CTHC III at Archie's 2008 by madcurl
Started on: 02-07-2006 01:38 PM
Replies: 392
Last post by: madcurl on 09-06-2009 01:02 PM
Dowdian

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2006 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DowdianClick Here to visit Dowdian's HomePageSend a Private Message to DowdianDirect Link to This Post
Wow!!! Thank's to everyone sooo much for all the great pic's.

I will be at the next one. No excuses! And I expect you to hold me to it. I demand it!

Looks like you folks had a lot of fun (and maybe some good pizza???).

Edit: It took me 201 posts and 2 years, but I finally OWN a page!!!! Yay me!
------------------
Dowdian
Chopped up, loaded down, bass-ackwords 88 GT that I love dearly.

[This message has been edited by Dowdian (edited 09-20-2006).]

IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2006 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dowdian:

I will be at the next one. No excuses! And I expect you to hold me to it. I demand it!

Like a herd of elephants....We'll remember that.

carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2006 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
Edited for lack of content...

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 09-23-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2006 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Can you name all the choptop owners pictured ?

I have question. Guess you joined Pennock's? See what happens when you hang-out with Archie and the crew.

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2006 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

Have the cracks been fixed on the GBCT? I was kinda suprised to see it getting that bad on the car... of course that was almost 1.5 years ago now.

No they are still there ..........thanks for caring.
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2006 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

No they are still there ..........thanks for caring.

Sorry... it was just a question. My spoiler is about split in half, my sunroof doesn't fit right, and my driver side door skin is torn and my motor mounts are shot... in case you were wondering.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2006 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Dumpsteer Diving:

After the CTHC and Fierorama show, we spent Monday going over various ideas and things. Norm did one heck of job on /#020 and left prior to me arriving on Friday. Anyway, we were discusing the the height and stuff and thought about adding a "baby" front fender flare for the front and droping the front by 1". We couldn't find the old front fenders that Norm cut-up so we decided to take a look in the dumpsteer... a real Kodak moment.

Lost in Space:

After hanging out at Archie's until 21:00hrs, we finally decided to leave and head to the hotel near Midway airport. Can you say, "GPS" cause that's what we needed. I think we arrived at the Hotel Holiday Inn around 00:30 hrs. Beat, tired, and hungry there was a Wendy's right across the street. Let me just say that the Wendy workers at the drive through didn't look like they'd take any lip service from any customer so, we made our orders "brief and to the point." After we recieved our food, Troyboy decided to mess with one of them by asking for a "frosty." Now you know that, working at a restruarant late at nite, they usually clean the machine 30-minutes prior to closing and will not dirty the machine if it's cleaned already.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-24-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2006 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Attention to detail:

I had a chance to chit-chat with Chuck at the CTCH. What caught my eyes was the detail above the strut towers. I asked about it and he had the area welded over and over again until the material reached a certan height which strenghtens the area and reduces flex plus it looks good if you're painting it. He mention that the rubbery material was a pain to remove.

motortv's turbo LT1:

Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2006 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post

Something along the line of ...OMG I got to find me another pair of glasses.
I look like Mrs. Crapapple from 2nd class. Teacher, teacher, ... raises hand. May I got to the bathroom

Tina

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2006 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Hey Bob. How was the ride back to CA?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2006 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

A few of madcurl's leftovers from the event.

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2006 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Another cool picture curly had in reserve.

Still kicking myself for missing this one.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2006 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
my gosh troyboys car is amazing!!! still favor the stinger though!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Hey Troyboy, got any more left over pics from last year? I'm building up steam for this yrs reunion.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Hmm. CTHC-2 at Archie's? Who's comming for 2007?

------------------

"Anyone can make a copy of something, it may look good but it ever is the real car. Make something from your imagination, something unique, something nobody has, anything is possible and, ideas can be a reality."

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Thanks Cliff.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
nice change of the title. if i can make it to see some chops i will.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I was wondering how the 2007 thread got to 4 pages so quick? There are a couple of threads I wish I could change the title on out there...

Anyway, by the fall my car will either be re-painted or I'm just going to give up.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 02-04-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
A couple of choptop questions:

1. Can [WE] top the number of choptop that were at Archie's in 2006? (The total was eight)

2. Whos' attending the CTCH-2?

3. Current choptop projects: Jscott, Will-Martin, exoticse-----enough time?

4. Can we do a "Choptop" cruise through the city?

5. We need someone with camera skills and video the event.

6. A cruise and dinning?

7.???

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-04-2007).]

tuner2m6t

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tuner2m6tSend a Private Message to tuner2m6tDirect Link to This Post
Is this show open to everybody or just for the chop tops?
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
For the last few year I've had an Open House at my shop on the day before FieroRama.

There is no charge for this Open House. The CTCH is being held as part of this Open House.

So there is no charge & everyone is welcome.

Archie
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tuner2m6t:

Is this show open to everybody or just for the chop tops?

Heavens' no....choptop people are nobody special but we are a strange group, hehe. On the serious note, The Choptop members are piggy-backing off Archie's original "Open-House" held at his shop every year and is opened to everybody. Where un-important and with a limited following. We just needed a "place" to crash, hehe.
Edit: Woops. I'm too slow. Archie answered the question.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-04-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Edit: Woops. I'm too slow. Archie answered the question.

Yeah well the Bears aren't showing me anything.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
how much do you normally charge for somebody to stop by and see your shop?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

how much do you normally charge for somebody to stop by and see your shop?

The last time Dr. CPU drop'd bye, Archie put him to work.

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
he doesn't want to do that to me... i might enjoy it too much and before you know it he might have another full time employee on his hands that'll enjoy putting more hours in then he would ... hmmm... maybe not... then i would have to share my new creation with everybody there. wow... that would be a tuff one.
tuner2m6t

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tuner2m6tSend a Private Message to tuner2m6tDirect Link to This Post
When is this taking place becuase I would like to see if my 3800 swapped 84 will be ready for it.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

When is this taking place becuase I would like to see if my 3800 swapped 84 will be ready for it.

The "exact" date isn't known (yet) but it's held the day before the Fierorama which is held during the month of September during the first week (same example as the Daytona show which held always in March during the third week). The goal is: Prepardness. Here's the date of last years event.

[please note, this isn't the correct date]

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-05-2007).]

tuner2m6t

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tuner2m6tSend a Private Message to tuner2m6tDirect Link to This Post
So I have until September-ish to be ready. I think I can do that.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
I've been on the Bat phone making calls to the Super Friends....
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

I've been on the Bat phone making calls to the Super Friends....

I just got off the bat phone with Mike D. (#016 chopper). Mikes' been away from the forum due to his business. We talked about CTHC-2 at Archie's and he's planning to attending the show...ready to roll in #016. He was unaware of #020 and the Archie wide body kit being offered. I hope to gather-up more choptop friends.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-17-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

The "exact" date isn't known (yet) but it's held the day before the Fierorama which is held during the month of September during the first week (same example as the Daytona show which held always in March during the third week). The goal is: Prepardness.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 02-17-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2007 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Another super friend signing up for the CTHC-2 show.

Hey Loyde, any news about Will-Martins' chopper? Do you think Will's car will be ready for the Choptop Home Comming -2 (CTHC-2) in Sept 2007? I'm looking forward in seeing his ride....in person, hehe.

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

/signed

tuner2m6t

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2007 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tuner2m6tSend a Private Message to tuner2m6tDirect Link to This Post
Any set date yet? Need to know so I can take off work.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2007 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Any set date yet? Need to know so I can take off work.

Not yet but it's usually the following week after Labor Day (Sept 3rd) which is perhaps the following Saturday Sept 8th?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2007 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2007 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
5-more months to go:

Will-Martin, can you here me now?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2007 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

5-more months to go:

Will-Martin, can you here me now?

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2007 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2007 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Every year on the 2nd Sunday of September, NIFE puts on their big show of the year called FieroRama. This year FieroRama is on September 9th. 2007. This will be the 12th FieroRama.

Also, once a year for the last 6 years, I've put on an Open House at V-8 Archie's. For the last couple of years We've been doing my Open House on the Saturday before FieroRama. Once again for 2007, my Open House will be the Saturday before FieroRama.

My Open House & the FieroRama are open to ALL Fiero enthusiasts from all over the country. You don't need a special invitation & you don't need to belong to NIFE or any other club to attend Either event.

Last year, as part of my Open House we also had what Curley calls The Chop Top Homecoming, where we had all the Archie Chop Tops that could attend parked & displayed together.

So, in summary, here's what we have........ The Chop Top Homecoming #2 is a part of the V-8 Archie Open House #7 which is a part of the NIFE FieroRama #12 Weekend.

All of this (& some other stuff) is the weekend of Sept. 8th & 9th, 2007.

I'd also like to point out one other thing. FieroRama is all about the Daily Driven Fiero. It's a celebration of Fieros that are actually driven & the more miles it's got the more attention it will get. So don't be afraid to bring your Fiero to this event.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 04-22-2007).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock