Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Where’s the Wheatstock pic thread? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
Where’s the Wheatstock pic thread? by buddycraigg
Started on: 06-26-2004 09:09 PM
Replies: 212
Last post by: Black-Azz-GT on 08-18-2004 08:30 AM
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2004 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
There were too many other people taking pics of everyones car.
So I only clicked my camera a few times for things i've never seen before.
I cant remember his name, but a PFFer was there taping and taking shots of everyones cars,
I’m counting on you to fill this up.

I had to come back home to get a good nights rest before going back tomorrow for the track day.
I don’t sleep worth a darn in hotels so i came back home and figured I would see pics of
X tearing his engine apart, or Pauls engine in the race car.

I guess I throw up the couple I took while I sit here and drink my (second or third) beer.

I’ll see some of you tomorrow.

PS squoch was there buy I never could track him down, I think I met most everybody else.
And if I missed you, then hopefully next time.

------------------
Buddy - there are two "G"s in my name
Ling = 84SE-350-N2O(off line)-Poly-Mr.Mike seats-Sequential turn signals-short shifter
Julia C = 85GT stock (kinda)
Ivy = 67 Pontiac Catalina
KCFOG

[This message has been edited by buddycraigg (edited 06-27-2004).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2004 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
As you all know, I don’t spend much time cleaning my car after check-in (or before for that matter)
Anyway I walking around checking things out and hear Tina yell, “I love my car!”
and look up just in time to see this…
Apparently she does spend time detailing her car after check-in.

buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2004 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

buddycraigg

13595 posts
Member since Jul 2002
I really liked this mod on jscott1’s car.
I introduced myself to him to ask about it but he didn’t seem interested in talking to me.
So he was either:
A. Too busy detailing to talk.
B. Didn’t know who I was, and didn’t want to talk.
C. Did know who I was, and really didn’t want to talk.

I’m gonna hope for A.

buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2004 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

buddycraigg

13595 posts
Member since Jul 2002
I know I’ve see pics of this car here before. I think these side vents are the best.

[This message has been edited by buddycraigg (edited 06-26-2004).]

buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2004 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

buddycraigg

13595 posts
Member since Jul 2002
And does anyone know whos car this is.
it was parked next to wheels1 (Chris)
It’s a light kinda powder blue and had mirrored inserts for the sail panels and the arrowhead.
(You’ll have to excuse the dork in the reflection.)

[This message has been edited by buddycraigg (edited 06-26-2004).]

sastian

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianDirect Link to This Post
any more?
WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
In addition to (more) pics, does anyone have a count on how many Fieros were there?

edit 4 spelin'

[This message has been edited by WingNut - MD (edited 06-27-2004).]

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by buddycraigg:

I introduced myself to him to ask about it but he didn’t seem interested in talking to me.

Yeah that jscott( jon) can be really stuck up !! Joking

joeschmotty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joeschmottySend a Private Message to joeschmottyDirect Link to This Post
well, i just got back from kansas today, literally walked in the door 5 minutes ago. had to check if there was a pic thread yet or not, and i see there is. i just might be that pff guy you were saying took pics of everyones' cars because i have almost 200 on my camera.

before i can start posting them though, i need to find someone with a server that would love for me to fill their space or find one locally to use. if anyone wants to help me out, let me know and i'll email some/them to you.

as far as the show, it was awesome for my first event. i loved it. the autocross was fun to watch, and i was told as far as tracks go that it was a very tight course. the show itself had probably around 70 cars i think. no exact count from me though. there was archie's gt4t, 2 finales, kcfog (i think?) scorpion, and i think about 4 ferrari reps as far as body kits go. sorry if i missed any.

the drag racing went well. i'll let others post their times, although i got a lot of it on video camera. i left early this morning and it was raining pretty bad so i dont know how things went out there for the track racing today. im sure if they did it, it wasnt very good as it was raining hard.

anyway, pics will come soon if i can find a host. i dont want to fill cliff's space with a bunch of it.

Iron_Mark_2003

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Direct Link to This Post

As you all know, I don’t spend much time cleaning my car after check-in (or before for that matter)
Anyway I walking around checking things out and hear Tina yell, “I love my car!” and look up just in time to see this…
Apparently she does spend time detailing her car after check-in.

LOL!!!

88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
Man it makes me sick... I am one of the closest to where wheatstock took place and I coudnt make it... Damn I am going to take my boss to the board of labor... If he had payed me last week. he is a month and a half late on this paycheck and I didnt make it due to lack of funds.
Looks like it was a good show and I hated to miss it.

More Pictures!!!!

------------------
Don Pottorff
www.vmf323.com
Red 88 2M4
Silver 86 2M4
Red 85 GT 1:18 Scale

PFF
System Bot
DjDraggin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DjDragginSend a Private Message to DjDragginDirect Link to This Post
Well I'm still out here and just walked in the door,, We just finished with the road course and HOLY MOOO COW!!!!! WOW That ws hands down the coolest thing Ive ever done for my Birthday!!!!! And Well I kinda won an award.. LOL Lets just say I might be getting called SPIN around here for a while.. (6 different full spins in the whole day and not one time in the grass!!)
Rain and slicks will do that but then again I'll do that.. Well I'm beat so I'll let the others do the story telling!! Heres a few race day pics. I have a 256 card ful though.. just gimme time LOL

Yeah it was a MONSOON!!! Water everywhere and some.. And we still went.

Yeah and you guys missed the beast!! Pauls car ws WILD!!

Yeah this will get framed. And I drove it back to the hotel....on these!

Pretty huh?????

PS yeah thats the very first time I met Tina also.. LOL
------------------

Ferrari 308 GTB rebody on a modified 86SE chasis Soon to have a highly hooped up 3800SC..Ohh yeah baby!!
Contacts _ AIM / Zildjianfx _ Yahoo / djdraggin
Remember, always brush your milk, drink your teeth, dont do sleep and get eight hours of drugs.

[This message has been edited by DjDraggin (edited 06-27-2004).]

buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by joeschmotty:
the autocross was fun to watch, and i was told as far as tracks go that it was a very tight course.

i heard it was like racing in your garage.

kcfog (i think?)scorpion

yes, that belongs to Gene Hollandsworth from KC

i left early this morning and it was raining pretty bad so i dont know how things went out there for the track racing today. im sure if they did it, it wasnt very good as it was raining hard.

not true... first we learned how to drive on a wet track.
there was standing water on different spots on the track and in the latter part of apex, there was two turns that you were just about finished with and BOOM you were driving through a water fall,
hoping once the water cleared off of your windshield you wouldn't see a car directly in front of you
and then there were the two turns with water that "DJSPINNER" liked so much.

how he was able to spin out on a straight away is another story.

i even spun Lings big ol butt around at the Alligator Pit but everyone kept it on the track and no cars touched any other cars or the wall

i just might be that pff guy you were saying took pics of everyones' cars because i have almost 200 on my camera.

no, this guy was from colorado, so that means you should be able to get your pics up first

JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisDirect Link to This Post
Well a couple of us stayed up with FieroX all night replacing both head gaskets, which won him the hard-luck award, but i'll wait and let him tell the story. He started at 2 in the afternoon, finished at 6 in the morning. Had a great time though, autocross was fun, seein the red t-top gt push his limits on drifting til' he spun it (sorry, not good at names). Also there was stricker having a close encounter with a gazebo and flagman (got a good laugh out of that one) with his orange finale. The hopped up drag-race between fierox & a drag corvette, still wishin x had won, but he accidentally put it in low when he launched and had to shift into 3rd on his auto. I think he pulled a 12.10 with a tranny that wasn't wantin to shift. Also there was racingman24's install onto amir's (sorry if i biffed the name) red formula, he was working side by side with fierox on an HID light install, almost stuck through the whole night, but he crashed on us. I had a great time, and it was a great first show for me. Got to meet a couple new people and surely saw almost everyone, always good to put faces on the names. Lookin forward to the next show!

Edit: I'll post pic's of rare87gt's car in someone else's parking spot in the hotel lot

Here's a pic of the lot from where my car was.

Tina's car looking beautiful as always. Received best in class, best of show, and people's choice, congrats tina!

X's head gaskets, that's what 36lbs of unexpected boost does, luckily that's all he could find wrong!

Here's a pic of us in the morning JUST getting done with x's car, what a night!

------------------

91k Miles, 2nd owner

[This message has been edited by JamesCurtis (edited 06-27-2004).]

JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisDirect Link to This Post

JamesCurtis

2019 posts
Member since Oct 2003
*bump

before it hits page 2 history

RickN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RickNSend a Private Message to RickNDirect Link to This Post

I know I’ve see pics of this car here before. I think these side vents are the best.

I like this, I always wondered why Pontiac didn't put a vent on the passenger side of the car.

------------------
RickN
White 88GT 5spd - Grey Interior
White 85GT Auto - Grey Interior

Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post

... and look up just in time to see this…

Why you little %^$#

... catching me elbow deep in my engine.
You know rather than taking advantage of the situation, taking the picture and all,
you could of helped me, by pulling me back out.
I was rather stuck

Some of my pics ...

The usual hangout.

Even though it's still in the primer mod ... nicely pulled together. I liked that one.

Another one of my favorites. Forgot the name of the two sisters that own it though. (Perhaps they will introduce themselfs later)

[This message has been edited by Tina (edited 06-28-2004).]

Tina

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post
Time for the drags ...

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Looks like the orange car got smoke'd?
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

So he was either:
A. Too busy detailing to talk.

I’m gonna hope for A.

I am so sorry if I didn't seem interesting in talking...I just got into Topeka at about 10 pm on Friday after driving 15 hours through torrential rain...I wanted to spend a little time detailing on Saturday before relaxing to talk to people. I'd be more than happy to talk to you about that mod or any other. By the way I returned to Houston on Sunday so it was a long drive weekend.

------------------
If you find my advice useful, then please give me a positive rating, thanks...

1988 GT (Firebird Interior),1988 Coupe (Daily Driver), 1985 SE (Project Car), 1985 Coupe (parts car), Firebird Interior Installation Website

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 06-28-2004).]

Tina

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post

R runners new and improved car.
Very impressive. Done well.
...Paul You gotta fix that tire spin though.
Doing it thru out the entire 1/4 mile is a bit exsessive.

He's got the matching tow mobile too. Nice.

And ... one of my new favorites of my car ...

BTW It now officially has a nickname ... Little "Swiss Army" knife.
(Sure looks like one when you open it all up)

Tina

PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Craig,
Our display area was directly behind TIna's, we were distracted the entire day. BTW, She never did come over and help clean the Pantero. Some very slick rides, very glad I went.

------------------
Ron
02 Dodge Ram Diesel with 32 foot Gooseneck Fiero Transport.
If you can read this, thank a teacher. It's in english, therefore you can thank a Soldier.

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Let me post a few pics of cars I really liked.

more to come later...time to rest

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 06-28-2004).]

Tina

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Our display area was directly behind TIna's, we were distracted the entire day.

Hehe, ... remember who followed who around in the parking lot.

Short of attacking your car behind the ears with a Q-Tip, I don't think you'd find any.
I could stand to be corrected though, we'd need an expert opinion though.
... Mr. Clean ... the only guy to arrive at the hotel with two bags of cleaning supplies, but no car of his own
to use it on.

Anybody know who that might be.

Tina

Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticDirect Link to This Post

Hi Tina!

Tina

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boomtastic:

Hi Tina!

Careful

Somebody just might look thru their pictures, only to find a "Long haired Hippie" looking guy
in "Tie Dye" and decide to plaster it on the forum.

Tina

BTW MsBeth ...Alex loved the coloring book.
Slight problem though ... over the weekend his crayons fell victim to one of his experiments.
Something about his little Ice cream machine and slushies. Got to investigate that tommorow.

[This message has been edited by Tina (edited 06-28-2004).]

ZeroC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZeroCClick Here to visit ZeroC's HomePageSend a Private Message to ZeroCDirect Link to This Post
Tina The Newest Daisy Duke lol

------------------
Zero C's 86 Gt Fastback
"This car is so good looking its almost indecent. - AutoWeek on the new 1986 GT"

Mods Include :Crx Cold Air Intake, Pontiacsound Box, Mustang Hood Scoop
Zeros Home Page
MSN Messanger tylercaddick@hotmail.com

Ancaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AncasterSend a Private Message to AncasterDirect Link to This Post
so where are teh 1/4 mile times I want to see who did what specially paul!
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
Look's like I missed another great show, as usual!
Thank's for the picture's everyone, and I hope that EVERYONE that traveled made it home safely!

------------------
www.NAFALCustoms@aol.com
Custom Built -- W I D E B O D Y-- GT!!
One of One!!

Click here for---> NAFAL Custom's...Fiero Aftermarket part's
Click here for--->New Fascia's for all Fiero's

joeschmotty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joeschmottySend a Private Message to joeschmottyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ancaster:

so where are teh 1/4 mile times I want to see who did what specially paul!

on my video camera if you would like to see sometime!

Will-Martin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post
I did not get many pictures on the show day, but I did get a few on the way up there, and the night X rebuilt his engine.

Here is Wholf "playing nice" with a Corvette Grand Sport on the way to the show.

Here is Chris West's Turbo car.

Engine shot of the polished & blown 3.4 TDC.

Auto Cross Winner (don't know the name, but the car is unreal.)

And this is of course - The Great Pumpkin threading the needle on the last turn.

--Will

[This message has been edited by Will-Martin (edited 06-28-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
Will-Martin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Will-Martin

1164 posts
Member since Aug 2002
Here is the night crew keeping X company while waiting for the head gaskets to arrive.

Just so X would not feel alone in the dead of night, Racingman24 installed an HID headlight system into Amir's Rare88.

X Overjoyed when the gaskets finally get there.

Heads going back on at around 3:00 A.M.??

And finally, the best mod of them all - The 12.10 cupholder.

YEAH, YOU KANSAS GUYS ARE HARD CORE MAN!!!

I would like to thank CFOGI for putting on such a wonderful show. I can not say enough about how great the venue was, and how much fun I had. Heartland should definately be considered for the annual event next year for it central location and great facilities. It was great meeting everyone, and seeing so many fantastic Fieros all in one spot (not to mention their talented owners). Maybe next year one of my 4 will be in running order and I can compete!!

Night all!

--Will

[This message has been edited by Will-Martin (edited 06-28-2004).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DjDraggin:
won an award.. LOL Lets just say I might be getting called SPIN around here for a while.. (6 different full spins in the whole day and not one time in the grass!!)

We should change his name to DjSideways.

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tina:

Hehe, ... remember who followed who around in the parking lot.

Short of attacking your car behind the ears with a Q-Tip, I don't think you'd find any.
I could stand to be corrected though, we'd need an expert opinion though.
... Mr. Clean ... the only guy to arrive at the hotel with two bags of cleaning supplies, but no car of his own
to use it on.

Anybody know who that might be.

Tina

? Huh?

Oh, I assume you are talking about when you moved and then we moved the Pantero, well the same guy that asked you to move put us behind you again. I assure you that being placed between your car and Archies car is not an advantage. Thought I was going to get tripped over several times.

As far as cleaning the Pantero, Dave gets all of the credit, I was just trying to get him some help. Someone had to hold the chairs and cooler down in that Kansas wind. Great Show, can't wait till next year.

------------------
Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 06-28-2004).]

mypontiac2

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mypontiac2Send a Private Message to mypontiac2Direct Link to This Post
Yeah, That's mister Hardluck award from dells. I heard he got suckered in doing judging.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Anyone got more pics of these cars ??

Somebody's car who was in grey primer:

The powder blue car with the mirrored panels

and also wholfee's black ferrari.

Looks like it was a great show, wish i could have made it !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 06-28-2004).]

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the pics everyone. If there are more we'd love to see them too.

This show looked like major fun. I'de have loved to get out there and race.

------------------
-Chris - Custom Gun Metal 86 GT 3.4 5spd
3.4 SOLD & 4.9 PURCHASED

"It's too low, too rough, too loud, drinks gas, it's totally impractical, but damn good lookin. In other words, It's almost perfect!"
Build up tread or MODS w/ Pics

88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Looks like the orange car got smoke'd?

Nope look at the light tree... That Fiero Got a red light. Jumped the gun a little.

XRacer Pro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XRacer ProClick Here to visit XRacer Pro's HomePageSend a Private Message to XRacer ProDirect Link to This Post
I agree it WAS a great show and I'm glad that I got to meet some PFF members in person! Thanks to all who helped me (Will, Mike, Wholf, WCF) with my small issues that popped up during the 3 days we were there too. I have to give FieroX another kudos for getting his car fixed and ready to go for the track...absolutely awesome!! Anyway, here's a link to mine and Wholf's pics...enjoy!

http://www.tekchip.com/ferrari/shows/wheatstock/index.htm

[This message has been edited by XRacer Pro (edited 06-28-2004).]

fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
I wanted to thank everyone that stayed up and helped me get the X machine back together in time for the show. Will-Martin is one crazy guy. Stayed there all night, supplying food and drink and always an extra hand for the extravaganza. JamesCurtis and his friend also stayed up all night helping whenever needed, and supplying much needed moral support getting things going. I still owe all of you guys rides in my car. (Where were you guys after the awards?)

So heres a quick summary of what exactly happened. Somehow while trying to get my transmission line pressure tweaked (making passes on a lesser traveled road about 1/2 mile from the hotel) I blew off the vacuum/boost line that goes to my wastegate. Well as you turbo guys know, this is a very bad thing to have happen. What this allows is for my turbo to free spool, and nothing will keep it from maxing itself out and boosting whatever it is capable of. I didnt happen to look at my boost gauge, I was keeping an eye on my knock readings. According to my compressor map, this turbo is capable of about 34 psi of boost on my engine. At these levels of pressure my engine would of been making in the neighborhood of 740 crankshaft horsepower. It actually held for 2 passes. The first pass I was wondering what the hell was going on, because i got an unusual amount of knock (18 counts on a 40-70 mph pass), but what was scary is that I let off at 70 mph because I was spinning the tires. And no it wasnt wet . So on the next pass about 40 mph, I heard boom, pop, and a bang to look back and see a huge plume of smoke pouring out. I immedately shut off the key and coasted to a stop. I got out and at first expected to find a blown oil line or something, but nope, I actually had head gasket poking out the side of the block, and almost touching the transmission (I know many people have pix of this) it was so amazing. I started the car, accelerated to 40 mph, and turned it off (ran it for 20 seconds or so), and coasted all the way back to the hotel parking lot. I made a few calls, rounded up the parts, (in wichita, topeka doesnt have crap for auto parts, have to order everything) and I immedately started tearing it apart. This was at about 7 pm. By midnight, I had the entire top half torn apart, all the gasket surfaces clean and I was ready for gaskets. By 1 am, my gaskets arrived (Thanks to Amirs friend Jessica who brought them up from Wichita) and by 6:30 everything was reassembled and was ready for the oil changes. I had to change the oil 4 times to get all of the water out of the engine. I finally made it to the track by 11:30 or so for the show. Still no sleep. But I made it. I made a few passes, starting off slow, and easing her down the track to a 14.02 at 101 (8 psi of boost). Then I kept my foot in it all the way at 8 psi, with a 50 shot on the launch, and hit a 12.53 at 110 I think. Maybe it was 115. Im still having problems with my tranny shifting, but Im sure darth and I will get it sorted out soon. I then pumped up the boost back to normal levels (17 psi) and ran a 12.10 at 121 mph, with it hitting the rev limiter in every gear, having to let off the gas for it to shift, and then hammer it, wait to respool the turbo and do it all again at the top of that gear. Oh well. Im glad my car made it home and I think the engine will be fine. I guess time will tell.

It was nice meeting everyone, and putting new faces and names behind the screen names ive seen forever. Hope to see you all again at the next meet.

Ryan

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock