubber on the vertical part of the seal and the windows fit perfect now. They sealed up fine before but didn't look quite right. Now you can't even tell they aren't stock. It's tricky because the front of the windows hit the rubber first when closing the door and pushes the door glass out. It's good because it seals nice on the front but the rear was pushing out too far..

I didn't even see this got bumped up. The angle of the side glass being off from the windshield angle bugged me so I decided to lean the windshield back some more. I got a roof off of a junkyard fiero I'll use for the new roof panel and I cut out some of the metal pieces to use for reinforcement over my cuts. It's all clamped up and cleaned up now. I'll get it welded up this weekendar

And even after all of that they still don’t go up and down without help

Originally posted by fieromadman:

. The side windows fit real good. They roll down fine but getting them back up requires openeing the doors. I guess its not a huge deal, its just the the curve fo the glass is so extreme that its a little off int eh track. He needs to cut down the gaskets a little more and try greasing the track and maybe they will even go up and down on their own without opening the door. ...

If you want to keep arguing with me take it to PM’s so everyone else doesn’t have to read it.
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2006 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
I was trying my hardest to stay out of this one but I got dragged in anyway. Yes I did re-chop my car. I have pictures in my thread before and after. To get the angle for the windows I had to shim the seals with 3 or 4 washers. I then went a different route with my engine swap which required me to replace my hacked up wiring harness. I figured since the interior is mostly removed why not get the windshield angle perfect. Keep in mind the angle was close enough where I didn't even have to remove the windshield. People now have the option of getting windows first and chopping to fit so it doesn't really matter. And if DL10 wants to settle it for good I will drive down to illinois this weekend with a spare set of windows and we can lay them to see if they fit. Let me know, my weekend is open.
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2006 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post

joshua riedl

1426 posts
Member since Jan 2004
I forgot to say that they did go up without help, I just had to open the door. The battery is still disconnected so I can't test them with the new angle.
DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2006 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post

I was trying my hardest to stay out of this one but I got dragged in anyway. Yes I did re-chop my car. I have pictures in my thread before and after. To get the angle for the windows I had to shim the seals with 3 or 4 washers. I then went a different route with my engine swap which required me to replace my hacked up wiring harness. I figured since the interior is mostly removed why not get the windshield angle perfect. Keep in mind the angle was close enough where I didn't even have to remove the windshield. People now have the option of getting windows first and chopping to fit so it doesn't really matter. And if DL10 wants to settle it for good I will drive down to illinois this weekend with a spare set of windows and we can lay them to see if they fit. Let me know, my weekend is open.

You are welcome to come down for a visit any time. I would love to see your car. I have to give you credit, it looks like you did a great job. Maybe we can take some side-by-side photos. Both you, Mike and several others have made their own ChopTops and I think that’s great you all have 10X the skills I have. But I think you would have to be the first to say that one glass won’t fit all choptops, the windshield angle being most critical.

I’m not trying to cause anybody any trouble. I have never gone in any of his or your threads and said anything about that fact. I have never asked for any of his customers to give a report good or bad. But WHERE are they? Now is the time to speak up. I’m not putting down Mike’s windows just pointing out the facts. If you want to do your own ChopTop then get Mike’s windows and go from there. Good Luck

As far as am I interested in buying the extra set you have, I have told you before I am happy enough with to windows I have………sure glass would be nice but I could never get away with that much tint here in Illinois. And even if my car could use a little paint and bodywork, I’m not ready to put on a new roof to get glass windows.
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2006 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
You don't have to buy them. I was just curious if they would fit your car. If you want me to drive mine down it will take some time. I'm still waiting on an idler pulley and VATS bypass module. I'll let you know when the car is ready.
Custom88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2006 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom88Send a Private Message to Custom88Direct Link to This Post
F355 does have Clear Glass windows so don't let tint be an excuse. I'm still suprised as hell that Jscott hasn't chimed in about his plastic windows.

[This message has been edited by Custom88 (edited 10-04-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2006 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

F355 does have Clear Glass windows so don't let tint be an excuse. I'm still suprised as hell that Jscott hasn't chimed in about his plastic windows.

If I had the "skills" I'd be looking for "props" by being the first person to fix the choptop T-top and getting you're "glass" to fit? I'd be more concerned about my involvement in "helping" others vs. having a piss-contest between who said "what"? While you're at it, maybe try the glass set out on #014? After all, isn't jscott in TX???

So please, take the high road.....help the Fiero community, don't tear-down the community.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2006 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

While you're at it, maybe try the glass set out on #014? After all, isn't jscott in TX???

I was going to stay out of this, but my buddy Curley dragged me in...

First let me say that I have nothing but good things to say about my experience with Archie. He has helped me out, even before I was a customer of his. And as a customer I got nothing but first class service.

Also, Mike has helped me as well. I have a set of his glass windows, and he delivered what he said he would deliver and at the price he quoted, so I have nothing but good things to say about my experience with Mike.

As for whether Mike's glass windows fit an Archie chop? I don't know. I bought them for my homebrewed chop rather than trying to bend lexan. If they don't fit my homebrewed I have more options to make them fit. My #14 is still at the paint shop so I haven't even been able to hold them up to the car and compare.

- Peace
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2006 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

jscott1

21676 posts
Member since Dec 2001
Also, let me add that I looked into having glass windows made and I called every glass shop in the country and only one was interested, and it was not cheap. So what Mike has done is no small feat. And every glass shop I talked to said that I should have started with the glass first and built the car around it. So for anyone doing a homebrewed, I would suggest that route.
DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2006 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post

I guess you didn’t read page 3 of this thread.....back when Mike was asking for help on where to make the cuts. Omp2000 showed him several pics of where to cut.

No excuses here
Frist off I was talking about the extra set that Joshua has.. And they are tinted.
Second thing is I have said before I really don’t have a problem with the windows I have.
And Third I don’t care if they fit or not I would not buy anything from someone who has lied to this forum and me as much as Mike has about these windows.
I have no problem with test fitting them to my car so everyone can see the results of how they fit a Archie chop. But I think it would be a lot easier for Joshua to just stop at Archie’s and try them on one of the cars he has there. That would save Joshua about 21/2 hours both ways.
What I wonder is why none of the homebrew chops showed up at the Chop Top reunion?? That would have been a great time to compare them..

I also wonder as to why you have never responded to me calling you a troll or someone with more then one ID here on the forum. I also noticed you added a hometown after I said I thought it was odd you left your profile blank? Since you live so close to me maybe we can meet up and you can see my windows close up. I will even drive to Decatur anytime you want. Prove me wrong and I will apologize to you for doubting you.
PFF
System Bot
Custom88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2006 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom88Send a Private Message to Custom88Direct Link to This Post
Well for one I have only one ID. And two I guess I do fit being a Troll, as I sit back and read posts made by all. Many asking the same things over and over (typical of any forum) and when I see someone unjustly being Drug back into the lime light I speak up. Look up my posts most are this..... Oh wait I have helped a couple people out with the problems with their cars too. Is Archie still getting his customers glass? That would make his chops worth much more. Hey as Curly said "take the high road" (hopefully that's not a pot joke) and make the statement that maybe Archie should check out a set and see what it would take to fit them to his chops. Then he could easly pay for the tooling and heve them made. See now wouldn't that be sweet? Hey F355 you going to open your "chop" shop up soon?
DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2006 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post

Well for one I have only one ID. And two I guess I do fit being a Troll, as I sit back and read posts made by all. Many asking the same things over and over (typical of any forum) and when I see someone unjustly being Drug back into the lime light I speak up. Look up my posts most are this..... Oh wait I have helped a couple people out with the problems with their cars too. Is Archie still getting his customers glass? That would make his chops worth much more. Hey as Curly said "take the high road" (hopefully that's not a pot joke) and make the statement that maybe Archie should check out a set and see what it would take to fit them to his chops. Then he could easly pay for the tooling and heve them made. See now wouldn't that be sweet? Hey F355 you going to open your "chop" shop up soon?

The problem with telling lies is you forget who you said what to, and when you said it……..I see, so you were just reading the forum and you saw Mike getting drug into this thread……….that’s why you posted one post before he did. And then he is the one posting stirring the pot with his lies.

Both of you must know something or have read something I have no knowledge of, because you both state that Archie said in Mikes post that he was getting all of his customer’s glass windows for cost?? So we wouldn’t buy his windows. Pleas show me that statement

And I really do think you are a troll……so please prove me wrong and let my buy you dinner at the restaurant of your choice. To say I’m sorry I judged you wrong . I can be in Decatur in less than 1 hour. Name the time name the place
Custom88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2006 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom88Send a Private Message to Custom88Direct Link to This Post
Never said I wasn't a troll. If you call it that when a person doesn't post much. If that fits the bill by all means call me a troll. Any way to change or add onto a user ID?
DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2006 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post

Never said I wasn't a troll. If you call it that when a person doesn't post much. If that fits the bill by all means call me a troll. Any way to change or add onto a user ID?

That’s a lurker.....a troll is someone who is not who they say they are and only post to stir the pot. Why won’t you meet me to prove you really live in Decatur?? If you don’t like food haw about a few rounds at your favorite bar.

DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2006 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post

DL10

2350 posts
Member since Jun 2000
I know everyone says they hate it when these kind of post go on but over 250 veiws to this post in 1 day???????

To get this thred back on topic:

I hope my self-control will allow me to let this be my last response to this thread or any other thread about this subject. I really don’t like to offer my opinion when it is negative, I try to live my life with the motto “If you don’t have something nice to say., don’t say anything “ but sometimes your values, beliefs ??…make you speak up.

As a society we don’t respect one another as much as we used to. I respect Mike for the fact he had a goal. Make a chop top Fiero…. He did it.. He also had a goal of being the first one to put glass windows in one ….. He did it. It’s after he accomplished this goal he became like the little kid who was always goes look what I did .You can’t do it. . It’s your I’m better then you are aptitude that I didn’t like.
Mike like I have said many times in the past you are a very talented and resourceful man. But I think you lack Respect for other people accomplishments.
This whole thing started when you decided you wanted to build your own Choptop. You were looking for help as to where to do the cuts. You asked Archie and either he wouldn’t tell you or wouldn’t tell you enough?? You got this attitude that by god I’ll show him.
You help people when they need help, {example} Guy tries to do is own chop, totally messes it up so that the best way to fix ii is to put on a new top and start over. You GIVE him one from a car you have …..chop the top the right way …..and still charge him what you would of charged him if he would of brought you the car in the first place.
You don’t give away exact details on how to do something you have developed to perfection. That you currently do for a living.

After you chopped the car, you were the first to get glass windows made, but I feel {once again this is just my opinion} you were less then truthful in every step of that process..
In order for you to get windows made you not only had to pay a setup fee you had to place a order of at least 15 sets. You started a post about glass windows for 3” choptops trying to get orders from Archie’s customers…When he steps in to say he doesn’t think they will fit his chops and why they won’t fit, that’s when you get all crazy on him.. Then one minute you have all 15 sets sold then a couple back out. others took there place…….yet now you still have 5 sets left??

I don’t really care to discuss it any more. If you can help others fulfill their dream of owing a choptop please do so. And take one little word of wisdom from me you have to give respect before you will get any.
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2006 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
I actually have the day off tomorrow. Do you think Archie would mind if I stopped in to check if they fit?
wicky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2006 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wickySend a Private Message to wickyDirect Link to This Post
I seriously think that Archie is screwing a lot of people over. Personally this whole window deal is total BS on his part. Basically if you tell someone that you are going to give them glass windows, and don't follow through, it is called, "bad business" and will make you lose many many customers. And as for cliff changing crap in favor of Archie's word against everyone else, it seriously better stop because that isn't right either. You know what? I have nothing to lose by what I am saying, I don't even own a fiero! lol I personally don't like the attitudes of most of the people in the community, with the exception of a few of the guys, and they know who I am talking about.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2006 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

I actually have the day off tomorrow. Do you think Archie would mind if I stopped in to check if they fit?

Bring it on over, I have a extra set of my windows that are not in a car & it will be real easy to document the differences.

Archie
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Man i really have a lot of respect for all of you guys,...spider, Joshua, Dl10, and Archie, but i would really like to get back to the subject (the thread) at hand and not into a pissing contest.

Like i said i personally consider all of you guys supertalented and friends, but i would really appreciate this battle being fought elsewhere.

Hope i did not offend anyone. I just see a good thread going down the tubes.

Thanks

Tony
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post
Hey Spider!

Sorry to hear you have an issue with Archie. I'm not standing up for him. He did a good job on my car. If he hadn't I'd be the first to say otherwise.

I don't know you - and therefore don't have a bad opinion of you. Anyone who can do his own "Chop" is doing great in my eyes. As for offering free info - good for you.

I agree with some of what your post said - but email is a terrible medium for communication. Too easy to read things between the lines (I can only speak for myself) depending on my mood and propensity for patience!

I also agree with others that this thread has wavered somewhat - maybe I added to it a little - anyway - time for a group hug and "Bring on the pics of the CHOPS!!"

------------------

PFF
System Bot
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

He dropped the car off at my shop on Friday. The way I understand it, he searched the Internet for some instructions. He found some instructions, started to follow those instructions. Then he realized he was in trouble when the guy sold the car right after partially completing the chop. Almost like he got rid of it so he didn't have to deal with finishing it right.

Come on guys Please this has flip flopped again and has gotten of the main issue and for some reason the main issue has been forgotten the problem is that Archie made a statement here in this thread the one up above that I and others think was meant to be me if so I challenged him on it as most would if this is not meant to be me and it is someone else that put instructions on how to chop a Fiero and then actually said they sold their car to because they did not want to finish it then there is no problem here I will apologize and that is that. There are many accusations here flying around about me and if you want I will be happy to go through each one; one at a time after this is cleared up so please if Archie did not lie then it is simple were did the info come from (very easy to say) how was the guy that did it? (Very easy again this will be in the build thread) and last were is a picture of the unfinished car that was sold? (Again the build thread should show this) This is all I ask a Statement was made so if it was true back it up.
One more thing do not just put a window up against a plastic window Archie gives you to settle this that is not the right way to do it. If I can get permission from Loyed because the car is at his shop and the owner I will drive to Fast Fieros and put a set of windows in the Archie Chop that is there and we will see if they fit. Remember there is a lot of adjustment in the tracks and that is the only way to really see if they fit. The windows need to be installed not stuck up against a piece of plastic that is not the correct way to do it. Look at what escaladed from me putting a template up against my window I no it was right but because the picture moved as I took it they run with it . Here is a picture of it up against it inside the house and shows a lot more but no one uses this picture because it shows the truth.

OK see how easy it is to get unfocused I did so before we continue lets please just see who the person was in Archie’s statement that is all I ask is it true or a lie????
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
My apologies to Tony. I've not posted to this thread in an effort to try to get it back on topic. I apologize to Tony because evidently this has got to continue for just a little longer.

One more thing do not just put a window up against a plastic window Archie gives you to settle this that is not the right way to do it. If I can get permission from Loyed because the car is at his shop and the owner I will drive to Fast Fieros and put a set of windows in the Archie Chop that is there and we will see if they fit. Remember there is a lot of adjustment in the tracks and that is the only way to really see if they fit. The windows need to be installed not stuck up against a piece of plastic that is not the correct way to do it. Look at what escaladed from me putting a template up against my window I no it was right but because the picture moved as I took it they run with it . Here is a picture of it up against it inside the house and shows a lot more but no one uses this picture because it shows the truth.

Looks like someone is posturing because he know that the truth about fitment is about to come out.

I originally stated that windows designed for a 4" chop top will not fit my chops. Not only will the curvature be wrong but the contour will be wrong around the window.

Remember that Mike had originally said that the windows would fit to a "Nat's A$$". I had said that they wouldn't.

But Mike finds that he has a problem today. A set of his "Nat's A$$" windows will be here in the next few hours. He thinks that we are just going to compare them to a set of windows I have laying around & he's already posturing to keep from being proven to be a liar when he said they would "fit to a Nat's A$$".

And with the permission of Josh, we will trial fit them into my chop top #19 (or #21 can't remember what number it is) We will see if they fit to a "Nat's A$$".

I suppose that if a person adjusted the window tracks enough even flat windows could be made to fit but then you'd have a flat area as the window goes up the side of the car, like Mike had on his car.

Archie
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
Archie you are flip flopping again please just tell the truth and stop trying to make me out to be the bad one. I do admit natt a$$ is to perfect I am wrong for that but they were so close I am from TEXAS and we use a lot of slang I was very exited because I new many would benefit from them so please excuse me for being happy others could be helped. If they will work I expect you to apologize and admit you were wrong. This really does not matter because there are only a couple of sets left any way and as I have said I will not make anymore so your argument here is not worth but we all will admit they need to be put in a car and I think me doing it with a other people to see it is best I trust others but to be honest we all know I do not trust you that is why I would rather not have you involved I think most here would understand why. but please get back on track and just answer my question from the start of this and stop taking the spot light off yourself and just answer was the statement true if so who and what thread did he go by that is it. Maybe he will let us know I admire him for trying and if he is a stand up guy he will let us know who you were talking about. You seem to avoid the issue so if the owner of the car will let us know then it is over either I apologize for assuming or you do for lying. Then we can all get back to the good things and live with the truth.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Archie you are flip flopping again please just tell the truth and stop trying to make me out to be the bad one. I do admit natt a$$ is to perfect I am wrong for that but they were so close I am from TEXAS and we use a lot of slang I was very exited because I new many would benefit from them so please excuse me for being happy others could be helped. If they will work I expect you to apologize and admit you were wrong. This really does not matter because there are only a couple of sets left any way and as I have said I will not make anymore so your argument here is not worth but we all will admit they need to be put in a car and I think me doing it with a other people to see it is best I trust others but to be honest we all know I do not trust you that is why I would rather not have you involved I think most here would understand why. but please get back on track and just answer my question from the start of this and stop taking the spot light off yourself and just answer was the statement true if so who and what thread did he go by that is it. Maybe he will let us know I admire him for trying and if he is a stand up guy he will let us know who you were talking about. You seem to avoid the issue so if the owner of the car will let us know then it is over either I apologize for assuming or you do for lying. Then we can all get back to the good things and live with the truth.

So I take this to mean that you can't find the quote where I stated that I was going to give glass windows to my customers for retrofitting.

That would also mean that everytime you've called me a liar in this thread, it was actually you that was lying about what I had said.

AS for what instructions Chris used, he'll have to tell you which ones he used. He couldn't tell me who's instructions he used when he was here. There are at least 2 other people who've posted pics of chops they were doing. But after looking at what he had done & comparing that to the cutting you did on your car https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/066331.html they do appear very similar. If the shoe fits, wear it.

AS far as wether the windows fit one of my chops, They Don't period. joshua & I got along just fine when he was here. During our visit he told me all of the modifiations he had to do to make them his chop (I think he said his is chopped 2"). He had to do a lot more modifications than I had thought. From cutting out the door beams, moving tracks to trimming & moving the seals around with washers behind the seal channels, he had to do a lot more to make them fit a 2" chop than I had thought.

The thing that really surprised me was that, on his window, it has EVEN LESS curve to it than the stock Fiero side window. So you would have to raise the top on a "Bubble Top" car 2 or 3 inches before the window would meet the seal without doing all the modifications inside the door.

Now since you don't trust me, I'll let joshua post the pictures we took & give you his report. WE took about 35 pictures & tried fitting the windows about every way we could think of. I copied all the pictures we took onto a C/D & gave it to him.

You have already filled this thread with your name calling & your obsession with me to the point where Tony's thread has been ruined. You need to get yourself a life, grow up, stop calling people liars when you can't prove your statements. And quit crying all the time about what Archie did to you. Like DL10 said you have to give respect to get respect & you sir don't deserve my respect.

Hopefully joshua will post his report & pictures in another thread & let this one get back on topic.

This will be my last off topic post to this thread.

Tony, I apologize again for having to post this in your thread.

Archie

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post
on topic..
"Chop Top Dreamers ? How close ($) are you ?"

Well Tony I have to say very close. The chop is getting an Archie/Fie Ro interior re-do. The dream is in the final stages.

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
I got to see this car in person today. I expected it to be nice and I wasn't disappointed.
Custom88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom88Send a Private Message to Custom88Direct Link to This Post
Well I guess it's best said not to listen to anyone on the internet these days. A good while back some Old Fart told us the felt guides were welded in on these cars and couldn't be adjusted. So I figured when scratches were showing up on my side windows I was destined to keep them or try to replace the felt on teh guide without removing it. Boy was I suprised when I asked the parts counter guy if he knew if they had replacement felt for them and he brought me a bolt on bracket. Next when I started to check the old ones I found them to be bolted in with a full 1 1/2" slot of adjustment. Boy was that old fart wrong!
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Next when I started to check the old ones I found them to be bolted in with a full 1 1/2" slot of adjustment.

Have you actually tried to remove one yet? You will notice there is no way to get the thing out without cutting a hole in your door. Oh some say you can, but I don't believe it.

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/062004.html Let's move the trash talking here.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock