Started on: 04-27-2005 12:03 AM
Replies: 217
Last post by: Pete Matos on 08-31-2011 06:13 PM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Okay guys and gals, this Car belongs to PFF member joshua riedl of Watertown, Wisconson.

Joshua has tackled the job of cooking up his own Home brew chop top ! I will let the masses decide what kind of a job he has done,..but if you ask me it looks pretty damn good for a home brew !

Not bad,....not bad at all.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-27-2005).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MiZer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 211
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MiZerSend a Private Message to MiZerDirect Link to This Post
nope, dont like it.. he should give it to me.. =p

from the pictures, i think it was well done.

------------------

1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
I agree, that chop makes that notchie absolutely gorgeous to me...
Silicoan86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Direct Link to This Post
That looks sweet!! Looks like a red version of the stinger!
Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post
Looks a lot different from the time I saw it in person. Looking good. I almost didn't look so I'd be more surprised at the dells when I see it there.

------------------

88red4cyl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88red4cylSend a Private Message to 88red4cylDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silicoan86:

Looks like a red version of the stinger!

That's exactly what I thought when I saw it! That notchie is gorgeous though...

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Just a couple more,...

Chop tops make a fiero so hot it is ridiculous !

Congratulations Joshua,....the hardest parts may come when you have to come up with some glass or lexan for the windows and rework the interior trim pieces.

fieromadman

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
Josh,

As always you do amazing work. Looking forward to seeing it all together! Dells is comming up soon, but who knows, maybe I'll see you before then!

By the way, here is a short list of whats done to that car.
Choped top
Viper red paint
3.4 DOHC w/ getrag
18" wheels with 245 rear 215 front
interior dyed black (Havent seen that completed yet)
WCF big brake upgrade
Poly everything
1" lowering ball joints on front and slightly cut springs in front
front battery box
WCF spintek muffler with dual resonator tips

I think that just about rounds off all the major things done to it. its a beautiful car and Josh's skills are amazing.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Can you believe in the other thread he was worried about some negative comments he heard from some family members and or people he encountered ??!!??

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/051104.html

Josh they have absolutely no clue !!!! None, nada.

That car looks great !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-27-2005).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Woooo another notchie chop top. Good to see he chose to stay with it because they are just less common when it comes to the chop tops.
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post
AWESOME JOSH !
Do you have the door plexiglass installed?
Can you describe the cuts and welds or post some close up pics?
Would love for you to write a whole story about this. I hope to do the same to mine.
Looks GREAT!

------------------

87 notchback 4.9L swap in progress
Custom LED Notchback Tail Lights

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
It looks good. A chop is the single most attractive thing you can do to a fiero....other than a V8, or a stretch, or a ...

------------------

1988 GT (Firebird Interior),1988 Fastback (4.9 Chop-top #1 of 1), 1984 Indy...Firebird Interior Installation Website

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
Very Nice Job!!

Welcome to the club!!

------------------

Choptytopped WideBody GT 1 of 1
4.9L-V8-Auto---almost finished

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 04:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanDirect Link to This Post
Good job, looks great

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
86 GT, 3.4 Camaro engine,
choptop # 1 in Europe/Sweden

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 04-28-2005).]

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 04:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

Spectacular work my boy!!!

GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHERDirect Link to This Post
WOW !! Nice job. Any pics of where you made your cuts and welds.
red GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for red GTSend a Private Message to red GTDirect Link to This Post
Anyone who works on their own car or makes an attemp is OK in my book and the job Joshua has done looks really good from the pictures, can't wait to see it completed...

------------------
8T6 GT

NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIERODirect Link to This Post
go notchie go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SaLvAgEd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaLvAgEdSend a Private Message to SaLvAgEdDirect Link to This Post
whoa... how'd ya do that? Please share!
sonic50

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
Look nice man, Good work!!!

------------------

88gt build up! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/047402.html

http://www.iamanascarfan.com/

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
MORE, MORE, MORE!!!
PFF
System Bot
LITEDAZE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LITEDAZESend a Private Message to LITEDAZEDirect Link to This Post
damn that looks nice! i need a leg chop so i can do this
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
thanks for all the complements. i do have some other progress pictures but they aren't on disk. i can have them put on disk and see if exocticse still wants to post them. i have more pictures now. those were taken over a week ago. all the panels are on but i can't say that about the bolts that are supposed to hold them in place. those i'll email to exoticse so it won't be snail mail. the truth is that in some respects it doesn't look as good in person. if you noticed that some of the pictures it has a sunroof and some are a hard top. what happened was the roof was broken at the painters and he glassed it back together. lesson learned don't ever do this. that is why i had weights and tape on the car to bend the panels into place. i left it in the sun to see if it would soften up and it did, but not in a good way. so making lemonade from lemons i decided to make it a hard top while i fixed the pillar alignment to avoid the hastle of the sunroof glass. the hard panel i had for the sunroof flexed too much and wouldn't seal. well a full weekend of filling and sanding and monday it went back to paint. another lesson learned don't rush your body work. the roof looks like a fat lady's ass but i have no one to blame but myself. i also have a couple cracks already. i removed the rear clip probably 10 times by myself and although i knew the repair was thin in spots i figured it would be ok, again i was wrong. this was my first attempt at body work and i did a good job until i started getting in a hurry trying to make the dells and it shows. again no one to blame but me. for the cuts i just took out two and a half inches from the rear, started grinding to lean the windshield back, cut some reliefs to bend the roof up and kept at it until i had the look i wanted. when it was done i had the pieces i cut out left over and they fit perfect on the sides for reinforcement. i'm not worried about frame ridgitity at all. exocticse, i'm going to send the new pictures to your email on your profile if this is not a good idea let me know.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Josh

Absolutely i will post the pics. However i need you to send them to a different email address,..so check your pm.

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
they are sent
Erik

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
Do I detect a 3.4 DOHC in the back or is that an optical illusion? If so it sure fits the character of the car

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited 04-27-2005).]

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
it is. it has a fastforwardperformance chip, underdrive pulley, cold air intake and spec stage 2/3 clutch.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Again, excellent job. What are you using for side glass?
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
right now i'm making templates out of aluminum to get the fit right then i'll copy them in lexan. i have been thinking about glass side windows but it's too late for me now. basically, the window seals are seperate from the frame so you can move them wherever you want and bolt them in and you could build up the front part pretty easily to fit the seal. what it really comes down to is you would have to find the side window first and chop it to fit. the fiero glass really isn't that far off. the curve is way off at the bottom but the shape isn't bad. a custom track would have to be made if there is even enough room to lean the glass in far enough but then your back to the window seals which can be adjusted. basically it wouldn't be easy but if you started with the glass first and made the car to fit i think it could be done. for me i'll just keep the templates and make new windows every once and a while. but then again i saved enough on the chop in a couple years i might spring for glass. there are custom limo places that do it, everything has it's price.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

More pics, all panels on.

Erik

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Looks like a Lotus
..Now I want to chop my Formula

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited 04-27-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Nice job!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2005 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Nice pics and chop. It's nice to see those who tackled this job and have back it up with pics.

------------------

Archie's Choptop conversion #11, #15, Redux & The Stealth

Will-Martin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2005 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Erik:
Looks like a Lotus
..Now I want to chop my Formula

See my latest post here and I know you will: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/043452-3.html

VERY nice work on the choptop by the way. I love how how your notchie looks chopped and that red just sets it off like no other. GREAT JOB!!

--Will

------------------

SaLvAgEd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2005 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaLvAgEdSend a Private Message to SaLvAgEdDirect Link to This Post
Could somebody photoshop a fastback clip on this? I'd like to see what a fastback-choptop-coupe looks like... I'll give ya a + for the effort!

Thanks,
Matt

[This message has been edited by SaLvAgEd (edited 04-28-2005).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2005 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Any post chop updates?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-04-2005).]

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2005 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
i figured people lost interest already. i have most of the trim installed and the rear quarter windows made, they came out really nice, i'm real happy with them. oh, i put my fiero ram air scoop on, that's at least 20hp. i'll probably do the windshield next payday and i haven't found a place to get the aluminum bent for the side windows. i have been curious about other chop top windows. archie's site says he uses 1/4 inch lexan, does anybody think it would be benificial to use 3/16 to try and cut down on the scratching? i'll try and get pictures tomorrow if it's sunny again. i didn't care for the last ones, the red is awsome in the sun. i installed longer swaybar bushings for the lowering balljoints also $20 at autozone if anyone is curious.

[This message has been edited by joshua riedl (edited 05-04-2005).]

sonic50

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2005 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
wow! that is sweet.

------------------

88gt build up! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/047402.html

http://www.iamanascarfan.com/

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2005 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
Nice!

------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2005 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by joshua riedl:

i figured people lost interest already.

No. It's chop'd, hot red, and with 18's. Enough said. Keep-us informed.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock