Started on: 02-07-2006 01:38 PM
Replies: 392
Last post by: madcurl on 09-06-2009 01:02 PM
Will-Martin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2006 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post
I would definately be there, but my car is no where near done. Hope you guys have a blast, maybe I will make it to Daytona next year.

TAKE LOTS AND LOTS OF PICTURES PLEASE!!!

--Will
IP: Logged
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2006 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

I would definately be there, but my car is no where near done. Hope you guys have a blast, maybe I will make it to Daytona next year.

--Will

DITTO!

I know Curley is still expecting me to show up at the last minute...but it's not likely to happen.

madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2006 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

I know Curley is still expecting me to show up at the last minute...but it's not likely to happen.

Hmm. Resistance is futile.

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2006 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

DITTO!

Curley is not the only one hoping you could make it. You and Exoticse are two of the biggest choptop fans out there.... It just not right that you won’t be there.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2006 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

Curley is not the only one hoping you could make it. You and Exoticse are two of the biggest choptop fans out there.... It just not right that you won’t be there.

DITTO!

Come on Jonathan, Southwest flys out from TX to IL for $69 bucks one-way. Whatta say???

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2006 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Wow...only four days left.
ace35

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2006 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace35Send a Private Message to ace35Direct Link to This Post
I wish I could bring mine. , or even myself. Take lots of pictures, from every angle, and every inch of every car. Have fun everyone.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2006 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ace35:

Take lots of pictures, from every angle, and every inch of every car. Have fun everyone.

I'm sure we will try if there's no crowd!

Here's the Offical line-up (9/5/06) 11:50hrs

These two cars are well known to draw a crowd.
(example of crowd, hehe)

A black classic. #013: Black Death

Something new for us to check out. Chop top, SBC with 6 speed.

Have you ever seen a Rat go topless?
Topless - my fav all around

Top on.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-05-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2006 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Attendee's cont.

GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2006 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post
So what time will the festivities begin? When are people arriving? Anything going on in the area Friday night? It is a five hour drive for me. I am debating getting up bright & burley on Saturday or driving down Friday. I may have to make a run to downtown Chicago to deliver stuff to my daughter in college. (She is a blonde but not the one above. )

Looking forward to it.

Jeff

[This message has been edited by GTGeff (edited 09-05-2006).]

SLAMMED87GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2006 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLAMMED87GTSend a Private Message to SLAMMED87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

What rims are on the rat? They look very similiar to the rims on my 3-series. Looks great btw.!

Edit: Found out they are Motegi's. Look good Chester, let's see some more pics.

[This message has been edited by SLAMMED87GT (edited 09-06-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2006 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:

So what time will the festivities begin? When are people arriving? Anything going on in the area Friday night? It is a five hour drive for me. I am debating getting up bright & burley on Saturday or driving down Friday. I may have to make a run to downtown Chicago to deliver stuff to my daughter in college. (She is a blonde but not the one above. )

Looking forward to it.

Jeff

Yep. I'll pm you now.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2006 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by SLAMMED87GT:
What rims are on the rat? They look very similiar to the rims on my 3-series. Looks great btw.!

Edit: Found out they are Motegi's. Look good Chester, let's see some more pics.

Look here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/040339-7.html
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2006 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
It's on! Dr. CPU has already arrived and is in the House!

Edit: I just got off the phone with Archie. He was at Arbbys drive-through (hehe) and said that Norm is still at the shop burning the midnight oil. Hopefully, Troyboy, Bob R, and I will be rollin' 3-deep on Friday. Exoticse will entertain you guys/gals with a few prior pics.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-07-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2006 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Waiting for some event pics.
ace35

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2006 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace35Send a Private Message to ace35Direct Link to This Post
Come on come on come on!

I'm sure everyone's havin a great time! Post pics!!!!
GonsaiPK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2006 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GonsaiPKSend a Private Message to GonsaiPKDirect Link to This Post
PICS!!!!

First we have Madcurl's Newest:

GonsaiPK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2006 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GonsaiPKSend a Private Message to GonsaiPKDirect Link to This Post

GonsaiPK

367 posts
Member since Sep 2003
The man, the myth, the legend...

The rear glass is from a 350Z

Now let's take a look at troyboy's toy:

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2006 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

More, more !!!!

GonsaiPK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2006 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GonsaiPKSend a Private Message to GonsaiPKDirect Link to This Post
This chopper is for sale! Get it right from the source:

DL10's chopper:

The Stinger, under new ownership:
GonsaiPK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2006 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GonsaiPKSend a Private Message to GonsaiPKDirect Link to This Post

GonsaiPK

367 posts
Member since Sep 2003
The Great Blue Chop Top (which now has the distinction of being the first chopper my butt has sat in )

Tina's, another classic:

Interior of the yellow LS1 six-speed Finale:

Paul Vargas' LS1 t-top

Apparently, there's one wire that controls this entire car, and it broke on the way over...
PFF
System Bot
GonsaiPK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2006 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GonsaiPKSend a Private Message to GonsaiPKDirect Link to This Post

motortv's turbo LT1:

MinngreenGT's gorgeous car:

Ha ha, the perrenial curiosity:

LS1 Solstice, by Archie of course:
GonsaiPK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2006 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GonsaiPKSend a Private Message to GonsaiPKDirect Link to This Post

GonsaiPK

367 posts
Member since Sep 2003
Just some random shots around the place:

In case you don't know who's posting, lol:

The man of the hour, scratching his nose:

Oh man, this was one flimsy kit car. Average body panel thickness: 0.060". Don't buy from Cory Reynolds.

GonsaiPK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2006 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GonsaiPKSend a Private Message to GonsaiPKDirect Link to This Post

GonsaiPK

367 posts
Member since Sep 2003
By the end of the event, the temperature really dropped, I was feeling kinda chilly:

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2006 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the pics....

Wish I could have been there. Hopefully this will become an annual event? Maybe next year.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2006 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

jscott1

21676 posts
Member since Dec 2001

Originally posted by GonsaiPK:

It's good to see two old friends together again...
dozol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2006 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dozolClick Here to visit dozol's HomePageSend a Private Message to dozolDirect Link to This Post
lol , That's me on the very first picture in a blue t-shirt.

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2006 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post

)

[ ]

Boy, the GBCT still holds her own against the new generation of Chops! Looks like a fun day!
GMGW3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2006 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GMGW3Send a Private Message to GMGW3Direct Link to This Post

DL10's chopper:

]

Umm thats my chopper.. really really!

[This message has been edited by GMGW3 (edited 09-10-2006).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2006 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

DL10's chopper:

I noticed the apparent discrepancy too, until I noticed that your car is in the picture, just not centered

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2006 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Man i am hating that i missed this one !

Hopefully there will be another one in the future ? Looks like you guys had a great time.

Thanks for the pictures.
PFF
System Bot
DL10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2006 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Man i am hating that i missed this one !

Hopefully there will be another one in the future ? Looks like you guys had a great time.

Thanks for the pictures.

It's too bad Jonathan and you couldn’t make it, maybe next year. I think the official count was 5 completed cars and three works in progress. So we did set a new record for the number of choptops present at one time.
It was good to see the guys I knew and to meet a few new choptop owners. Madcrul, DrCpu, and Troyboy……man those guys are really raising the bar in the modified class.
I hope I didn’t scare you to much Curly………..I knew I had room to shut her down before we ran out of road……..0 to100 then back to 0 in a little over [ Edited to remove time……..it was just a guess and I don’t want to be accused of stating false times.]

[This message has been edited by DL10 (edited 09-12-2006).]

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2006 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post

I hope I didn’t scare you to much Curly………..I knew I had room to shut her down before we ran out of road……..0 to100 then back to 0 in a little over 10 seconds

What did you do??? Details!!!

------------------

GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2006 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post

This chopper is for sale! Get it right from the source:

G]

This is my favorite.
Thanks Gary

What was the total count on chop tops present 7 or 8?

[This message has been edited by GKDINC (edited 09-15-2006).]

GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post
Bump
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2006 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

It's too bad Jonathan and you couldn’t make it, maybe next year. I think the official count was 5 completed cars and three works in progress. So we did set a new record for the number of choptops present at one time.
It was good to see the guys I knew and to meet a few new choptop owners. Madcrul, DrCpu, and Troyboy……man those guys are really raising the bar in the modified class.
I hope I didn’t scare you to much Curly………..I knew I had room to shut her down before we ran out of road……..0 to100 then back to 0 in a little over [ Edited to remove time……..it was just a guess and I don’t want to be accused of stating false times.]

Man, the thrill rides was out of this world!!! For those who missed the first ever big choptop meet....this was the place to be. Every choptop has it's own unique place in the choptop kingdom. I had the chance to "roll" in three choptops plus a Ferrari replica w/460 horses!

The GBCP is just over the top! The LT1 can hold it's own( I witnessed it!). This was the "car" that inspired me and is may all time favorite. It's very exotic due to the fastback.

The "Stinger" was unique and stealthyish. The raked roof and chopped top gave the car a over-all hodrodish feel. Granted, he couldn't hit it hard becaues of the rain but, I know that the power was there becuase of the LT1.

I didn't get a chance to roll in the White exotic fastback but I did entertain myself with it's clean lines. Like a kid in the candy store, I was all over the car! Sorry about acting like a kid in telling you I like you car but you're car was the second reason for me getting a choptop prior to #011. Oh yeah, thank you for bringing your choppper to the meet.

Dr. CPU's car was a blast!!! I got a chance to ride shoot gun as Dave went through the gears....all six of them, hehe. The car is Fast and the roar of the engine had people breaking thier necks to take a peak. Dave's car isn't painted but, by it being "black" it reminded me of the Bat Mobile....black, stealthy, and mean sounding. It was nice viewing all of the cars from different angles either from being inside of the car or from following them. The reaction from others seeing the car was..... priceless.

Bob Rutz's Ferrari replica was too exciting. Man that sucker is fast although Bob didn't get on it due to the clutch being new (500 mile break-in period). Once again, people where turning their necks to view the car. Some people slowed down to view it and others keep looking at the stop light.

In conclusion, it was a jaw dropping experience for me and for those who got a chance to view them at the show or from the road. It reminded me of owning those old style Hot Wheels car and track where each little car has it's own uniqueness as they shoot through the power house (ahh 1966 Hot Wheels). Well, that was my feeling at the CHTC. Being in the cars reminded of those old style Tyco/Aurora slot cars (1970's). Yes. I was 12 yrs old all over again. Thanks to all that attended.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2006 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Hmm....I wonder what Tina was thinking when she saw the #020 choptop? What in the @** is this?

Priceless.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-17-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2006 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

a few leftover pics.

dmancheno

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2006 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dmanchenoSend a Private Message to dmanchenoDirect Link to This Post
Looks like it was fun!

So any plans on selling a DIY Chop Top kit? Or maybe too many people would chop the wrong top...

OUCH!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2006 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
More CTHC flashbacks:

A special greeting for madcurl

Take your pick,...oh but leave a nice check on Archie's desk.

Can you name all the choptop owners pictured ?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock