Run For The Hills Number 7 by fierofool
Started on: 06-20-2002 11:16 PM
Replies: 190
Last post by: Ronnie on 09-23-2002 10:56 AM
rjotero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2002 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjoteroSend a Private Message to rjoteroDirect Link to This Post
Suggestion...

To all of you planning to be at the Run, please consider having a CB radio for on the road communication. It can also be invaluable in case you run into problems...

Ramon

IP: Logged
Ronnie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2002 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Hey Ramon, looks like you need to update the list. Been several new folks to say they're going.
Songman , hope you can make it!! Where are you now? Did you get another Fiero?
Songman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2002 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys... I'm in! Made my flight reservations yesterday and my hotel reservations just a few minutes ago!

Ronnie, I live in California now. I went down last weekend to meet the guys at West Coast Fiero and I hope to meet more Fiero folks out this way soon. But I am still a GA boy at heart so I won't forget about my buddies back there, and in Tennessee and Alabama.

I'm flying into Nashville on the 17th and will be picking up my new Fiero on the 18th. That will give me a few days to make sure the new car is ready for the RFTH and also the trip cross country to CA afterwards. I plan on going to Ed's on Thursday to let him look over the car with me (if he is there) and maybe convoy with some Alabama folks on Friday.

I am still in the Fiero game! I still have my original 84SE parts car, an 87 GT, and the new one I just bought.

Look forward to seeing you all there!

Dale

btw... John, I will have some new info for your database when I see you!

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 08-22-2002).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2002 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Okay, guys. Just reserved my room.

If you want to stay both nights, there are only 3 non-smoking rooms, and 9 smoking rooms left.

Dale? What ya' buying?

------------------
Raydar

From the Department of Redundancy Department.

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2002 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Finally bought a car that I have been sitting on for a while. An old man had it sitting in a building so I knew it wasn't going anywhere. I'm not going to say anything yet though...

I do know that I have to put a fuel pump in it when I get there though. When I went to make the deal the car wouldn't run on it's own without spraying starting fluid into the intake. But other than being a PITA I don't think there is anything tough about this.

See you all there.

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2002 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
I'm IN!!

Just got my vacation time approved, and called and got my hotel room. Looking forward to this. It appears my car may be developing an exhaust leak (of course), so I've got to pit crew on the sucker to make sure she's ready in time. But now I'm committed, so I've got no choice.

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2002 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Formula88

53788 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by rjotero:
Greetigs

As of today, August 22, 2002; the following is a list of confirmed RFTH7 Runners:

Formula88 - Raleigh, NC

You can also use my "real" name, if you like.

John P. Miller - Raleigh, NC

Everyone needs to get a Fiero name badge from Bob Englert so we can tell who we're talking to.

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2002 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
I've just spoken with Ms. Kim at the Comfort Inn to find what's still available for the event. There are 3 non-smoking and 8 smoking rooms left. These are rooms set aside for 2 nights for our group. There are other rooms that might be available for Friday night or Saturday night, only for those of you who may arrive late, or leave early.

Additionally, there are suites available (can be shared). Suites with jaccuzi is $72.99. I think she said sleeps 3. A rollaway can be had for $10. Suites with microwave and refrigerator are $82.99 Sleeps 4 and a rollaway is $10 additional. If you've been holding off thinking there weren't enough rooms, give them a call at 706-216-1900 and don't forget to mention the Fiero Event. Start lining up someone to share a suite with.

Just 2 more weeks to get your advance tshirt orders in. HURRY!

Still wishing I could be there. Thinking about coming down with an unknown illness so I won't have to go to Denver, then finding a miracle cure once the family has left. Anyone got any good diseases lying around?

TCredGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2002 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TCredGTClick Here to visit TCredGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to TCredGTDirect Link to This Post
We'be there WBO(with bells on). Had a ball last year in Cherokee. I hope everyone has a safe trip to Awsomville and back.

Tommy C ------------------

[This message has been edited by TCredGT (edited 08-30-2002).]

rjotero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2002 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjoteroSend a Private Message to rjoteroDirect Link to This Post
DON'T BE LEFT OUT! ORDER YOUR T-SHIRT NOW!

The cut-off date for the t-shirt orders
is Sept 7. Keep in mind there will be a
very limited quantity (if any at all...) for sale at the event.
As of today (Sep. 10), this is a list of received (pre-paid) orders:

Steve Hamilton 2 XL,2XL
Kevin McFall 2
Ramon Otero 2 XL
Don Hulse 1 S
Chuck Willyard 1 XL
Don Hager 1 2XL
David Hunter 2 L,XL
Thomas Little 1 XL
Ron Hale 2 2XL,3XL
Tom Corey 1 XL
Tommy Campis 2 L,XL
Frank Martin 2 XL,3XL
Jennifer Comer 2 XL,3XL
Charles Cochran 1 XL
Charles Sewell 3 XL,2XL,3XL
Carolyn Fulcher 2 XL,2XL
Lee Charles 2 XL,2XL
Harry Waggoner 2 M,L

I will update this list as orders are received.

Ramon

PS: I posted an incorrect cut-off date for advance orders. Note the correct date is 9/7.

[This message has been edited by rjotero (edited 09-10-2002).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2002 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Has the T-shirt design been released yet?
PFF
System Bot
WHEELIE

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2002 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WHEELIEClick Here to visit WHEELIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to WHEELIEDirect Link to This Post
Hi guys
WHEELIE here I just heard about this RFTH thingy I hope I can make it but I might be out of town, I don't know yet. remember if any of you guys are running around here stop in and say hi and check out my TWO fieros!!Once is never enough.
Plus if you need technical help while up here I can help, I have a full service repair shop
thanks
hope to see you all
wheelie

------------------
RED 85 GT MY DEAL'S GAP DRAGON SLAYER
WHEELER'S PERFORMANCE MOTORCYCLE SHOP NEAR DEALS GAP
check out TAILOFTHEDRAGON.COM 318 curves in 11 miles
and now # 2 white 88 gt fastback

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2002 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:
Has the T-shirt design been released yet?

I'm down to 2 designs. Have to meet with the printer to play with the shots and set the copy in and enhance a few areas. The final will be dependant upon what those look like.

Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2002 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
The list is still growing!!
fierochild

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2002 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierochildSend a Private Message to fierochildDirect Link to This Post
Bumpity bump. OOPS! I mean right turn, left turn "S" turn 180*, 360*. Duh, was that a spin? Shure hope not. Can't wait. Getting excited. See you all soon.

Chuck

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2002 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Just finalized the tshirt design. Ramon should have it posted soon.
rjotero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2002 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rjoteroSend a Private Message to rjoteroDirect Link to This Post
RFTH7 Runners;

Here is the artwork you will see on the event T-shirts.
Thanks a lot to fierofool (Charlie S.) for his excellent work. T-shirt color will be white, very high quality material.

We hope everyone like it.

Here they are:

Front left of T-shirt (small logo):

Back of T-shirt:

[This message has been edited by rjotero (edited 08-31-2002).]

[This message has been edited by rjotero (edited 08-31-2002).]

FieroMGDriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2002 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMGDriverSend a Private Message to FieroMGDriverDirect Link to This Post
Nice design, what size is the front graphic going to be in and what location? Also, will the back of the shirt be one big screen print block? I'm guessing white shirts?
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2002 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMGDriver:
Nice design, what size is the front graphic going to be in and what location? Also, will the back of the shirt be one big screen print block? I'm guessing white shirts?

The back will be about 12x12, dependant upon the size of the shirt. The front will be in the left pocket area (left chest crest) and will be about 4x5 or 5x6. White shirts. No pockets (except 1 for Ed Parks).

Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2002 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Just another "bump" up the hill! Shirt looks great Charlie.
Phil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2002 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Might as well make this the 100th post in this thread- Got my car back together and my reservations made- ready to roll.

------------------

SC3800

PFF
System Bot
rjotero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2002 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjoteroSend a Private Message to rjoteroDirect Link to This Post
47 Runners as of today....

I should start looking for some celebrity to
say those famous words "Ladies and Gentlemen, Start Your Engines!"

Any suggestions????

Ramon

PS
In the event (something I never expected) that the main hotel gets booked, I have another hotel just across the road from the Comfort Inn.
Here is the info, in case anyone needs it:

Best Western Inn
76 N Georgia Ave
Dawsonville, GA
706-216-4410 www.BestWestern.com/DawsonVillageInn

There are no discount arrangements in this one...

[This message has been edited by rjotero (edited 09-02-2002).]

[This message has been edited by rjotero (edited 09-04-2002).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2002 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

46 Runners as of today....

Holy Smokes!!! Excellent!

Ramon, You have email.

Thanks!

------------------
Raydar

ReFormulated

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2002 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by rjotero:
[B]46 Runners as of today....

Any suggestions????

Ramon

Ramon

You don't need any help in that department

------------------
Frank

Space Coast Fieros -> Florida Fiero Council

Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2002 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Man!! That's great!!! Come on guys , let's at least get up to 50!!! Hey Ramon, should we get numbers put on our doors for the "Race For The Hills" , he he.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2002 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Hey, Phil, you bringing the Tater along? He had previously mentioned he might make it. You could also bring Finny, but Sunbirds aren't allowed. Maybe Tater will loan him one of his Fieros.

Charlie

Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2002 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Anyone else?? The time is drawing near!!!

Can't wait!!

rjotero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2002 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjoteroSend a Private Message to rjoteroDirect Link to This Post
I plan to be at the Comfort Inn on Friday, Sep. 20 around noon. Let's see who is the first Fiero to arrive! ( I am not counting myself )

Ramon

MrPBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2002 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrPBodyClick Here to visit MrPBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrPBodyDirect Link to This Post
I'm there. Not first, but there.
Phil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2002 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:
Hey, Phil, you bringing the Tater along? He had previously mentioned he might make it. You could also bring Finny, but Sunbirds aren't allowed. Maybe Tater will loan him one of his Fieros.

Charlie

Never met Finny- guess Tater hides him.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2002 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
What was that chick's name who was selling her "celebrity-owned Fiero on eBay a while back? Maybe she still has her car and can come down to do it!

47 Runners as of today....

Any suggestions????

Ramon
COLOR][/SIZE]

PFF
System Bot
Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2002 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Hey Ramon - you have a Private Message

ONLY 14 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!

Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2002 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post

Ronnie

2353 posts
Member since Oct 2000
Hey Ramon - - you have a private message

ONLY 14 MORE DAYS 'TIL RFTH7!!!!!!
Sorry for the double posts.

[This message has been edited by Ronnie (edited 09-08-2002).]

FieroHarry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2002 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post
edit

[This message has been edited by FieroHarry (edited 09-18-2002).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2002 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
I've made contact with a professional photographer who produces photos and CD's of car events. He has indicated that if there is enough interest, he will attend the meeting Saturday evening, shoot the people and their cars, and take orders. He is monitoring this forum, so respond here.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2002 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
CRAP!

I'm not going to be able to make RFTH after all. I've got a cracked exhaust manifold, and I'm not going to be able to afford to get it fixed before the run.

It was going to be close. I need to replace my engine mount and dog bone. That I could have handled, but this on top of it... not enough time or money.

If anyone needs a room at the hotel, I just cancelled my reservation. I'm going to go cry now.

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2002 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I think we can add one mor to the list of attendees.. My buddy Justis from Tennessee called the other day and he was planning on bringing his turbo'd 88 GT down for the run.

I can't wait! Hope my car is ready or it will be a long walk!

gangrenefiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2002 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gangrenefieroClick Here to visit gangrenefiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to gangrenefieroDirect Link to This Post
WOOO HOOO im in. I was finally able to get a room at the Super 8 because im only 20 and the comfort wanted you to be 21. SOOOO now that i have a room is anyone else at the Super 8? There number is 706-216-6801. Its good cuz i got the whurlpool room for only 69 dollars when comfort wanted 73. So for the 25 over the regular room price of 44 i got the whirlpool and a king bed. Ive never slept in a king bed before! But i am coming from Clemson University so i have to leave sat. morning and ill spend just the one night. Does anyone have a plan or event schedule so i know where to find everyone sat. morning. Anyway let me know if anyone else is staying there too.
SEE YA THERE,
Mike

[This message has been edited by gangrenefiero (edited 09-11-2002).]

[This message has been edited by gangrenefiero (edited 09-11-2002).]

gangrenefiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2002 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gangrenefieroClick Here to visit gangrenefiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to gangrenefieroDirect Link to This Post

gangrenefiero

283 posts
Member since Aug 2001
http://www.super8.com/Super8/control/Booking/allphotos?pid=10605

also here is the web site with pics of the rooms and the address if anyone is interested.

------------------

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2002 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
The actual run is on Saturday morning. (I forget what time. Anybody??)
If you're just leaving Clemson on Saturday morning, leave early. Mapquest says you're 3+ hours away.
Waaay better to come Friday evening, and go back Saturday evening.

------------------
Raydar

I'm not the pheasant plucker.
I'm the pheasant plucker's son.
But I'll pluck pheasants
'Til the pheasant plucker comes.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page