Joshua's Home Brew Chop Top !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-27-2005 12:03 AM
Replies: 217
Last post by: Pete Matos on 08-31-2011 06:13 PM
joshua riedl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2005 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieromadman:

Yeah James, and it has a DOHC too

Josh, looking good as usual. I see you turned it around in the driveway at some point in time.. getting some REAL mileage on it, ehh?

-Jeff

yeah, i turned it around to work on the doors. don't worry though, it'll be getting some mileage next spring when i put the smack down on your car.
IP: Logged
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2005 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
hmmm... seems to me every notchie chop top is coupe style nose... you never see chopped notchie w/aero nose,rear+sides... odd
but anyways NICE!! i love the rims.

------------------

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/050262.html "Ritalin"
http://bobadoofunk.deviantart.com/gallery/ <-- To See My Online Art Gallery

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2005 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
yeah, it came with the car and it kind of grew on me. 355spiders has the GT bumpers though.
smoothwhitese

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2005 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smoothwhiteseSend a Private Message to smoothwhiteseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by netpro55:

whose car is this

srat110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2005 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by smoothwhitese:

whose car is this

Man, I don't know, but that thing is sweet!

Joshua's really giving me the desire to chop mine. STOP THAT! I have too many other things to do to it. Car's looking good dude, keep us posted.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2005 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by smoothwhitese:

whose car is this

THat is a photoshop of an extreme chop some guy did.

THe car really exists, but the rims, the hood vent, the side vents, the nose, the window tint, paint, and the rims are all photoshopped.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 11-07-2005).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2005 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

THe car really exists ...

This is how the car actually appears:

fieromadman

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2005 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by joshua riedl:

yeah, i turned it around to work on the doors. don't worry though, it'll be getting some mileage next spring when i put the smack down on your car.

hmm.. thats funny, ahh well at least mine has a windsheild

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2005 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieromadman:

hmm.. thats funny, ahh well at least mine has a windsheild

yeah, but i have a 97 dohc fuel rail. we should trade. new rail for a used windshield, sounds good to me.
smoothwhitese

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2005 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smoothwhiteseSend a Private Message to smoothwhiteseDirect Link to This Post
josh yours looks great i dont have the balls yet to chop of the top on mine yet

that other one is a extreme chop how tall is the guy 3' 2 it looks like it was run over it looks good in the PS of it but thereal thing needs to be dropped and have a few other things done the chop is to extreme for the car to be stock the rest of the way around

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2005 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Anything new Josh ?

PFF
System Bot
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2005 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
not really. it's about -5* when i get off of work and maybe 15* at the warmest part of the day so all i do is go start it up once a week to keep the battery up. i did get the last of the interior pieces i needed from 86GT3.4DOHC so i re-glued the edges and painted them black. as soon as Dave Gunsel gets me the windshield he owes me all i have left is the carpet. i also have something to work out with the seats. i flattened the rails and cut the cross braces so the seat sits low but now either i screwed up the sliders or their is something hitting not alowing the seats to slide back all the way. it's just way to cold to go out and figure that one out. with the headliner in i still have about and inch and a half depending how i sit in the seat. i may bolt the seats right to the floor but the foam will need to be cut since it bows down to the floor already and i already drilled the holes for the seat tracks and don't care to drill more. i think i mentioned that i did the interior trim a while ago. the a-pillar just took some creative trimming and beveling at the bottom and the clips are strong enough to hold it in place. the b-pillar was slightly more difficult only because it creased when i bent it. i'll be watching 355spiders thread to see if he can do it without that hapening. so that's about it. mostly i'm just trying to stay warm.
Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2005 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post

as soon as Dave Gunsel gets me the windshield he owes me all i have left is the carpet.

Once you spell my name right and we get my engine in back of your truck so it can roll right through the windsheild and wreck the liner at the same time, we'll be all set.
Oh and in case Jeff reads this; 88 notchies are the best!

------------------

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2005 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dave Gunsul:

Once you spell my name right and we get my engine in back of your truck so it can roll right through the windsheild and wreck the liner at the same time, we'll be all set.

I hear ya on the 88 notchies. They rule.

Wish it was warmer up there, I really look forward to seeing this one get done!

--Will

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
i broke down and got some MrMike seats. i couldn't let Will Martin be the only one looking good. i'm not smart enough to post pictures but my name is on the website if anyone cares to look.
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

i broke down and got some MrMike seats. i couldn't let Will Martin be the only one looking good. i'm not smart enough to post pictures but my name is on the website if anyone cares to look.

Way cool, Grats Josh!

I love that style of leather seat. Your car is going to look so so sweet.

--Will

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
i'm just trying to keep up with you now.
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2006 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
i got my seats and carpet in today. no big surprises, they look as good as everybody says they do when they get MrMikes in the mail. i got black carpet which i'm not sure was the correct choice, charcoal would probably have been a better match. i have no problems with the quality though. i also took my rear window(lexan) to the local glass shop. they are getting me a piece of tempered safety glass for $140 dollars. that's the same amount i paid for the lexan. i'm getting a windshield tomorrow, so it looks like this thing might actually leave the driveway one of these days.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2006 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dave Gunsul:

This is true.

------------------
88 Coupe: Modded 4.9L V8 5 speed
86 SE: 3.4 DOHC 4 speed
http://www.geocities.com/fast88fiero

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2006 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Josh,

check your pm.

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2006 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
well, it happened. it finally left the driveway. i only went a couple blocks, but it felt good to be in the car again. the mrmikes seats turned out really well. i was worried about the colors but they match way better than i expected. the light grey center even makes the grey seatbelts look less stupid. it cost me $335 for the rear glass and installation for the front and rear. a new windshield would have obvioulsy added more to the cost. the front rotors rubbed, so i need to beat on the control arms some more. the engine ran strong. i was/am having a code 43 problem. i replaced the knock sensor and it has not returned yet. it was also quieter than i remember. i installed brown bread insulation, it seems to have worked. i need to weld in some seat braces and finish installing the insulation and carpet. hopefully the side windows will be here soon and then it's alignment time.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2006 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Congratulations Joshua,

Looking forward to more pics and more stories of success !

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2006 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post
WOOOOOT! Glad to hear man, it is one sharp ride! Keep posting progress pics man, it gets me pumped up!

--Will

Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2006 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post
I'll be over for the keys so I can take my test drive soon.
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2006 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
can you handle a car that doesn't stall every couple seconds?
Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2006 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post

Sure I can, although, i'm not sure I could keep myself from trying to go answer the door with all that knocking you got going on.
Seriously though, i am glad you got it out and the window done. You've done a lot of work on that thing and it's gonna be great to have it going this summer after all that. Also; even though i'm no fan of leather, those seats really looked nice when we came over and looked at them. I can;t wait to see the interior all done.

[This message has been edited by Dave Gunsul (edited 02-08-2006).]

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2006 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
i pulled the front wheels off today. i feel bad because i gave bad advise in previous threads about using lowering balljoints with 12 inch rotors. basically i said they cured the rubbing and that is not the case. my passenger side rotor is pretty messed up and the driver side has a few scratches. i'm more worried about the passenger side. i bent the lip a little more and ground one corner where it may or may not be rubbing on a turn. at this point i am going to run it and see if it's fixed. if not i will need to either go back to stock rotors or install regular balljoints. i really don't want to do either. i've gotten used to the stance the way it is and i don't want tiny rotors behind my rims. roll with the punches i guess.
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2006 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

This is true.

Heh.. thats funny, BRING IT PUNK!! At least I can find parts for my car.

Ouch... at least mine doesnt get all retarded when it thinks somethings knocking.

Besides, if you didnt have an 88 I bet that the 12" rotors and lowering ball joints would work. I dont think that you would have to whack your suspension and stuff 400 times with a hammer if you had that 84-87 suspension. Plus you could run adjustable coil overs and tubular control arms.

Anyhow, maybe I'll bring my camera over this weekend and snap some pictures cuz I cant believe that this car actually has a windsheild and rear window and interior again. When are you going to get the paint re-done again?

------------------

--180* t-stat, (cam degrees) 1.5 degree intake advance and 5 degree exhaust retard, ported lower intake, FFP pulley, A/C Idler, flowmaster exhaust, EGR delete, K&N filter, chip-- --Check out the Fiero Kingdom!--

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2006 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
we'll do a 0-100-0 run and see who wins. and i only had to hit the control arms so many times because my hammer was too small. i drove it again today down to my uncles shop, about 2 blocks away, and warmed up the tires. i don't think the 245's are going to be enough.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2006 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
I guess you need me to get them side window to you now. I'm glad to see the car back on the road and you went with the Mr. Mike seats they are sweet.
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2006 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
yeah, i could use them. it's pretty cold to be driving with no windows.
PFF
System Bot
Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2006 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post

yeah, i could use them. it's pretty cold to be driving with no windows.

Be a man there Sally.

fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2006 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post

we'll do a 0-100-0 run and see who wins.

Ok, let me put on my grand am brakes and I'll get some porterfield pads then we'll see.

In honesty though Im a tad bit jealous of your huuuge brakes. Now if you engine just had the balls to use all of their potential

.....and warmed up the tires. i don't think the 245's are going to be enough.

Damn you musta been doing one he!! of a burnout to warm the tires up in these temps! I'm thinking that I'll need some larger tires too, but remember that your tires are probalbly much better for the summer and it was kinda snowing out today, so they should be a tad better than what you experianced today.
I'll see you tomorrow.

------------------

--180* t-stat, (cam degrees) 1.5 degree intake advance and 5 degree exhaust retard, ported lower intake, FFP pulley, A/C Idler, flowmaster exhaust, EGR delete, K&N filter, chip-- --Check out the Fiero Kingdom!--

fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2006 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I got some new pictures of Josh's Fiero with the windsheild and rear window installed etc.

OOOoooOOO, Viper red!!!

Still needs the paint redone on the roof but from what I understand its all ready to go for the paint.

I spy with my little eye Dave Gunsul!!!

Nice 18" wheels and 245 rubber!

More on next post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2006 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
I like this pic

Why not paint the A-piller and sun-roof area black?

------------------
Archie's Choptop conversion #11, #15, Redux & # 20

fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2006 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
Has some rake to it, really has a nice appearance!

Mr mikes leather seats:

Black headliner and carpet to match, and he also sound deadened everything....

New tinted rear window:

two 3.4 DOHC cars together in harmony...

And yes, it does run, quite well I may add..

Thats it for now. Too bad about that exhaust Josh ;-)

fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2006 04:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post

fieromadman

2217 posts
Member since Jan 2003
got bored tonight, made you a sig....

What can I say, I was sick of you not having one.. if you need help getting it to work we can do it sometime when you are 'ova here. I photoshopped your car so it has no mirrors and its painted in it too lol.

Edit: did another version of it, still not very happy, i dunno, maybe I'll re-do it sometime... heres the other one..

[This message has been edited by fieromadman (edited 02-13-2006).]

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2006 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Why not paint the A-piller and sun-roof area black?

i have thought about it. i've seen one car on the forum like that and it looks really nice. thanks for posting the pictures jeff.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2006 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Josh,

Buddy that car looks fantastic ! I have chosen to change my notchback choptop to a GT fastback, but looking at your car made me pause for a second,... hehehe.

You did a really, really good job with the chop. Extremely impressed.

Keep plugging away.

P.S. What kind of paint did you use to paint the interior ? That looks really sharp.

------------------

1985SE chopped and dropped/ V-8 Archie Choptop #4
1986GT
1986 coupe 2M4

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 02-13-2006).]

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2006 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
i bought the interior dye/paint at autozone. i just cleaned it real good with acetone and sprayed away. the hard plastic parts were krylon fusion. thanks for the complements.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock