Started on: 06-20-2002 11:16 PM
Replies: 190
Last post by: Ronnie on 09-23-2002 10:56 AM
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2002 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by gangrenefiero:
Does anyone have a plan or event schedule so i know where to find everyone sat. morning. Anyway let me know if anyone else is staying there too.
SEE YA THERE,
Mike

There's a schedule in this thread. Go back and read the entire thread and you'll find it.

The run leaves at about 8 A.M. on Saturday. Looks like you'll be getting up mighty early.

IP: Logged
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2002 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Looks like I will be getting up early too! And I will be right there at it! I almost missed it last year. Didn't even have time to fuel up. Thankfully, I made it to the first gas stop!

------------------

Ronnie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2002 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Gangrene, if it was me, I'd swap my reservation for Friday night. Come on over on Friday , and go on the run Sat. morning , then drive back Sat. afternoon. The Run starts at 8 or 8:30 Saturday morning. Trying to beat the traffic.
gangrenefiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2002 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gangrenefieroClick Here to visit gangrenefiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to gangrenefieroDirect Link to This Post
Yeah i think thats what i will do. Im done with classes friday by 2:30 so it would be about 5 when i got there. Does anyone know when the "leisure" trip through the mountains is, i havent changed my brakes, tires for a while and ive never changed the shocks or anything so i dont want to break anything. I was just going to meet everyone.
See ya!
Mike

------------------

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2002 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gangrenefiero:
Does anyone know when the "leisure" trip through the mountains is...

Last I heard, there were going to be two groups of cars. The first group would be the ones who wanted to "exercise their cars".
The second group -the ones who wanted to take it easy -would leave immediately afterward.
I'm sure someone will correct me if I've misspoken.

------------------
Raydar

I'm not the pheasant plucker.
I'm the pheasant plucker's son.
But I'll pluck pheasants
'Til the pheasant plucker comes.

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2002 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
If you'll note earlier in the thread, they mention there's a briefing at 8P.M. on Fri. night where they'll give out maps and explain everything.
Brian87egotrip

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2002 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian87egotripSend a Private Message to Brian87egotripDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:
Last I heard, there were going to be two groups of cars. The first group would be the ones who wanted to "exercise their cars".
The second group -the ones who wanted to take it easy -would leave immediately afterward.

I've been two years. and there is always two groups. Funny thing is that we leave togewther and finish together. I haven't figured out how that works yet. See eveybody there!

------------------

Central Florida Fieros Web Sitehttp://CentralFloridaFieros.com

Vist the Daytona Show Site

floridafieros.org/daytona2002/

rjotero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2002 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjoteroSend a Private Message to rjoteroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:
[b]CRAP!

I'm not going to be able to make RFTH after all. I've got a cracked exhaust manifold, and I'm not going to be able to afford to get it fixed before the run.

It was going to be close. I need to replace my engine mount and dog bone. That I could have handled, but this on top of it... not enough time or money.

If anyone needs a room at the hotel, I just cancelled my reservation. I'm going to go cry now.[/B]

Hey, Formula88; I have a suggestion for you....
In fact, this is a suggestion to everyone that may want to come to the Run and is having last minute problems with your Fiero...
How about going as a passenger??? There will be MANY empty passenger seats in the Run. If you still want to come, meet the gang and have some fun, go and get another car and come over! I bet you will find some one willing to use the passesenger seat and have someone to talk to... Post a note and see who can 'adopt' you!
I know the fun part will be the driving, but just being part of the event promises to be a blast!

fierochild

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2002 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierochildSend a Private Message to fierochildDirect Link to This Post
Gangrenefiero,
It'll be cool to have another green Fiero in them thar hills. Anybody else bringin green?

See Ya'll next Friday
Chuck

------------------

[This message has been edited by fierochild (edited 09-12-2002).]

[This message has been edited by fierochild (edited 09-12-2002).]

gangrenefiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2002 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gangrenefieroClick Here to visit gangrenefiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to gangrenefieroDirect Link to This Post
I agree. Dragon will be there in his green car too, so that is at least 3. And as a bonus all are different shades.

------------------

www.geocities.com/uforiagman

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2002 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
Change

[This message has been edited by Dragon (edited 09-16-2002).]

PFF
System Bot
Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2002 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Don Hulse has a green 86SE also, but Steve(Raydar) will have to answer if Don is bringing his green car or the black Formula , if he hasn't sold it yet, since Don is not online. So , possibly 4 greenies.
Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2002 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post

Ronnie

2353 posts
Member since Oct 2000
Now , everybody tell what color Fiero you're bringing.
Mine will be Black w/ Gold stripes GT

------------------

FieroMGDriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2002 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMGDriverSend a Private Message to FieroMGDriverDirect Link to This Post
Bringing a stock black/silver GT. My red/silver GT isn't ready. I need more money.

------------------

AIM: FieroMGDriver My Fiero Page

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm.. not sure what color mine will be... But I am betting on BLACK!

------------------

FieroHarry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Okay Ill throw my 2 cents in! AS a soon to be 3rd timer, ive found that everyone who wants to run hard and leave a little rubber on the back bumper leaves in towards the front of the pack. We get ahead and run a little faster than the others who catch up rather quickly (if i might say so) at each stop.
Usually there is a stretch or two of the asigned route (youll find at the briefing) where everyone can opening up and stretch there muscle.
After the areas there will usually be a stop to cool down the rides,take pics,shot the breeze (and like me 2 years ago at the Dragon) shake off the excitement
Then again theres times when we run about an average speed the entire trip.
You'll just have to show up and see.
Ill never forget RFTH 5 when a State trooper in Tenn got on the CB and said "Damn there sure are a lot of ya'll" as we rolled by about 15 over the limit!

------------------

"If you want to blend in, take the bus!"
85GT The "Mistress"

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
Only 15 over?

------------------
Frank

Space Coast Fieros -> Florida Fiero Council

Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2002 05:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ronnie:
Now , everybody tell what color Fiero you're bringing.
Mine will be Black w/ Gold stripes GT

------------------

SC3800

TCredGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2002 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TCredGTClick Here to visit TCredGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to TCredGTDirect Link to This Post
How about a nice deep burgundy metallic GT.I like to call it "CRIMSON" since I'm from 'Bama.................I"M Ready !!

------------------
Tommy C

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2002 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Mine will be called "Green With Envy" since I won't be able to be there.

No responses to the inquiries about photos. Isn't there anyone who's interested?

FieroHarry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2002 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dragon:
Only 15 over?

Okay Frank, I lied......
Wouldnt be good to advertise this many cars going 20 over...wouldnt wanna scare off any newbies

------------------

85GT The "Mistress"

PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2002 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Ever had any problems with the cops when "exercising" your cars during a RFTH?
88GTURBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2002 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTURBOSend a Private Message to 88GTURBODirect Link to This Post
Guess I'll be there. Looking foward to meeting ya'll. Drive Fast, Drive Safe
Justis
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2002 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ronnie:
Don Hulse has a green 86SE also, but Steve(Raydar) will have to answer if Don is bringing his green car or the black Formula , if he hasn't sold it yet, since Don is not online. So , possibly 4 greenies.

Don has his green SE all buttoned back together, and drove it to the club meeting today, so it looks like he'll be driving it to the hills.

------------------
Raydar

I'm not the pheasant plucker.
I'm the pheasant plucker's son.
But I'll pluck pheasants
'Til the pheasant plucker comes.

FieroHarry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2002 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:
Ever had any problems with the cops when "exercising" your cars during a RFTH?

No way, the "Host" club/s always seem to do a great job of scouting out the routes.
Always smooth, always twisty and most of the route is usually country 2 lanes with little traffic. 9 times out of ten very scenic!
Not to mention everybody keeps the pack informed of potential problems from the front using CB's

[This message has been edited by FieroHarry (edited 09-14-2002).]

Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2002 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Easy bump here. Only 6 more days!!!!
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2002 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
Harry

Climbing Hills Again This Time?

------------------
Frank

Space Coast Fieros -> Florida Fiero Council

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2002 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
The countdown is on! I'm leaving at 3am in the morning! Just talked to the mechanic in GA and my car is ready! Gonna get new rubber when I get there and be ready to go!

Only one thing. He says everything works on the car but the gas gauge! Nothing new on a Fiero I know! I asked him why he didn't put a sending unit in when he dropped the tank for the fuel pump and he said that no one local had one. I need advice from V6 guys on how far you can go on a tank of gas. Also, where is a good place to get a fuel sending unit. Plus, does anyone have any links on how to calibrate a sending unit so it actually reads correctly?

Thanks guys! Looking forward to seeing everybody!

------------------

FieroMGDriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2002 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMGDriverSend a Private Message to FieroMGDriverDirect Link to This Post
I can always go 200 miles on my tank. I have the V6 with auto transmission. That's if I drive somewhat conservatively. My tank is empty about one line above when the needle says empty, and when I fill up it usually goes a ways past full.
rjotero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2002 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjoteroSend a Private Message to rjoteroDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by rjotero (edited 09-17-2002).]

FieroHarry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2002 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dragon:
Harry

Climbing Hills Again This Time?

Why Yes Frank, I will and if im not mistaken the goat above me looks very much like you

------------------

85GT The "Mistress"

PFF
System Bot
FieroHarry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2002 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post

FieroHarry

1809 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by Songman:
The countdown is on! I'm leaving at 3am in the morning! Just talked to the mechanic in GA and my car is ready! Gonna get new rubber when I get there and be ready to go!

Only one thing. He says everything works on the car but the gas gauge! Nothing new on a Fiero I know! I asked him why he didn't put a sending unit in when he dropped the tank for the fuel pump and he said that no one local had one. I need advice from V6 guys on how far you can go on a tank of gas. Also, where is a good place to get a fuel sending unit. Plus, does anyone have any links on how to calibrate a sending unit so it actually reads correctly?

Thanks guys! Looking forward to seeing everybody!

Dale,
Glad to hear your gonna make it!
See you Friday night, as to gas mileage mine can go 280 miles on a tank full at 70MPH on the slab, but around town or driving hard only about 180....

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2002 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post

Unless I break something between now and then the Dragon is running.

Dwain Thier is bringing "Silver Thunder" and

Tom Corey is rolling in with "Outlaw"

Wish we were leaving today

[This message has been edited by Dragon (edited 09-16-2002).]

FieroHarry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2002 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post
I cant wait to see what youve been up to Frank.......
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2002 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroHarry:
I cant wait to see what youve been up to Frank.......

Nada

DonHager

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2002 06:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DonHagerSend a Private Message to DonHagerDirect Link to This Post
Frank is always up to something????????
And I agree, wish we leaving today, I know I need a long ride......

------------------
FieroDon
86 SE
87 GT (factory blue)
87 Coupe 4L(factory blue)
88 GT

WWW.Fiero.us

fierochild

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2002 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierochildSend a Private Message to fierochildDirect Link to This Post
Fuel mileage varies greatly depending how you drive your car. I have gotten 28mpg cruiseing at 65 to as little as .972mpg (yes that's right, less than 1 mpg) running flat out in 3rd gear on the race track for an hour. You will be in 2nd and 3rd gear a lot of the time during the run. There are a number of streaches between the squiglies where you can shift into 4th and relax a little. My 86Gt 4 speed usaully averages around 17mpg in suburban driving. I don't drive fast, I just get to the next light quickly. With the fuel stop near the center of the run, if you start with a full tank you will not have any problems.

Lookin forward to meetin ya'll
(That's the way us transplanted yankees have learned to talk.)

Chuck
Lambo green 86GT

------------------

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2002 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
When and from where does FL Fieros plan to leave to NC for this? Do you know if there are still rooms available? I may be able to squeeze it. Thanks.

------------------
Alex4mulas :-)
N2O! 3.4!

rjotero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2002 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjoteroSend a Private Message to rjoteroDirect Link to This Post
Well, after the Run, we must recharge our
batteries, so here is the information on the re-charge process!

RFTH7 Dinner Menu at O'Charlies

A choice of one of the following:
o GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST (grilled, cajun or teriyaki)
o 7oz SIRLOIN STEAK
o 8oz PRIME RIB
o GRILLED YELLOW FIN TUNA with Ginger Sauce

Served with salad and choice of dressing, choice of
tea, cofee or soft drink and O'Charlies famous rolls.

Choice of Baked Potato, rice Pilaf or Veggies.

O'Charlies Caramel Pie for dessert.

Price $15 per person, includes gratuity.

WE MUST BE AT THE RESTAURANT (seated) NO LATER THAN 6:30 PM
on Saturday.

[This message has been edited by rjotero (edited 09-17-2002).]

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2002 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
I'm going!! I'll be driving alone but I hope I can catch the Tampa/Orlando caravan. I'll drive to Orlando Thu night and depart Fri morning to the meet at Wildwood. Anyone can tell me where is that??
The Comfort Inn is already full. I got a room in a Best Western across the street. They still have some rooms. Phone # there is 706-216-4410. Rate is $55 and have 10% discount with AAA. Another option if they have rooms (didn't try) is a Super 8 near by. Phone# for that is 706-216-6801.
Hope to see you all there!

------------------
Alex4mulas :-)
N2O! 3.4!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave