My windows in an Archie Chop by F355spider
Started on: 04-28-2009 07:23 PM
Replies: 199
Last post by: jscott1 on 09-21-2010 07:28 PM
Philero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2009 05:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhileroSend a Private Message to PhileroDirect Link to This Post
BTW, Up yours Mstangs for making me read through all 4 pages again to make sure I didn't miss something. You are such a TOOL... and here is PROOF.

Originally posted by F355spider:

I thought I would post the pictures JScott and I took of fitting my windows to JScotts chop top

Hmm, looks like he is claiming they are his windows here!

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

av8, the chop those windows were made for was done "similar enough" to archie's way.

Ok, these windows were MADE according to DIY.... so who the hell made them? According to F355, he did so far.

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Once Will's car is back in his hands them I am willing to bet this issue will be resolved along with another issue the car has. Then there will be some many shaking there heads.

Hey TOOL.... Still waiting....

But this topic is not about the windows in his silver chop--It is about his windows fitting in an Archie chop. Let's stick to the subject and not change it like you normally do.

ROFL, you missed the point completely!! Archie did not want to see photos of a window being held up to a car....anyone can do that! What he wanted was F355's "perfect" looking photos that awed everyone (the silver chop) at the angle Archie requested (3 times mind you). This is primarily what this whole contest has been about... yet YOU were the instigator in saying he was bitching about something that was ....to you ... considered non-relative. Wow, I THINK YOU MISSED THE BUS ON THAT ONE!

So what happens if the Rodney Booth windows end up not fitting either without modification to the track? Everyone going to put them in storage and wait for the next go around?

I would think that at about chop #2 that glass windows of some sort would have been applied and the chop would have been built around them. But I guess that was to hard to figure out and apply for some.

LAWL... so you are calling your beloved F355 an idiot for not creating the perfect glass replacement for his chops exactly after #2 also? Here is your foot, here is your mouth... insert foot in mouth please.

All in all, I believe a lot of this contest has been created by you. If Archie's (and all the other legitimate people's) request for a photo of a specific angle would have been appeased, you would not have had nearly as large of a chance to make such an ass of yourself. The worst part IMO is that you make F355 look bad. All in all, he is just trying to make a good product. Shame on him for not supplying the people interested with proof by way of photo... but it has really been you that has made your master look bad.

Bad tool....BAD!

------------------
Phil
Always trying to create something new!
'88 SE
'84 SE
'87 GT Extreme body mod and 2.8L Turbo Propane powered (in the garage and getting closer to being completed)

IP: Logged
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2009 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post
mike or any of your buddies if you could please post a pic of your glass window installed, rolled up, and door closed at an angle from the front of a chopped car that shows how the window fits next to the 1/4 glass that would be great.

also i know your chop is wider in the back so i would assume your chop doesn't lean in as much as my car, and possibly archies chops. is that correct? and when you do your chops do you take some of the curve out of the b-pillar to fit your glass?

the way my chop, and i think the way archies chop is done [have to check with archie to verify his chops are done similarly] the roof is not widened in the back. most of the curve change required to get the windows to work and fit as they do in a factory car require more curve, especially at the bottom of the glass. if there is not enough curve in the glass, especially near the bottom, the glass would have to be tucked in a little near the bottom to compensate for the lack of more curve.

anyways i'd still like to see that picture of mikes car from that angle showing how the glass fits and works in his own chop. please post it. also if you have any pics of that same angle of mike's glass in anyone else's chop i'd like to see that as well.

thanks for your time, chris

------------------
88blackchopv8

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 05-08-2009).]

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2009 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
I didn't widen my roof and I used mikes windows. Come roll them up and down yourself and take all the pictures from all the angles you want.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2009 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Philero:

The word I said was "VIDEO" Pronunciation: \ˈvi-dē-ˌō\ : a recording of a motion picture or television program for playing through a television set "or computer". (I added the last bit in quotations, trivial as it may be, but M-W is a little out of date. If you want to challenge that... fine, epic loss on your part)
Why not end this all and show it in a video (Merriam-Webster definition provided above)? I am not trying to be an ass here, but really... if it works like you all state it does, end all controversy and show us a video of the product installed. Roll it from full recessed position to the full up position whilst the door is open and closed. This should only take about 30-60 seconds of time, easy to render and post, and no skin off you d1ck. Please, for the love of what ever you believe in, just post a video proving it works!

Phil... it doesn't have the door open part... but Stu did post a video on page 3.
Is there something else you were looking for?

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2009 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

blakeinspace

5923 posts
Member since Dec 2001

LAWL... so you are calling your beloved F355 an idiot for not creating the perfect glass replacement for his chops exactly after #2 also? Here is your foot, here is your mouth... insert foot in mouth please.

Man... I hope you don't think I am trolling you!... I'm not.

To my knowledge, everything Mike has chopped has had glass. Even his custom Ranger.

I think what Mstangs was saying that... in his opinion... is that Archie should have had glass from chop #2 on.
Of course it was not worded that tactfully, but I think that is what he is getting at.

I've made this point in random conversation with him and a few others... it doesn't matter what Archie uses. Cardboard to transparent aluminum... the customer knows exactly what they are getting with an Archie chop. They paid for and get vaccuumed formed acrylic and all the pros and cons that come with that material... so what's the big deal? They know exactly what they are getting before hand.

The feeling I get is that no matter what some vendors do... there will always be someone there to hate on it for whatever reason. If it comes from Mike... it will never be good enough for some people... if it comes from Archie... it will never be good enough for others. You can never win.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2009 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

blakeinspace

5923 posts
Member since Dec 2001

Originally posted by av8fiero:

mike or any of your buddies if you could please post a pic of your glass window installed, rolled up, and door closed at an angle from the front of a chopped car that shows how the window fits next to the 1/4 glass that would be great.

Chris... I do not have a shot of what you requested, but I did browse through pics already posted of mikes car... and I found this:

Until Mike decides to post other photos, maybe you can just zoom or something? He seemed pretty dis-interested in having to prove his work... but that is ME deducing that... not speaking for him.
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2009 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

I really hope you are not talking about my comments since I am no reseller, or a manufacturer. If you are talking about F355 and Archie, then I would hope you would see if from Archie's perspective.... this is involving his reputation to a degree. Even though the product that F355 is in no way associated with Archie, it has his label all over it (according to this post). Any negative words associated with it can be misconstrued as his product flaw, which would be in no way his fault! Unfortunately, some people skip from page one to page (whatever) and get the wrong idea.

Trust me, I am a true believer in Archie. Anyone who answers his own business phone and is the owner gets Kudos in my book. But don't think that I am a flimsy consumer, I spend my money very frugally and do my research before purchasing anything. This is where I am having a problem with F355's product. Not that I am going to purchase this anytime in my near future, but I would hate to see someone spend their hard earned cash on a product that is misrepresented. All these people have asked for is a picture showing an angle they want so as to curb their curiosity about a specific gap. Why would any reputable person deny that? Has he not been given enough time? In my books, the answer is: "more than enough".

In addition, I would never create a post that shows a product that I am willing to sell (especially for a high price) without providing the adequate photos to back up my product. AND IF I WAS CONFRONTED, I WOULD NEVER HESITATE TO PROVIDE PROOF REQUIRED WHEN REQUESTED.... that is, of course, if I could....which does not seem to be the case so far.

I might eat my words later if F355 can provide proof thereof, but he will still get questioned in my book for waiting so long to provide something that literally takes moments to provide. That, I would imagine, would reflect how his customer service would be if I ever needed it.

Then if you believe all this why are you here worried like the others trying to bash me? If Archie is so great and his work is so superior to mine why are you so afraid the truth is going to happen? Why not sit back and laugh about it. Why come to all my threads one by one and try to trash my product, and me? If you are so sure of yourself or Archie? I have nothing to prove to someone trying to start trouble and will ignore that type of behavior. This is not about me posting one more picture than the hundreds of pictures that are on the web or even the videos like the one in this thread of the operation of my window or the people that have seen in person like Jscott. I have a lot of pictures of Archie’s chops and some other cars but do I post them and point out all the mistakes or the bad work? No I do not. Yes these are windows I designed and are made for me like all people have done. Just like the windows Rodney had designed and gave to Archie for him to sell for his chops. It is about the hate Archie will not let go of. I welcome your opinions and I am a believer of free speech you have said your peace and I respect that so I will assume for you to continue this is not just posting an opinion but fear of the truth or me for some reason. I like how I am accused of so much. I must really be good for you guys to want to try so hard to get rid of me. I want to thank you for the compliments in a round about way.
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2009 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2009 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

BTW, Up yours Mstangs for making me read through all 4 pages again to make sure I didn't miss something. You are such a TOOL... and here is PROOF.

All in all, I believe a lot of this contest has been created by you. If Archie's (and all the other legitimate people's) request for a photo of a specific angle would have been appeased, you would not have had nearly as large of a chance to make such an ass of yourself. The worst part IMO is that you make F355 look bad. All in all, he is just trying to make a good product. Shame on him for not supplying the people interested with proof by way of photo... but it has really been you that has made your master look bad.

Bad tool....BAD!

I didn't waste my time reading your responce being your opinion means nothing to me. So no reason to keep giving long winded responces--Thanks You and Have a Great Day!!!
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2009 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

MstangsBware

11509 posts
Member since Mar 2002

What else do you want posted--I have seen pictures, videos, eye witness, ect posted of the window area around the 1/4 glass. I am sure if you wanna make the trip down to Tx to see first hand then we can put you up in a place to say and show you a good Tx time while you are down.

From the 2 chop tops I have seem in person from Archee with the plastic windows. F355s glass windows fit 99% better hands down and do not start to bow out leaving gaps inbetween the window/seal and you don't have to train the windows to fit the door(having to hold the window in while closing it).

If you don't want F355 windows then buy Rodney's windows when they are finally produced and offered. Just hope after $650 and Archee saying they will fit that they do.

86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2009 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post

Then if you believe all this why are you here worried like the others trying to bash me? If Archie is so great and his work is so superior to mine why are you so afraid the truth is going to happen? Why not sit back and laugh about it. Why come to all my threads one by one and try to trash my product, and me? If you are so sure of yourself or Archie? I have nothing to prove to someone trying to start trouble and will ignore that type of behavior. This is not about me posting one more picture than the hundreds of pictures that are on the web or even the videos like the one in this thread of the operation of my window or the people that have seen in person like Jscott. I have a lot of pictures of Archie’s chops and some other cars but do I post them and point out all the mistakes or the bad work? No I do not. Yes these are windows I designed and are made for me like all people have done. Just like the windows Rodney had designed and gave to Archie for him to sell for his chops. It is about the hate Archie will not let go of. I welcome your opinions and I am a believer of free speech you have said your peace and I respect that so I will assume for you to continue this is not just posting an opinion but fear of the truth or me for some reason. I like how I am accused of so much. I must really be good for you guys to want to try so hard to get rid of me. I want to thank you for the compliments in a round about way.

That was nice and fairly civilized. Thank you. I think this is heading in a better direction.
PFF
System Bot
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2009 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Chris... I do not have a shot of what you requested, but I did browse through pics already posted of mikes car... and I found this:

Until Mike decides to post other photos, maybe you can just zoom or something? He seemed pretty dis-interested in having to prove his work... but that is ME deducing that... not speaking for him.

thanks blake for posting that picture. that is the angle i want to see, but it's a little far away for me to see what i'm looking for. if i zoom in on that picture i think it will be too grainy for me to make any judgements on how it fits. i will say that it doesn't look bad on mikes chop, but i have no idea how it will look and fit on my car as the roof is narrower on my chop. if anyone has a closer shot from that angle it would be helpful.

What else do you want posted--I have seen pictures, videos, eye witness, ect posted of the window area around the 1/4 glass. I am sure if you wanna make the trip down to Tx to see first hand then we can put you up in a place to say and show you a good Tx time while you are down.

From the 2 chop tops I have seem in person from Archee with the plastic windows. F355s glass windows fit 99% better hands down and do not start to bow out leaving gaps inbetween the window/seal and you don't have to train the windows to fit the door(having to hold the window in while closing it).

If you don't want F355 windows then buy Rodney's windows when they are finally produced and offered. Just hope after $650 and Archee saying they will fit that they do.

mstangs, i've asked nothing but simple questions in a polite way about mike's glass and chop, and all i've gotten is all kinds of attitude and a pic edited by stu that shows nothing. i really don't care what you guys think about archie. show me the damn pic of what i asked for. it's not that hard.

mike, if you want to sell your glass your buddies aren't helping you. they make it seem like you/they are trying to hide something. i'm thinking you consider yourself a standup guy, if you're trying to sell your glass and/or chops all this bashing and trashing by your buddies in my opinion is hurting your bussiness. i've asked for a pic of your glass showing how it fits to the 1/4 glass with the door closed in your car. i've also asked a couple of questions about how you do your chop. i've gotten no answers from you or your buddies. i would think you would want to showcase your work, but all i've been getting is stonewalled.

joshua is the only person here who has even offered to show me how your windows fit in his car, which isn't even your chop. i would think you would want to show off your craftsmanship in the best possible light. what better way to do that than to show your windows from the angle i'm asking for in your own chop? i would think that this would be a great way and make it easier for you to gain customers if the windows fit as well as you say they do in you own chop.

until then what do you expect me to believe? i have to assume something is wrong or you're hiding something. help me out, post the pic, and answer the questions i asked about your chop.

------------------
88blackchopv8

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 05-08-2009).]

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2009 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

mstangs, i've asked nothing but simple questions in a polite way about mike's glass and chop, and all i've gotten is all kinds of attitude and a pic edited by stu that shows nothing. i really don't care what you guys think about archie. show me the damn pic of what i asked for. it's not that hard.

mike, if you want to sell your glass your buddies aren't helping you. they make it seem like you/they are trying to hide something. i'm thinking you consider yourself a standup guy, if you're trying to sell your glass and/or chops all this bashing and trashing by your buddies in my opinion is hurting your bussiness. i've asked for a pic of your glass showing how it fits to the 1/4 glass with the door closed in your car. i've also asked a couple of questions about how you do your chop. i've gotten no answers from you or your buddies. i would think you would want to showcase your work, but all i've been getting is stonewalled.

joshua is the only person here who has even offered to show me how your windows fit in his car, which isn't even your chop. i would think you would want to show off your craftsmanship in the best possible light. what better way to do that than to show your windows from the angle i'm asking for in your own chop? i would think that this would be a great way and make it easier for you to gain customers if the windows fit as well as you say they do in you own chop.

until then what do you expect me to believe? i have to assume something is wrong or you're hiding something. help me out, post the pic, and answer the questions i asked about your chop.

Here lies the twenty dollar question, if so why are you wanting the same exact picture Archie was wanting? You even accused it of not being a chop top once when posted half way again that is a compliment I will take, must be it looks as good or better than OEM. I could post it but if I do what will you have to complain about next. Notice how fast the picture of my window laying on top of the OEM one was dropped? Once I post this picture I will not have you guys to keep this thread on page one.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2009 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
Normally I refuse to post in these types of threads because they are just a waste of keystrokes...

Marketing 101... unless your target market is to be a lower cost knock-off, all effort should be made to "diferentiate your product" from your competition.

I have 2 sets of F355spider's windows from the original run 3+ years ago in the basement (one set is mine the other belongs to a friend).

F355spider,
The reason I purchased them was when the day came to chop my fiero, I wanted glass windows in the right general shape that the fiero could be chopped to. At the time they were the only true glass option and once they were ran (if it was my niche market), I would have put all effort into standardizing and publicizing the the standardized chop method to match only these windows and ignored the opportunity to adapt them to the Archie chops. If someone wanted to have me install them into an Archie chop, then by all means it would have been a good R&D exercise and fully documented just stating the facts (no opinions or downplaying the competition - just very unprofesional), but the likelihood of them being an "acceptable fit" would strictly be pure chance and the individual expecations of what an "acceptable fit" is. Then that whole "windows fit an Archie Chop" would be a dead issue and the people who feel they are an acceptable solution based on a fully documented install of them listing all the pros, cons and mods needed would buy them and the others who want a "more acceptable fit" will look elsewhere.

Archie's chops are completed with a standardized process and his run of glass windows should fit his previous and future chops very well. Archie's main marketing point for his chops is his standardized process so the customer can look, sit, feel and drive any Archie Chop and know what they will be getting. Until someone else achieves this level of standardization, Archie will never have any true competition in the Chop market no matter if you have DOT approved glass windows or not.

You already have your Glass Windows, so focus on standardization of the chop process (with detailed documentation and pics of any and every angle) and make your chops stand on their own w/o any association or cross fit to an Archie Chop.

Just my $0.02 and some wasted keystrokes...

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 05-09-2009).]

slinger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2009 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slingerSend a Private Message to slingerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

snip

Perfect
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2009 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post
thanks everyone for their time, chris

------------------
88blackchopv8

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2009 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
The days are counting down. I will be mailing a set off soon then when they arive I will fly there and install them in the car
av8fiero I am glad to see you saw the truth.
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2009 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
I don't get it. After all that he buys a set sight unseen even after I told him I had an extra set we could see if they fit his car? After countless offers to come and look at my car and work the windows himself and he refuses? Constantly demanding pictures but not wanting to come take them himself? I know he will be happy with the windows. I know I am but like I said, I just don't get it.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2009 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by joshua riedl:

I don't get it. After all that he buys a set sight unseen even after I told him I had an extra set we could see if they fit his car? After countless offers to come and look at my car and work the windows himself and he refuses? Constantly demanding pictures but not wanting to come take them himself? I know he will be happy with the windows. I know I am but like I said, I just don't get it.

Sorry, the set is not for him (av8fiero) I was just letting all know he was satisfied after seeing the picture he wanted to see. The windows are actualy going in an Archie Chop Top

[This message has been edited by F355spider (edited 06-05-2009).]

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2009 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Hey Texas 5...

You're such a photo tease.

Have a nice trip... and take lots of pics
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2009 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
Oops, that would make more sense. Sorry for the outburst. I'm sure the other owner will be happy as well.
PFF
System Bot
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2009 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Any updates?
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2009 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post

Sorry, the set is not for him (av8fiero) I was just letting all know he was satisfied after seeing the picture he wanted to see. The windows are actualy going in an Archie Chop Top

Mike / F355spider,

You are incorrect in your assertion that i was satisfied with your glass. It is true that one of your friends [NOT YOU!] showed me the pic of what I asked for and I appreciated him showing it to me. In return for him showing me said pic I told him I would not comment on your glass anymore.

I kept my word, I am really disappointed that you brought me back into this discussion. I am also disappointed you made an attempt to misconstrue my words. I told your friend who showed me the pic I wanted to see that I hoped to have a beer with him and the rest of your group somewhere down the road, but now I don't wish to share one with you. Now you're just a waste of time to me. I had no issues with you one way or another, unfortunately now I do. You are hurting yourself and your business with all of your misrepresentations and trashing. At some point I would still like to have that beer with your friend who showed me that pic, he's a standup guy. Unlike you I can trust him and his word.

Frankly, I would think that anyone with enough skills to chop a car could really care less about what door mods would have to be made for an acceptable fit but for me even with the glass installed by you or your friends it was unacceptable to me. I pointed out to him in a very polite way what I didn't like about the fitment and he also noticed my area of concern and agreed with me that it wasn't perfect. It is possible most people wouldn't care about what concerned me, but for my car it was just not good enough for me. Your glass may fit your chops better as they are done differently than mine and Archies, but from the pic I was shown they will not fit mine or Archies chop well enough to satisfy me.

I have Archies v8 kit in my car and have been to his shop and have seen a good bit of his work. While I don't necessarily agree with everything Archie says or does,[I'm sure no one agrees with everything somoene else says or does, unless they're a total suck up] for the most part I do like the way he builds his stuff and the products he offers. Those are the reasons I bought and paid for in full Archie/Rodneys glass sight unseen and am willing to wait for it because I know it will be right.

When I last emailed your, and hopefully someday, my friend, I wished you and your friends well in your dealings and projects. You may have the best products in the world to offer but I will never buy anything from you. You are a petulant, petty, untrustworthy individual in my eyes. If you want to grow your business this is certainly not the way to do it. Grow up and promote your stuff in a positive way, you'll get much farther in your endeavours.

Joshua your car looks great as I finally was able to get down to see it. I hope you understand my disappointment with Mike/F355spider, I don't like untrustworthy people. When my car gets further along I will bring it down to show you my progress.

------------------
88blackchopv8

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2009 04:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Mike / F355spider,

You are incorrect in your assertion that i was satisfied with your glass. It is true that one of your friends [NOT YOU!] showed me the pic of what I asked for and I appreciated him showing it to me. In return for him showing me said pic I told him I would not comment on your glass anymore.

I kept my word, I am really disappointed that you brought me back into this discussion. I am also disappointed you made an attempt to misconstrue my words. I told your friend who showed me the pic I wanted to see that I hoped to have a beer with him and the rest of your group somewhere down the road, but now I don't wish to share one with you. Now you're just a waste of time to me. I had no issues with you one way or another, unfortunately now I do. You are hurting yourself and your business with all of your misrepresentations and trashing. At some point I would still like to have that beer with your friend who showed me that pic, he's a standup guy. Unlike you I can trust him and his word.

Frankly, I would think that anyone with enough skills to chop a car could really care less about what door mods would have to be made for an acceptable fit but for me even with the glass installed by you or your friends it was unacceptable to me. I pointed out to him in a very polite way what I didn't like about the fitment and he also noticed my area of concern and agreed with me that it wasn't perfect. It is possible most people wouldn't care about what concerned me, but for my car it was just not good enough for me. Your glass may fit your chops better as they are done differently than mine and Archies, but from the pic I was shown they will not fit mine or Archies chop well enough to satisfy me.

I have Archies v8 kit in my car and have been to his shop and have seen a good bit of his work. While I don't necessarily agree with everything Archie says or does,[I'm sure no one agrees with everything somoene else says or does, unless they're a total suck up] for the most part I do like the way he builds his stuff and the products he offers. Those are the reasons I bought and paid for in full Archie/Rodneys glass sight unseen and am willing to wait for it because I know it will be right.

When I last emailed your, and hopefully someday, my friend, I wished you and your friends well in your dealings and projects. You may have the best products in the world to offer but I will never buy anything from you. You are a petulant, petty, untrustworthy individual in my eyes. If you want to grow your business this is certainly not the way to do it. Grow up and promote your stuff in a positive way, you'll get much farther in your endeavours.

Joshua your car looks great as I finally was able to get down to see it. I hope you understand my disappointment with Mike/F355spider, I don't like untrustworthy people. When my car gets further along I will bring it down to show you my progress.

How are those Archie glass windows fitting?

av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2009 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post

I have Archies v8 kit in my car and have been to his shop and have seen a good bit of his work. While I don't necessarily agree with everything Archie says or does,[I'm sure no one agrees with everything somoene else says or does, unless they're a total suck up] for the most part I do like the way he builds his stuff and the products he offers. Those are the reasons I bought and paid for in full Archie/Rodneys glass sight unseen and am willing to wait for it because I know it will be right

you're right i don't have the glass yet, had you read and comprehended my previous post you would know this. i highlighted above the paragraph from that post pertaining to archies glass. i should have them in approximately 6 weeks. i'll let you know when i get them. i'll post lots of unedited pics of the installation and fitment of these windows in my car for all to see once i have them. i'm willing to wait for something that works and fits properly, if you or anyone else with a 3 inch choptop can't wait, and you're willing to settle for the fitment issues, mike has glass available now. give him a call and order yourself a set.

------------------
88blackchopv8

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2009 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Mike / F355spider,

You are incorrect in your assertion that i was satisfied with your glass.

If you want to grow your business this is certainly not the way to do it.

Please I said you were satisfied with the picture you were sent. You know the same exact one Archie was ranting about, I have nothing to prove to the people that are out to trash me or my work that is why I would not play your game. People that want my help or need to see pictures for real questions I always respond. If you read what I wrote you would see that. I have no plans to grow a business from Fieros I have said this for years, My day job is my main income and cars are my extra cash so all of these attempts to trash me are nonsense. I do what I do to help people have choices not to profit from them.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2009 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
how about a bump and blast from the past...? (or an angst from the past...)

Note...! The following video IS NOT an Archie top. Just a nicely done chop with glass windows.

If anyone browses this thread again, they might find the video useful. Also, it rained ALL day before and after the event... the window seals did not leak.

Thank you JScott for uploading the video.

(DISCLAIMER): this is not a bash, or slam, or told you so. the car is not an Archie car. the windows are not Archie windows. names have been changed to protect the innocent (well, not really). No animals were harmed by in the making of this video.

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2009 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Those windows suck, they don't seal, they stick out way to far, they don't match the 1/4 window------NOT!!!!!!!!!!

Damn car is damn near perfect in every way and turns head no matter where it goes. And it is the one and only ALL GLASS CHOPTOP!!!!!!

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2009 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post

Mikes car looks great and his windows look great......they would be illegal where I live......no dark tint allowed. I'm still wating for pictures of this though

The days are counting down. I will be mailing a set off soon then when they arive I will fly there and install them in the car
av8fiero I am glad to see you saw the truth.
that post was made in June..
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2009 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post
Mike, your windows look very good in your chop. They look like they fit your chop very well. You did an excellent job fitting your windows to your chop. Do you have a similar video of the windows you just sold to fit into that archie choptop you spoke of? I would be interested in seeing that as the glass angles on my car are similar to the glass angles of an archie chop.

Thanks for your time, Chris

------------------
88blackchopv8

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 10-16-2009).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2009 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Mike, your windows look very good in your chop. They look like they fit your chop very well. You did an excellent job fitting your windows to your chop. Do you have a similar video of the windows you just sold to fit into that archie choptop you spoke of? I would be interested in seeing that as the glass angles on my car are similar to the glass angles of an archie chop.

Thanks for your time, Chris

If that certain some one in Houston would just let Mike have his car for the day then this would all be in the past. Mike is even closer to Houston now so the drive would be shorter. Then he could say he is the Second ALL GLASS CHOP TOP!!!!!!!
PFF
System Bot
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2009 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post

If that certain some one in Houston would just let Mike have his car for the day then this would all be in the past. Mike is even closer to Houston now so the drive would be shorter. Then he could say he is the Second ALL GLASS CHOP TOP!!!!!!!

I think it would be like #5 or higher......you keep calling this the only all glass choptop.......what about the mutt...what about the 2 cars Joshua r built?? I think there may be others remember he did sell 15 sets of windows
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2009 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

I think it would be like #5 or higher......you keep calling this the only all glass choptop.......what about the mutt...what about the 2 cars Joshua r built?? I think there may be others remember he did sell 15 sets of windows

You are right--I forgot all about the MUTT(RIP where ever you are). There where 15 sets sold but many are still sitting in closets collecting dust I am sure. Joshua R. cars I haven't seen much about in some time or I am just not reading the right Thread.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2009 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

If that certain some one in Houston would just let Mike have his car for the day then this would all be in the past. Mike is even closer to Houston now so the drive would be shorter.

Mike's car is beautiful and the glass fits as near to perfect as I can tell.

A certain chop top in Houston will get glass windows one way or the other.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2009 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Joshua R. cars I haven't seen much about in some time or I am just not reading the right Thread.

you're missing out... they look great. I believe they are 2" chops. I might can actually fit in one of those.

go halfway down... they are hawt.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/076135-2.html

He has both the orange and green, both were at the Dells this year.

Here'a a build up thread: (windows are glass)
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/051348-4.html

edit--- to add links

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 10-18-2009).]

av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2009 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post

Damn car is damn near perfect in every way and turns head no matter where it goes. And it is the one and only ALL GLASS CHOPTOP!!!!!!

Not for long, Archie has GLASS!

Originally posted by Archie:
I just got home from picking up the windows.

700+ miles in 13 hours...... I'll unload the crates tomorrow.

The plan here is to install the windows into 4 or 5 Chops we already have here & develop some video instructions to go with them.

That process will start tomorrow morning.

I also have to figure out the best way to ship them. I have to figure out wether to build wooden crates or buy appropriately sized cardboard boxes & what packing material will keep the windows safe.

I had ordered 25 sets, they only successfully completed 20 sets. A total of 19 sets are spoken for. So we can't afford to have any broken in shipment.

Shipping costs were not included in the initial pricing because I had no weight or sizing for the containers they will ship in & it's hard to quote shipping without that info..

I can & will ship them to the people who want me to, but it's going to take a few days to get it all figured out here.

Anyone on the list who wants to pick them up here is more than welcome to & they'll also save some packing & shipping costs.

I'll have more info in just a couple of days.

Archie

------------------
88blackchopv8

Kilofox13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kilofox13Send a Private Message to Kilofox13Direct Link to This Post
Wow! I just stumbled on this thread, and was amazed at how much drama centered around the Chop I now own. I'm not sure if there any relevance now, being as this is an old topic, but I am willing to take any pictures from any angle for ya'll. I can attest that the windows work great. I have no idea how they'd be in an archie chop, or anyother chop, but in my car, they are as good as any other windows I've ever had in any other car. They fit and operate just as one would expect of a new car off the lot.

I've seen several pictures of chops that Archie has done, and each and every one is beautiful. I own the silver chop that Mike built, and in my opinion, it too is beautiful. Both gentlemen do outstanding work, and I'm proud to drive my chop around. (though it does get aggrevating at times, answering all the questions people ask about it!)

Seriously everyone, Mike is a hell of a nice guy. I hate to see anyone getting trashed for any reason. His workmanship is top notch. I'd recommend him to anyone. The car I got from him is a masterpiece, much like Archies chop tops. I guess in my personal opinion, there's just no need for all the animosity and anger. Think how much better out community could be if everyone could see the positives in both sides. Better yet, put both sides together, and have one unified team, that worked together to make better products for the entire community.

Just my $.02
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kilofox13:

Wow! I just stumbled on this thread, and was amazed at how much drama centered around the Chop I now own. I'm not sure if there any relevance now, being as this is an old topic, but I am willing to take any pictures from any angle for ya'll. I can attest that the windows work great. I have no idea how they'd be in an archie chop, or anyother chop, but in my car, they are as good as any other windows I've ever had in any other car. They fit and operate just as one would expect of a new car off the lot.

what would this forum be without drama?

I've seen several pictures of chops that Archie has done, and each and every one is beautiful. I own the silver chop that Mike built, and in my opinion, it too is beautiful. Both gentlemen do outstanding work, and I'm proud to drive my chop around. (though it does get aggrevating at times, answering all the questions people ask about it!)

Seriously everyone, Mike is a hell of a nice guy. I hate to see anyone getting trashed for any reason. His workmanship is top notch. I'd recommend him to anyone. The car I got from him is a masterpiece, much like Archies chop tops. I guess in my personal opinion, there's just no need for all the animosity and anger. Think how much better out community could be if everyone could see the positives in both sides. Better yet, put both sides together, and have one unified team, that worked together to make better products for the entire community.

Just my $.02

Amen Brother! It will never happen though. The trashing has been going towards Archie as well, but he doesn't need me to defend him. Check out most any choptop thread you can find and you'll see it. Mike and his friends in Texas may consider me an "Archie guy", but I really don't see it that way[My car is a homebrew chop] . Although I haven't met any of them, I've pm'ed a couple of them and they seem to be great guys. Look at the threads and determine for yourself who's bashing who.

Now there's $.04 cents to your point

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 09-21-2010).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Just my $.02

Congratulations on owning a very nice car, and welcome to the forum!

There are pictures of me on here admiring your car and walking around it from every angle and it is beautiful.

I don't understand all the drama, I own an Archie chop top and I too can admire Mike's work. I don't think the two things are mutually exclusive. I don't know if all the bad blood can be forgiven if not forgotten, but if you look at world politics today I think anything is possible.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

jscott1

21676 posts
Member since Dec 2001
Ps - Per the original premise of the thread, I now have both sets of glass (Archie's and Mike's) and haven't installed either one or even uncrated Archie's glass to compare them.

Maybe by next summer I'll be rolling with glass. I just don't have the time to mess with it right now.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock