Started on: 04-27-2005 12:03 AM
Replies: 217
Last post by: Pete Matos on 08-31-2011 06:13 PM
fieromadman

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2006 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
Went over to his house yesterday and snapped some more pictures. He got all of the windows installed the interior is just in need of the seat rails being put in and the rest of the trim installed I believe. As far as the exterior goes I think hes basically in need of having those body panels re-painted and then its ready to go after being reassembled. The side windows fit real good. They roll down fine but getting them back up requires openeing the doors. I guess its not a huge deal, its just the the curve fo the glass is so extreme that its a little off int eh track. He needs to cut down the gaskets a little more and try greasing the track and maybe they will even go up and down on their own without opening the door. At any rate there is no gaps in the seal and they align really nice when up. When they are down they are just like the stock windows, with a little bit of the glass protruding the dew wipe seals. I was kinda suprised to see that actually because they are shorter I figured they would tuck all of the way down in there. Anyhow heres the pictures...

one more on next post...

IP: Logged
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2006 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post

fieromadman

2217 posts
Member since Jan 2003
Last pictures, just an overall shot of the car in sunlights for once!

I got to ride in the chopper too, it definatly is a nice car. Just need to get those brakes figured out! Hopefully we'll be seeing him at some shows this year!

-Jeff

------------------

--180* t-stat, (cam degrees) 1.5 degree intake advance and 5 degree exhaust retard, ported lower intake, FFP pulley, A/C Idler, flowmaster exhaust, EGR delete, K&N filter, chip-- --Check out the Fiero Kingdom!--

exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2006 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Good Stuff !

Congratulations.

proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2006 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post
WE CAN'T DO SOMTING LIKE THIS
COST TOO MUCH IN ENGINEERING INSPECTIONS
COST LIKE $1800

------------------
Allen
Australia
86 gold SE
85 red SE

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2006 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieromadman:
Last pictures, just an overall shot of the car in sunlights for once!

I got to ride in the chopper too, it definatly is a nice car. Just need to get those brakes figured out! Hopefully we'll be seeing him at some shows this year!

-Jeff

Man Josh, that is one sexy lookin car and those windows set it off! If red did not fade so bad in the Texas sun, I would paint mine red in a heartbeat. Your car looks like it is going 100 MPH just sitting there and SERIOUSLY makes me want to get my chop top car finished. Keep up the great work man!

--Will

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2006 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Bumping for any updates ?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2006 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Update !

Josh is swapping out the engine and redoing the angles on the front pillars !
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2006 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
I didn't even see this got bumped up. The angle of the side glass being off from the windshield angle bugged me so I decided to lean the windshield back some more. I got a roof off of a junkyard fiero I'll use for the new roof panel and I cut out some of the metal pieces to use for reinforcement over my cuts. It's all clamped up and cleaned up now. I'll get it welded up this weekend. I had an issue with the TDC so I decided to go 3400. It's got the same torque with about 20 less hp. A better exhaust might help even out some of the loss, I'm also hoping for better mileage. The weight difference must be significant because the rear end is way up now. even with cut springs I think people will accuse me of lifting the car. I can fit my whole hand in the rear wheel gap where I used to have 3 fingers. The 3400 is also a really easy fit in the engine bay. For those who don't like the crowded look of the TDC I strongly recommend the 3400. Plus they are cheap and abundant. I paid $500 for a 2002 engine with 18,000 miles. That's less than my 05' colorado already.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2006 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Josh how is the project coming ??
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2006 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, seriously, any updates on your bad ass machine Josh?

--Will
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2006 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
I got the chop re-work done a while ago. I just finished installing the new interior harness and re-assembling the interior. The 3400 is in and the car is rolling. The wiring is done but I still need the computer. I'm waiting on the A/C idler right now. It's supposed to be here early october. I couldn't keep the A/C due to the BCM sends a signal to the PCM for request. I'm not wiring in a BCM just for that so no A/C for me. I played with the window seals some more. Basically I moved the front part of the frame in as far as it would go and moved the rear of the frame out as far as it would go. I trimmed out some more rubber on the vertical part of the seal and the windows fit perfect now. They sealed up fine before but didn't look quite right. Now you can't even tell they aren't stock. It's tricky because the front of the windows hit the rubber first when closing the door and pushes the door glass out. It's good because it seals nice on the front but the rear was pushing out too far. Anyway, it's perfect now so I'm happy. I'll try and send some pics to exoticse. That's pretty much it. I'm waiting now, like usual. Once the idler comes in I can get the belt on. fill the coolant and plug in the computer and see how it runs.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by joshua riedl:

I got the chop re-work done a while ago. I just finished installing the new interior harness and re-assembling the interior. The 3400 is in and the car is rolling. The wiring is done but I still need the computer. I'm waiting on the A/C idler right now. It's supposed to be here early october. I couldn't keep the A/C due to the BCM sends a signal to the PCM for request. I'm not wiring in a BCM just for that so no A/C for me. I played with the window seals some more. Basically I moved the front part of the frame in as far as it would go and moved the rear of the frame out as far as it would go. I trimmed out some more rubber on the vertical part of the seal and the windows fit perfect now. They sealed up fine before but didn't look quite right. Now you can't even tell they aren't stock. It's tricky because the front of the windows hit the rubber first when closing the door and pushes the door glass out. It's good because it seals nice on the front but the rear was pushing out too far. Anyway, it's perfect now so I'm happy. I'll try and send some pics to exoticse. That's pretty much it. I'm waiting now, like usual. Once the idler comes in I can get the belt on. fill the coolant and plug in the computer and see how it runs.

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 04:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

MAN, your car just gets me excited about mine!
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2006 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
Josh,

Looking good. Its been too long since I saw that beast. Anyhow, my phone broke a couple months back and I lost like all of my numbers. Give me a call sometime and we can chat about how your cars comming along. I sitll got the same number in case your wondering. Talk to you later man!

-Jeff

------------------

--180* t-stat, (cam degrees) 1.5 degree intake advance and 5 degree exhaust retard, ported lower intake, FFP pulley, A/C Idler, flowmaster exhaust, EGR delete, K&N filter, chip-- --Check out the Fiero Kingdom!--

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2006 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

MAN, your car just gets me excited about mine!

DItto !!

------------------

1985SE chopped and dropped/ V-8 Archie Choptop #4
1986GT
1986 coupe 2M4

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2006 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
I would be excited if my bank account would allow me to finish this thing up. I saw a photo shop of my car in exoticse's thread now I'm thinking about Archie's rocker panels again. Any chance on trading a set of glass windows for the rockers Archie? I'm on call this weekend Jeff so maybe next week.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2006 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by joshua riedl:

I would be excited if my bank account would allow me to finish this thing up. I saw a photo shop of my car in exoticse's thread now I'm thinking about Archie's rocker panels again.

Hmmm,....was it this one ?

Or this one ?

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2006 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
I like the top one. I was thinking with Archie's rockers it would be close enough.
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2006 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
I wonder who did those photoshops... hehehe. One of my favorite fieros, I couldn't resist.

Don't do archies IRM's! Don't do it! *sorry archie* but the coupe thing MAKES the car. I love it. How much do your wheels / tires stick out past the wells?
dmancheno

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2006 05:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dmanchenoSend a Private Message to dmanchenoDirect Link to This Post
Wow.... ok I'm sold on the Notchback! Nice rockers, duck tail, etc...

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2006 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
The rims/tires don't really stick out. The fronts are obviously out farther than the rear so I staggared the tire size to help even out the look. I have 215's front and 245's in the rear. If anything, a small wheel spacer in the rear would be nice but it doesn't bother me the way it is.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2006 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Bump
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2007 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Bump to keep it alive.

Josh anything new ??
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2007 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
Right now he's waiting on the ECU for the new engine he put in. It looks great though!
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
I actually had it on the road again for about a week. The Anti-theft system is a disaster. Alvin at PCMFORLESS has two computers now that I should have back by the end of the week and then it's a trip to the paint shop for a touch up. For what it's worth, the 3400 is super quiet compared to the 3.4 tdc. The power difference isn't that noticeable between the two. The power is more consistant in the 3400. It pulls at any rpm where the TDC throws you in the seat around 3500 rpm's. It's a different feeling for sure between the two, but stock for stock I don't expect much difference. Even with the stock computer throwing at least 12 codes the car never stalled. I wired it to think it's in drive all the time. The only real driveability issue I had was it not wanting to start when hot. I'm pretty excited to get the computer back and finish this thing up. I cleaned the rocker switches and got the windows working better. They stop about 1/4 inch from the top with the door closed. I have a couple ideas to get them working perfect before the dells. I scored some early trim panes from the junkyard and got them bent into place. They came out pretty nice. I'll post again when it's up and running.
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2007 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
Heres some more pictures. Yes its finally on the road again, hopefully for good. The paint was redone and all the issues with the ECM are taken care of. The gas door and sail panels have been put on since these pictures. He literally stopped over with it right after the paint and I snapped these pics.

This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view.

------------------

--180* t-stat, cams, 96-97 intake swap, FFP pulley, A/C Idler, flowmaster exhaust, EGR delete, K&N filter, chip--
--Check out the Fiero Kingdom!--
Beater: Flat black 90 CRX with a JDM D15 VTEC <--ballin'!

Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2007 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post
Are you bringing it down to the Dells this weekend?
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2007 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
I'll probably stop in to look at the cars but I didn't enter the show.
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
bump for someone who wanted to see some 245's mounted on a 7.5 inch rim.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post08-06-2007 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Heres some more pictures. Yes its finally on the road again, hopefully for good. The paint was redone and all the issues with the ECM are taken care of. The gas door and sail panels have been put on since these pictures. He literally stopped over with it right after the paint and I snapped these pics.

Wow, makes a dihard fastback fan want a notchback to play with.. Too bad i never asked the guy about the formula in his drive around the corner. It sat there 5 years, never moved once... it disappeared this weekend.

fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2007 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
Now thats a sexy looking car.
PFF
System Bot
dcfox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2007 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcfoxSend a Private Message to dcfoxDirect Link to This Post

Now thats a sexy looking car.

If I remember right...it is/was for sale.
If I was closer and had the cash...it would be mine now.

------------------
--David

Black '86 GT-under construction
Silver '87 GT-daily driver

fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2007 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
I know it was but he took it off the market because there was no real interest.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2007 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Joshua, anything new ??
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2007 03:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
He sold that car... he plans on working on a new fiero project. I'll let him tell you guys more if he wants.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2007 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

He sold that car... he plans on working on a new fiero project. I'll let him tell you guys more if he wants.

Yeah i heard he was working on another chopper, but it was rusted out or something.

Apparently he found another donor ?

Who purchased the red choptop ?
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2007 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
I believe it was a relative of his, either that or someone local, I kinda forgot. I was too busy being in shock from hearing that he actually sold it. Yeah that Fiero chassis that he was going to chop next fell through due to rust. Haven't heard if he found anything else yet. If he did I'll have to check it out while Im back home!
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2007 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
I was just about to start a thread for the new car and saw this got bumped again. The old car went to my brother inlaw. I wasn't really planning on another chop top anytime soon but he wants to go to some shows next year and he talked me into doing another one. He gave me an 86 coupe that didn't work out too well, but i did get a lot of useful parts off of it so it wasn't a total waste. I then located an 88 coupe, automatic with a blown transmission line for $400. Apparently it has some kind of performance head on it, I didn't really care when he told me because I figured he was misled somewhere but it did have a focoa sticker on the window so there may be something to that. The metal work is almost done on the 88, I just have some more reinforcements to do but it is together and I'll be doing bodywork next week. So far this one is almost an inch taller than the last one but I removed more out of the center so the windshield is lowered more than the last one. I'm going to go a little fancy'er this time around with a custom hood air vent and Archies rocker panels. I'm also thinking about glass quarter windows to give it a nicer look. I'll look if I still have exoticse's email and send the pictures I do have.
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2007 05:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
Josh,

I'll definatly have to stop out to see what you're up to. I still havent done anything with my car. Got the new chip but been too busy with finals, christmas, and working on my dads cars to get aroudn to it. Plus this weather sucks! Call you later in the week maybe!

-Jeff
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2008 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Josh sent me some new pics, i will try to post them tonight !
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock