Started on: 06-20-2002 11:16 PM
Replies: 190
Last post by: Ronnie on 09-23-2002 10:56 AM
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2002 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
The Georgia Fiero Club has secured a hotel for the "Run For The Hills Number 7" (RFTH7) event to be held in North Georgia, September 20-22. The host hotel is the Comfort Inn in Dawsonville, Ga., home of Awesome Bill Elliott. The hotel is less than a year old and is located next to Ga. Hwy. 400. The rate our president has negotiated is $49 per night. This is almost half off the going rate for the season. The only "gotcha" is that to secure that rate, they had to increase the cancellation minimum time to one week. If you cancel less than a week before arrival date, you will be charged $49 to your card.

Amenities include the North Georgia Premium Outlets, just across the street, too many fast food restaurants to list, 24 hour supermarkets, and even a NAPA Auto Parts close enough to walk to if need be. Lake Lanier (565 mile shoreline) is 10 minutes away. The hotel serves a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, and offers in-room coffee, etc. The newly-opened Thunder Road USA NASCAR Museum/Hall of Fame is half a mile away, with many amenities for racing fans.

Hotel Info:

Comfort Inn
Beartooth Parkway
Dawsonville, Ga. 30534
Tel: (706) 216 1900
Contact Isabelle Kim, Manager

Mention the Fiero Club Activity to get the $49 rate. The Georgia Fiero Club will be publishing more information and updates in the near future.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2002 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Is this the Deals Gap thingie?
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2002 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Hey, Philo:

No, but it does go through NEAL's Gap, where the Apalachian Trail crosses. Deal's Gap is in North Carolina, while this is in Georgia. Since I just joined the club and have not participated in previous years, I don't know just where the course will take us. If you and Tater are wandering around down this way, come join in. Tater can even drive his Toyota truck if he wishes. Though I will be in Denver that weekend, I'm trying to promote this as much as possible, since the proceeds will go to a charity. The Ga. Fiero Club is a non-profit charitable organization.

Bob Englert

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2002 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bob EnglertSend a Private Message to Bob EnglertDirect Link to This Post
Hey Phil;

We can go through Deal's Gap on the way to the run. Let me know and I will drive through with you. Any excuse for a run through Deal's Gap is good for me!

------------------
Bob
2 - 87 GT's
85 SE 4 cyl

Phil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2002 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Isn't there a Fiero group that puts on a Deals Gap rally every year?
Ronnie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2002 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Hey Phil , Bob. Chuck, Fierochild, rode thru the deals gap "Dragon Tail" last weekend coming up to Pigeon Forge for the car show.
We need to have a get together there soon , and run that thing!!

------------------

Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2002 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post
The Run To The Hills Group is where the Deals Gap runs started - when we went to Cherokee, NC the first time about 5 years ago. But it seems like every year since, a group of guys goes to Deals Gap at some point during the Run To The Hills gathering. It doesn't matter where we are (its been GA and NC) they go, because its not usually that far away. If you haven't done Deals Gap, you're missing a LOT of fun!! So come on to RFTH 7!! There is no specific group that I am aware of that just does Deals Gap every year.

Originally posted by Phil:
Isn't there a Fiero group that puts on a Deals Gap rally every year?

------------------
Tom Corey
87 Green TTop GT 5Spd V8
88 Yellow TTop GT Stock (For Now)

Bob Englert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2002 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bob EnglertSend a Private Message to Bob EnglertDirect Link to This Post
Deal's Gap is about 3 hours from home for me, so I try to go any time I have an excuse to have the Fiero in western NC.

Bert, Garry, and I drove through on the way to Ed's swap meet a couple of months ago. We had a great time except for the old couple on the Gold Wing that would not let us by. I have developed a real hatred for Gold Wing riders after that trip.

Lyn & I are looking forward to the run in September.

------------------
Bob
2 - 87 GT's
85 SE 4 cyl

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2002 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
Deals Gap (The Dragon) is great. Well worth running through. We have run the Dragon and Sorcerer through it.

Got our reservations for Dawsonville. Hope to meet many of you there!!!

------------------
Frank

Space Coast Fieros -> Florida Fiero Council

[This message has been edited by Dragon (edited 06-21-2002).]

Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2002 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
FYI. Ken Wheeler is the owner of Wheelers Performance motorcycle shop in Robbinsville,N.C.,right there at the "Dragon". He is a new member of the Forum here (Wheelie). He has just recently bought an 85GT dubbed "Dragonslayer". He has invited everyone to stop in and visit whenever you're up there running the Dragon.
Maybe he'll see this thread.

[This message has been edited by Ronnie (edited 06-21-2002).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2002 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Periodic updates can be found at The Georgia Fiero Club website.

The previous URL was incorrect. Sorry.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 06-22-2002).]

PFF
System Bot
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2002 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
I live just an hour from The Dragon's Tail,
And I have taken everything I have ever owned thru there many many times.
But My Fiero's have always been the most fun

Randy

Bob Englert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2002 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bob EnglertSend a Private Message to Bob EnglertDirect Link to This Post
I just found out that I have to attend a trade show that weekend and will not be able to attend. Lyn and I were looking forward to seeing everyone there. What a downer....

Wish we were going, they seem to get better and more folks attending each year.

------------------
Bob
2 - 87 GT's
85 SE 4 cyl

fierochild

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2002 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierochildSend a Private Message to fierochildDirect Link to This Post
As Ronnie said, the wife and I drove the Dragons Tail on our way to Pigion Forge. Unfortunately it it was raining lightly, the road was packed with two wheelers, AND the county was paving the road. All of which made for a SLOW passages through the gap. If that wasn't bad enough, I was driving my show preped car. I had road oil and chips from the fresh paving everywhere. I would love to do the dragon on a clear day No rain, no motorcycles, and no paving, and of coursse leave the MRs. at home.
Looking forward to seeing many of you at the RFTH. I have driven the route we will be using, and I can promise you it's just as much fun as the Dragon Tail, just not quite as long.

Chuck

------------------

Bob Englert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2002 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bob EnglertSend a Private Message to Bob EnglertDirect Link to This Post
What is the Georgia Fiero Club website URL?

------------------
Bob
2 - 87 GT's
85 SE 4 cyl

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2002 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bob Englert:

http://fiero.freeyellow.com/index.html

All you need do is take out the www of the address I previously posted.

Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2002 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
That worked Charlie! Bob , sorry , you have to put up with a bunch of banners , but you will eventually get there.
FieroHarry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2002 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post

Hey Phil;

We can go through Deal's Gap on the way to the run. Let me know and I will drive through with you. Any excuse for a run through Deal's Gap is good for me!

Hey Bob you can count me in for that run.

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2002 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post

I just found out that I have to attend a trade show that weekend and will not be able to attend. Lyn and I were looking forward to seeing everyone there. What a downer....

But, you are going to tell Megan about it so she can make the run, aren't you?

Bob Englert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2002 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bob EnglertSend a Private Message to Bob EnglertDirect Link to This Post
Megan won't have a car for at least the first year she is at GA Tech. Plus after I took her through Deal's Gap when we dropped off the maroon GT at Ed's and picked up her car last winter, I doubt she could be talked into making the run on her own.

------------------
Bob
2 - 87 GT's
85 SE 4 cyl

fierochild

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2002 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierochildSend a Private Message to fierochildDirect Link to This Post
"bump"
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2002 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Last Bump.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2002 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
'nother bump
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2002 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
I'm working on t-shirts for the event. Opinions wanted. I have a vendor who can produce shirts with full color photographs (Fieros on a windy mountain road, maybe?) Would that be preferred over a standard screen print as offered at most meets?

That should be "Fieros on a winding mountain road." Could be windy, too.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 07-14-2002).]

FieroHarry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2002 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post
Any tee shirts are cool with me, as long as the quality is nice.
Last years shirts came out excellant!

------------------

"If you want to blend in, take the bus!"
85GT The "Mistress"

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2002 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Yet another bump...
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2002 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

http://fiero.freeyellow.com/Index.html

------------------

Mary Prankster
100% Rock & Roll

rjotero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2002 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjoteroSend a Private Message to rjoteroDirect Link to This Post
Hi Everyone

To all of you interested on Deals Gap, not to worry a bit... This year's RFTH route include very nice segments of GA60 (downhill), US129{uphill) and the winding road around Rabun Gap. In other words, you will enjoy over 100 miles (out of a total of 222!) of VERY curvy roads. My
only suggestion is make sure your Fiero have good brakes and tires. Remember the tire dust on the cars after RFTH5??? This one will be better! And, if you still want to do Deals Gap, just let us know and we'll set up a weekend to run the RFTH5 route again (Deals Gap is right at the center of the route!)
I will be running a test run of the route of RFTH7 next week. I will try to have video clips and some pictures available soon after.

See you at the Hills!
Ramon

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2002 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
This would be a great run for "Cool Blue" to go on.

I wish it was September already.

I wonder if Ramon will give another great pre-brief like he did at Dahlonega RFTH III?

------------------
Frank

Space Coast Fieros -> Florida Fiero Council

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2002 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post

Dragon

1352 posts
Member since Jun 2001
I just one made by Omar the Tent Maker

XXXL

Thanks

[QUOTE]Originally posted by fierofool:
[B]I'm working on t-shirts for the event. Opinions wanted. I have a vendor who can produce shirts with full color photographs (Fieros on a windy mountain road, maybe?) Would that be preferred over a standard screen print as offered at most meets?

That should be "Fieros on a winding mountain road." Could be windy, too.

Frank Martin
Cocoa, Florida

rjotero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rjoteroSend a Private Message to rjoteroDirect Link to This Post
Hey Frank;

You can count with the briefing session the day (evening?) before the Run.

Ramon

PFF
System Bot
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2002 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
Ramon

My good buddy, I knew I could count on you. Might have to bring video from III - see if you can top that one

Frank

rjotero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2002 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjoteroSend a Private Message to rjoteroDirect Link to This Post
From 'the other ' thread...

OK....
The route has been scouted and video teasers were captured. I tried getting something better to rip the video but ended up with crappy Windows Media - so you've been warned. You might have to save this link and run it from Windows Media Player. It's a shade over 10MB so be patient. I'll post another one later.

Enjoy! http://fearlessdata.com/fiero/RFH7_preview1.WMV

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2002 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
It was soooo nice last year!. I wish I could do it again this year but..

------------------
Alex4mulas :-)
N2O! 3.4!

Roy Grooms

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2002 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Roy GroomsSend a Private Message to Roy GroomsDirect Link to This Post
wow! I well watch for the date this well be, I have an 84 2m4 that I have had 4 four years
beem to runs up here. lots of fun.
I have folks that live in Canton N.C.
I well watch for the dates

Roystoy
84 2m4

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2002 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:
The Georgia Fiero Club has secured a hotel for the "Run For The Hills Number 7" (RFTH7) event to be held in North Georgia, September 20-22. The host hotel is the Comfort Inn in Dawsonville, Ga., home of Awesome Bill Elliott. The hotel is less than a year old and is located next to Ga. Hwy. 400. The rate our president has negotiated is $49 per night. This is almost half off the going rate for the season. The only "gotcha" is that to secure that rate, they had to increase the cancellation minimum time to one week. If you cancel less than a week before arrival date, you will be charged $49 to your card.

Amenities include the North Georgia Premium Outlets, just across the street, too many fast food restaurants to list, 24 hour supermarkets, and even a NAPA Auto Parts close enough to walk to if need be. Lake Lanier (565 mile shoreline) is 10 minutes away. The hotel serves a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, and offers in-room coffee, etc. The newly-opened Thunder Road USA NASCAR Museum/Hall of Fame is half a mile away, with many amenities for racing fans.

Hotel Info:

Comfort Inn
Beartooth Parkway
Dawsonville, Ga. 30534
Tel: (706) 216 1900
Contact Isabelle Kim, Manager

Mention the Fiero Club Activity to get the $49 rate. The Georgia Fiero Club will be publishing more information and updates in the near future.

------------------

Mary Prankster
100% Rock & Roll

b lo 0

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2002 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for b lo 0Click Here to visit b lo 0's HomePageSend a Private Message to b lo 0Direct Link to This Post
Well gee-you guys had to go and talk about this. I was planning on making it this year (the third I will have missed) but my Fiero is acting up again (see my "Timing" thread in Tech). Hey Ronnie, you gonna let me drive one of yours? :-) Maybe if someone could help me figure out this darn car I'll go. My girlfriend is very interested even though she hates getting in and out of the GT. Ronnie-you wanna drop by and help get the GT tripworthy? Or maybe Trav could come over and help me stab in that cam while we're at it...
Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2002 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Hey man , wish I could help out , but I'm still recovering from gallbladder surgery.Still out of work , but not doing a whole lot. Maybe Travis or someone will be able to help out.
Maybe if it's running good enough to make it over to the meeting Saturday , somebody there can set the timing for you.

[This message has been edited by Ronnie (edited 08-05-2002).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2002 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
I'll give you the phone number of Ashby, Don's partner. He's located in Snellville. As you may know, they know Fieros. Check your private messages.
thomas_l

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2002 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thomas_lClick Here to visit thomas_l's HomePageSend a Private Message to thomas_lDirect Link to This Post
I saved one more clip from the scouting trip. This one's heading uphill toward Hiawassee - Enjoy
http://fearlessdata.com/fiero/RFH7_preview2.WMV

Originally posted by rjotero:
From 'the other ' thread...

OK....
The route has been scouted and video teasers were captured. I tried getting something better to rip the video but ended up with crappy Windows Media - so you've been warned. You might have to save this link and run it from Windows Media Player. It's a shade over 10MB so be patient. I'll post another one later.

Enjoy! http://fearlessdata.com/fiero/RFH7_preview1.WMV

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock