Started on: 06-20-2002 11:16 PM
Replies: 190
Last post by: Ronnie on 09-23-2002 10:56 AM
Ronnie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2002 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Thomas. I can't seem to be able to pull that link up. All I'm getting is a bunch of scribble. Is there another way to look at it? Send me an email .
IP: Logged
thomas_l

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2002 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thomas_lClick Here to visit thomas_l's HomePageSend a Private Message to thomas_lDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ronnie:
Thomas. I can't seem to be able to pull that link up. All I'm getting is a bunch of scribble. Is there another way to look at it? Send me an email .

You're probably not the only one. You have to right-click and save the file to your system first. Then open it with Windows Media Player.

One of these days I'll invest in a decent piece of video software that saves avi or mpg - but for now the crappy Windows Movie Maker that comes with Windows ME is already bought & paid for

b lo 0

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2002 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for b lo 0Click Here to visit b lo 0's HomePageSend a Private Message to b lo 0Direct Link to This Post
I think I may have finally fixed the GT! Will know if it's tripworthy in a couple of days. If so, expect me this weekend at the meeting and at the RFTH this year!!! Thanks to all those who have given me nothing but good advice in the last two years!
rjotero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2002 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rjoteroSend a Private Message to rjoteroDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone;

I am in the process of making a list of
RFTH7 runners. To all of you out there planning to have a great time driving your Fiero, please drop me a note at rjotero@hotmail.com
so I can add your name to the list.

Thanks!
Ramon

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2002 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
About saving the videos...

Right-click on the link.
Click "Save target as..."
Once the "save" window opens, you'll see that it tries to save the file as an "htm" file. Change the file extension to "wmv", then save it.

------------------
Raydar

From the Department of Redundancy Department.

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2002 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Raydar

40730 posts
Member since Oct 1999
Ramon,

You have mail. Also a few questions...

Thanks.

S.H.

fierochild

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2002 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierochildSend a Private Message to fierochildDirect Link to This Post
"bump"
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2002 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rjotero:
Hello everyone;

I am in the process of making a list of
RFTH7 runners.

Thanks!
Ramon

Let me help out a little from Florida

Frank & Marianna Martin
Ron & Pat Hale
Tom Corey
Brian & Dedra Curtis
Fiero Don & Michelle Hagar

Tentativley
Kris & Audrey Munson
Mike Mankins

Frank

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2002 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
There will be a gathering of Fieros, Sunday, Aug. 11 at 1PM at the McDonalds at the intersection of Ga. Hwy 53 and Ga. Hwy 400. The group will proceed to a section of the RFTH7 course for the purpose of taking photos for the RFTH7 tshirts. This is not a run. Only a staged photo shoot. If you have a distinctive Fiero and would like the possibility of it representing one of the best runs in the history of the Hills events, by all means bring it on down. I promise you, Ramon and Thomas have laid out one fantastic course. GOOD BRAKES ARE A MUST!!!

Also, The Ga. Fiero Club is taking advance tshirt orders. $15 in advance, $20 at the event. Deadline for receipt of advance payment will be Sept. 7, 2002. Contact me for payment information.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 08-10-2002).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2002 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post

Also, The Ga. Fiero Club is taking advance tshirt orders. $15 in advance, $20 at the event. Deadline for receipt of advance payment will be Sept. 7, 2002. Contact me for payment information.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 08-10-2002).][/B][/QUOTE]

Just spoke with the vendor about 2X & 3X shirts. They indicated that the prices given were for sizes through XL. 2X & 3X's will be $3-$4 dollars more. They and the manufacturer indicate these shirts do not shrink due to their unique inner cotton layer and outer polyester layer. If you need anything larger than XL, please order in advance since these sizes will not be produced for sale at the event.

As soon as I have an address from the Sec/Treas. I will post it for advance orders. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2002 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Hey, is there a daily schedule yet? I want to go, but I found out I've already made plans for that Saturday in Charlotte. Didn't think everything was happening on the same day! Anyway, if I can find out what's going on each day, I can decide if I can try to do both, or if I'm gonna have to choose one or the other.

Thanks!

PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2002 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Well, huh? yeah? Oh, and bump....
rjotero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2002 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjoteroSend a Private Message to rjoteroDirect Link to This Post
The schedule for the next run of RFTH7 is quite simple....
Friday Sep 20 - All day - Check in the Comfort Inn. Ladies may want to go across the street and visit the North Georgia Outlets. At 8pm I will be doing a 'briefing session' with maps of the RFTH route.
Saturday Sep 21 - RFTH7 will start no later than 8:30AM. I plan to divide the group in two; fast runners will go first followed by the sight-seeing shortly after. I expect everyone back in the hotel between 3-4 pm.
Dinner arrangements will be announced during the briefing session. After dinner, back in the hotel we will have a raffle of LOTS of goodies.
Sunday Sep 22 - My Birthday... I expect LOTS of gifts from you guys! :-)(just kidding!)
Check-out time is 12 noon.
HAVE A SAFE TRIP BACK HOME!
Hope you enjoyed the Run!

ps:
Thunder Road USA is 10-15 minutes from the hotel. If there is intertest we can visit it on Friday afternoon or Sunday morning...

[This message has been edited by rjotero (edited 08-13-2002).]

FieroHarry

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2002 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rjotero:
Hi Everyone

To all of you interested on Deals Gap, not to worry a bit... This year's RFTH route include very nice segments of GA60 (downhill), US129{uphill) and the winding road around Rabun Gap. In other words, you will enjoy over 100 miles (out of a total of 222!) of VERY curvy roads. My
only suggestion is make sure your Fiero have good brakes and tires. Remember the tire dust on the cars after RFTH5??? This one will be better! And, if you still want to do Deals Gap, just let us know and we'll set up a weekend to run the RFTH5 route again (Deals Gap is right at the center of the route!)
I will be running a test run of the route of RFTH7 next week. I will try to have video clips and some pictures available soon after.

See you at the Hills!
Ramon

Way to go Ramon, look forward to seeing you next month!

------------------

"If you want to blend in, take the bus!"
85GT The "Mistress"

rjotero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2002 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rjoteroSend a Private Message to rjoteroDirect Link to This Post
Greetigs

As of today, August 28, 2002; the following is a list of confirmed RFTH7 Runners:

Frank & Marianna Martin
Ron & Pat Hale
Tom Corey
Brian & Dedra Curtis
Fiero Don & Michelle Hager
Eric and Tracy Castle
Jennifer and Alton Comer
Mark Mccree

David and Kimberly Hunter
Ed and Rosy Parks
Charlie and Cindy White
Dave and Margaret Trowbridge
Ed and Bev Williams
Charlie and Pat Ham
Freddy Clark
Tommy C., Hoover, AL

Jack & Ellen Cooke , Hickory, N.C
Richard & Leonora Adams
Kris & Audrey Munson
Mike Mankins

Skip Gundlach
Lydia Gundlach
Tony Tibbitz
Craig and Jen Brown
Lee Charles
Rick Burns
Steve Hamilton
Don Hulse
Ronnie Fulcher
Carolyn Fulcher
John Wilhoff
Ramon and Vicky Otero
Amar Patel
Thomas Little
Charles Willyard
Buck & Teresa Williams
Charles Cochran

Dan & Jeannie Bunker, Hendersonville,N.C.
Eric & Erin Bunker , Hendersonville,N.C.
John P. Miller - Raleigh, NC

Dale (Songman) - Bakersfield, CA.

Robert Holtz & his father-in-law
Barbara & Larry Hack, Michigan
Matthew and Gene Dickey, RALEIGH N.C.
Fiero Harry Waggoner - Virginia Beach
Bob Carlson - Virginia Beach
Phil, Coventry, RI

TOTAL REGISTERED RUNNERS - 47

There are still some available rooms in the Comfort Inn, make your reservation now!

Ramon

[This message has been edited by rjotero (edited 09-02-2002).]

[This message has been edited by rjotero (edited 09-04-2002).]

Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2002 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Ramon, you left out a few that I sent you. Dan & Jeannie Bunker, Hendersonville,N.C.
Eric & Erin Bunker , Hendersonville,N.C.
Buck & Teresa Williams , Watkinsville,Ga.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2002 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Man, I'm thinking about letting the family go to Denver without me.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2002 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Now all I gotta do is get my plans in order. I can either do my original plans in Charlotte OR RFTH. I can't do both.

This is not going to be easy....

------------------
Help Keep the Forum Beautiful,
Ban Dude16!

Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2002 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
I don't know whats going on in Charlotte that day , but if it comes around more than once a year , you need to be at the RFTH's. It's the most fun you'll have in your Fiero!Plus , it only comes once a year!! Hope to see you there.
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2002 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
I have it on good authority that Robert Holtz & his father-in-law plus Barbara & Larry Hack from Michigan will be joining us for the Run.

Might be able to give us a good run down on the Michigan show next year.

------------------
Frank

Space Coast Fieros -> Florida Fiero Council

FieroHarry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2002 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post
deleted

[This message has been edited by FieroHarry (edited 08-18-2002).]

PFF
System Bot
FieroHarry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2002 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post
[This message has been edited by FieroHarry (edited 08-17-2002).]

[This message has been edited by FieroHarry (edited 09-18-2002).]

FieroHarry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2002 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post

FieroHarry

1809 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Test...

[This message has been edited by FieroHarry (edited 08-17-2002).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2002 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
OK, here's the info many of you have been asking for. Tshirt information:

Youth sizes small 6-8, medium 10-12, large 14-16 and adult sizes small, medium, large and XL are $15 advance order, and $20 at the event. Most sizes available at the event will be medium, large & XL. Youth sizes will not be available at the event.

Adult size 2X is $18 advance and 3X is $19 advance. These sizes are only available on advance order and will not be available at the event. Should you order in advance and not be able to attend the event, we will ship to you with appropriate charges added.

Mail advance orders with the following information:

Name, address, shirt size, and the quantity of each shirt size. Send orders to:

Georgia Fiero Club
Ramon Otero, President
185 Pinion Lane
Alpharetta, Georgia 30005

Make all checks payable to:

GEORGIA FIERO CLUB

rjotero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2002 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjoteroSend a Private Message to rjoteroDirect Link to This Post
37 so far !!!!!

WOW! I just updated the list of 'players' for the next RFTH7. I guess we will be causing a traffic congestion!!!

I LIKE IT!

ramon

fierochild

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2002 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierochildSend a Private Message to fierochildDirect Link to This Post
Make that 38 Ramon, I'll be there.

------------------

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2002 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
I'm working on it. I need to get the rear end twitch fixed in my car, and get my time off approved. If I can pull it together, I'm there.

I think all I need is an engine mount and dog bone, so that shouldn't be too bad. If it's bad trailing arm bushings, it'll be pushing it to get them done in time.

Wish me luck!

------------------
Ban Dude16!

Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2002 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Just a sample of the twisties you'll encounter on the RFTH7. A few of us went up last Sunday for a photo shoot. Gonna be fun!!!

Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2002 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post

Ronnie

2353 posts
Member since Oct 2000
Just a little sample of what you might see if you make it to RFTH's 7. Some of us from the GA. FIERO CLUB went up last Sunday for a little photo shoot. :p You don't want to miss this event!!

Sorry for the double post,didn't know if it took the first one.Took forever.

[This message has been edited by Ronnie (edited 08-18-2002).]

rjotero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2002 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjoteroSend a Private Message to rjoteroDirect Link to This Post
Well, for those out there anxious to see a map of the route,
here it is. The distance was cut to 209 miles. I decided to
remove the Rabun Gap area and replace it with a VERY nice
segment of road I found south of Brasstown Bald. This road
is also much safer than Rabub Gap. If you need more details
and can't wait the briefing session, send me an email to
rjotero@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by rjotero (edited 08-19-2002).]

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2002 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
I'm ready

Wish it was this weekend

------------------
Frank

Space Coast Fieros -> Florida Fiero Council

PFF
System Bot
rjotero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2002 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjoteroSend a Private Message to rjoteroDirect Link to This Post
Here is another map...
This one is for those who are thinking "where the heck are the directions to the hotel!?!"

Hope no one gets lost getting to The Comfort Inn... Remember, the hotel is right in front of the North Georgia Outlets (road 19/400) approximately 38 miles north from the intersection of I-285.

[This message has been edited by rjotero (edited 08-24-2002).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2002 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Any scheduled stops along the way? Photo ops, etc? How about gas stops. 209 miles is pushing it on one tank of gas if I'm driving the "enthusiastically" the entire time.

Yeah, yeah, I know, wait for the briefing. But, you know we're impatient.

------------------
Ban Dude16!

FieroMGDriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2002 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMGDriverSend a Private Message to FieroMGDriverDirect Link to This Post
I'm coming, and I'm bringing my Dad. If he would loan me some money, I'd bring two Fieros.

------------------

AIM: FieroMGDriver My Fiero Page

rjotero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2002 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjoteroSend a Private Message to rjoteroDirect Link to This Post
Hi!

... YES there will be rest stops, fuel stops, sight-seeing and even breaks for the outhouse

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2002 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Sounds like you guys (and gals) have thought of everything! I'm planning to be there, but I can't commit until I know if my Fiero is up to the task. Working on that this week.

------------------
Ban Dude16!

Brian87egotrip

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2002 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian87egotripSend a Private Message to Brian87egotripDirect Link to This Post
My wife and I'll be there. Tried to leave her but she put her foot down. Even going to miss our kids 1st birthday. Oh well there's always his 2nd b-day. See ya there

------------------

Central Florida Fieros Web Sitehttp://CentralFloridaFieros.com

Vist the Daytona Show Site

floridafieros.org/daytona2002/

Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2002 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there, but not sure if I will be bringing the V-8 Archie or the 4.9.

------------------
Tom Corey
87 Green T-Top GT 5Spd SBC V8
88 Yellow T-Top GT, 4.9L Caddy

Songman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2002 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I'm working on possibly coming. It is a little more difficult since I live on the other side of the country now but if I can get airfares that I want I will be there! Anybody know if the hotel is full yet?
88 Database Guy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2002 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 Database GuyClick Here to visit 88 Database Guy's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88 Database GuyDirect Link to This Post
Hey Songman, where'd you go?!? I reserved a room last night as a matter of fact, for Saturday only, and they still had some openings at the $49 rate. The hotel person even asked if I wanted smoking or non, so there is some choice for those who inhale.

Hope to see you and everyone there,

John

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock