Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  The one and only Step-By-Step 3800 Series II SC Swap (Page 12)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
The one and only Step-By-Step 3800 Series II SC Swap by The Fieromaster
Started on: 07-15-2005 11:50 AM
Replies: 521
Last post by: darkhorizon on 01-14-2009 01:32 AM
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2005 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The Fieromaster:

the aluminum tears when used as a dogbone/tensioner bracket...

Greaaaaat..

IP: Logged
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2005 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post

Or you could call Ed Morad.. im sure he has them.

Im going to be making a STEEL dog bone mount because the aluminum tears when used as a dogbone/tensioner bracket... if anyone is interested i may offer these for SALE too...

Enough talk, did you get it done yet? I might come visit next weekend and it would be nice to ride in the damn car. It's only been how long now??????

------------------
88 Coupe: Modded 4.9L V8 5 speed
86 GT: Stock 4 speed
86 SE: 3.4 DOHC 4 speed
http://www.geocities.com/fast88fiero

The Fieromaster

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2005 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

Enough talk, did you get it done yet? I might come visit next weekend and it would be nice to ride in the damn car. It's only been how long now??????

Two years i think... and if you come this weekend ill make sure its done!

Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post11-06-2005 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iDirect Link to This Post
Just be carefull!
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2005 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post

Two years i think... and if you come this weekend ill make sure its done!

I think it's more like 3 years.

Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2005 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:
I think it's more like 3 years.

Damn, and all you did is change the engine?? j/k

FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2005 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Finish it yet?
The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2005 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
still workin on the mount... you still commin down??
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2005 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Here is a picture of my next L-67 that should be ready to install in another week or so. I have a some what of a build Thread here.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/055687.html

L-67 with Mods

[This message has been edited by MstangsBware (edited 11-11-2005).]

The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2005 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
Couple of problems may be...

How are you running your exhaust? Cutting trunk out...?

Also... i think that intercooler may be way way too tall. My pulley is DAMN close to the deck lid as it is stock.

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2005 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Couple of problems may be...

How are you running your exhaust? Cutting trunk out...?

Also... i think that intercooler may be way way too tall. My pulley is DAMN close to the deck lid as it is stock.

Problems--Never heard of such a word before, if an issue comes up, then you work around it. Not really, everything I have done to my motor has already been done before. I am just coping what many others have done so there will be no issues with my setup.

PFF
System Bot
FastFieros

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2005 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Problems--Never heard of such a word before, if an issue comes up, then you work around it. Not really, everything I have done to my motor has already been done before. I am just coping what many others have done so there will be no issues with my setup.

Problems? Why, looks just like the one I am working on now... Going into a 88 Formula...

Loyde

crazyfieromike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2005 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazyfieromikeSend a Private Message to crazyfieromikeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FastFieros:

Problems? Why, looks just like the one I am working on now... Going into a 88 Formula...

Loyde

hey craig you see what i see in the back ground. evil very evil. buy lincoln electric welder and help support mine and fieromasters cars lol

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2005 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Loyde

I admit it, I copied the dark gray color off that motor from when I was out there the other day. It seemed to go so well with the silver when I put the 2 colors together.

ohio86se

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2005 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seDirect Link to This Post
bump

------------------

" DRIVE IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT"

86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2005 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlDirect Link to This Post

Here is a picture of my next L-67 that should be ready to install in another week or so. I have a some what of a build Thread here.

L-67 with Mods

Very very nice indeed.

The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2005 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
I finally have my dog bone mount/tensioner mount completed... Although as you know i have no camera. I took it for a spin and its all good. I DO need a polly version of the mount though. Also appearently my rear right caliper hates me and deided it wanted to not release good and is now a permanent parking brake untill i remove it and figure out why it locked up.

Time for 12" brake upgrade or something. Any suggestions for rear brake upgrade that is AFFORDABLE? I already have the Beretta/Grand Am rear upgrade!

ohio86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2005 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seDirect Link to This Post
Good to here from you. I gave this thread "bump" .As far as your brake hanging up it sounds like the e-brake cable are frozen. Disconnect to cable on the caliper that is hung up. As far as going to poly on the front engine mount it probably wont be a bad idea.
Ive been slowly progressing with my own swap.
I will be starting my own thread but im not real good at documenting things. Ive spent alot of time detailing things on the engine. Ive finalized my alternator mounting by added an additional brace to the back side of the alternator to the engine block. Ive switch to OBD1 so Ive been in contact with DarthFiero since he will be doing my ECM programing on the 95 Regal 3800.

------------------

crazyfieromike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2005 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazyfieromikeSend a Private Message to crazyfieromikeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ohio86se:

Good to here from you. I gave this thread "bump" .As far as your brake hanging up it sounds like the e-brake cable are frozen. Disconnect to cable on the caliper that is hung up. As far as going to poly on the front engine mount it probably wont be a bad idea.
Ive been slowly progressing with my own swap.
I will be starting my own thread but im not real good at documenting things. Ive spent alot of time detailing things on the engine. Ive finalized my alternator mounting by added an additional brace to the back side of the alternator to the engine block. Ive switch to OBD1 so Ive been in contact with DarthFiero since he will be doing my ECM programing on the 95 Regal 3800.

he has no ebrake on his car since he has grand am front brakes on the rear i thinkthe probly probly is its just frozen solid due to the car hasn;t moved in almost 3 years we had a hell of a time getting it off the trailer when we towed it to his house to do the swap. we had to push it into the garage using his saturn because the breaks where so stiff

[This message has been edited by crazyfieromike (edited 11-21-2005).]

ohio86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2005 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seDirect Link to This Post
oh i see......nevermind

------------------

Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2005 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Dude, those GA calipers are like 12 bucks
PFF
System Bot
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2005 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Or you could call Ed Morad.. im sure he has them.

Im going to be making a STEEL dog bone mount because the aluminum tears when used as a dogbone/tensioner bracket... if anyone is interested i may offer these for SALE too...

Any proof of that ???

I have had one in mine for 3 years, and never a hint of breaking

------------------

87 GT MP-112 powered, 3800 Supercharged on 19's
88 GT T-top 1 of very few, 119.4 miles
87 GT custom
90 Grand prix STE Turbo

The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2005 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
Ohio86 - contact me if you have any questions concering the OBDI swap... Good choice, if you need wiring help let me know also... Shoot me a PM or something.

Mike is correct, i have no e-brake, and i polly will get new caliper if its not the line thats old n rotty... 12$ - i rock!

Purple... i had to mill some material off the dog bone mount, thats why i think it gave out BUT if you want to see it i can get some vid of it and the new one!!

F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2005 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

L-67 with Mods

Thanks a lot now I want one of them. The Mutt just wet the driveway.

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2005 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

Thanks a lot now I want one of them. The Mutt just wet the driveway.

Your welcome and thanks for the compliment. The Mutt would enjoy a 380SC w/ a few MODs stuffed in the back. I still plan on coming out your way, maybe when Will gets his car back, we can have that cruise you been talking about.

crazyfieromike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2005 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazyfieromikeSend a Private Message to crazyfieromikeDirect Link to This Post

Ohio86 - contact me if you have any questions concering the OBDI swap... Good choice, if you need wiring help let me know also... Shoot me a PM or something.

Mike is correct, i have no e-brake, and i polly will get new caliper if its not the line thats old n rotty... 12$ - i rock!

Purple... i had to mill some material off the dog bone mount, thats why i think it gave out BUT if you want to see it i can get some vid of it and the new one!!

why buy them though arnt the from the ones from the zone thats got the lifetime warranty on them

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2005 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

L-67 with Mods

Dang, that DOES look familiar. Looking good MBW. Can't wait to get these beasts up and running, we will be the terrors of the southside haha.

Killer thread by the way, keep up the good work!

--Will

FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2006 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Update????
linenoise

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2006 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post

Loyde

Another work of Art from Loyde....

The_Ikon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2006 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The_IkonClick Here to visit The_Ikon's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_IkonDirect Link to This Post
bump..........
The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2006 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
Well i just got my Christmas Presant in a few days ago... Its an SS Intercooler from ZZ Performance. I still have to get a radiator for it though... Loyde sells a setup for like 400$, not to down his excellent work but i dont know if i can spare that extra money at the moment... but probably will anyway. HaHa.

I also picked up another Fiero that i will daily drive soon as i can finish fixing it. Its a 87 SE with 80k... but it isnt in the greatest shape.. still needs a tune up BAD and the brakes arent that good on that either!

PFF
System Bot
crazyfieromike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2006 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazyfieromikeSend a Private Message to crazyfieromikeDirect Link to This Post
bump to save
fierodustin_86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2006 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodustin_86Send a Private Message to fierodustin_86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by mcaanda:

Fieromaster:
Here is some info on the adapter for your oil filter that you might find handy:

96-2002 L36 Camaro

GM PART # 12569217
CATEGORY: Engine Oil Filter Adapter Hardware
GM LIST:
$31.90
OUR PRICE:$19.10

( I have pictures of this installed if you like, E-mail me and I can get those out for ya if you like )

or:

( I belive that this is the one that WCF sells. They are going to do the same thing for ya, so IMO, I'd go w/ the one that is listed above.

91-95 Lumina, 92-95 Transport, 92 Bonneville, 91-92 Olds 98, 91 Toronado, 92-95 Silhouette

GM PART # 24501300
CATEGORY: Engine Oil Filter Adapter Hardware
GM LIST:
$132.95
OUR PRICE:
$75.79

Also, all prices were from GM Parts Direct.

Do you have pictures of these respectively? My email address is d.damrill@mchsi.com . thanks
dustin

FastFieros

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2006 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by linenoise:

Another work of Art from Loyde....

Here is the automatic 4T65eHD version... With a little more color to it also..

Loyde

The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2006 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
Damn Loyde ill tell you one thing... Your work looks AMAZING!!!!!!!
anthony_86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2006 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anthony_86gtSend a Private Message to anthony_86gtDirect Link to This Post
we need some updated pictures!
Golden86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2006 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Golden86Send a Private Message to Golden86Direct Link to This Post
Bump

------------------

fiero-iwan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2006 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero-iwanSend a Private Message to fiero-iwanDirect Link to This Post
bump
3.8T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.8TClick Here to visit 3.8T's HomePageSend a Private Message to 3.8TDirect Link to This Post
wow, nice....not bad at all.
scrolling thru some pages in this thread gave me serious flashbacks lol..........well, up to where i changed over to a turbo heh.
Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2006 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
I see that almost everyone uses these, but does anyone sell them?? Going to test fit it and paint it tomorrow, just would have been easier to pay someone a few bucks than to grind it out...

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock