New Format by Gokart Mozart
Started on: 01-13-2004 05:40 AM
Replies: 241
Last post by: blakeinspace on 01-17-2004 02:14 PM
Coinage

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoinageClick Here to visit Coinage's HomePageSend a Private Message to CoinageDirect Link to This Post
I think it looks awesome!Keep up the good up Cliff!
IP: Logged
intlcutlass

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for intlcutlassSend a Private Message to intlcutlassDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skitime:

Sorry I don't like the dark words on dark background. Example the topics I have already choosen are too dark for weak eyes.

You wussy...... j/k

mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post
Looks like there is going to be not only a color change here on the board, but Im going to have to change the "standard color" that I use to post, as green is now VERY hard to see...

There "she" be....

Lets all welcome the new format, which like the knife edge styling of the new "Caddies" will grow on ya!

[This message has been edited by mcaanda (edited 01-13-2004).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
This is "Deep Sky Blue

Gets my vote.

(Although you really don't want to quote that color)

[This message has been edited by Cliff Pennock (edited 01-13-2004).]

ZeroC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZeroCClick Here to visit ZeroC's HomePageSend a Private Message to ZeroCDirect Link to This Post
Man This Is So Sweet ..Me Likey The New Color Format!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Zero C's 86 Gt Fastback
"This car is so good looking its almost indecent. - AutoWeek on the new 1986 GT"

Vin Number: 1G2PG9793GP249577
Many Mods
Zeros Home Page
MSN Messanger tylercaddick@hotmail.com

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
ooooh all we need are more smilies wow I was wondering if I came to the right site at first.. thought I went to another board, this kicks butt in my mind! I like it!

------------------
88 5spd Modified 3800 Series II SC Formula
Modifications 2004 - Intercooler | 2.8 pulley | 1 inch drop | Interior | 17 inch wheels

CC Rider

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
Happy B-day PPF and the site looks great !!!
Reality

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post
Cliff,
Forum looks awesome. I was very surprised when I logged in, but at least it dosen't look like I am the only one.

One artistic thing that is butting me though is in the header. Your Pennocks Fiero Forum logo, looks bit stuck ontop of the new banner. Point I am trying to get across is this, you obviously spent time creating the header and makeing it look stylish and very blended. And then there is the Pennocks logo looking very flat and pased ontop of the formentioned banner. Personally I would like to see something done to blend it in a bit and maybe bring it up to make and make it look a bit more 3D.

* the above is just my opinion, it is not meant to portray any ill toward others. *

------------------

Get the Wallpapers here! and Get the T-Shirts here!

Reality

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post

Reality

1026 posts
Member since Nov 1999
EEK looks like I need to mod the signature now!

But the forum still looks good

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Reality:

Personally I would like to see something done to blend it in a bit and maybe bring it up to make and make it look a bit more 3D.

You mean like this? (might need to hit Refresh before you see the change)

naskie18

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

That looks much better

And the new color scheme rules!! (Although it did really confuse me for a minute when I got up this morning a little after six and was nice and tired and came to check out the forum and saw this....now that was an interesting way to wake up )

[EDIT]
To remove sig
[/EDIT]

[This message has been edited by naskie18 (edited 01-13-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
naskie18

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post

naskie18

6258 posts
Member since Jun 2002
I need to get the black text out of the top line of my sig, though, thats impossible to read.

Orange is nice

------------------
Nick www.naskie18.com AIM: Naskie182010

[This message has been edited by naskie18 (edited 01-13-2004).]

Reality

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post

Cliff,
Forum looks awesome. I was very surprised when I logged in, but at least it dosen't look like I am the only one.

One artistic thing that is butting me though is in the header. Your Pennocks Fiero Forum logo, looks bit stuck ontop of the new banner. Point I am trying to get across is this, you obviously spent time creating the header and makeing it look stylish and very blended. And then there is the Pennocks logo looking very flat and pased ontop of the formentioned banner. Personally I would like to see something done to blend it in a bit and maybe bring it up to make and make it look a bit more 3D.

* the above is just my opinion, it is not meant to portray any ill toward others. *

I was thinking something like this:

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

I was thinking something like this:

Aaaaargh!

Seriously, I want the PFF logo to be flat. 3D-logo's are so... 2003.

MikeH

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MikeHSend a Private Message to MikeHDirect Link to This Post
Just got my cable modem hooked up this morning and imagine my surprise when the first place I go looks so totally different!
I just thought to myself - what have they done? Anyway, I really like it -- way to go Cliff

Mike

Czechfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CzechfieroSend a Private Message to CzechfieroDirect Link to This Post
Very nice job, Cliff! Thaks for all.

Luba

Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
The new color scheme looks really good! It definately gives the forum a more modern look. Can the light blue in the quote boxes be toned down a bit? They seem to be really bright off the dark background. Also, for threads with multiple page numbers, its almost impossible to read the page numbers. Both the blue before its clicked on, and the pink after are very hard to read. Can they be brightened up? Sorry for the nit-picks, overall I think its great!!
Red86SEautox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red86SEautoxClick Here to visit Red86SEautox's HomePageSend a Private Message to Red86SEautoxDirect Link to This Post
Great Work Cliff! I Love the new Look!
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
At least 2 thumbs up!! What a treat. Great work as always and a welcome change. Thanx again, Cliff!!!

Dave

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Ouch! I think I just hurt my eyes while jumping to the good ol' search page - Being able to compare the two side-by-side I definitely find that I prefer the the darker color scheme!
GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post

Aaaaargh!

Seriously, I want the PFF logo to be flat. 3D-logo's are so... 2003.

dunno cliff, i think the 3Dish one that Reality made looks better

hey i just noticed that now on a mutli page thread it takes you back to your post after you post it instead of the 1st page!

[This message has been edited by GTFiero1 (edited 01-13-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
Love the changes....especially the car on the header!

------------------

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

Love the changes....especially the car on the header!

You don't mind, do you? I was going to ask you, but I completely forgot about it!

REDHOTT88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for REDHOTT88Send a Private Message to REDHOTT88Direct Link to This Post
Very Nice!!! Awsome color scheme....

Except for.. while your "waiting" for the reply to "post" in the new page, the small purple lettering is really hard to see.

------------------
REDHOTT88

[This message has been edited by REDHOTT88 (edited 01-14-2004).]

p8ntman442

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for p8ntman442Click Here to visit p8ntman442's HomePageSend a Private Message to p8ntman442Direct Link to This Post
this change was deffinatly needed, I am a member of many forums and this is a great changge much easyier ont he eyes and a real pleasure over all. Good deal!!!!!!!!!
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Okay the dark backgrounds are refreshing and kind of easy on the eyes, but the blue letters on blue background are all but invisible on my laptop. Its a high resolution monitor with millions of colors so it's not the monitor. Not complaining, but I would suggest changing the blue letters to either white or black.

smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelDirect Link to This Post

Gotta chime in here myself. I like the idea of change, but man, it's kinda hard on the eyes. I'm only 28, but ARGHH.. especially the mall listings. The small orange print is a bear. (I'm on LCD monitor) I mean, it does look a lot cooler, but if you go to an older section of the forum, it's a bit easier to skim through listing with the other color scheme. Again, I'll admit it's a lot cooler looking now, but also harder to sit and read for hours without getting a headache.(Guess I'll end up getting more work done, though. I wear contacts. Every time I blink, the text wiggles and takes a second to stop. WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.. blinked.
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
i guess i'm in the old croud.
"rate this member" of people that i have not rated yet is too dark to see if i didn't know it was there i would miss it.
i like the dark back ground, but some of the letter are too dark.

EDIT and i couldn't even see the screen where it says "something something, if you dont want to wait anymore click here"

[This message has been edited by buddycraigg (edited 01-13-2004).]

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
Cliff....Heck no I don't mind! It is certainly an honor! I bet I am the only one that had both of his cars in the PFF header! (GBCT in the last one). You can use my images for ANYTHING.

Joel

------------------

Wil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WilSend a Private Message to WilDirect Link to This Post
Looks good Cliff. Are you going to be changing the search page too?

By the way I don't see much difference between links that I have visited and the ones that I have not. It might just be me

[This message has been edited by Wil (edited 01-13-2004).]

DotTC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mcaanda:

Looks like there is going to be not only a color change here on the board, but Im going to have to change the "standard color" that I use to post, as green is now VERY hard to see...

There "she" be....

Lets all welcome the new format, which like the knife edge styling of the new "Caddies" will grow on ya!

The green was hard to read before.

------------------
"We're sorry, but the recipient you've entered does not wish to receive private/instant messages from you"

PFF
System Bot
webbee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for webbeeSend a Private Message to webbeeDirect Link to This Post
Nice job Cliff!
Did you change the software or is this just a tweek to the existing software?
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
Count me among the people that like the changes, Cliff! It took me by surprise...but didn't take long to know I liked it!

------------------

Mike...86 GT 4 Speed
"Sucks to be me..."

Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post
I LIKE! Only issue I see tho is regular BLUE is hard to read so it will need to be changed (like the number of ratings, etc).

------------------
power corrupts. absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Custom GM Chip Burning | Fiero Engine Conversions | Turbocharging | dtcc.cz28.com

stevenrossi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stevenrossiSend a Private Message to stevenrossiDirect Link to This Post
It'll grow on me - Looks sharp

Steve

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
I'm one of the old guys and hard to see some of the contrast of dark colors on a black background. The faded tread title, once read becomes too dark to see clearly and read.
Reality

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post
I was sitting here looking at the screen and it dawned on me that what I was finding so cool about the new look was the awesome shading in the background. The it hit me that the shading is from the LCD screen I was trying to figure out how the screen faded from black in the upper corner to dark grey in the lower corner. I feel so dumb now.
My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post
BAD AZZZZ!!! I love it! I like the way you keep things fresh Cliff!
Electrathon

Feedback score:    (39)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 254
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
If you scan all the text with your mouse it is much more readable. The more I look at it and tip the monitor (it is a flat screan) the more that I am seeing test that is invisible to me.

I do think it looks way more modern, but tough to read.

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
I really don't see what's so hard to read (please be more specific). The orange on the dark background when you view the topic list is very clear on all my monitors here (both CRT and LCD monitors). The white on the dark background is very clear too, maybe even a bit too clear (too much contrast).

All text that is hard to read, was meant to be hard to read, i.e. it was meant to be as less obvious as possible (like the text "IP: Logged" or "This message has been edited by...").

Everything that is still blue (like the number of ratings, and the text "Thank you for posting") still needs to be changed since I wasn't able to test everything.

So again, I'm not sure what exactly is so hard to read...

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock