Started on: 04-27-2005 12:03 AM
Replies: 217
Last post by: Pete Matos on 08-31-2011 06:13 PM
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2005 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SaLvAgEd:

Could somebody photoshop a fastback clip on this? I'd like to see what a fastback-choptop-coupe looks like... I'll give ya a + for the effort!

Thanks,
Matt

hey Matt ..motor first

IP: Logged
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2005 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Josh is your car going to be at the Dells ?

Will it be finished or still under construction ??

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2005 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
i'm trying to make it to the dells. i just need a windshield and i can drive it but i also need a new roof over the garage. the tie rod ends are out on the eclipse also and that's what gets me to work at 40mpg. it's always something. i did get some pictures taken today so i'll get them sent, the background is probably going to start getting old, it will drive again someday.
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2005 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Looks like the Stinger's got a new sibling (even the style of the wheels are similar). Very cool - and amazing that you did it yourself.

Originally posted by joshua riedl:

i figured people lost interest already...

Give yourself some more credit than that! Between the forum's general love of build threads, choptops, and motor swaps - I don't see how anyone could lose interest. Heck, do you recall of the length of the Stinger's build up thread? https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20050410-1-013402.html

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2005 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Not a chance, keep them updates commin'!
SaLvAgEd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2005 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaLvAgEdSend a Private Message to SaLvAgEdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Erik:
hey Matt ..motor first

oh, alright....

[This message has been edited by SaLvAgEd (edited 05-05-2005).]

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2005 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
i sent exoticse some more pictures. i got some close ups of the cracks and the brakes. i took took some of them farther away to try and give a better perception of what it looks like compared to the surroundings but they might be too far away.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2005 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

i sent exoticse some more pictures. i got some close ups of the cracks and the brakes. i took took some of them farther away to try and give a better perception of what it looks like compared to the surroundings but they might be too far away.

Rims/brakes

Da cracks

far away

Some interesting things that Josh shared with me,....he thinks Archie's price of $4,000 is actually pretty low, and is definatly a good price for all the work involved.

He also said that while the job is doable on your own, it is most definatly a looooooot of work.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 05-06-2005).]

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2005 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
just in case anyone is following this i thought i would give an update. i guess it's not really an update because i am going to rework a few things and pretty much forget about the dells this year. the roof is just too wavy, you can see it in the picture of the quarter window, and with the other cracks i just can't deal with it. i pushed it too fast and i got burned. next will be stripping the roof again to smooth it and fix the other cracks. it won't require a complete paint job since it's all the roof and driver side rear clip. the front end is still too high. with lowering ball joints and cut springs i think i should be at least an inch lower. the only thing i can think of is the bushings are binding, plus i know how rusty the front end is and since the back is all new and upgraded i am going to do the bushings and control arm bolts up front, slowly get the interior back together and if all goes well it will all be done by this winter and the spare 3.4 dohc in the back of my garage will be getting some serious attention. so that's the deal. i probably shouldn't have shared pictures in the first place because now i'm officially one of those never ending guys but i know if i keep pushing this project i'm just going to end up hating it. maybe next year. thank you to all those who liked the car and screw you who don't, just kidding, later.
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2005 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post
Josh,

I am really glad you did share the pictures in the first place. MAN your car looks so good. Keep up the good work and once you get those little things fixed, it will be just about perfect. That red is way hot.

SNAP!

netpro55

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post05-09-2005 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for netpro55Click Here to visit netpro55's HomePageSend a Private Message to netpro55Direct Link to This Post
Make it look like this one. lol your car is so sweet.

[This message has been edited by netpro55 (edited 05-09-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2005 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post
Bump for progress.
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2005 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
pretty much negative progress so far. i ground out some cracks and stripped the roof. it still needs blending and filling but i am already happy i did it over. i look back now and wonder why i just didn't do it right the first time. maybe i'll get some of the older pictures put on disk to keep the interest up but the current progress isn't much to write about.
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2005 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

...i look back now and wonder why i just didn't do it right the first time.

That's how many of us learn! I re-glassed most of the bodywork on my GT a couple of times - and it's still not "perfect" (but it looks damn good, especially considering I did it myself!)

Keep up the good work - are you going to make it to the Dells Run?

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2005 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
i'm still debating just throwing in a windshield after i fix the roof. it definately won't be painted by then. the problem is i've been throwing a lot of money into this thing and have been neglecting things i shouldn't, like my daily driver. i think i'm still under 7grand for the whole project and will probably be less than $10,000 finished in case anyone was curious or wanted more reason to try this on their own. i bought the car for $2200, spent $1000 at WCF, $1200 on paint, $900 rims/tires, $1000 fierostore(probably),$300 for calipers from autozone and calipersonline. i'm sure i left out some small things but that's most of it.
Tabs31

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2005 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tabs31Send a Private Message to Tabs31Direct Link to This Post
Beautiful job. I think it looks great!

------------------

"I feel the need........"

HellYes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2005 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HellYesSend a Private Message to HellYesDirect Link to This Post
It definitely needs a bumperpad nose.
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2005 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post
Bump for an Update! hehe
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2005 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
well i got my roof over the garage replaced. i had to remove two layers of shingles and replace a few sheets of plywood before the fiberboard went down with rubber on top of that. it took 3 days in 100 degree weather. it's funny how people always offer to help until the day comes to actually get to work. both my bravada and the eclipse broke down in the same week so i took advantage of the GM employee discount and got a 2005 colorado regular cab Z71 with the auto and 5 cylinder. i like it so far. it only gets 22mpg though. i also got the roof on the fiero smoothed out and am making arrangements for a windshield. my fastforwardperformance chip ate itself so i got a new computer and chip from another forum member. along with a new ignition module the car runs great now. i'm working part time in the mornings along with my regular job to keep the ends meeting soo i'm pretty busy. probably not the update people were looking for but there are canadians out there holding their breath to see a home made chop top get finished so i figured i better give some update. the fact of the matter is i am busier than 90 percent of you out there popping off at the mouth and i get more than a little irritated at some of the comments i read by people who talk more than they work. a few of you guys are really cool, Will and Exoticse specifically, i thank you for your interest. but a lot of you aren't, so this is my last update.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2005 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

...... the fact of the matter is i am busier than 90 percent of you out there popping off at the mouth and i get more than a little irritated at some of the comments i read by people who talk more than they work. a few of you guys are really cool, Will and Exoticse specifically, i thank you for your interest. but a lot of you aren't, so this is my last update.

Well I'm surprised to see you withdraw. I've read thru this thread twice & I didn't see all that many negative comments. You can believe me that I'm an expert on reading negative comments, so I'd know.

Archie

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2005 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Well I'm surprised to see you withdraw. I've read thru this thread twice & I didn't see all that many negative comments.

Sorry, but I have to agree with Archie on this one... no need to remove yourself - we all love to see build up progress & updates (even if there is a time delay). Please do continue with your updates (whenever they become available) - and just ignore those who annoy!

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2005 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I love chop tops, both Archie and home-built. You have my support. But no matter what you do to your car, there are going to be some people that don't like it. It's your car just ignore them. Please keep us up to date.
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2005 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/048579-2.html this is what i was refering to but it isn't the only one. besides at this point it's a money thing. i'm getting a used windshield so that's covered but i still need carpet, insulation and side windows. plus a few interior pieces that aren't necessary and the roof painted. not to mention i'm an idiot when it comes to posting pictures. i heard there is a car show in illinois sometime in september, maybe i'll make that one.
MilleniumFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2005 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MilleniumFieroSend a Private Message to MilleniumFieroDirect Link to This Post
if your an idiot at posting pictures I suggest getting a www.photobucket.com it's free and it does all the picture posting code for you!!

------------------
prowling the pacific...

87 GT - V8 - 5 Speed

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2005 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Joshua,

Thanks for the compliment, but i have to concur with some of the others,....there are jerks all over this world so no matter where you go, you will run into them.

You have a fantastic thread and project going, don't let a couple knuckleheads bring you down. Trust me you have a lot more people in your corner rooting for you than those out there taking shots.

Keep up the good work and hang in there buddy.

P.S. You know i am always willing to help you post pictures any time you need, just ask.

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2005 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/048579-2.html this is what i was refering to but it isn't the only one. besides at this point it's a money thing. i'm getting a used windshield so that's covered but i still need carpet, insulation and side windows. plus a few interior pieces that aren't necessary and the roof painted. not to mention i'm an idiot when it comes to posting pictures. i heard there is a car show in illinois sometime in september, maybe i'll make that one.

Ok, so I read that page you linked to.

So what is this quote all about?

i can think of one in particular that was "finished" by archie, been through 3 owners now and the interior is still multiple colors.

I can't think of a car we built that we didn't do exactly the amount of work the customer asked for. So technically none of them are "Finished" when they leave here. So which car are you talking about?

Archie

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2005 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Some choptops have just a little too much "look it is really chopped!" look imho....but this one really looks natural with the right proportions so I say you did a great job !! Also please keep the body as clean as it is, it doesnt need wings and whatever.....thanks for sharing
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2005 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
Archie, i appologize if that was taken as an insult. i prefer not to say which car i was talking about because i didn't want it to be taken as a personal attack. someone spouted off about how home made chops don't get finished so i came back with the professionally done chops don't get finished. personally, it's a hobby for me and i don't care much if mine ever gets finished, although i do miss driving it. don't get too mad at me Archie, i still need to buy your rocker panels.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2005 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
Please post pictures of the cuts and when and were. The car looks great but some of use would like to see the tec part of it. It is hard to get the cut and weld pictures for some reason.
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2005 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
Hey, if you want another 3.4TDC. Id be willing to swap a full install for a chop top - paint
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2005 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
i don't think i'll be getting into the chop top buisness, sorry. you were looking for a spoiler though right? i have one of those for you.
PFF
System Bot
intlcutlass

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2005 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for intlcutlassSend a Private Message to intlcutlassDirect Link to This Post
Josh...

I just wanted to say that it appears you have done a GREAT job with that car. It looks perfect, and you have every right to take pride in work like that. I would LOVE to see more pics (when you get around to it) , and keep up the good work!

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2005 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
I always wanted to see a red notchie chop
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2005 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2005 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

http://topimagehost.com/uploads/1113_.jpg just trying this out.

Man Joshua, that is definately a sweet car! Any more pics of it? Did you get the cracks out?

--Will

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2005 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
http://topimagehost.com/uploads/1114_.jpg i did get the cracks sorted out a while ago. these are pretty old pictures. i've been putsing around getting the mechanicals and interior straightened out. got the headliner done, tail lights tinted and installed. pretty much all the cheap stuff, trying to watch the cash flow so i can afford side windows.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2005 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
The car looks awesome!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2005 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Sweeeeeeeeeet !

Glad to see you are still working on your project !

fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2005 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
Yeah James, and it has a DOHC too

Josh, looking good as usual. I see you turned it around in the driveway at some point in time.. getting some REAL mileage on it, ehh?

-Jeff

------------------

--180* t-stat, 1.5 degree intake cam advance and 5 degree exhaust cam retard, ported lower intake, FFP pulley, A/C Idler, complete custom flowmaster exhaust, EGR delete, K&N filter, custom chip--

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2005 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanDirect Link to This Post
great work

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
86 GT, 3.4 Camaro engine,
choptop # 1 in Europe/Sweden

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors