Started on: 01-13-2004 05:40 AM
Replies: 241
Last post by: blakeinspace on 01-17-2004 02:14 PM
derangedsheep

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for derangedsheepSend a Private Message to derangedsheepDirect Link to This Post
Cliff! i love the new format. at first, i thought my PC was screwed up, but it rules. i find it harder to get lost in what im reading. i used to have to highlight along as i would read so i didnt get screwed up

I own page 3! woo

[This message has been edited by derangedsheep (edited 01-13-2004).]

IP: Logged
Razor_Wing

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Razor_WingSend a Private Message to Razor_WingDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, it does look GREAT!!! And the computer I'm on seems to like it more, lol! Who's the luckey one that got to get their car at the top..?

------------------

www.freewebs.com/fierogti

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
On the question of harder to read Cliff I will pass on some information I learn't studying graphic arts. It was to take into account people with even the slightest problems with their eyes. Not all though of course. Basically for some reason light text on a dark background is hard to read and can cause headaches. Go figure. I used to do dark background web sites until I had complaints from some site owners.

Just typing this message is making my right eye (my weak one) twitch. Prolonged usage will cause a headache so perhaps that is a good thing. We know when we have been reading the forum too long now

On a side note would it be possible to make the body text areas of the topics a closer colour to each other so us transparent gif sig owners won't go through hell tying to match the 2 colours with a common transparent colour?

Tabs31

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tabs31Send a Private Message to Tabs31Direct Link to This Post
Cliff it looks 100 % better. Can we add avtars also?

------------------

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:

On the question of harder to read Cliff I will pass on some information I learn't studying graphic arts. It was to take into account people with even the slightest problems with their eyes. Not all though of course. Basically for some reason light text on a dark background is hard to read and can cause headaches. Go figure. I used to do dark background web sites until I had complaints from some site owners.

Yes, I know. That's why I always used dark text on light backgrounds. But, dark backgrounds are popular nowadays, and I have to go with the times.

Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
Hey Cliff, since you are the administrator, I was wondering if you can make it so I can give YOU more then 1 rating? I mean 1 positive just doesn't do you justice
Wholf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post
WHooa!! Looks great, especially on high res monitors.
Thanks for everything...

------------------
Harold
308 Rebody on 85GT Chassis
Custom 2000 Firebird Interior
3800SC 3.4 Pulley w/WCF Headers & Reprogrammed PCM
Complete Suspension & Brake Upgrade

Puck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PuckClick Here to visit Puck's HomePageSend a Private Message to PuckDirect Link to This Post
I DON"T LIKE IT

I LOVE IT

Adam

great work cliff

------------------

DjDraggin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DjDragginSend a Private Message to DjDragginDirect Link to This Post
On a 110" screen THIS IS PERFECT!!!!!! I love it.. This will be sooo much easier on my eyes late at night other then a Huge white screen to surf all night long. The colors are a lovely neutral shade. NO brights, pastels, or Well stuff like my Photo..lol

Keep up the great work and Happy Bday!!! wheres the party!!!!

------------------

Remember, always brush your milk, drink your teeth, dont do sleep and get eight hours of drugs.

30+mpg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
Darkness has fallen across my screen and it really sucks!!!!!

http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Thud.gif

What do I have to do to get a skin download to put things back they way they were for my computer?

http://www.breakingtaboo.com/img/e/shrug.gif

Plus the smiley links appear to be no longer functional. SIGH....

[This message has been edited by 30+mpg (edited 01-13-2004).]

Electrathon

Feedback score:    (39)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 254
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

I really don't see what's so hard to read (please be more specific). The orange on the dark background when you view the topic list is very clear on all my monitors here (both CRT and LCD monitors). The white on the dark background is very clear too, maybe even a bit too clear (too much contrast).

All text that is hard to read, was meant to be hard to read, i.e. it was meant to be as less obvious as possible (like the text "IP: Logged" or "This message has been edited by...").

Everything that is still blue (like the number of ratings, and the text "Thank you for posting") still needs to be changed since I wasn't able to test everything.

So again, I'm not sure what exactly is so hard to read...

I realize I may be of the older generation here (I am 41) but what it feels like to me is that I am in a dark room looking at a flashlight, very tiring on the eyes. I can not even make out certian things, like the number of ratings and the page numbers at the bottom when there are multiple pages. I can read the white on the black background a little better, just harder than it was before. I have to force myself to focus on it, where before I could simply look at it and read it. I can easily see the stuff in the right side of the page with the lighter blue background.

I think the description from Aus is acurate.

I do like the more modern look, a lot. Just there is no way I could sit here for an hour and look at it. I think it is a matter of form over function or function over form.

PFF
System Bot
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

I really don't see what's so hard to read (please be more specific). So again, I'm not sure what exactly is so hard to read...

I have not rated this person and thats hard to read, and the different page numbers.

i'll post more as i notice them.

rubyredfiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rubyredfieroSend a Private Message to rubyredfieroDirect Link to This Post
Cliff, change is good and it's a good change.
I like it and so do most of us in the PFF.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierobsessed:

Hey Cliff, since you are the administrator, I was wondering if you can make it so I can give YOU more then 1 rating? I mean 1 positive just doesn't do you justice

Brown-noser j/k

I like it for now, a lot easier than the white screen that blinds you on the search page

Just a suggestion to everyone who has trouble.....................can't the tint, contrast, & color be adjusted on your monitor ??? Just wondering ???

------------------

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 01-13-2004).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by buddycraigg:

I have not rated this person and thats hard to read

Ok, that has nothing to do with if you have rated him or not. Everybody that hasn't been rated in the past month will show the blue text because the ystem hasn't updated that piece of HTML code. That's something that will solve itself eventually (as soon as somebody rates that person).

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
I'm loving it! Also, there ain't nothing wrong with having a bad after market Fiero pic with rims on it, when you're loging on the page.

Cliff. would be nice too have it change cars every 4 or 5 sec?

------------------

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Electrathon:

I realize I may be of the older generation here (I am 41) but what it feels like to me is that I am in a dark room looking at a flashlight, very tiring on the eyes. I can not even make out certian things, like the number of ratings and the page numbers at the bottom when there are multiple pages. I can read the white on the black background a little better, just harder than it was before. I have to force myself to focus on it, where before I could simply look at it and read it. I can easily see the stuff in the right side of the page with the lighter blue background.

I think the description from Aus is acurate.

I do like the more modern look, a lot. Just there is no way I could sit here for an hour and look at it. I think it is a matter of form over function or function over form.

This matches my thoughts almost exactly.

For those saying the screen doesn't look right because of an old monitor or improper settings, I have a 15" LCD screen (laptop) and can only adjust brightness. The old setup just seemed much easier on the eyes, especially after longer periods of time. I now find my eyes bugging out after 30 minutes or so.

Bryce
88 GT

buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
have you changed anything in the last hour,
i just got home form work and it seems much better now.
(i wonder if the work computer is weak on a color)
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

have you changed anything in the last hour,
i just got home form work and it seems much better now.
(i wonder if the work computer is weak on a color)

Nope, haven't changed anything.

The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
LOOKS AWESOME!!! Just... DAMN!!! lol! I love the site... screamin gordeous!

Happy Birthday PFF!! Been here for a few of em... gonna stay for a few more!

------------------
"Raced That, Wrecked Better" ~In Memory Of Jesse Cesek~ 1980-2000
US Armored Cavalry - Fox 2/81 - Death By 120 - 1 Shot 1 Kill

Mastermind

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 207
User Banned

Report this Post01-13-2004 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindDirect Link to This Post

I can read this better than the previous version. Now Cliff, if you could only enable the site to allow us to enlarge the text.
PFF
System Bot
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
in this thread.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/043557.html
the quotes are empty
sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post

The white on the dark background is very clear too, maybe even a bit too clear (too much contrast).

I think this is the main "problem." I think a not-so-bright color would work a little better on the darker background. Just my opinion. I love the look overall.

FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
Guess i am with the minority as well. but reading the forum now really hurts my eyes and my head. I hate think i wont be able to read the forum much anymore, but i have been getting a headache now after reading for the last 30 minutes or so. I can only hope my eyes/brain will get used to it in a few days, but i dont think its going to happen. Not sure if i will be missed or not, but will definately miss a ton of people here. take care guys and gals. I have had a blast here on Pennocks Fiero Forum.
Thanks Cliff,

------------------
-Monkey

30+mpg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
Do I have to stay stuck in this "mud" background?
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMonkey:

take care guys and gals. I have had a blast here on Pennocks Fiero Forum.

Wait, am I understanding correctly you are leaving the forum because of the colors?!

Now I've heard them all!

buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
my work computer must be weak on a color (and the brightness is up all the way)
because you could not see the square box around buttons like this one...
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

buddycraigg

13603 posts
Member since Jul 2002

Now I've heard them all!

maybe not...
a frenchman, an american, and a lawyer walk into a bar...

the bartender says, "what is this, a joke?"

Tagueule

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TagueuleDirect Link to This Post
Much better
FieroHarry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post
Cliff, once again youve proved "beyond the shadow of a doubt"..............................................

YOU DA MAN!

Love the new format, great job as always.

------------------

"If you want to blend in, take the bus!"
fieroharry@yahoo.com
FOCOSEVA & CFOG-I
FieroHarryW AOIM

FieroHarry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post

FieroHarry

1809 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Cliff, the "Please wait while we submit your changes" page is still in the old format.........................
PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

in this thread.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/043557.html
the quotes are empty

Hmmm. Yes, some older threads may have some errors in them while really old threads will still display in the old colors. I can probably solve that, but I'll have to wait until it's less busy on the forum since that's quite a server intensive task.

fierogt3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3Send a Private Message to fierogt3Direct Link to This Post
i love it

------------------
FieroGt3 Website! Check it out.

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Ok, now I've made the "Quote Boxes" darker. Is that better? Or is the black text too dark now?
30+mpg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post

Wait, am I understanding correctly you are leaving the forum because of the colors?!

Now I've heard them all!

No, he left because of the HEADACHE he got from his eyestrain.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 30+mpg:

No, he left because of the HEADACHE he got from his eyestrain.

Yes, you've made it clear on three occasions now you don't like the new color scheme. I got the message the first time.

[This message has been edited by Cliff Pennock (edited 01-13-2004).]

30+mpg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post

Yes, you've made it clear on three occasions now you don't like the new color scheme. I got the message the first time.

Excellent!! Now what must one do to download a configurable skin?

454Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 454FieroSend a Private Message to 454FieroDirect Link to This Post
'

[This message has been edited by 454Fiero (edited 04-12-2004).]

Wil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WilSend a Private Message to WilDirect Link to This Post

Ok, now I've made the "Quote Boxes" darker. Is that better? Or is the black text too dark now?

Sorry Cliff but I find it harder to read the quotes now

edit: Problem solved now

[This message has been edited by Wil (edited 01-13-2004).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Well I got to tell you I am just the opposite of what most are bitching about.
I am able to read the new format a lot better than the old format.
The light colors were hard on my eyes and on long posts I would actually ctrl+a just to be able to read them.
I like what has been done. Give it some time and if you do have something you don’t like or find hard to read submit it and give Cliff a chance to look at it.

<< thats funny

------------------
Jake
Red 1986 GT 5 Speed
Gold1986 SE 4 Speed
Black 1985 GT Auto
Visit my Fiero Page

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C