Started on: 02-07-2006 01:38 PM
Replies: 392
Last post by: madcurl on 09-06-2009 01:02 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2007 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
12-days till party time and I own pg. 7

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-27-2007).]

IP: Logged
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2007 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Roll Call Gentleman.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2007 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:

Roll Call Gentleman.

GTGeff is coming I hope.

Archie

------------------

GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2007 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

I really want to come, but I am torn. That is why I am trying to get a head count.

1. I am having hot starting issues that I haven't had time or facilities to fully address. I am thinking starter solenoid issue. I will
need to make two gas stops along the way. 325 miles. Don't know if I can count on my 22 mpg.
2. I really haven't got anything done to the car since last year. Nothing new to show. (I did rebuild the headlights!)
Money is somewhat of an issue. Set aside money for repairs and paint keeps getting swallowed by emergency car repairs on
the daily vehicles and household. I have the equivalent of two kids in college.
3. I am not going to Fierorama on Sunday. If I do come, I will drive down Saturday morning and leave after the open house. That
equals 10 hours of drive time. I just did this on Saturday & Sunday to Chicago. I FEEL LIKE I AM GETTING TOO OLD FOR
THIS! I will have to make another trip to pick-up my new Quad Four.
4. My son (7th grader) just started cross country. He has his first offical in-state meet on Saturday meeting.
5. Hate to disappoint Curley. He has put some work into this get together.I have put together some Caddy & GM Emblems. Plus I
have DUB emblems for Troyboy.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2007 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

2. I really haven't got anything done to the car since last year. Nothing new to show. (I did rebuild the headlights!)

Many haven't seen the Stinger and the various items on the car especially the suicide doors. Besides, the Stinger is different than others due to it being a notchback and maybe there might be someone interested in a choptop notchback (wink, wink) using a widebody. Funny isn't it, that people are eyeballing the Stinger right under your nose, hehe. I hope you can make it at least to the CTHC/2 and fix the heating issues. Besides we need a complete 9-choptop photo opts...we forgot to do that last year.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2007 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
11-days till' the world "flattens" and the party begins and I ain't afraid of no Borg assimilate me, jeehehe

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-28-2007).]

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2007 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post
I will be there, I have no choice I need to pick up my car!
Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

CTHC-2: THE OFFICIAL LEGUE OF SUPER FRIENDS 2007 COUNT DOWN:

Is there a possibility of 18 Chop Tops? Sign-up and Sound off!

A. CHOPTOP VETRANS: (in no particular order)
I. DL10/ "GBCT."......................checked-in 4/26
II. V8Archie/#021
III. GMGW3
IV. GTGeff/”The Stinger.”
V. Jim88GT/#010
VI. Dr. CPU
VII. R. Booth’s “Side Winder.”
VIII. Jscott1/#014...........................checked-in using the word, "might" 4/26
IX. Madcurl/”Arch Rival” (#020)......checked-in 4/26
X. Dowdian/”Sharona (#016)
XI. Will-Martin/#019
XII. Exoticse/#004........................checked-in 4/26
XIII. Fierotaz #013 (Leroy)..............checked-in 4/26
XIV. Chester/The Dirty Rat.
XV. Troyboy/”The Perfect Union”/#022...check-in 4/26
XVI. Cornersonrails/#024......checked in 4/27
XVII. Purple Pavement Eater
XVIII. Gun Metal Fastback

JUNIOR MEMBERS: Whose NEW for a chop top 2007?

B.

1. Kaleb

hmm really wantin a choptop now...i think i may put my car up for sale tomarrow on ebay ..seriously

I dont know how but i have completely missed this thread until today ....so, today, i just found out that the cthc2 is next weekend, luckily i havent made any plans=)...so hopefully i will be attending...as for a chopper, unless archies giving away a free chop to the first person there--in which case i would leave today=) and buy an eligible fiero in chicago -- i wont be on the list til late this year if not 2008=(..maybe i'll have a stroke of good luck though...after looking through this thread, ireally want to come but it is a pretty long drive from here to there, i may not be able to take the 88,--one of the wheels fell off this week while i was driving and i dont even want to think about what might happen if i was doing 70 and that happened--

-Kaleb Z.

[This message has been edited by Kaleb (edited 09-01-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

6-DAYS LEFT!

s550w

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for s550wSend a Private Message to s550wDirect Link to This Post
I am definitely confused... . This thread started the year before. I know which day this year....just not what time. I would like to drive up and see the choptops. I suspect I will have to do some tourist type things as punishment for wanting to see this. Or I'll be saving for two modified Fiero attention getters if the other half likes them.

Brian
DL10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by s550w:

. I know which day this year....just not what time. :

All Day.........I'm sure most choptops will be there by noon. I think everyone heads back to Chicago around 4pm??
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

I am definitely confused... . This thread started the year before. I know which day this year....just not what time. I would like to drive up and see the choptops. I suspect I will have to do some tourist type things as punishment for wanting to see this. Or I'll be saving for two modified Fiero attention getters if the other half likes them.

Brian

I'd be confused about the date too.

The 2007 Chop Top Home Coming is next Saturday (Sept, 8, 2007)

Every year NIFE has a Fiero show called FieroRama. This year it takes place Sunday 9-9-07 in St. Charles, IL.

Every year I have an "Open House" at my shop, these Open Houses used to be in the Early Spring but a few years ago we moved my Open House to the day before FieroRama. That made the FieroRama into a 2 day event so that people who come in from out of town can make it to 2 shows in one weekend.

As part of my Open House, Curley has started what is called the Chop Top Home Coming. You see Curley is kinda nutty about Chop Tops & he comes all the way in from CA just to see the Chop Tops & visit with all the Fiero people at the Open house & the FieroRama.

Usually we get 70 to 90 people show up at my open house. You don't have to be a member of NIFE or any other club & you don't have to have a chop top or a V-8 to attend the Open House, CTHC, or FieroRama.

More info on this coming weekend can be found on the NIFE Web Site http://www.fierofocus.com/

Wander around that web site & you'll even find pictures & a Web Cast from previous FieroRama's

Archie
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
hehehehe future choptop #25 just got picked up and on the way...... See you guys Saturday!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

I am definitely confused... . This thread started the year before.
Brian

The title of the thread was changed to reflex 2007 choptop show.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-02-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Cool...Mike D. (#016) is in the house.

Holiday Inn # 1-630 584-5300 in St, Charles. IL This is the official hotel for the Fiero Rama Fri, Sat, & Sun). Please say, "The Fiero Show" to get the group rate. I think I have the #800 number some where?

Leroy and I are arriving to Archie's on Thursday Sept 6th and staying at the Red Roof Inn in Machesney Park, IL on Thur-Fri and checking out that Sat morning the attend the Choptop Reunion (just 3- miles from the shop). The Red Roof Inn # 1- 815-398-9750 @ $55 or $65 per night. After the show where headed to St. Charles to attend the FieroRama show.

Dowdian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DowdianClick Here to visit Dowdian's HomePageSend a Private Message to DowdianDirect Link to This Post
I'm in!!! It's been impossible for me to do anything but work recently, but I've managed to pry their hands off of me next weekend and I'm going to Chicago!

I'll be driving up Friday night and plan to get there around midnight.

I cannot wait to see you guys!

------------------
Dowdian
Chopped up, loaded down, bass-ackwords 88 GT that I love dearly.

Dowdian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DowdianClick Here to visit Dowdian's HomePageSend a Private Message to DowdianDirect Link to This Post

Dowdian

205 posts
Member since Jul 2004
Paul Vargyas,
I just submitted my registration form for Fierorama online. Should I mail you a check on Tuesday, or just bring it with me on Friday?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Hey Mike, I just called Red Roof Inn and the rooms starting price is $53 for single king and $57 per night for queen double beds plus taxes.

Here's a above view of Dowdian's choptop (middle).

Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebDirect Link to This Post
ahhh i wish i could come i would love to see all those chops together...i cant make the trip this year...take lots of pictures
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dowdian:

I'm in!!! It's been impossible for me to do anything but work recently, but I've managed to pry their hands off of me next weekend and I'm going to Chicago!

I'll be driving up Friday night and plan to get there around midnight.

I cannot wait to see you guys!

Wow, very good.

Archie
GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post
Friday night at the Red Roof....this may work yet. Anybody up for Steak & Shake?
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Friday night at the Red Roof....this may work yet. Anybody up for Steak & Shake?

Count Mike and me in.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, remind me to order 2 side orders of the Baked Beans.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
I had 3 orders today & you don't want to be here.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2007 05:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2007 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
What time do people start showing up?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2007 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by joshua riedl:

What time do people start showing up?

Officially it starts at 11am, people start showing up about 10 or 10:30

Archie
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2007 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post
I will not be able to attend the activities this weekend, I don't want to take this thread off topic so you can see the reason here https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/051166.html
Archie, I will call you in the morning to discuss further.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2007 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to have to say this.........

Due to circumstances beyond my control several of the Chop Tops & WideBodies that will be at my Open House on Saturday will not be on display at the Fierorama in St. Charles on Sunday.

As it turns out, several of those cars would need to be trailered to & from St. Charles & considering a 2 hour round trip per car before & after the show, I just don't have enough time to haul them all.

So if you want to see the maximum number of Chop Tops all in one place, you may want to make sure you come to the CTHC on Saturday.

The Good News is that the latest forecast is showing mid 70's & Sunny for both Saturday & Sunday.

Archie <~~~~

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 09-06-2007).]

GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2007 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post
Perfect time for a drive in the roadster I would think
You know I like that car!!!!!!!!
Have a Great Weekend and post plenty of pic's
Gary
S8N

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2007 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for S8NSend a Private Message to S8NDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Sorry to have to say this.........

Due to circumstances beyond my control several of the Chop Tops & WideBodies that will be at my Open House on Saturday will not be on display at the Fierorama in St. Charles on Sunday.

As it turns out, several of those cars would need to be trailered to & from St. Charles & considering a 2 hour round trip per car before & after the show, I just don't have enough time to haul them all.

So if you want to see the maximum number of Chop Tops all in one place, you may want to make sure you come to the CTHC on Saturday.

The Good News is that the latest forecast is showing mid 70's & Sunny for both Saturday & Sunday.

Archie <~~~~

That black one in the back looks very familiar. Can you post some progress pics if you have a chance?
PFF
System Bot
GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2007 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post
Leaving now. Should rollinto the Red Roof about 7 PM. Jeff
DL10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2007 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post
I’ll be driving up tomorrow, hope to get there before 11 A.M.
I knew when I bought the GBCT that there would be other choptops built and I knew there would be nicer choptops built. I just didn’t think there would be this many. Old Blue is starting to show it’s age. It has had to sit outside for the last 3 years and it’s been kind of hard on the paint and bodywork. I think it’s time for a few changes.

[This message has been edited by DL10 (edited 09-07-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2007 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by S8N:

That black one in the back looks very familiar. Can you post some progress pics if you have a chance?

Sure, Chuck, I'll update 1st of next week.

We're pretty close to being ready to fire it up.

The new owner wants to restore the A/C so we're looking for a few parts to complete that.

Archie
S8N

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2007 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for S8NSend a Private Message to S8NDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Sure, Chuck, I'll update 1st of next week.

We're pretty close to being ready to fire it up.

The new owner wants to restore the A/C so we're looking for a few parts to complete that.

Archie

Sweet! He'll be pleased. Should be a good turn out this weekend, I would love to be up there for the show.
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2007 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Mad Curly m.i.a at CTHC-2?! what happened?

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 09-08-2007).]

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2007 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post

FierociousGT

2307 posts
Member since Jan 2007
Here are some pictures from this afternoon at Archie's

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 03-10-2008).]

twodogjohnny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2007 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twodogjohnnyClick Here to visit twodogjohnny's HomePageSend a Private Message to twodogjohnnyDirect Link to This Post
Is the blue paint on the blue GT in the previous post the original Fiero blue color code?
I love that color, whatever it is.
-john
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2007 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

Here are some pictures from this afternoon at Archie's

Aaaah, the original Archie Chop Top...still looks good.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2007 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the pics!! Any pics of curly's car
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock